Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2015, 09:12   #676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Imo the all black interiors look good. The screen still looks very small, but definitely better than the pre facelift. Projector lamps and drl are a welcome addition.
Would try and fit the projectors on my car once they are available. I have a Mega Audio 7 inch touch screen on my car which is working quite fine.
Amith nice snaps. You some how missed the alloys.
Hi Arjun,

Can you please post some pics of your Head unit and how you have installed it? Did you get the replacement fascia?

I am interested in installing a Pioneer 7" HU.

Thanks.
Old 23rd April 2015, 08:21   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Hi Arjun,

Can you please post some pics of your Head unit and how you have installed it? Did you get the replacement fascia?

I am interested in installing a Pioneer 7" HU.

Thanks.

Hi, I am trying to upload the photos but cannot. It says security error and that I may not have permission to upload photos.
Mods: is this some type of settings? Can someone help. I am on the IOS app.
Old 27th April 2015, 10:03   #678

re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
There hasn't been any ownership reviews as such of the 1.6 Crdi motor with the Auto box. I am deciding on a new car and I would like to know how it performs in the real world with real time efficiency of it and whether the power is sufficient or the ride is horrid.
I own the Elantra CRDI with Automatic Transmission for the last 9 months. The car is excellent. Ride, maintenance, comfort, mileage are great in city and on the highway. Power is adequate for city and highway but nothing great. The Cruze is better in terms of pickup and acceleration.
spiritual is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 07:39   #679
BHPian

(Please Note: this post is parallelly posted in the "Upcoming 2015 Elantra" thread as both are active for elantra discussion.)

Hey guys,

What would you recommend from the below:

Model: Diesel Automatic fully loaded.

1. Buy facelifted Elantra for 21.5 lk (hyderabad)

Or

2. Buy pre facelift model, feb 2015 make, for 18.5lk ?

I am tempted towards the pre-facelift. The difference in old and new, except for the head lamps, all are just ordinary changes which has no impact whatsoever.
1. I like the beige interiors more actually, as the black does make it look dull and claustrophobic. (Thankfully its not as light as what came with Laura).

I can always get the head lamps installed, should be around 40-50k each. So thats abt 1lk.

The Touch Screen audio system is still crap. I would be going for the MegaAudio 7" touch screen system for 50k .

New design Alloys make no visual impact.

AC front centre position changed, but as i have sat in older car, i didn't find a problem with the older position.

So what do you suggest?
Old 29th April 2015, 08:33   #680
BHPian

Quote:
(Please Note: this post is parallelly posted in the "Upcoming 2015 Elantra" thread as both are active for elantra discussion.)

Hey guys,

Or

So what do you suggest?
I think you have already made a decision right there buddy!
Go for the pre-facelift.
The savings are substantial and you yourself don't seem to have much of a problem with it.
Old 29th April 2015, 08:40   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So what do you suggest?
I say go for the Feb 2015 model. I don't think the additional bump in cost is justified for the facelift. Run through the pre delivery inspection and you should be good. Some discounts might be possible too.
Old 29th April 2015, 09:00   #682
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Or

I will go with the pre facelift model. 3L is a significant difference and there would not be an equal difference in the resale value of the 2 models. Do ensure that the car is genuinely a 2015 model as it is hard to digest the price difference.
Old 29th April 2015, 09:23   #683
BHPian

RavSam, SandeepMohan, DrMohit,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions! Just needed to make sure i am thinking right, and you have helped a lot!.

Have to confirm it today to the dealer if i want it or not. Let's see how it turns up!
Old 7th May 2015, 13:33   #684

Hello Everyone. I am new here.
My dad just bought an Elantra Diesel. It will be delivered in 30 days. I wanted VW Jetta but we were getting a good deal for Elantra.
I dont care much about the features (I do appreciate them highly though, you should get what you are paying for). But i strongly car about handling, engine and driving.
Now I already know Elantra is not meant for that. It just doesnt fall into its PRIORITY list. However I want to know from fellow BHPians how there experience have been with the machine (It does look beautiful, that's for sure.)
I want to know :
1. How is it on Highway and Traffic ? (My driving includes 60% highway and 40% city roads.)
2. How is the Power on demand ? (Overtaking potential required for foolish people driving slowly on right lane).
3. Steering and Handling. (Do give inputs about high speed stability and driving on corners)
4. Any other thing you want to tell me about the car.

Whatever the case may be I am Excited about the car. This is my first "New" car.
I have been driving my dad's SX4 (2007 / Vxi Petrol) till now and I love its steering.

Thank you so much everyone in advance. I am still learning about these beautiful machines.
Old 7th May 2015, 15:15   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM_REGALION View Post
Hello Everyone. I am new here.

My dad just bought an Elantra Diesel. It will be delivered in 30 days. I wanted VW Jetta but we were getting a good deal for Elantra.

I dont care much about the features (I do appreciate them highly though, you should get what you are paying for). But i strongly car about handling, engine and driving.

Now I already know Elantra is not meant for that. It just doesnt fall into its PRIORITY list. However I want to know from fellow BHPians how there experience have been with the machine (It does look beautiful, that's for sure.)

I want to know :

1. How is it on Highway and Traffic ? (My driving includes 60% highway and 40% city roads.)

2. How is the Power on demand ? (Overtaking potential required for foolish people driving slowly on right lane).

3. Steering and Handling. (Do give inputs about high speed stability and driving on corners)

Whatever the case may be I am Excited about the car. This is my first "New" car.

I have been driving my dad's SX4 (2007 / Vxi Petrol) till now and I love its steering.

Thank you so much everyone in advance. I am still learning about these beautiful machines.

I have had the diesel manual SX Elantra for 2 years now.

The ride and handling is very good if not exceptional like the Octavia . There is nothing to complain about. We always buy cars for our roads and not the track.
The highway stability is very good. It's a very able cruiser. Capable of cruising at triple digit speeds all day.

You will not find the need for additional power while overtaking.

It's also extremely easy to drive in the city.

With all the bells and whistles you will enjoy the car.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 18:24   #686
BHPian

Hello, having an Elantra SX MT since 2012 in the family. The Elantra is one car that can give you smiles all day long. But if you are a hardcore enthusiast wanting an evil grin plastered on your face, look elsewhere.

Quote:

I want to know :
Effortless cruiser on the highway. Takes you to the destination in complete tranquility.
In city traffic she's a delight to handle. The light steering is quite a boon. Might want to watch out for those bulging wheel arches though when in tight traffic.

Quote:
Power delivery is very linear. No fuss. But no explosions either She just pulls. Rarely have to drop down from 5th or 4th on the highway to overtake. Overtaking at slow speeds can be tricky, especially if you are fully loaded with passengers.

Quote:
Handling is not too shabby considering that it is not exactly Hyundai's forte! Initially I had some problems when taking corners hard. That had more to do with the fact that my previous ride was a Ford Fiesta Classic with hydraulic steering. Loved that! With some getting used to, you can take on corners effortlessly. More steering feedback is always welcome!

There are no worries about the high speed stability. No undue oscillations. The car can keep it's composure pretty well though I would rate the Germans higher.

Quote:
She sits pretty low. Might wanna take it easy over deep potholes and imperfect speed bumps.

Enjoy the car mate! She's a great machine to own. Cheers !

Last edited by GKR9900 : 7th May 2015 at 18:25.
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2015, 12:26   #687

Thank you so much for answering. It helps a lot.

Has anyone upgraded there ICE/IVI in their ELantra.
And if yes, then which one. Because the stock one is just do-able. Nothing more.
Does Hyundai provides any other optional ICE/IVI on their own ? Corolla, Jetta, Skoda all of them get good systems now days.
I don't have much knowledge about hyundai cars on this.
Old 15th May 2015, 19:52   #688

Hello everyone! i got the Elantra in Aug'13. I know i am too late, but i do want to share my experience.
My first car was a Swift which my parents bought me in 2008. Oh, i so miss that car. There was nothing in the world we could not conquer. I did a tour of Leh via Manali to Kashmir on my Swift in 2008 with a friend. That time, people were astonished to see me drive a swift to Leh.
Coming back to 2013, i wanted to replace my old pal with something as good.
It was going to be the first car i was buying on my own, so I researched for about six months. Team Bhp has been very helpful in the filtration process.

Then came the day when i was getting a very good deal on Elantra, so for the next 1 month, day and night i was dreaming about it. And after lots of paper work and dreaming, came the day. The pics were taken one month after i bought the car. Gleaming Red!
Attached Thumbnails
Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra-1.jpg  

Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra-2.jpg  

Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra-3.jpg  

Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra-4.jpg  

Old 16th May 2015, 00:26   #689

@9nikhil

I can totally understand your excitement. I am also getting a top tier Elantra and I have been dreaming about it since weeks now.
It will be delivered till the end of this month and I just can't wait to get my hands on this beauty.
Old 17th May 2015, 21:50   #690
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review

2 years/ 20,000 Kms service cost me ₹3500-/. Vow..for a car of this segment, just awesome.Thumbs up Hyundai.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 17th May 2015 at 22:00.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks