Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2015, 08:30   #736
BHPian

re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Hi Deepu,

I am interested in going for the Pioneer 8690 too and would like to know these

1. Did the set come with the steering control module as default or u had to buy it seperately?

2. Is yours the 8690 or 5790? As from your pics, the centre button is rectangle, whereas on Pioneer's website it shows the centre button as half round.

3. Did you consider the Sony 712BT?

Thanks.
i am in the same boat.. want an upgrade for my 3 year old Fluidic Elantra but confused.. sound quality wise difference between the Pioneer and Sony ? cost difference ? any other options ? rear seat operability is an absolute must since i'm in the back seat most of the time !!
Old 17th August 2015, 09:15   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Deepu,

I am interested in going for the Pioneer 8690 too and would like to know these

1. Did the set come with the steering control module as default or u had to buy it seperately?

2. Is yours the 8690 or 5790? As from your pics, the centre button is rectangle, whereas on Pioneer's website it shows the centre button as half round.

3. Did you consider the Sony 712BT?

Thanks.
Hi brother

I very much recommend the 8690 which i am using on my elantra , reason is the only model compatible to apple car play and being the flagship model has very good DSP . Further navigation was never required by me

I did consider Sony too but was bowled over by the pioneer and as such globally pioneer is much ahead of Sony on car audio.

To have the steering controls functional you have to install an interface which is readily available and works just fine without any issues. Anyone in Noida or around is most welcome to take a look at this and experience pure music at its best in my car.
Deepu Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 09:19   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
i am in the same boat.. want an upgrade for my 3 year old Fluidic Elantra but confused.. sound quality wise difference between the Pioneer and Sony ? cost difference ? any other options ? rear seat operability is an absolute must since i'm in the back seat most of the time !!
Go for the Pioneer bro. u will love it and mate it to some good components along with a good amplifier. u cannot get the rear seat controls functional as in my case but for me does not matter as im driving most of the time. It cost me 29 k for the unit, 3k for the panel and 3 k for the fitting and interface .
Old 17th August 2015, 09:57   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Asit,

Over years i have used a lot of Pioneer top of the line models and have always been highly impressed with it. Used Sony a couple of times in between but was ok experience.
I am now just wondering if Sony has caught up or not as its been a while now i changed the head unit in my car as most have been coming with integrated systems which were pretty good. Now somehow the itch is back to have a full touch screen HU so changing.

I got a the replacement fascia from Korea which looks more of an oem look than the bland black background.

About rear seat operability, as of now with the interface available here its not working. I see a couple of interfaces in the US which claims to activate rear handrest remote too.
The Pioneer unit comes with its own remote which is actually more functional than the Elantra's hand rest remote. It's your personal opinion what you feel comfortable using.

Sound output wise i think both are same. In case yiu want more power then additional amplifiers are the way to go.

I want to put an amplifier and components but am scared of the engine whinning noise that starts off sometimes when you have an amplifier installed.

Long back when i was in college had plenty of time to get these noises fixed, now i don't even have time to go and get the system installed, so can't be fighting off extra sounds in the car!

I am planning on getting the system fit on Tuesday or wednesday. Will update once done. Awaiting the steering remote interface and wiring harness.
Insane Devil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 16:01   #740
BHPian

Dear Devil
can u please elaborate on the Pioneers rear seat (seperate) remote ? pic etc ?
Considering that for me rear seat remote operability is absolute .. should i just replace the stock speakers ..?
grateful !
Old 20th August 2015, 09:43   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Devil
can u please elaborate on the Pioneers rear seat (seperate) remote ? pic etc ?
Considering that for me rear seat remote operability is absolute .. should i just replace the stock speakers ..?
grateful !
Hello Mr. Khanna
The remote is the one that comes with the head unit and can be kept with you in the rear seat and functions just like any Tv Remote to operate your head unit. The elantra or all hyundais for that matter have poor output from OE head units and simply replacing the stock speakers will not suffice.I did try a lot of options before settling for what i have now and it was split into stages where i first changed speakers then got an amp which did not work out due to poor output from oe set. hence had to go for DSP and head unit.
Old 22nd August 2015, 17:33   #742
BHPian

Guys the dealer told me that the new batch of Elantra are coming with 7" display.
I recently bought the facelift automatic with 4" display.

Can somebody confirm this? In that case I would rather mount a OEM system with Nav than go for after market.
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:58   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharth_menon View Post
Guys the dealer told me that the new batch of Elantra are coming with 7" display.
Siddharth, do you have any further update on this point? Did you confirm with anyone else? I will most certainly be interested in getting a OEM kit installed if it is the case. One concern remains - if they made sure rear arm rest controls stay relevant.
Old 22nd September 2015, 13:07   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
Siddharth, do you have any further update on this point? Did you confirm with anyone else? I will most certainly be interested in getting a OEM kit installed if it is the case. One concern remains - if they made sure rear arm rest controls stay relevant.
Hi Bhaskar,

The new 7" audio will not fit pre-facelift Elantra.
Unless you are able to source a adjusting panel, which i dont think is available as of now.
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:47   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhaskar,

The new 7" audio will not fit pre-facelift Elantra.
Unless you are able to source a adjusting panel, which i dont think is available as of now.
Hi Insane Devil - I have the 2015 facelift Elantra, do you know if the 7" OEM unit is available at the Hyderabad dealers and its price? Many thanks.
Old 27th September 2015, 17:54   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
Hi Insane Devil - I have the 2015 facelift Elantra, do you know if the 7" OEM unit is available at the Hyderabad dealers and its price? Many thanks.
Hey buddy,

Sorry i have no idea about that. You could just check with your local dealer over phone if they have started giving the 7" nav system.

Once they have started, you can get its price from the workshop.
Old 28th September 2015, 12:01   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Hey buddy,

Once they have started, you can get its price from the workshop.
It is definitely not available in Chennai. I checked with the SA who sold the Elantra to me. If aint in Chennai, wonder if the news of the 7" ICE is credible.
Old 4th October 2015, 09:11   #748
BHPian

Even in bangalore whn I checked with the dealer there was no 7" unit . Only after market stuff available if you want a bigger screen. But default is still the smaller one.
Old 4th November 2015, 21:32   #749
BHPian

Any update on the 7" head unit for Elantra? There was a lot of fizz as soon as someone mentioned it. The discussion also fizzled out as rapidly as it evolved.
Old 8th March 2016, 09:32   #750
BHPian

hi friends not much happening on the elantra thread, hence an update , Got new eyes for my elantra along with audi style tail lamps and gifted the car with a Race Dynamics dieseltronic tuning box . Trust me this is an awesome modification and changes the character of the car completely. The light modifications have uplifted the image of the car to bolder and hotter than before and the heart now beats like a youngster after the RD box. Thoroughly thrilled by the results .
Attached Thumbnails
Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra-img_18771.jpg  

Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra-img_18781.jpg  

Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra-img_22621.jpg  

Deepu Sharma is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks