Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2012, 10:37   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: White Skoda Laura vRS - An Owner's Take

Sad to hear that not much has changed at Skoda after-sales (touchwood it has been a while since I had to visit those unreasonable guys). But good to see that some good sence prevailed somewhere and they actually fixed what's supposed to be fixed instead of forcing a replacement. I strongly feel if the customer himself cares about his money, the service guys generally back off and fall in line. Sadly Skoda is not used to such customers. They have been spoiled by big guys with fancy number plates who "send" their cars for service and don't care about the bill amount....

BTW, dogs can be quite unpredictable. I have realised that they are genuinely dumb when crossing the roads.

Cheers!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 17th December 2012 at 10:39.
Old 17th December 2012, 11:05   #47
BHPian

Sad state of affairs at Skoda. But good atleast one of them is taking an initiative to be better. Such A*S*S would surely benefit with customers spreading the good word around.

Glad to know the bumper was all fixed in a jiffy. If only Skoda built all their A*S*S as they build their cars.
Old 17th December 2012, 12:17   #48
BHPian

The Fog lamps were removed, the DRL was pulled back in place - carefully - A quick inspection done on whether it would hold up. Fog lamps back in place, the cover back in place.

The contrast is truly spectacular. I rate TAFE as one of the worst ever and Vinayak cars among the best i've dealt with. Both within the same city of Bangalore.

I am pursuing the after sales issue with the GM of TAFE, stay tuned.

Last edited by azeemhafiz : 17th December 2012 at 12:20.
azeemhafiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 12:35   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
The contrast is truly spectacular. I rate TAFE as one of the worst ever and Vinayak cars among the best i've dealt with. Both within the same city of Bangalore.

I am pursuing the after sales issue with the GM of TAFE, stay tuned.
Oh it is sad to know that Skoda's infamous after-sales has reared its ugly head again. Nonetheless as I keep saying, credit where it is due. Vinayak seems to be tackling this issue head on and that is heartening. These guys are an object of bashing all the time, so a good job must be appreciated.

Keep us posted of the developments at TAFE. And wish you a happy 'back-to-mile-crunching' with the vRS.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 17th December 2012 at 12:41.
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2012, 19:51   #50
BHPian

Congratulations Azeemhafiz on you choice. The smiles will keep on getting bigger as those numbers on the odo increase. Rule the roads mate.
ketla2411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 17:19   #51
BHPian

I so wish we could have a all india VRS drive.. (I know its against TBHP policies) but still .. :-)
Old 21st March 2013, 05:27   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
I so wish we could have a all india VRS drive.. (I know its against TBHP policies) but still .. :-)
Me thinks we should

Quick update -

I was out of country for about a month and I did miss the car a lot. Before I left I went into TAFE to get a car cover, I got one (Average quality) for about 2k.

The car has done 13.5k kms and I followed up with them on my previous experience that I had with Service Advisor. They assured that this would not happen again and have specifically asked me to drop the car at St Marks road showroom and they would take it in and ensure that service is done 'Above & Beyond' my satisfaction. We did spend some time discussing this issue.

Fingers crossed as me thinks I should cover the next 1k kms rather quickly. I am eagerly (and anxious at the same time) looking forward to the 'First Service'

Stay tuned.

Onward,

Azeem
Old 21st April 2013, 02:23   #53
BHPian

15k kms & First service update -

So, the car clocked a little over 15k kms in under 8 months (I was out of station for close to a month and that should explain the relatively lower mileage) and I was anxiously looking forward to the first service especially after my ordeal with TAFE.

Ever since my experience with TAFE I have been in touch with my sales rep and GM of TAFE and they'd assured me the best of services the next time. I spend quite a few brain cycles of mine contemplating if I'd risk it or just go to Vinayaka. After strong persuasion from this duo, I decided that i'd stick with TAFE for the first service at least. So called them up on Wednesday last week when the car had clocked 14k kms and tried to book a slot for the previous weekend, no slots were available and landed up booking one on 19/4 Friday.

Hectic work schedule and the deep desire for a long drive meant that I would cover in excess of 1k kms in one week and the car had clocked more than 15k kms when I turned her in for service.

Overall the experience was brilliant, I was greeted and constantly updated by 3 folks from TAFE from the time the car was turned in (Friday) till the time I received it back on Saturday. The car was nicely washed, interiors where well cleaned (including engine bay) and all the regular 1st service activities were done. Happy with TAFE this time and the experience was more than satisfactory at St. Marks road.

Oh, and my wisest investment in 2012? Schedule maintenance package that I bought after a week of buying the car for about 10k. This meant this services (labor and consumables included) was FREE of cost and TAFE was kind enough to throw in wheel alignment as complimentary. I had to pay 0, zero, nothing while collecting the car.

Walking in to the service center collecting a car from service (After having covered 15k kms) without having to reach for the wallet was a very very pleasant experience.

This car still makes me happy and considering I spent a lot more on my swift when it had reached similar milestone makes me a lot lot more happier!!

Back to crunching those miles.

Onward!

Azeem
azeemhafiz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 13:20   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oh, and my wisest investment in 2012? Schedule maintenance package that I bought after a week of buying the car for about 10k. This meant this services (labor and consumables included) was FREE of cost and TAFE was kind enough to throw in wheel alignment as complimentary. I had to pay 0, zero, nothing while collecting the car.
What all's included in this maintenance package that you bought? For first service labour is free anyway. The consumables and filters would have costed you about 8.5K.
Old 22nd April 2013, 01:19   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
What all's included in this maintenance package that you bought? For first service labour is free anyway. The consumables and filters would have costed you about 8.5K.
All labor costs are covered for 3 years / 45k kms Here is a detailed list of whats included in the maintenance package:

1st Service (15k kms or 1 year):
  • Engine Oil
  • Fuel Filter
  • Air Filter
  • Oil Filter
  • Pollen Filter
  • Windshield Washer
2nd Service (30k kms or 2 years): items on 1st service liust + Spark Plug & Brake Fluid

3rd Service (45k kms or 3 years): Identical to the list on 1st service

Hope this helps, I can post a scan copy of the package details if that helps.

Best,

Azeem
Old 22nd April 2013, 09:10   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All labor costs are covered for 3 years / 45k kms Here is a detailed list of whats included in the maintenance package:
That's one heck of a deal Azeem! My First 'free' service cast my about 8.5K, second (paid) service about 10K, the third one will probably be around the same figure. So that's something worth 30K that you have got for 10K.

This maintenance package is a Skoda deal or a TAFE deal? If its a Skoda package, I assume you are free to select any Skoda A.S.S, not just TAFE.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 09:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

10K for 3 years maintenance is indeed incredible!! I was not offered any such kind of deal at our dealership here in Meerut. More details would be welcome.
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:13   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
That's one heck of a deal Azeem!

This maintenance package is a Skoda deal or a TAFE deal? If its a Skoda package, I assume you are free to select any Skoda A.S.S, not just TAFE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
10K for 3 years maintenance is indeed incredible!! I was not offered any such kind of deal at our dealership here in Meerut. More details would be welcome.
The package (which is on a signed TAFE letter head, single sheet) calls out that this is valid at any Skoda dealership through out India.

I remember Praveen from TAFE giving me a call within two days of delivery of my car and talking to me about this, I jumped at the chance and bought it because I was confident that this would pay off. I am not sure If this can be bought at a later stage, I'll give him a call and find out for the benefit of our community (He is out of office this week, so I'll do this early next week).

Hope this helps, dkaile - please let me know if you have any more questions on this package; else I can just attach a scan copy of this package if that helps.

Thanks,

Azeem
Old 1st May 2013, 19:58   #59
BHPian

Get a Remap with the milltek turbo back exhaust.. you wont regret it :-)
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 20:10   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Get a Remap with the milltek turbo back exhaust.. you wont regret it :-)
I can't express how tempted I am, every time I see Robi's car (which is quite frequent), the temptation just grows. The only thing that keeps me away is honestly the impact on Warranty, but you have set an example to do it well within warranty :-)

May be I should take that drive to Cochin or visit Shibin at Head over wheels. Its only a matter of time :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks