Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2012, 13:02   #61
BHPian

Re: My Shadowfax - 2012 Honda Jazz Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
There's a magnum Honda service centre(not showroom) in Yeshwantpur which is nearby. but well my office is in Koramangala so cant give it for servicing there because collecting the car post service is difficult compared to Kanakpura!
Where in Kormangla? You mean EGL or what? I work at EGL too.

Regards
Ekz
Old 7th September 2012, 15:16   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzper View Post
Where in Kormangla? You mean EGL or what? I work at EGL too.

Regards
Ekz
Nope Koramangala as in Koramangala 1st Block...EGL doesn't come under Koramangala unless you are a builder trying to sell a property in Inner ring road
Old 12th September 2012, 17:46   #63
BHPian

Hello, I need a little help here by any good Photoshop expert. I am trying to modify the exterior look of my jazz by wrapping up the hood with Carbon fibre vinyl and also looking for projector Headlamps. So what i want is somebody to photoshop the below picture of my Jazz to look somewhat like the second one below.

My Jazz

My Shadowfax - 2012 Honda Jazz Ownership Review-08_dsc01697-custom.jpg

Want it to make it look like this one:

My Shadowfax - 2012 Honda Jazz Ownership Review-84266342774126476572.jpg
Photo Courtesy www.ilovebrio.com. Could only get one picture in this angle.

PS: I wanted to know what does people mean when they say Carbon Fibre Vinyl, Is it actually Carbon fibre with glue in the bottom or is it just the Vinyl sticker which is made to look like Carbon fibre?

Also, Is it possible to get the Projectors and Angel eyes of the size that are shown in the 2nd picture? I have seen some vehicles with the projectors but i feel that they are not as big as the one shown here.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks
Ekz
Old 14th September 2012, 15:19   #64
BHPian

Quick update of Mileage, Last fill of 2000rs shell normal petrol gave me a total of 290KMs trip. That is for 25 litres with mileage of 11.6KMPL. Bit disappointing but this time all the driving was in city and lot of times in B2B traffic (Bangalore's getting full like Hell!). However the Onboard mileage indicator shows a mileage of 12.9! So much of difference!

BTW my request for Photoshopped Shadowfax as in previous post still holds, Please help.

Thanks
Ekz
Old 17th September 2012, 14:36   #65
BHPian

Made a quick weekend getaway to Shivagange near Tumkur. Took the route Bannerghatta road entry to Nice road to NH4 and SH3 and return through same route. A total journey of 180KMs and i should say man the drive was awesome! The on-board mileage indicator shows 19KMPL (Impressive) but i assume the actual mileage achieved is 18KMPL (Still Impressive!!).

BTW the request for the Photoshopped Shadowfax and details on Carbon fibre and Halo rings is pending still (See post #63). Please somebody help.

Thanks
Ekz
Old 17th September 2012, 17:03   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Quick update of Mileage, Last fill of 2000rs shell normal petrol gave me a total of 290KMs trip. That is for 25 litres with mileage of 11.6KMPL. Bit disappointing but this time all the driving was in city and lot of times in B2B traffic (Bangalore's getting full like Hell!). However the Onboard mileage indicator shows a mileage of 12.9! So much of difference!

BTW my request for Photoshopped Shadowfax as in previous post still holds, Please help.

Thanks
Ekz
Well the difference of 1kmpl is quite common in cars i guess. I have got worse mileages of around 10.6kmpl when driven in city with 4 ppl on board always with good amount of luggage and AC on 100pc of the time. Either its expected mileage or the IOC pump where i fuelled the car cheated on fuel. With Shell(which i usually do) i always get around 12 in Bangalore city traffic with 2 persons in heavy traffic/driving in bad roads on 2nd gear.

Quote:
Made a quick weekend getaway to Shivagange near Tumkur. Took the route Bannerghatta road entry to Nice road to NH4 and SH3 and return through same route. A total journey of 180KMs and i should say man the drive was awesome! The on-board mileage indicator shows 19KMPL (Impressive) but i assume the actual mileage achieved is 18KMPL (Still Impressive!!).

BTW the request for the Photoshopped Shadowfax and details on Carbon fibre and Halo rings is pending still (See post #63). Please somebody help.

Thanks
Ekz
Yep 18kmpl is impressive. I got a mileage of 19.5(before 2nd service) in Mysore-Madikeri stretch although the gains were wiped off in the Mysore-Bangalore stretch due to heavy slow moving traffic and heavy rain, where it gave around 13

and ya finally got the x-kit. Must say it does look better than the normal grill which is there on the Jazz(Your first pic is the one with X-kit while the second vinyl one is without the kit). Took 20mins for them to fit it.
Old 20th September 2012, 12:17   #67
BHPian

@Jazzper,

You can visit the below mentioned link for pictures for Carbon Fiber Film use.Visit Gallery section for more pictures. The film has self glue at one end.

Removing it may disturb the existing paint.

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/
Old 20th September 2012, 19:14   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vyenky View Post
@Jazzper,

You can visit the below mentioned link for pictures for Carbon Fiber Film use.Visit Gallery section for more pictures. The film has self glue at one end.

Removing it may disturb the existing paint.

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/
Hi Vyenky,
I have checked this site, and from this is when i got tempted to do the same with my car. Also queried for prices and what they charge for 3M DINOC vinyl is simply sky rocketing(in terms of dollars) and also add shipping charges to it! So wanted to see if anybody can do the same here in bangalore. By 'same' means same kind of vinyl quality and same kind of work.

Thanks
Ekz
Old 20th September 2012, 22:03   #69
BHPian

you can check with 3M, they also do the same.
Old 21st September 2012, 16:20   #70
BHPian

Its been one month since i started this thread and 21 thousand views! Good to see that people have really started to consider Jazz as an option. My suggestion to anybody is just go and buy it, simply a wonderful car, small disturbing things can always be ignored.

Regards
Ekz
Old 21st September 2012, 19:46   #71
BHPian

Jazzper,

check 3MCarCareIndia page on FB. They do Carbon Fiber film wrapping. Photos are also available.

Last edited by _Vyenky : 21st September 2012 at 19:47.
Old 22nd September 2012, 11:56   #72
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Ekz
Why do you wish to do this??
Old 23rd September 2012, 10:50   #73
BHPian

Yesterday was quite eventful. A guy parked his swift on a slope and forgot to put the handbrake. It rolled down the slope and banged on my car! Spent the entire day evaluating damages from the workshop folks. The guy eventually agreed to pay damages to my car which was mainly a repainting job.

Damages on my Jazz and his swift as below. Must say tbhp got it spot on in their review about the build quality of the Jazz. A small dent with scratches compared to Swift.

and ya a preview of the x-kit on my car there as well
Attached Thumbnails
My Shadowfax - 2012 Honda Jazz Ownership Review-car1.jpg  

My Shadowfax - 2012 Honda Jazz Ownership Review-damage2.jpg  

My Shadowfax - 2012 Honda Jazz Ownership Review-damage1.jpg  

My Shadowfax - 2012 Honda Jazz Ownership Review-mycar1.jpg  

shadows123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2012, 22:04   #74
BHPian

Sad to see your red beauty scratched. Even I got a scratch, though minor, on my red Jazz for no fault of mine. Do let me know how the paint job goes
Old 24th September 2012, 14:18   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Vyenky View Post
you can check with 3M, they also do the same.
Checked with 3M JP Nagar, They had this vinyl but it was somewhat different than what i wanted, It was little glossy and i asked them to get the matt finish one. I dont know i am not getting the kind of vinyl (in terms of quality) i am looking for, if this continues i may drop the thought of doing this vinyl wrapping only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Yesterday was quite eventful. A guy parked his swift on a slope and forgot to put the handbrake. It rolled down the slope and banged on my car! Spent the entire day evaluating damages from the workshop folks. The guy eventually agreed to pay damages to my car which was mainly a repainting job.
That is dredful! Good thing is atleast you persuaded that guy to pay the paint charges. Today my Shadowfax also had an injury! This insanely crazy bajaj scooterist scratched through the front bumber of my car! Result, A little patch where paint has got removed!

Now time for my try with the spray paint stuff! Will probably do next weekend.

Regards
Ekz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks