Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2012, 14:22   #76
BHPian

Re: My Shadowfax - 2012 Honda Jazz Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzper View Post
Checked with 3M JP Nagar, They had this vinyl but it was somewhat different than what i wanted, It was little glossy and i asked them to get the matt finish one. I dont know i am not getting the kind of vinyl (in terms of quality) i am looking for, if this continues i may drop the thought of doing this vinyl wrapping only!

That is dredful! Good thing is atleast you persuaded that guy to pay the paint charges. Today my Shadowfax also had an injury! This insanely crazy bajaj scooterist scratched through the front bumber of my car! Result, A little patch where paint has got removed!

Now time for my try with the spray paint stuff! Will probably do next weekend.

Regards
Ekz
well it happens with crazy bangalore traffic and the sheer volume of it ..that's why i am thinking its good to have a car in black..that way these wouldnt have bothered me that much than it doesn now since i cant notice it that much either
Old 26th September 2012, 19:48   #77
BHPian

Had forgot to mention, Last sunday went out looking for Carbon Fibre Vinyl and checked in 3 or 4 shops including 3M JP Nagar, Somehow i did not like the quality of the Vinyl in any of the shops looked very cheap to me. (3M one was ok but was little Glossy and i dint like it either).
Finally went to 3M HSR Layout, thinking that will get waxing done for car, but eventually ended up getting Paint Sealant service done.
Cost:
Paint Sealant = 2999 + tax
Meguire Car wash shampoo = Around 480 + tax
Total Cost : 3850.00 Rs!!
Well dont regret the price but only hope the shine and paint sealant properties last for atleast 6months - 1year like they claim.

Couple of snaps:
My Shadowfax - 2012 Honda Jazz Ownership Review-20120923373.jpg

My Shadowfax - 2012 Honda Jazz Ownership Review-20120923374.jpg
Old 27th September 2012, 10:06   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Had forgot to mention, Last sunday went out looking for Carbon Fibre Vinyl and checked in 3 or 4 shops including 3M JP Nagar, Somehow i did not like the quality of the Vinyl in any of the shops looked very cheap to me. (3M one was ok but was little Glossy and i dint like it either).
Finally went to 3M HSR Layout, thinking that will get waxing done for car, but eventually ended up getting Paint Sealant service done.
Cost:
Paint Sealant = 2999 + tax
Meguire Car wash shampoo = Around 480 + tax
Total Cost : 3850.00 Rs!!
Well dont regret the price but only hope the shine and paint sealant properties last for atleast 6months - 1year like they claim.

Couple of snaps:
Attachment 992026

Attachment 992027
I see you've got the x-kit installed finally despite wanting to sell it..

My car updates. well finally gave it @ Magnum for the paint/dent removal. They cost 3000 for the paint , 450 for the dent and 400Rs tax!! all comes to 3900 !! They also did a full body wash and interior cleaning when giving the car back!!! I will post pics soon of the yet again new looking car.
Old 28th September 2012, 15:26   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
I see you've got the x-kit installed finally despite wanting to sell it..
If you have noticed closely, i had it installed way back! You can see the X-Kit in the pictures in 3rd page itself!

Regards
Ekz
Old 11th October 2012, 13:15   #80

You mentioned somewhere in your initial report re. the remote boot opener. I didn't find one in my new Jazz. Is it a hidden feature? As I know the Jazz boot is open and close along with the central locking itself. Please correct me.
Old 11th October 2012, 19:47   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knarang View Post
the remote boot opener.
I meant that you can come out of the car and open the boot without having to worry about finding a lever under your seat and all that. I dint say remote book lock!!

Regards
Ekz
Old 11th October 2012, 21:17   #82

@ekz: Thanks! Was just wondering if I missed something there!! Lol!
Old 15th October 2012, 23:39   #83
BHPian

Is this something a Jazz-scratch month !. I got mine hurt last weekend. Thanks to some senseless person coming on wrong direction in a mall ramp & i end up scraping in the side wall.... Check the damange :(

Went to Privelege Motto Mall in Nandanam (Chennai). He quoted 9k, saying it is both the door & the back panel to be repainted.

Is it a fair assessment ?.

Not sure with insurance (i got ARVAL), it is of any help. I may end up paying 50%, and loosing some portion in NCB and an increased premium, next year - right ?.

Suggestions, please.
Attached Thumbnails
My Shadowfax - 2012 Honda Jazz Ownership Review-jazz-scratches-backdoor.jpg  

Old 16th October 2012, 12:11   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
Is this something a Jazz-scratch month !. I got mine hurt last weekend. Thanks to some senseless person coming on wrong direction in a mall ramp & i end up scraping in the side wall.... Check the damange :(

Went to Privelege Motto Mall in Nandanam (Chennai). He quoted 9k, saying it is both the door & the back panel to be repainted.

Is it a fair assessment ?.

Not sure with insurance (i got ARVAL), it is of any help. I may end up paying 50%, and loosing some portion in NCB and an increased premium, next year - right ?.

Suggestions, please.
Well thats bad to see!!! But as the scratches are spread across both door and side panel maybe repaint on both is required and it doesnt look like a dent so just a repaint.

But seeing as your scratch isnt that deep(and if you're still in free service period), there's a free paint topup in 2nd service so if you haven't availed it ask the service person about it!! Alternative would be to use some cheap after market scratch remover rather than wasting 9K on a small scratch !

Last edited by shadows123 : 16th October 2012 at 12:12.
shadows123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 12:51   #85
BHPian

Hi Jazzper,

I have some questions for you.

1. For LED parking lights, does that not void the warranty? What was the cost of the LED parking bulb?

2. For the In-mirror convex mirrors please share a photo of the same. Also do they really help practically?

3. Hybrid bulb with white light for boot must be giving good results? Please post a picture of the same it being in on position? What was the cost of that?

4. Have you done the tyre upgrades as it is mentioned on your set as 195/60 R15 whereas I remember while visiting the showroom the tyre size I saw was 175/60 R15.

Hope you wont mind that? Also just wanted to know that if you have observed there is a rubber strip running throughout beneath the front bumper. I think it is for dust or mud protection. But I was unable to understand how that will work practically or curb the mud from sticking to the bumper.
P.S: Just an update from my side, I will be taking delivery of my white beauty Jazz XMT this weekend. Will post the details in my thread.

Last edited by db0009 : 17th October 2012 at 12:54.
Old 23rd October 2012, 14:25   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
Yup Last month was definitely Jazz Scratch Month! Mine had got 2 scratches on the front bumper in one month, increasing the total to overall 3 on the front bumper itself!
9k seems quite ok for me, by looking at the damage that has happened to the rear panel. It is dented to some extent, but i think there are only scratches on the door. So in order to remove dents, then primer, paint and clear coat all would cost 9k i guess. However i dont know about claiming insurance or not, because i do not have any experience doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by db0009 View Post
1. For LED parking lights, does that not void the warranty? What was the cost of the LED parking bulb?

2. For the In-mirror convex mirrors please share a photo of the same. Also do they really help practically?

3. Hybrid bulb with white light for boot must be giving good results? Please post a picture of the same it being in on position? What was the cost of that?

4. Have you done the tyre upgrades as it is mentioned on your set as 195/60 R15 whereas I remember while visiting the showroom the tyre size I saw was 175/60 R15.

Hope you wont mind that? Also just wanted to know that if you have observed there is a rubber strip running throughout beneath the front bumper. I think it is for dust or mud protection. But I was unable to understand how that will work practically or curb the mud from sticking to the bumper.
P.S: Just an update from my side, I will be taking delivery of my white beauty Jazz XMT this weekend. Will post the details in my thread.
Advance congrats for your well thought buy.
1. If i take my car to claim any warranty and have led lamps during that time, I am sure it might cause problems. Simple solution, retain the original lamps and if at all you have the need to claim warranty then replace them. Cost arount 300 for a pair.
2. Convex mirrors, i should have posted images but not sure. If not i will post some later. BTW they do help a lot, usually while reverse you cannot see the lower half of the rear of the car in the normal ORVMs but having these tiny mirrors they give a better picture. Cost around 400 for good ones, adjustable!!
3. Hybrid white light is better than the stock one. Cost again around 300 bucks for one light.
4. Yes i have upgraded to 195/60/R15 Michelin Primacy LCs.

The thingy under the front bumper, its kinda soft plastic. Not sure what the exact use of it!

Regards
Ekz

Last edited by Jazzper : 23rd October 2012 at 14:29.
Jazzper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 16:15   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db0009 View Post
Below attached are couple of pics of Hybrid bulb in action. Not too much of light, but better than the stock one.
Attached Thumbnails
My Shadowfax - 2012 Honda Jazz Ownership Review-20121029395.jpg  

My Shadowfax - 2012 Honda Jazz Ownership Review-20121029396.jpg  

Jazzper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 21:53   #88
BHPian

Quote:
4. Yes i have upgraded to 195/60/R15 Michelin Primacy LCs.
Hi,

Have you noticed any decrease in your mileage after the upgrade ? Also, how much did the upgrade cost ?
Old 1st November 2012, 15:25   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Hi,

Have you noticed any decrease in your mileage after the upgrade ? Also, how much did the upgrade cost ?
No, there is an increase in the mileage actually. I dont know about the mileage with stock 175 GoodYear Tyres, but when i had 195 MRF ZLO tyres i used to get aroung 12KMPL after upgrade to Michelin Primacy LCs I am getting a constant Mileage of around 13 in city and around 18 on Highway.
Primacy LC each tyre cost around 5700 if i remember correctly and my stock Goodyear tyres were taken for 2200 Rs. So do the math.

PS: About MRF ZLO mentioned in between, its a long story. Read my First post.

Regards
Ekz
Old 2nd November 2012, 18:42   #90
BHPian

Quote:
No, there is an increase in the mileage actually. I dont know about the mileage with stock 175 GoodYear Tyres, but when i had 195 MRF ZLO tyres i used to get aroung 12KMPL after upgrade to Michelin Primacy LCs I am getting a constant Mileage of around 13 in city and around 18 on Highway.
Primacy LC each tyre cost around 5700 if i remember correctly and my stock Goodyear tyres were taken for 2200 Rs. So do the math.

PS: About MRF ZLO mentioned in between, its a long story. Read my First post.

Regards
Ekz

Thankyou for the response. Concluding from other reviewers of the Jazz, they seem to be getting an average of 14.5 in the cities driving on the stock tyres. So I guess there isn't much of a difference and may have to do with driving patterns.

Most Viewed