Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2012, 11:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Shadowfax - 2012 Honda Jazz Ownership Review

Why have they not painted the front grill of your X kit? They are supposed to paint the front grill and spoiler with matching body colour. I can't makeout if they have painted the spoiler or not. Believe me, that front painted grill changes the look of the Jazz for the better.
Old 1st September 2012, 19:03   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Why have they not painted the front grill of your X kit? They are supposed to paint the front grill and spoiler with matching body colour. I can't makeout if they have painted the spoiler or not. Believe me, that front painted grill changes the look of the Jazz for the better.
They did not paint it because i insisted that it be not painted, i have seen couple of jazzes with the front grill lip painted with white and honestly i dont like it, just my opinion.

Thanks
Ekz
Old 3rd September 2012, 01:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase!! Its a gem of a car and one which , while i dont own it , i really do like! it was on my list along with the Fabia when i was picking up a new one last year but it was not to be , the Jazz went through a price reduction (the new trim levels were launched ) and it resulted in delivery timelines of 4-5 months - too long for my liking.
Old 3rd September 2012, 14:09   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
it resulted in delivery timelines of 4-5 months - too long for my liking.
Yes, during the period of Sept-11 and April-12 the waiting period extended as long as 6 months. Even i was told that the delivery would take atleast 3months and i was ready to wait but luckily got it in just 1 month.

Thanks
Ekz
Old 3rd September 2012, 18:39   #50
BHPian

My 2nd service is due this wednesday @ Magnum Honda, kanakpura road!!! Lets c what they have in store for me.. As of now, no Engine Coat !!
Old 3rd September 2012, 20:38   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
My 2nd service is due this wednesday @ Magnum Honda, kanakpura road!!! Lets c what they have in store for me.. As of now, no Engine Coat !!
Good, getting service done on a weekday is better, i think so now. And no need to get engine motor care done. Mine i felt it got completely drenched in rain water and there was lot of dirt so wanted to get it cleaned but not a great work. Even if you need you can always get this done from 3M, there ppl do a much better job than these guys at A.S.S.

Regards
Ekz
Old 6th September 2012, 10:25   #52
BHPian

My 2nd service was yesterday. Attended by Vinay. Just the engine oil change was done. Cost was 1154Rs!! The car looked fine after the service no niggles or anything and the car was a little better(teeny tiny) to drive. The A/c in the customer lounge @ Magnum Honda also was working which is a welcome change!! Guess the good times are back there, last time i gave for free service there was no a/c and the lounge had the looks of a dusky room!!!

Apparently they give a free paint top up during 2nd service but since he had no paint of Ralleye Red he didnt do it. So he promised to do it in 3rd service or anytime in between if i drop by. So my scratches(posted in Jazz review thread) has a free solution now
Old 6th September 2012, 16:01   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Apparently they give a free paint top up during 2nd service but since he had no paint of Ralleye Red he didnt do it. So he promised to do it in 3rd service or anytime in between if i drop by. So my scratches(posted in Jazz review thread) has a free solution now
What do you mean by paint top up? Entire body painting again? Please let me know the details of this.

Thanks
Ekalavya
Old 6th September 2012, 16:49   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzper View Post
What do you mean by paint top up? Entire body painting again? Please let me know the details of this.

Thanks
Ekalavya
Well he said he will give a top up paint on scratches available on the car for free. Not sure if he meant he will repaint the bumper in my case since one or two of the scratches are deep due to the unfortunate gate incident where the gate swayed in the wind while reversing the car!
Old 6th September 2012, 17:54   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Well he said he will give a top up paint on scratches available on the car for free. Not sure if he meant he will repaint the bumper in my case since one or two of the scratches are deep due to the unfortunate gate incident where the gate swayed in the wind while reversing the car!
Thats very unfortunate, hopefully they paint entire bumper or else it might look odd if they paint a particular surface. I had scratched my car bumper (Front left side, you can see it in one of the pictures i have posted) just a bit and guess what it was on day 2! Well that was because i did not have full feel of how broad the car is and i feel that jazz is a bit broader than verna was!
Other than that no other scratches or dents on my car what so ever, but one thing is for sure, I dont know for how long i can save the right hand sider ORVM every now and then some stupid biker comes around and bangs into it and far gone by the time i can show my complete rage!

Thanks
Ekz
Old 6th September 2012, 18:12   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Thats very unfortunate, hopefully they paint entire bumper or else it might look odd if they paint a particular surface. I had scratched my car bumper (Front left side, you can see it in one of the pictures i have posted) just a bit and guess what it was on day 2! Well that was because i did not have full feel of how broad the car is and i feel that jazz is a bit broader than verna was!
Other than that no other scratches or dents on my car what so ever, but one thing is for sure, I dont know for how long i can save the right hand sider ORVM every now and then some stupid biker comes around and bangs into it and far gone by the time i can show my complete rage!

Thanks
Ekz
Well the driver side OVRM already has a scratch mark on mine due to some biker banging into the OVRM trying to beat a signal which was already RED some time before i had made a halt(and he came behind ).

and ya i have no idea what he actually meant by top up so hopefully he repaints the bumper and removes the deep scratches for free
Old 6th September 2012, 18:26   #57
BHPian

Quote:
ya i have no idea what he actually meant by top up so hopefully he repaints the bumper and removes the deep scratches for free
I'd Love to meet up with you, see how the other car is doing, share some thoughts. What say? You free around this weekend? If interested please PM me as i cant PM to members yet.

Thanks
Ekz
Old 7th September 2012, 10:07   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I'd Love to meet up with you, see how the other car is doing, share some thoughts. What say? You free around this weekend? If interested please PM me as i cant PM to members yet.

Thanks
Ekz
Well i tried but it returns the following error "Jazzper has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Anyways i guess we can meet up not a problem. Maybe Sunday coz i wil be @ Residency Road on Sunday morning. Saturday its kinda not possible because i am swamped plus i live in Hebbal!
Old 7th September 2012, 12:24   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Well i tried but it returns the following error "Jazzper has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Anyways i guess we can meet up not a problem. Maybe Sunday coz i wil be @ Residency Road on Sunday morning. Saturday its kinda not possible because i am swamped plus i live in Hebbal!
Not sure why I can't receive or send private messages, may be its because my registration is still not completed! Need to change from Newbie to BHPian I guess.
Anyways why did you have to come all the way from Hebbal to Kanakpura to buy a car?! No other Honda showrooms near by?

Regards
Ekz
Old 7th September 2012, 12:39   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure why I can't receive or send private messages, may be its because my registration is still not completed! Need to change from Newbie to BHPian I guess.
Anyways why did you have to come all the way from Hebbal to Kanakpura to buy a car?! No other Honda showrooms near by?

Regards
Ekz
No I used to stay in Jayanagar before. But my better half got a job in RT Nagar so had to move to Hebbal after i got the car !!

Anyways there's no show room nearby i guess. One in whitefield , One in Kanakpura and one in E-city with servicing at Lavelle road! Dakshin honda i didn't bother looking up since he quoted a big waiting time for the Jazz and well when asked for a test drive he didn't bother and wanted me to book on the basis of looks alone!! Magnum Honda offered me a TD by bringing their TD Jazz(manager Mr Sriram's car) all the way to Koramangala for the TD and gave a good presentation too so was impressed with them and decided to book there only.

There's a magnum Honda service centre(not showroom) in Yeshwantpur which is nearby. but well my office is in Koramangala so cant give it for servicing there because collecting the car post service is difficult compared to Kanakpura!

Last edited by shadows123 : 7th September 2012 at 12:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks