Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2012, 18:09   #16
BHPian

re: Ford Figo 1.2 DuraTec Titanium - Initial Ownership Review

Congratulations!! Great to see you going back to the figo!!
Why wasn't the ritz considered?? It has good power and mileage and there are discounts on the petrol. The figo is not know for its mileage(major negative for most common folks),i guess you knew by then so if one does not consider this a big problem then nothing like it!

I really love this car,even prefer it to my new Honda city(i am going to be bashed for this!) when it comes to pure driving pleasure even though the Honda has a much powerful engine, the handling just doesn't cut it for me.

Wishing you and your passengers million miles of joy and happiness and welcome to the Club!
Drive safe
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 18:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1
Congratulations!! Great to see you going back to the figo!!
Why wasn't the ritz considered?? It has good power and mileage and there are discounts on the petrol. The figo is not know for its mileage(major negative for most common folks),i guess you knew by then so if one does not consider this a big problem then nothing like it!

I really love this car,even prefer it to my new Honda city(i am going to be bashed for this!) when it comes to pure driving pleasure even though the Honda has a much powerful engine, the handling just doesn't cut it for me.

Wishing you and your passengers million miles of joy and happiness and welcome to the Club!
Drive safe
Thanks Rambo!
The reason I didn't consider the Ritz is because I don't like the overall look of the car. Plus the way it handles just didn't appeal to me!
I agree that the average of the Figo is a concern, but my running is less than 150kms per week, hence petrol costs are not a problem!
Personally I feel the Honda City is an excellent sedan and i like it as much as the fiesta - power wise!
Old 26th August 2012, 12:48   #18
BHPian

Congratulations Nishant on acquiring the red beauty. I almost banged my head when I read the price 4.54, then went through the thread and found the corrected price. Ford has proved itself by pulling you again into its fold. By the way did you have a TD of the Brio? the i-VTEC is worth experiencing.
Old 26th August 2012, 14:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PranavDesai
Congratulations Nishant on acquiring the red beauty. I almost banged my head when I read the price 4.54, then went through the thread and found the corrected price. Ford has proved itself by pulling you again into its fold. By the way did you have a TD of the Brio? the i-VTEC is worth experiencing.
Thanks Pranav! Yeah, the on-road price error is a bummer! Will get it rectified soon.
I didn't bother taking a TD of the Brio as it was outside by budget + the all-glass boot is something i don't like!
Old 28th August 2012, 16:42   #20
BHPian

Hello BHPIANS!
Finally I've got my Figo registration done today! Should get the number by Thursday or Friday! Can't wait to take my baby out on a long drive!
Old 28th August 2012, 17:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Did you ask for a VIP no?
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 01:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta
Congrats! Did you ask for a VIP no?
Nope, I'll be getting a normal number. Vip numbers are way too expensive! I enquired about getting the same number as of my old zen, but even that was quoted @ 30k! I rather spend that money on accessories for my car!
Old 30th August 2012, 16:44   #23
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 5th September 2012 at 11:47.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th August 2012, 18:06   #24
BHPian

Hi!

Congratulations for your new possesion. Having already owned a Figo, you have choosen for the same car again in a market full of choices is a tribute to the car-Figo. Why did n't you consider Brio? It would have given you more power, more FE & the reliability of Honda. Any reasons for not considering Brio ?
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 18:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan
Hi!

Congratulations for your new possesion. Having already owned a Figo, you have choosen for the same car again in a market full of choices is a tribute to the car-Figo. Why did n't you consider Brio? It would have given you more power, more FE & the reliability of Honda. Any reasons for not considering Brio ?
Thanks mate!
The reasons I didn't go for the Brio:
1. Cost-to-features ratio
2. Small boot
3. Rear seating space
Old 15th September 2012, 22:53   #26
BHPian

Hello BHPIANS! I'm back with a fresh review for my Figo Titanium, now that I've just completed 1100kms on it!
So here are the details:
1. 50% of the 1000kms includes highway driving & the rest is city.
2. I've kept the revs below 3k till date (most of the times), so don't have any real-high speed experiences to share!
3. I'm now eagerly awaiting completion of 2.5k kms sk that i can get my first service done.
4. There is some rattling from the driver's side window panel, will get that fixed during 1st service.
5. Highway driving on the Figo is bliss! The car handles beautifully on high speeds and the steering instills confidence to go faster!
6. I've done a max-speed of 145kph once, for a short stretch, just to see how the car handles - and it did it with ease & confidence!
7. Driving in the city is normal, like any other car, nothing extraordinary!
8. I haven't yet got an opportunity to check the FE.
9. The stock music system is superb, bass is deep & sound is clear!
10. The stock headlamps are sad! I'm getting the bulbs replaced with Philips Crystal Visions.
11. Abs really works wonders in emergency situations & when braking hard to avoid sudden potholes on the nh8.

So far the car has ran beautifully, and I'm looking forward to a long trip soon so let's see how it performs!
Signing off!
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2012, 13:33   #27

Good car Nishant. BTW where do you have to go to avail of the free services? Is it to be done in Angel auto, Vasai itself or a Ford A.S.S?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
After using my 2002 Zen Lxi for 7 long years, it was time for a change. Why? Because my Zen was starting to give me a lot of trouble, and I was spending a lot of Vitamin-M on it which really wasn't adding to the overall value of the car!

So after a lot of deliberation with my wife about getting a new car, the finances, future plans, etc. we finally decided it was time!
We initially thought of going for a Diesel, and had almost booked an Indica Vista Quadrajet VX, however, later realized that with the amount of running I have every year, it would take at-least 4 years before I can recover the extra initial cost of a Diesel vehicle!

Among the multiple options available for a petrol hatch in the 4-5.5 lakh range, I had considered the following options:
1. Maruti-Suzuki Swift Vxi
2. Tata Indica Vista Petrol
3. Ford Figo
4. Chervolet Beat LT Petrol
5. Nissan Micra

I had to immediately rule-out the Swift because of the wait time and because my wifey did not like the 'look' of the new swift.
The Beat met a similar fate when we took a TD, wifey found the rear-seating claustrophobic.
Nissan Micra did not offer the features I wanted within my budget.
Indica Vista Petrol turned out to be severely under-powered!

So we were then left with just one option - The Ford Figo!
I was initially reluctant to get a Figo as I already have a Figo Zxi Petrol purchased in Jan 2012 - for my mom, and didn't want two vehicles of the same make!
However, after a lot of RnD on the Ford Figo (thanks to Team-BHP Forums!) and on comparing the price-to-feature ratio of the Figo with other cars in the same price range, I found the Figo to be the best VFM car.

What I like about the Figo:
- Excellent build quality
- Comfortable seating & driving position
- A/c is superb - one of the best I've experienced in a hatch
- Factory-fitted music system is very good offering deep-bass & clear sound
- Huge boot space

What I dislike about the Figo:
- Feels under-powered
- The overall design is kind of outdated
- OEM headlights are inadequate

Considering all of the above factors, we zeroed-in on the Ford Figo Titanium Petrol, and booked the vehicle in the first week of August.
The vehicle cost me 4.54 lakh on-road, including a discount of 27k. I also got 5k worth of accessories for free!
Got the loan applied, approved and sanctioned in the next few days and on the 18th of August I received delivery of my brand-new, shiny Ford Figo Titanium in bright Colorado Red color!
I have to mention that my experience with the dealer - Angel Auto at Vasai was fantastic as the sales guy worked out everything for me - from collecting documents from my house to getting things processed with the bank.

The reason I opted for the Titanium variant is because:
- Safety features: ABS, Airbags
- Alloy wheels
- Rear wash & wipe
- Fog lamps

At this time the Figo has completed approx 150 kms. I know it's not a lot, but I do have enough hands-on experience of the Figo as I have been using my other Figo Zxi since Jan 2012.

Styling-wise I have never been a big fan of Figo because of the traditional styling, unlike the other hatchbacks like Swift, Beat, Polo which are better looking.
I chose to go with the Figo because of the overall build quality, that secure feeling while driving this car and because the interior quality is top-notch!

Space-wise i feel the Figo is among the best-in-class, if not the best! There is plenty of room for the driver, co-passenger and for the rear passengers as well. There is plenty of leg-space for the passengers seated in the rear and the Figo can accommodate 3 medium-sized adults with ease! (Tried & tested in my Figo Zxi)

Air-conditioners have always been a specialty of all Ford cars, and the Figo is no exception! The Ac is an absolute delight, and cools the entire cabin within a few minutes! My office timings are really early in the morning starting anytime between 2 to 6.30AM and in the mornings I actually have to lower the Ac cooling settings to avoid being frozen alive!!

As far as seat comfort is concerned, I find the seat to be nice and comfortable with adequate under-thigh support. The driver-side height adjustment is a handy feature!

I honestly don't have much to talk about the engine performance of the Figo, as I find it completely under-powered and lacking the initial punch. I am 100% confident that my previous car - The 2002 Zen Lxi, had better initial acceleration compared to the Figo!
Having said that, I love the way this car handles when at high speeds - the suspension setup is bang-on, steering response is intuitive and instills confidence in the driver! I travel regularly on the NH-8 and have always maintained a speed-range of 100-120 kph, and the Figo doesn't let me realize i am going that fast! High-speed stability is excellent and braking is powerful & easy to manage because of ABS.
Gear throws are short & smooth and changing gears is effortless!

I haven't really tested the FE on the Figo Titanium, however, am getting FE of 11-12kpl in the city & 15-16kpl on the highway.

Overall I believe that the Ford Figo is a complete VFM package, even if you go with the top-end Titanium version, as no other car provides to with all of the Figo's features in the same price range.
Old 16th September 2012, 17:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohannr
Good car Nishant. BTW where do you have to go to avail of the free services? Is it to be done in Angel auto, Vasai itself or a Ford A.S.S?
The servicing will have to be done from SC Ford @ Goregaon as that's the most feasible one for me!
Old 2nd October 2012, 01:14   #29
BHPian

Hello BHPIANS!
I'm back to share another wonderful experience with my Figo Titanium!

After around a month & half of having owned my Figo, it was time to take it for a proper long drive! So it was all set:
Source: Mumbai
Destination: Pune
Approx distance: 200kms one-way

I've returned from Pune today itself and couldn't resist sharing my experience on. Tbhp, hence am typing away @ 1.15AM! (My wife may kill me if she realizes what I'm upto) lolz!

D-day: Me & my wife started at 5.00AM to avoid traffic. It was a good decision as the entire city drive was a breeze and we reached McDonalds at Panvel around 6.15AM (this usually takes around 2.5hrs in normal traffic). After stopping for breakfast at McDonalds (20mins) we hit the expressway!
Oh boy! Driving on the Mumbai-Pune expressway has never felt so good!
I went flat-out almost the entire stretch, except for the ghat section, maintaining speeds of around 150-160kph throughout!
Handling experience of the Figo: The car handles beautifully on high speeds and not once was me or my wife scared of going that fast as the ride felt extremely stable & balanced!
NVH levels are very good upto approx 100-110kph on concrete roads after which the levels go up, but that's alright as concrete roads are known to generate higher tyre noise!
Need I even mention the excellent a/c of the Figo? Enough has been said & written about it!
One impressive thing that I have to mention is that the steering vibration levels are extremely low even at speeds of 150-160kph!
ABS is a must for high speed driving as it is extremely useful for sudden braking while turning! (worked well for me when I miscalculated a couple of curves on the ghat section and went-in too fast only to have braked hard whilst into the curve, stupid me!)
Apart from the above there is nothing more to share as the drive was the same, 150-160kph throughout the rest of the expressway as a result of which I reached Pune @ 7.30AM and was having breakfast at my hotel @ 8.00AM (second breakfast, i know, driving makes me feel hungry!)

The Return Journey:
My return was almost the same, 150-160kph throughout except for the ghat section, and we reached Mumbai in 2hrs flat (took lesser time as came non-stop).

I haven't yet calculated the exact FE but a rough estimate is at around 12.5kpl, including city & highway driving. I think this is a decent figure as most of my drive was either high-speed or within the city.

Couple of things I took care of:
1. I had the tyre pressure set @ 2psi less than normal to compensate for air-expansion when the tyres heat-up. Got them checked at Pune, while they were still hot & there was negligible expansion, so got the air pressure changed to 1psi below normal.
2. Had carried essentials in case of a breakdown - torch, first-aid kit, some chocolates, water, etc.

Overall I would say that I am extremely happy & satisfied with the Figo & it's performance! I would happily recommend the Figo to anyone who's looking to buy a comfortable & convenient hatch!

Bye for now!
Old 2nd October 2012, 02:01   #30
BHPian

Friend I appreciate your enthusiasm with the Figo's handling. As much as I hate to upset you, I can't help but state the obvious fact that you were taking a very big risk driving at those triple digit speeds, that too on a concrete highway which is very much prone to accidents and tyre bursts.

Before accelerating at such speeds, just think if you'll be able to control the car in case of an emergency situation. The expressway seems to have sudden curves as mentioned by fellow bhp-ians where they have noticed a loss in traction between the wheels and the road. This makes those areas even more prone for accidents.

There is a thread going on in the Street Experiences section where the point of dicussion is "Concrete highways and tyre safety(iirc) " Would suggest you to go through that thread once.

Our highways are highly unpredictable. And even though the figo is a master handler, I'd still suggest you to stick to the speed limits or somewhere close to them. Its not worth risking your life or that of your loved ones just for the sake of adrenaline rush. Just think, how would you react at that speed, should God forbid, any emergency situation arises.

This post is not intended to offend you in anyway.

Getting back to topic, the figo is a proven handler and it comes into its own in the ghats section. I could easily take corners at 60 to 80kmph. The steering feel and feedback is just great. I've always mentioned, the steering + suspension is so precise, that you can tell which wheel is undergoing what situation.

Hope you continue to enjoy the car with each mile you click on it. Drive safe.

Cheers.
Partha.
Parthasarathig is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks