Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2012, 12:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Yes, exactly. XUV uses the security-alarm siren for reverse indication as well. Till recent batches, it needed to be enabled by software upgrade. Is it factory-enabled in your case?
No, its not factory enabled in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
ASC guy adjusted the air to compensate the bumpiness, but later I got the nitrogen filled within a few days and decided to remain it bumpy for sometime rather than wearing tires off at low pressure. Do you think the new suspension may take a while to settle! The bumpiness feels lesser or we just got used to it these days.
Did nitrogen cause any improvement in the ride?

I feel we get used to the bumpiness after a while rather than the new suspension setting in!
Old 6th September 2012, 13:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
No, its not factory enabled in my car.

Did nitrogen cause any improvement in the ride?

I feel we get used to the bumpiness after a while rather than the new suspension setting in!
Same here, I dont have that reverse horn factory enabled. moreover, when I told this to the technicial at ASC on my first visit, he wasnt even aware of that and told me that it doesnt work with W6, I just smiled and kept quiet, decided to speak to RM about getting it done.

Nope, Nitrogen has not any impact on bumpiness, at least thats my understanding, it may not benefit that way, it was just to make sure I run with the optimum pressure longer than air since it is retained accurate and longer.
Old 6th September 2012, 14:30   #33
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Raj congrats on your Xoovy! Looks fab in white and its easily the best colour! Here's wishing you many miles of happy motoring!
NIP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 14:36   #34
BANNED

Quote:
BUT I guess, in the quest of improving handling, they stiffened the suspension so much, that it annoyingly crashes into potholes. Yes, the upside is that it does not bounce around like the Scorpio and lesser body roll.

I guess Innova has a perfect ride and handling setup... but then that's an MUV with lower centre of gravity, so it helps!
Yes, the Innova has a better ride quality than that of the XUV, especially on corrugated/undulating/patched roads.
The XUV suspension is not stiff, the rebound has been tuned and so has the travel, it is just that it is not as balanced as that of the Innova.

Stiff is what the Fortuner suspension is.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 17:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

One thing which is not prominently mentioned in reviews of XUV -

XUV has a HUGE fuel tank capacity of 70 litres! For comparison's sake, Innova has a 55 litres capacity whereas Aria has a 60 litres capacity.

I filled a full tank of fuel in my XUV day before yesterday, drove it in the city for the whole day, yesterday took it for a Mumbai-Pune trip and today again drove it a lot in Mumbai city, yet I have more than 50% fuel in the tank.

Fill it, shut it and forget it in a different meaning!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 6th September 2012 at 17:18.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 17:32   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Fill it, shut it and forget it in a different meaning!
Oh tell me about it! Recently I did a long drive and my friend was worried about the night journey part because we were planning to start at around 10pm and drive through the night and then day till we reached the destination. The reason for his worry was that he figured we may run out of fuel by early morning. And may not find any good bunk worth the salt till at least 6.30 am. He was worried that by then we may be done for. I told him I don't see that happening with the XUV but he was not entirely convinced. So finally told him that if it looks serious we will tank up again at Gooty where we will definitely have the BP bunk, which is pretty well known, open at the time.

He got convinced with that. Finally, when we hit the road we kept driving, the night wore off, we crossed Hosur and were still driving. Finally at Dharmapuri when we stopped for early morning refills (both us and the vehicle) the DTE was still showing another 275 kms left! This is when my friend finally said, "that's some bl**** pool in there. I am impressed". Obviously he never figured this in his equation even with all his past experiences over the years with long driving and of course the regular car fuel tank sizes. XUV is a fit car to take on cross country runs. Or at least the kind of drives we do...

Last edited by Zappo : 6th September 2012 at 17:35.
Old 6th September 2012, 18:50   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Finally at Dharmapuri when we stopped for early morning refills (both us and the vehicle) the DTE was still showing another 275 kms left! This is when my friend finally said, "that's some bl**** pool in there. I am impressed".
Slightly OT: What speeds do you follow on the highway and what is the FE you extract? How much has your XUV clocked till date?
Old 6th September 2012, 18:57   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Slightly OT: What speeds do you follow on the highway and what is the FE you extract? How much has your XUV clocked till date?
With XUV this was the first real long drive we did (not the 200-300 kms things that we otherwise do). We had different speeds at different times. But in general I guess we were trying to hold steady speeds that night for the most part of it.

The overall trip yielded me around 13.9 to 14 kmpl. My XUV now stands at 6300+ kms. Its 4 months old now.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th September 2012 at 07:39. Reason: Edited post as per report.
Zappo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 19:05   #39
BANNED

Quote:
But in general I guess we were trying to hold steady speeds that night for the most part of it.

The overall trip yielded me around 13.9 to 14 kmpl. My XUV now stands at 6300+ kms. Its 4 months old now.
That is phenomenal FE at those speeds Zappo , continue enjoying miles of it.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th September 2012 at 07:40. Reason: Edited the quoted post.
Old 7th September 2012, 01:34   #40
BHPian

Congrats Raj. Happy to see you again in Mahindra SUV family. I am sure that your Xoovy loves to be with you . Will be waiting to read more and more from you.

Wish you a happy UK trip.
vsun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 01:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hi Raj,

Many Congratulations for the addition of Xoovy into your family! The car looks awesome in Satin White and yet another addition of Mahindra stable with you!

Happy relocation to UK and driving too!!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 09:45   #42
BHPian

Hi Raj,
Congratulations for your Xoovi. Yeah I was also wondering after our call as it was raining real hard that day.
Even my white Bolero was delivered in rain. All puja & all was performed in the rain so it was one experience to remember.

Wish you happy driving & UK trip.
offroad_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 12:37   #43
BHPian

Congrats Raj. This is the SUV to have in this segment. The way Mahindra has loaded it up makes it really awesome. Got sold on to it during the test drive & am trying to figure out ways for an XUV to replace the 2 yr old Xylo E6

Wish you many happy & safe miles.
vkaul1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 00:58   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Raj, finally you got your XUV. Enjoy the ride.

Quote:
But in general I guess we were trying to hold a steady speeds that night for the most part of it.

As for the FE, yes XUV does have good FE compared to other SUV's. I get 13 constantly in city driving in my W6 and on highway, i get around 15 +.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th September 2012 at 07:41. Reason: Removed reference to high speeds.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 10:48   #45
BHPian

Congrats Raj on your Xoovy. Hope to see a comparison between Pintu and Xoovy.

Best wishes on your trip to UK.

Most Viewed