Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2013, 21:04   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8

Till now, the ownership experience with my XUV was very satisfactory, but today's A.S.S. experience changed it all.

I gave my car to the A.S.S. with the following list:

1) Brake pads change to Galfer - Not done. Was not in stock.
2) Brake pedal change to new design - Not done. Was not in stock.
3) Thud sound from front suspension - Suspension bushes changed and something done to the front anti roll bar (Invoice says "R & R")
4) Camera was slightly tilted - Not done, GOD knows why.
5) Rattling from doors - Solved to an extent.
6) Rattling from boot - Not solved.
7) Check whether the siren touches any moving parts - They have not mentioned anything in the Invoice, so I believe they have not bothered to check it.

I gave them the car yesterday early morning and got back the car today evening. So all they have done in 2 days is just change the suspension bushes and adjust the doors...

Also, till now I can say that my Xoovy has been fairly reliable. Apart from me being cautious and scrutinizing the car for any niggles, the car itself has not given any trouble. But there is one niggle (a problem which qualifies as a niggle!) - the RHS headlights keep conking off. The low beam (projector) lights has conked off again for the second time now. Sad part is, I noticed it after the car has come from service. The first time, it was rectified at the A.S.S.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 8th June 2013 at 21:06.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 00:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

Hey raj_5004,
Its nice to see your Xoovy serving you well. Although don't you pamper the car like you pampered your Pintu and if you do how come you ain't updating that much?? Or is it that you have some other plans in mind?? Abarth or T-Jet??
Old 9th June 2013, 11:46   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Hey raj_5004,
Its nice to see your Xoovy serving you well. Although don't you pamper the car like you pampered your Pintu and if you do how come you ain't updating that much?? Or is it that you have some other plans in mind?? Abarth or T-Jet??
Hi buddy, how are you?

First of all, you are right - Xoovy is never pampered like Pintu. It was never meant to be pampered. It is our family cum office vehicle and does all the rough jobs. For example, visiting our construction site twice a week. So, there is no point in pampering it.

Secondly, you are right... a new (used) car is on the cards. It wont be a FIAT as I am looking at the A/T option now. That will be our second car (weekend getaway) and will most probably be pampered like Pintu.
Old 7th September 2013, 12:50   #94
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, I am back from the UK for good. Which means, I can be with Xoovy now 24x7 and can regularly update this thread.

We got Xoovy in the first week of September. Now, exactly a year later, the odo reading stands at 20000 kms. These 20k kms have been fine without any major issues or niggles. The only bother was that the RHS headlight bulb has fused twice.

I gave the car for servicing today (20k). The other things I mentioned to the RM were:

1) Chauffeur mentioned that the clutch has burned. I have asked them to inspect the clutch.
2) Creaking noise when the outside rear view mirrors open and close.
3) Inside rear view mirror is broken (nobody knows how!).
4) Update maps to V8.0
5) Very rarely, the brakes have a faint screeching noise. It can be the infamous issues present in all XUVs (my car never had a brake pad replacement) or it could be due to regular wear of the brake pads.
6) Most importantly, the rear right door of the car refuses to open from inside. Apparently, the child lock switch falls on its own!

Astonishingly, we have been given an estimate of 12k!!!
Old 7th September 2013, 13:57   #95
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Hi guys, I am back from the UK for good. Which means, I can be with Xoovy now 24x7 and can regularly update this thread.
Astonishingly, we have been given an estimate of 12k!!!
Welcome back Raj! Hope to catch you in Powai during one of the meets.

12K for 20,000km service? Any breakup?
Old 7th September 2013, 14:39   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Welcome back Raj! Hope to catch you in Powai during one of the meets.

12K for 20,000km service? Any breakup?
He has quoted about 4-5k for the servicing, approx 2k for A/C servicing and about 1.5k for wheel alignment and balancing. The rest is for the repairs like a new mirror, etc.

It seems to be on the higher side, I will wait for the final bill.
Old 8th September 2013, 23:52   #97
Senior - BHPian

Details of second free servicing:

Parts-

Oil filter: Rs. 231.11
Copper washer: Rs. 7.11
Rust Remover: Rs. 97.78
Emery paper: Rs. 16.89
Balancing weights: Rs. 117.95
Engine oil (6 lit.): Rs. 1541.34
Maximile Syntec (12 units): Rs. 1098.72
Fuel Filter: 1445.35
Disposable protective cover kit: Rs. 53.33
Inner rear view mirror: Rs. 337.78

Labour-

Wheel balancing: Rs. 600
Blower cleaning: Rs. 430
A/C filer cleaning: Rs. 70
A/C condenser cleaning: Rs. 810
Wheel alignment and setting: Rs. 560
Intake manifold cleaning: Rs. 1460
Service plus: Rs. 340
Tyre rotation: Rs. 270

Total: Rs. 10,811/-

I am a lot disappointed as I feel a lot of things covered in the service is not actually required or recommended by Mahindra. Sadly, I dont think I can complain to M&M about this as the bill mentions "All repair charges have been explained to me". They had indeed called my brother (since they did not have my number) and told him the above charges, to which he agreed.

I however wish M&M to know how their A.S.S. fleece their customers.
Old 9th September 2013, 00:24   #98
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I however wish M&M to know how their A.S.S. fleece their customers.
I wanted to say that when you quoted 12K in your last post! But your car was already in service by then.
During the first-service, they (i.e. Global) charged me some 400Rs under "Service Plus". The RM had casually mentioned it while preparing the job-card. When I grilled him later for what exactly is done as part of Service-Plus, I got all bogus answers like replacing any missing tyre-valve caps and other general cleaning that is apparently not included in the "free" service.

You had any complaints with the AC?
All those blower-fliter-condenser cleaning charges (1310 Rs) are bloated.
You should drop a line to customer-care about the bloated charges. I did, when they charged me 900Rs under the head "Diagnostics by special tools" for plugging in a OBD2 adapter connected to a laptop!

Even I got wheel-alignment and balancing done from them. Would not get it done from them again. Not only did they overcharge, the number of tries it took them to fix the car pulling to the left problem was just ridiculous.

Last edited by SDP : 9th September 2013 at 00:26.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2013, 10:00   #99
BHPian

Quote:
5) Rattling from doors - Solved to an extent.
6) Rattling from boot - Not solved.
Did this rattling sound issue get resolved? I've got this problem in my Scorpio, and the ASS keeps insisting that the rattling sound is all due the speakers, despite there being a distinct sound of the door shaking in its hinges, especially the boot door

Mahindra A*S*S is pretty pathetic at solving such issues. I remember when I used to have such problems in my Swift VDi and would give the car to the A*S*S, the noises would vanish, almost like magic. Speaks a lot about differences in service quality
Old 9th September 2013, 12:30   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to say that when you quoted 12K in your last post! But your car was already in service by then.
During the first-service, they (i.e. Global) charged me some 400Rs under "Service Plus". The RM had casually mentioned it while preparing the job-card. When I grilled him later for what exactly is done as part of Service-Plus, I got all bogus answers like replacing any missing tyre-valve caps and other general cleaning that is apparently not included in the "free" service.
Sadly, as I said, they had explained the charges before commencing the work and have already done the work now, so there is no point in ranting about it now.

I have decided I will change the A.S.S. now, I am anyways not happy with the treatment at Global Gallarie.

Quote:
You had any complaints with the AC?
All those blower-fliter-condenser cleaning charges (1310 Rs) are bloated.
You should drop a line to customer-care about the bloated charges. I did, when they charged me 900Rs under the head "Diagnostics by special tools" for plugging in a OBD2 adapter connected to a laptop!
I had no complaints with the AC.

Do you think writing a mail to customer care will help, as the A.S.S. may simply tell them that the customer 'agreed' to the work before we started it.

I did not create a scene when I went to pick the car up, simply because it is the last time I will ever go to Global Gallarie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
Did this rattling sound issue get resolved? I've got this problem in my Scorpio, and the ASS keeps insisting that the rattling sound is all due the speakers, despite there being a distinct sound of the door shaking in its hinges, especially the boot door

Mahindra A*S*S is pretty pathetic at solving such issues. I remember when I used to have such problems in my Swift VDi and would give the car to the A*S*S, the noises would vanish, almost like magic. Speaks a lot about differences in service quality
I have no idea about Maruti, but even Tata and Fiat were very pathetic when it comes to solving rattles.

In my car now, there are no rattles. The A.S.S. did manage to eliminate most of them.
Old 9th September 2013, 13:43   #101
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...Do you think writing a mail to customer care will help, as the A.S.S. may simply tell them that the customer 'agreed' to the work before we started it.
I believe, it would help. Recommending a work for which there is no customer complaint or service-schedule is a malpractice. Please do write to customer-care.

Quote:
...I have decided I will change the A.S.S. now, I am anyways not happy with the treatment at Global Gallarie.
I did not create a scene when I went to pick the car up, simply because it is the last time I will ever go to Global Gallarie!
Rajeev, not trying to change your mind, but the situation is equally bad at other places. People don't talk about too many good things about NBS as well.

About G3 (the other A.S.S. option in Mumbai), hope you have encountered the following thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-workshop.html
Old 9th September 2013, 19:35   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe, it would help. Recommending a work for which there is no customer complaint or service-schedule is a malpractice. Please do write to customer-care.
As recommended by you, I have sent a mail to the customer care. Lets see how this chapter unfolds.

Quote:
Rajeev, not trying to change your mind, but the situation is equally bad at other places. People don't talk about too many good things about NBS as well.

About G3 (the other A.S.S. option in Mumbai), hope you have encountered the following thread:
I am planning to give my car to Infinity Autolinks now!
Old 11th September 2013, 19:07   #103
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As recommended by you, I have sent a mail to the customer care. Lets see how this chapter unfolds.
Any response yet?

Quote:
I am planning to give my car to Infinity Autolinks now!
The last time I checked, they mentioned that they have a workshop in Sakinaka (which should be perfect for you). But they mentioned that its not a XUV-exclusive facility. Does that matter to you?

Do let us know your experience with Infinity when you try them next time.
Old 12th September 2013, 00:03   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any response yet?
Their response as stated below -

"Dear Sir,

This is in reference to your mail dated September 09, 2013. We are requesting AVP Customer Care of M/s Global Gallarie Pvt Ltd Mr. Shafi to look into your reported concern on priority and arrange for necessary actions as required. We request you to kindly bear with us in the meanwhile.

Thanks & Regards,"

Quote:
The last time I checked, they mentioned that they have a workshop in Sakinaka (which should be perfect for you). But they mentioned that its not a XUV-exclusive facility. Does that matter to you?
Not at all!

Quote:
Do let us know your experience with Infinity when you try them next time.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 12th September 2013 at 00:04.
Old 16th September 2013, 08:50   #105
Senior - BHPian

I had sent a mail to M&M customer car expressing my discomfort on how Global Gallarie overcharged me for the service.

I got a mail from them that they would take the necessary actions. Sure enough, the next day I got a call from the GM of Global Gallarie who asked me what my concern was. After explaining him the entire situation, he was apologetic about the incident and ensured that everything in my car will be taken care of if I send my car again to them. He told me that he will send a chauffeur to my place who will take my car to the A.S.S. and return it back the same evening with all complaints resolved. I however stood firm that my vehicle will not go back to Global Gallarie under any circumstances. He was again insisting that I should send the vehicle there atleast once so that they can rectify whatever issues I have with the vehicle.

His explanation was that whenever a car comes for service, it is checked and such additional jobs are recommended to the customer. Only if the customer authorizes the job, we go ahead with it. In our case, my brother did give an authorization, so I could not say much. I asked him why does a year old vehicle which has run 20k kms need 'intake manifold cleaning', he had no answer to that.

I was frankly expecting a refund of the excess amount which is approximately Rs. 5000/-. I know that is too much to ask, especially after I have signed on the dotted line. Anyways, since we have decided that the car will never go that A.S.S. again, we will not pursue this matter forward.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 16th September 2013 at 08:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks