Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2012, 13:47   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8

Got IND reg. plates for Xoovy today. Costed me Rs. 900 for a set.

Also, the car was very very dirty, was not washed for 4 days and did 2 long distance trips. So gave her for a pressure (water) wash.

The guy cleaned her with RIN detergent.

The car has some small tar spots which he says can be removed with diesel. I asked him not to do that and will give the car for 3M detailing after the rains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Congrats Raj on your Xoovy. Hope to see a comparison between Pintu and Xoovy.

Best wishes on your trip to UK.
Thank you.

Till now, everyone has asked for a comparo with the Innova, you are the first one asking me to compare her with Pintu. Sure, I will do that soon.
Old 8th September 2012, 15:00   #47
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the XUV, Raj. That is one awesome machine.

Just curious, you sold the Punto cos you are going to UK and there was no-one to take care of it and yet you got an XUV?!! Who will be taking care of this while you are in the UK?
Old 8th September 2012, 16:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

The car has almost touched 1000 kms... 1000 kms in 5 days, not bad eh?

But continuous travel on the highways in this season has taken a toll on the car's beauty. It had become downright dirty. Tar marks, slush, dirt... you name it and it was splashed all over the car. By the way, I like dirty SUVs!

Anyways, it needed a good pressure wash. Took it to a local pressure wash centre and asked him to give it a wash.

Some pics :

The highway star -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0115.jpg
Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0116.jpg
Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0117.jpg

A dirty white SUV -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0118.jpg

Before wash -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0119.jpg
Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0120.jpg

Being washed -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0123.jpg

Back to it's glory -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0124.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Congrats on the XUV, Raj. That is one awesome machine.

Just curious, you sold the Punto cos you are going to UK and there was no-one to take care of it and yet you got an XUV?!! Who will be taking care of this while you are in the UK?
Thank you buddy.

My brother will use the XUV. Though he claims he will use the Innova more, I feel the XUV will be his choice often.

Punto was my personal car. Moreover, nobody in my family was willing to use my Punto (my family was not really fond of the Punto). XUV is not my personal car, its like a second family car.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 8th September 2012 at 16:08.
Old 8th September 2012, 16:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

The car has some small tar spots which he says can be removed with diesel. I asked him not to do that and will give the car for 3M detailing after the rains.

Cleaning tar marks with diesel and kerosene is ok. I have specifically asked about this in Hyundai A.S.S. Just dont use petrol.

Last edited by Pancham : 8th September 2012 at 16:37.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 16:40   #50
Senior - BHPian

If you are a DIY enthusiast you can buy a can of WD 40 and use it to remove all tar spots. A short spray followed by a wipe with a MF towel should ensure it goes away I use it on all our cars and it never disappoints
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 06:28   #51
BHPian

Congrats Raj for your new ride.

XUV is an amzing highway cruiser. Engine is simply a super star in the overall package. Its sad to see your Punto go though.

Have fun. Happy motoring.
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 08:31   #52
Senior - BHPian

Topped up Xoovy yesterday.

Even after 2 outstation trips and 3 days of city commute, she still has 12 litres of fuel in her tank, which roughly translates to 120 kms more!

Fuel efficiency :

In city : 10 kmpl
On express highways at 120-130 kmph : 14 kmpl
On single lane highways : 12 kmpl

This is before first service, I assume the figures will improve after that.

Also, I guess M&M has changed the speakers in the newer XUVs. The XUVs I test drove had crappy quality speakers but surprisingly, the ones on my car are very good... yes, it lacks a bit of bass, but cant ask for more.
Old 10th September 2012, 14:23   #53
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the XUV, Raj! What an absolute head turner it is Keep updating the ownership thread with your experiences.

In the meantime, how about a quick comparo with your Scorp? Always good to get first hand perspectives from owners.
Old 10th September 2012, 15:23   #54
BHPian

Congratulations on the ride Raj and a great review!! The XOOVI looks real good..

And I am glad to hear that the speakers have improved. This is one of the items that I was thinking about and considering upgrading, but fearful of losing the warranty . I hope I get the improved ones when my XUV is delivered in October ..
Btw: is there any official info on the reduction of the accessory prices that you mentioned in one of your posts?
Old 10th September 2012, 15:55   #55
Senior - BHPian

Completed 1000 kms with XUV, so some more pics and details -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0135.jpg
Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0143.jpg

I will start with some cabin pics :

* USB & Auxilary port and charging point. This needs a mini USB, else the flap wont close. Even if the flap is open, it does not hamper gear changes at all -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0136.jpg

* Passenger airbag light, hazard light switch, start stop, lounge lighting, hill descent and ESP -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0137.jpg

* AC controls : The left knob is to increase/decrease temperature, the right knob is to increase/decrease fan speed, within these knobs are rear defogger and front demister switches, ECON stands for Economy mode, and REAR AC is to switch On/Off the third row vents (not the second row).

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0138.jpg

* Controls for CD player and the touch screen display -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0139.jpg

* Home page of the display -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0140.jpg

* Steering feels good to hold and the leather stitching has a nice feel to it. On the right is cruise control and voice activation switches and on the left are the music controls -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0141.jpg

* Futuristic instrument console is eye candy. 'N' stands for neutral. Instead of a gear indicator, I would have preferred a digital speedometer. Yes, the GPS does show digital speed on the centre screen, but I would have preferred one right in front of my eyes -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0142.jpg

* Door levers and handles feel truly premium and look great. The door handles have a nice rubberized touch on the insides -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0144.jpg

* Switch for auto wipers perfectly positioned -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0145.jpg

* Fuel lid switch, headlamp angle and lounge lighting intensity switch -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0146.jpg

* Side airbags on A pillar -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0147.jpg

* Conversation mirror and goggle holder -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0148.jpg

* Roof liner has a nice plastic material and not fabric, easy to clean and does not get soiled -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0149.jpg

* Sunlight sensor on the dash -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0150.jpg

* Storage problem in the XUV? Nah!

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0151.jpg

* AC vents feel high quality stuff -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0152.jpg

* The texture on dash which everybody complains about... I have no issues with it -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0153.jpg

* The infamous reflection on the windshield. Surprisingly, it does not hamper driving much -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0154.jpg

* Light for vanity mirror, comes on automatically when you slide open the cover of the mirror. The visor has an extendable flap too -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0155.jpg

* Bottle and umbrella holder on all doors -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0156.jpg

* Storage space in both the front footwells -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0157.jpg

* Speakers are positioned high -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0158.jpg

* Additional thigh support -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0159.jpg

* Nice side bolstering on seats. Lumbar support can be adjusted via that knob -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0161.jpg

* Key fob is awesome and looks great -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0162.jpg

Some more pics will follow soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Congrats on the XUV, Raj! What an absolute head turner it is. Keep updating the ownership thread with your experiences.

In the meantime, how about a quick comparo with your Scorp? Always good to get first hand perspectives from owners.
I have been asked to compare the XUV with the Innova and the Punto too, so I guess I will make a different thread for that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Congratulations on the ride Raj and a great review!! The XOOVI looks real good..

And I am glad to hear that the speakers have improved. This is one of the items that I was thinking about and considering upgrading, but fearful of losing the warranty . I hope I get the improved ones when my XUV is delivered in October ..
Btw: is there any official info on the reduction of the accessory prices that you mentioned in one of your posts?
Sorry brother, I dont have any official info on the reduction of the prices of accessories.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 10th September 2012 at 15:56.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 17:36   #56
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
...Btw: is there any official info on the reduction of the accessory prices that you mentioned in one of your posts?
The dealers have a new accessory price-list. It was mentioned to me twice during the last month. Check the price of the reverse camera. If it is in the 3000-3500 range, its the new price. Anything more, either the price-list is old or the dealer is overcharging.

Quote:
Completed 1000 kms with XUV, so some more pics and details -
Thanks raj_5004 for the fantastic photos.

Quote:
* Passenger airbag light, hazard light switch, start stop, lounge lighting, hill descent and ESP -
You mean the passenger-seatbelt-light.

Quote:
* Futuristic instrument console is eye candy. 'N' stands for neutral. Instead of a gear indicator, I would have preferred a digital speedometer. Yes, the GPS does show digital speed on the centre screen, but I would have preferred one right in front of my eyes -
GPS shows speed? Did not know that. Thanks! Would check it out today.

Quote:
* Storage problem in the XUV? Nah!
There is good space, but unfortunately split across multiple compartments, which throws up challenges sometimes. e.g. I am not able to shove my DLSR D90 in any one of the storage spaces.

Quote:
* The infamous reflection on the windshield. Surprisingly, it does not hamper driving much -
The reflection bothers sometimes when the road has trees on either side. The reflection on the shiny part of the dash (between the 2 silver lines) reflects back on the windshield and creates illusions. Not a big issue though. Just needs some getting used to.

Enjoy the ride.

BTW, planning to change engine oil at 1000KMs?

Last edited by SDP : 10th September 2012 at 17:39.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 18:35   #57
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the first milestone, you got there pretty quick, guess, must be restless to hit highway as often as possible

Those IND plates, they are aftermarket plates, they don't have encryption and the unique number as required for HSRNP. Did you source them from Mulund? Did you check with Mumbai RTO if they started issuing real HSRNP?
Old 10th September 2012, 18:58   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The dealers have a new accessory price-list. It was mentioned to me twice during the last month. Check the price of the reverse camera. If it is in the 3000-3500 range, its the new price. Anything more, either the price-list is old or the dealer is overcharging.
Thanks SDP!
The reverse camera for 3 to 3.5 K seems to be decent price. I think I will add this to my list of essential accessories.
I will ensure I check the accessory prices. I had the earlier list and should be able to compare. Will post my findings as well.

Thanks for the updated pics and some useful info there Raj (digital speedo on gps etc).
Old 10th September 2012, 19:38   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Scene 2 : The day was 23rd August 2012. Took the VIN number from the dealer and verified that it was an August 2012 manufactured car!
Headed straight to the stockyard and did a small PDI. The in-charge of the stockyard was a very welcoming gentleman and stayed with me throughout the PDI and was an extremely supportive. The car had landed in the stockyard just 3 days ago. The first thing I checked was - whether we got Bridgestones or crappy JK tyres... Our car had Bridgestones. Good! Was satisfied with the car.
Sorry for the multiple posts, but a quick question Raj. Why would you say that Bridgestones are better? Is this from previous experience with other cars or have you heard any negative feedback of the JK's on the XUV? The reason I ask is that the other owners seem to mention that the stock JK's seem to squeal less than the Bridgestones. I don't think I can pick what tyres I want when I will taking delivery, but would try and influence the folks if there is a strong reason.
Old 10th September 2012, 20:02   #60
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
GPS shows speed? Did not know that. Thanks! Would check it out today.
Checked. Couldn't find it. Can you please recheck?

Most Viewed