Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 10:21   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 CRDI Asta

Auto-Lock is not enabled in i20 Asta CRDI. I have planned to get it enabled during the First Service Inspection. I would have got it done during delivery itself but the service executive informed me that it is already enabled

Another item on my list to get the dashboard lamp installed.
Old 11th September 2012, 11:31   #32
BHPian

Advaith Hyundai @ BG road does not have the G-Scan firmware updated, so that scanner cant work on the new gen I-20's, the only place that I know off which has the updated scanner is Trident Hyundai near the PF office.. somewhere close to Mallya Hospital..

Auto locking and the other's can be enabled, only when, the scanner can read the ecu!

@Aditya: By dashboard lamp, do you mean, the glovebox lamp or do you mean the rheostat illumination switch?

Cheers!
Old 11th September 2012, 14:15   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
Auto-Lock is not enabled in i20 Asta CRDI. I have planned to get it enabled during the First Service Inspection. I would have got it done during delivery itself but the service executive informed me that it is already enabled

Another item on my list to get the dashboard lamp installed.
Why don't the cars come with auto lock from factory? what's the logic of having to take it to service centre to get it enabled?

Is it still auto lock at 40 kmph speed? or something else in the iGen?
Old 11th September 2012, 14:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
I checked with my friend, he had left his car for his first service last week and the guys at the service station told him that they would not be able to get it done. I think like someone stated earlier the option is only available in i20 CRDi Asta (o) and not Asta or below.
Old 12th September 2012, 15:00   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
I checked with my friend, he had left his car for his first service last week and the guys at the service station told him that they would not be able to get it done. I think like someone stated earlier the option is only available in i20 CRDi Asta (o) and not Asta or below.
Hi Ranjimso,

We can enable auto-lock @40km/hr in all the versions of i20. I did this in my Sportz version.
Usually service station guys are a bit reluctant to turn ON this feature, no idea why. They did this in my car on my second request. First time they said the scanner was not available and usually they do not enable this feature for 'security' reasons . But on the second request, and after little bit of pushing, they finally did it.
Old 12th September 2012, 15:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateDrive View Post
We can enable auto-lock @40km/hr in all the versions of i20. I did this in my Sportz version.
I guess yours is a pre-facelift i20 (judging from your display pic). In the igen i20, this feature has been dropped in variants below Asta(O), unless otherwise proved wrong by Wildon
Old 12th September 2012, 15:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
I guess yours is a pre-facelift i20 (judging from your display pic). In the igen i20, this feature has been dropped in variants below Asta(O), unless otherwise proved wrong by Wildon
Yes I have a pre-facelift version sportz. But I doubt that this feature should be version dependent. If one version of ECM has this feature, IMO there is no reason for other version ECMs to not to have this feature.
Rest, the experts would be the best people to explain this.
Old 12th September 2012, 18:12   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionateDrive View Post
Yes I have a pre-facelift version sportz. But I doubt that this feature should be version dependent. If one version of ECM has this feature, IMO there is no reason for other version ECMs to not to have this feature.
Rest, the experts would be the best people to explain this.
Correction - Just searched for this issue on Hyundai forum. Yes, it seems the Auto-lock feature has been removed from the igen versions.
A reference post in Hyundai forum
However this post does not mention any specific version of igen i20.
Old 13th September 2012, 15:11   #39

My I 20 CRDi ASTA is due for 18th. I am very excited and cant wait for my new car and after reading you guys and your ownership experience I only feel it was such a sound decision I made to go in for I20
Old 22nd September 2012, 21:13   #40
BHPian

Snowhite completed her First Service today. This 'service' is actually an inspection only and there is no replacement of consumables done.

Odo: 1470 Kms

Precautions prior to service: Emptied out each and every item out of the car except service manual and gear lock. Removed the radio antenna as well. Normally remove the jack and toolkit but retained it this time as there was some other running about in the city to be done before and after the service. The complete inventory was noted on handover along with fuel level and odo reading. I verified the same after completion of service.

Feedback viz-a-viz service experience: Neutral.

Took prior appointment with HMP Mathura Road for service on Saturday morning. Reached there at 10 AM only to find that mine was the 46th car in the queue! Killed time in the lounge as I waited for SA to take handover of the car.

I had no problems to report. The car has been smooth as day-1 and there are no complaints. However, I had one observation - when ACC is on, the diesel engine clatter tends to be slightly higher. But if ACC is on manual mode, then she feels like any petrol engine. The clatter decibel level is very low - I notice it only if the stereo is off. There is no difference in performance of the car or cooling in these modes. HMP checked the OBD readings as well as AC filters and I was assured that there is no disfunction in the air con unit. I plan to monitor this clatter (or lack of) over extended time: just to be sure that it is not my own head playing games with me.

Enabling Auto-Lock: I told the SA that it can be done by GScan. He later regretted that it could not be done; I countered whether the GScan version they were using was the latest. He reaffirmed that they tried it and the car model does not support it. I will believe HMP on this unless some other BHPian shows it is possible!

Glovebox Lamp: The same was not on inventory but my SA revealed that it was already on order as many customers had requested it ... Team BHP effect I believe He also claimed that it was a big task as dash board had to dismounted for it ... now I am planning to avoid it unless the dashboard has to be opened for any other reason.

Last edited by aditya101 : 22nd September 2012 at 21:16.
Old 24th September 2012, 01:59   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498

Anyway, I had 1 question for you, does your Music System play all the uSB drives, cuz mine doesnt, it doesnt recognise any of my usb drives apart from a 4gb Lenovo usb stick that I have.

Shrey
You are correct, The HU for some reason reads the flashdrives very slow. I use a 16gig drive and it takes almost 45 sec to 1 min to read it, and on the other hand my 2 gb backup flash drives get detected in a flash.
Old 24th September 2012, 09:08   #42
BHPian

Aditya, got a couple of questions

1. How does the climate control work? Does it vary the temperature settings automatically, or does it only increase the fan speed if required?
I'm asking this because one of my friends who drives a Vento was saying that, even on Auto settings, he has to set the temp, and based on the temperature inside the car, only the fan speed is changed automatically.

2. This one is more out of curiosity.
Lets say you park your car with both ORVMs open. Lock your car, then manually fold one ORVM from the outside. Now when you start the car later again, does the ORVM fold out automatically?
Old 24th September 2012, 11:48   #43
BHPian

Hi Bharat,

1. I will describe the operation as end user; you first set the desired temperature and press the "Auto" button on the dashboard. The symbol "AUTO" immediately appears on the display and external air is selected. I switch back to internal air circulation and let the ACC do the rest. Normally I keep the fan speed to medium, but on activating the Auto functionality the fan speed drops to low. From there on even fan speed is regulated by the ACC.

2. Manual folding of OVRMs is not recommended and I do not attempt the same. I keep either both open or both close - and operation is via electronic switch only. I checked this with HMP as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Aditya, got a couple of questions

1. How does the climate control work? Does it vary the temperature settings automatically, or does it only increase the fan speed if required?
I'm asking this because one of my friends who drives a Vento was saying that, even on Auto settings, he has to set the temp, and based on the temperature inside the car, only the fan speed is changed automatically.

2. This one is more out of curiosity.
Lets say you park your car with both ORVMs open. Lock your car, then manually fold one ORVM from the outside. Now when you start the car later again, does the ORVM fold out automatically?
aditya101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 11:54   #44
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 24th September 2012 at 14:04.
bharat4ever is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th September 2012, 12:57   #45
BHPian

Congratulations on your new drive !! Happy driving.
Let me recommend you for the glove box lamp if you haven't installed it yet. Its very useful and helps a lot at night.

I find it strange that the hyundai service centre is hesitating to carry out your orders.
When I asked the guy to enable auto-lock for me at 40kmph the answer was Yes Sir!
When I asked the guy to install the glove box lamp for me the answer was Yes Sir!

You can get the details for the same on my ownership thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks