Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2012, 13:59   #46
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 CRDI Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Congratulations on your new drive !! Happy driving.
Let me recommend you for the glove box lamp if you haven't installed it yet. Its very useful and helps a lot at night.

I find it strange that the hyundai service centre is hesitating to carry out your orders.
When I asked the guy to enable auto-lock for me at 40kmph the answer was Yes Sir!
When I asked the guy to install the glove box lamp for me the answer was Yes Sir!

You can get the details for the same on my ownership thread.
Judging by your ownership thread I understand that you have the pre-facelift version? The autolock issues are there with the new variants. They are unable to do it.
Old 29th September 2012, 17:10   #47
BHPian

Sharing the FE received till now:

Qty - Cost - Distance - FE (Kmpl) - Cost (Rs/Km)
41.11 - 1650 - 738 - 17.95 - 2.24
22.9 - 1045 - 386 - 16.86 - 2.71
40.8 - 1860 - 708 - 17.35 - 2.63
Driving is 50-50 Highway and City usage with AC on. Measured using tankful method.
Old 8th October 2012, 21:41   #48
BHPian

Snowhite has done over 2500 Kms and she has "opened up" .... the overall response has noticeably improved.

The rainy season revealed a design issue with the mudguards. The sides get dirty even in light wet conditions ... so much so that even the ORVMs are not spared. Will go for underbody coating before the next monsoons.

Hyundai i20 CRDI Asta-14092012636.jpg

Coming back to FE, here are the latest numbers:
39.5 - 1800 - 767 - 19.42 - 2.35
Thanks to the superb 750 Km per tankful I manage Chandigarh - Delhi and back (550 Kms) with enough juice to spare for a couple of local trips.
Old 9th October 2012, 10:12   #49
BHPian

Hmm this proves my suspicion. At the time of installing the mudguards itself i was wondering whether they were too small. And unfortunately your car is white too. But I personally love the dirty rally car look.

And Aditya i i hav two issues. Since yesterday, i feel a vibration on the pedal when i depress the clutch. Like the clutch pedal rubbing on some metal. Ever felt it?

And just 5-10 back as I was entering office, the right back suspension was thudding even for a normal sized speed breaker. I don't know whether it will persist in the evening also. I will let you know.

Ever faced either of these?
Old 9th October 2012, 10:26   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post

The rainy season revealed a design issue with the mudguards. The sides get dirty even in light wet conditions ... so much so that even the ORVMs are not spared. Will go for underbody coating before the next monsoons.
I agree on this part. I didn't quite notice the size of the mudguards until dirt and slush started splatting all over the lower part of the front doors. Thankfully they still haven't reached the ORVMS I think an underbody coat is imminent and probably even non-stock bigger mudguards!
Old 9th October 2012, 11:30   #51
BHPian

[quote=aditya101;2926874

[/quote]

I'm also suffering from the same, and yes mine is also a White one. It hasn't reached the ORVM level yet. But it's still an eyesore seeing dirt splash just on the lower side on an otherwise shining and gleaming car.
Old 9th October 2012, 12:53   #52
BHPian

Regards to the mud flaps:

I feel the tyres are to blame here ... thanks to the width even the fenders cant stop the muck ... it is really crazy to find mud on the OVRMs!

Hi Bharat, I have not noticed either of the issues .... it is possible that you have a more keen ear for these sounds!
Old 9th October 2012, 14:01   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Regards to the mud flaps:

I feel the tyres are to blame here ... thanks to the width even the fenders cant stop the muck ... it is really crazy to find mud on the OVRMs!

Hi Bharat, I have not noticed either of the issues .... it is possible that you have a more keen ear for these sounds!
As I told you earlier, I am psychotic when it comes to cabin noises man. Can't tolerate it.
But the clutch pedal thing is more of a feeling on the leg when depressing the clutch pedal. You can't hear it.
Old 9th October 2012, 14:51   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Coming back to FE, here are the latest numbers:
39.5 - 1800 - 767 - 19.42 - 2.35
Now that is really good FE you are getting, is it only on highway drives or mixed .

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajpv87 View Post
I'm also suffering from the same, and yes mine is also a White one. It hasn't reached the ORVM level yet. But it's still an eyesore seeing dirt splash just on the lower side on an otherwise shining and gleaming car.
Regarding the dirt splash, i also faced the same issue after upgrading to 195.60.15 tyres on my Ritz , and was forced to move to those aftermarket mudflaps for the front tyres and those really helped, i guess you can try those .
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 CRDI Asta-img_0166-custom-2.jpg  

Old 9th October 2012, 16:00   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Regarding the dirt splash, i also faced the same issue after upgrading to 195.60.15 tyres on my Ritz , and was forced to move to those aftermarket mudflaps for the front tyres and those really helped, i guess you can try those .
Thanks buddy. But I doubt whether the design would suit i20. Being a low slung car, I guess the mudflaps might look a little bigger in proportion to the car.
Old 9th October 2012, 19:30   #56
BHPian

Now that is really good FE you are getting, is it only on highway drives or mixed .

I think fellow i20 owner 9thsphinx (if i recall correctly) will disagree as he is getting 20+ Kmpl on highway!

My driving is 50-50 City and Highway combined. I believe the mileage should improve since it is only recently I get the feeling of running in being complete.
Old 16th October 2012, 10:42   #57
BHPian

Aditya, which company fuel do you use? I've used IndianOil, Bharat Petroleum and Shell. Shell is the best, but Rs 17 per litre is not the ideal scenario for a diesel car. IndianOil is very adulterated.
Old 19th October 2012, 09:32   #58
BHPian

Having driven petrol Marutis most of the time, I appreciated how different the i20 is from those cars. And as I build up my mileage on the car each day, I make mental notes on her behaviour and decide how to do approach a driving situation in a better the next time.

Thus, in my own way I am forming a "manual" of sorts in my mind. Some notes ... welcome other owners to review and share their advice.

Starting Up

Disengage the gear lock and come to neutral. Depress clutch fully and press the Start/Stop button - hold the pedal till ignition is complete or it the process will stop. If the engine is cold, idle in neutral for at least 30 seconds and do not switch on the Air Conditioning unit. This practice will ensure longevity of the turbocharger and AC. Secondly, a warmer engine will make lesser noise once you get moving. Utilize this time to adjust mirrors, place change/wallet/bag, wearing seat belt etc

Arriving at the Destination

Switch off the AC 2 mins before the engine will be switched off. Choose one landmark, say the last traffic light or the security gate of your office to do this ... this way it is easier to remember. Since offices and malls have security checks, remember to unlock the central locking - otherwise the guard cannot open the boot.

If the parking lot has an incline or circular path then keep the gear in 1st or 2nd - irrespective of going up or down. Dont be in a hurry to kill the engine and lock the car. After parking, keep the engine in idle for 30 seconds.

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Aditya, which company fuel do you use? I've used IndianOil, Bharat Petroleum and Shell. Shell is the best, but Rs 17 per litre is not the ideal scenario for a diesel car. IndianOil is very adulterated.
Hi Bharat: I use HPCL as my credit card allows for 0 surcharge. But fuel quality depends on the specific pump.
Old 19th October 2012, 10:20   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think fellow i20 owner 9thsphinx (if i recall correctly) will disagree as he is getting 20+ Kmpl on highway!
Hi Atidya, either you have me mistaken for someone else or I might have erred in putting down the mileage figures.

Two things. If we're talking about the i20, I remember saying somewhere that my car is still fairly new and I still haven't figured out the mileage. But I am pretty sure it's not going to be groundbreaking as I have the Petrol Asta, if you know what I mean! And, if we're specifically talking about the FE, my Jazz gives a pretty decent FE of around 17.5-18.5 on the highways and around 14.5-15.5 in the city with the AC on 100% of the time. Nowhere or no time have I managed to get a FE of 20 on any of my cars. Oh how I wish I could
Old 16th November 2012, 20:36   #60
BHPian

Latest Update:
  • The car has completed 5000 Kms
  • High Security Registration Plate (HSRP) was installed. It is a 2 min job but takes half day due to queues and type of hassles found in a sarkari daftar.
  • Cumulative FE figures are noted below.

Odo = 5191
FE = 18.41 Kmpl
Cost (Rs/Km) = 2.41

Quote:
- No shuffle function in the stereo. There is a randomn function which skips current songs and randomnly picks another one in the disk, but then on the disk continues to play sequentially.
I was wrong here. Not only is shuffle supported, but it is possible even across folders. You have to depress the RDM button for a varying duration to achieve each setting.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 CRDI Asta-20121103-hsrp-installation-02.jpg  

aditya101 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks