Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2012, 19:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home

Congrats Ashwin, your heart just won over your mind Fabulous purchase! More and more Bangloreans getting Jazz'ed..nice!
Old 5th September 2012, 20:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Congrats Ashwin, your heart just won over your mind Fabulous purchase! More and more Bangloreans getting Jazz'ed..nice!
Not really, the heart and mind wanted the Jazz and when the 2 say they want something, they get it!
Thank you, yes, now when I think about it, I do see lots of Jazz's puttering around here.
Old 5th September 2012, 21:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Not really, the heart and mind wanted the Jazz and when the 2 say they want something, they get it!
Thank you, yes, now when I think about it, I do see lots of Jazz's puttering around here.
Jazzper is also from Banglore. You guys should meet up. He also got the X.
Old 6th September 2012, 01:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Jazzper is also from Bangalore. You guys should meet up. He also got the X.
I happened to see a Jazz X in U.T with the Body Coloured Front Grille and the Tail Gate Spoiler today. The Grille didn't look all that impressive, I'd say the current grille looks better. The Spoiler looks OK, not extraordinary.

Yeah, will show up at one of them T-BHP meets sometime. For now, looking for a fancy name for the car. Any suggestions?

Also, any info on the Fuel Gauge issue? We called the service center today, they said that other Jazz's have also come in with the same issue. But it might be the case that the Petrol Bunk filled in air instead of petrol. Weird justification in my opinion. They asked us to fill once more and try, if the issue is not resolved, they will take up the matter.
Old 6th September 2012, 01:15   #20
BHPian

Brilliant car, congrats on your choice! If i have to buy petrol hatch today, this is one i would go for, but i find RED stunning.

Did you get chance to drive Brio yet? (i understand from your post that you couldnt test drive one while researching). It would have been interesting to see comparison from prospective buyer between Jazz and Brio from drivability and practicality POV.
Old 6th September 2012, 10:06   #21
BHPian

Thats around 3 ppl here from Bangalore(inc me) that have the Jazz in Bangalore..and all have the XMT version!!
Old 6th September 2012, 23:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
Brilliant car, congrats on your choice! If i have to buy petrol hatch today, this is one i would go for, but i find RED stunning.

Did you get chance to drive Brio yet? (i understand from your post that you couldnt test drive one while researching). It would have been interesting to see comparison from prospective buyer between Jazz and Brio from drivability and practicality POV.
Well, my friend drove the Brio. And found it easier to drive. The Brio has better low end torque I guess. Not too sure about that. Practicality is what the Brio scores high on. Albeit the small boot doesn't help its cause much, it's big enough to hold luggage for a small journey. And yes, Red does look stunning. But hey, the next car will be in my choice of colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Thats around 3 ppl here from Bangalore(inc me) that have the Jazz in Bangalore..and all have the XMT version!!
Which colour is yours? so Jazzper, shadows123 and me. Wow!
Old 7th September 2012, 09:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase. This car has really grown on me over the years . Honda makes best sense when it comes to compact cars. Ride Safe.
Old 7th September 2012, 10:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Well, my friend drove the Brio. And found it easier to drive. The Brio has better low end torque I guess. Not too sure about that. Practicality is what the Brio scores high on. Albeit the small boot doesn't help its cause much, it's big enough to hold luggage for a small journey. And yes, Red does look stunning. But hey, the next car will be in my choice of colour.

Which colour is yours? so Jazzper, shadows123 and me. Wow!
Mine is Ralleye Red. Jazzper's white and yours UT
Old 7th September 2012, 13:00   #25
BHPian

Congrats Ashwin on your UT Jazz X. You may not be a good driver yet but Damn good writer for sure (Probably quality of every VTU Engineer!).
Many of our thoughts match you know, for example I decided to buy Jazz just because i did not want a compromised sedan and felt a premium hatch is better. And i never liked the Front body coloured Grille lip either! Somehow conviced the Dealer to keep the Front grille unpainted in a glossy black finish and fitted it on to mine and it sort of looks good.

Thanks
Ekz
Old 7th September 2012, 17:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. This car has really grown on me over the years . Honda makes best sense when it comes to compact cars. Ride Safe.
Yup. The Brio and the Jazz are very practical in terms of space and driveability. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Mine is Ralleye Red. Jazzper's white and yours UT
Ah, the 3 best colours except for the black. Now to snoop around and find someone with a black Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzper View Post
Congrats Ashwin on your UT Jazz X. You may not be a good driver yet but Damn good writer for sure (Probably quality of every VTU Engineer!).
Thank you very much! Haha, probably is a distinct characteristic of every VTU Engineer.

Quote:
Many of our thoughts match you know, for example I decided to buy Jazz just because i did not want a compromised sedan and felt a premium hatch is better. And i never liked the Front body coloured Grille lip either! Somehow convinced the Dealer to keep the Front grille unpainted in a glossy black finish and fitted it on to mine and it sort of looks good.
Aah, glad to hear our thoughts sync! The black grille on the white will look splendid. Have you posted pics somewhere? The same on the UT won't quite look so. There wouldn't be the much needed contrast.
Old 7th September 2012, 18:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Aah, glad to hear our thoughts sync! The black grille on the white will look splendid. Have you posted pics somewhere? The same on the UT won't quite look so. There wouldn't be the much needed contrast.
Have i posted pics?! Man you haven't checked my thread yet huh?! Check this out my detailed report for past 3 months of ownership. Page 3 contains all the photos anybody can ask for. (Used all 30pictures per post number)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-review.html

(Beware, I am VTU engineer aswell! BTW i became BHPian with this post Hooray!)

Thanks
Ekz

Last edited by Jazzper : 7th September 2012 at 19:00.
Old 7th September 2012, 23:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have i posted pics?! Man you haven't checked my thread yet huh?! Check this out my detailed report for past 3 months of ownership. Page 3 contains all the photos anybody can ask for. (Used all 30pictures per post number)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-review.html

(Beware, I am VTU engineer aswell! BTW i became BHPian with this post Hooray!)

Thanks
Ekz
I have checked your post. Just didn't go to page 3. But now I have and yes, does look nice indeed! Good, creative thinking!
Old 8th September 2012, 16:13   #29
BHPian

Well not the entire thinking of mine was put into act here! I wanted to have the Honda Logo painted White, but the accessories guy refused! I will be overlaying hood with carbon fiber vinyl very soon so thought a little white honda badge would look more classy. May be i will get it done outside somewhere. Probably Sai Colorium which i am planning to visit in order to check for Projectors from Mr.RKR. This look will hold until then.

Regards
Ekz
Old 8th September 2012, 23:38   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well not the entire thinking of mine was put into act here! I wanted to have the Honda Logo painted White, but the accessories guy refused! I will be overlaying hood with carbon fiber vinyl very soon so thought a little white honda badge would look more classy. May be i will get it done outside somewhere. Probably Sai Colorium which i am planning to visit in order to check for Projectors from Mr.RKR. This look will hold until then.

Regards
Ekz
Hmmm, but won't projectors void warranty? I did read one of the senior members here say that Honda is very finicky regarding their warranty claims. So tread with caution I'd say. Just verify with the service chap once before you make a movie. A hood and carbon fiber vinyl always goes well. Good taste!

Also, the mileage indicator shows 12kmpl now. I'm learning to use the clutch and brakes far lesser now after reading this post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...e-driving.html

UPDATE: The fuel gauge issue is not really an issue. The fuel gauge only activates only if you have 8L of fuel in the car. We filled for 1000 recently and the Fuel Gauge needle shot up instantly.
Bottom Line: Fill more petrol!

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 9th September 2012 at 00:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks