Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2012, 09:57   #31
BHPian

Re: Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
UPDATE: The fuel gauge issue is not really an issue. The fuel gauge only activates only if you have 8L of fuel in the car. We filled for 1000 recently and the Fuel Gauge needle shot up instantly.
Bottom Line: Fill more petrol!
I second that. I drove away from the showroom with only the 5 litre complimentary petrol for around 16 kms, with the fuel gauge at Empty throughout . Did a full tank at a neighbourhood petrol pump for 35 litres, and the gauge zoomed to Full
Old 9th September 2012, 20:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkurup View Post
I second that. I drove away from the showroom with only the 5 litre complimentary petrol for around 16 kms, with the fuel gauge at Empty throughout . Did a full tank at a neighbourhood petrol pump for 35 litres, and the gauge zoomed to Full
Yeah, but when you're close to empty and fill for 500, you'll notice that the needle won't even budge. This doesn't mean that the person hasn't filled fuel, he has, but the car doesn't register it!
Old 15th October 2012, 20:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

The Jazz has been X Kitted!
Pics coming sometime this week.
Old 23rd October 2012, 22:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Pics of the car with the X Kit.

Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home-img_0497.jpg

Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home-img_0499.jpg

Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home-img_0500.jpg

Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home-img_0501.jpg

Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home-img_0502.jpg

A few comparisons of before X Kit and after X Kit:

Spoiler:

Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home-c1.jpg

Front Grille:

Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home-c2.jpg

Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home-comp3.jpg

Update: One of the tyres have been rendered useless after the sidewall got cut somehow. Brother says he hit a pothole and the tyre went flat immediately. He pulled over to the side and swapped with the spare tyre. Went to Tyre Professionals, Basavanagudi and they showed me the cut on the sidewall and told me nothing could be done. Need to get a new one now. They claimed 4700 for the new tyre. Is that ok?
The make is a 175/65 MRF ZVTV tyre.

Is it possible for us to to put a tube inside it and then use it in case of emergencies?

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 23rd October 2012 at 22:53.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 12:48   #35
BHPian

Ashwin, the X-kit does lend a lot more character to the Jazz. Looks so much better.

Side wall punctures generally cannot be repaired and its best to get a new one. However you can put in a tube and keep it as a spare, however the spare wouldn't be safe to use on highway drives. Best is to get a new one.

OT - In the 4th pic, I happened to spot a garlanded Rolls Royce.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 13:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Well, we have decided to get a new tyre anyway. Too risky depending on a compromised tyre.

Yes, Rolls Royce Ghost it is. Here I was thinking the selective colouring would make people miss it. Oh well, forgot this is T-BHP.
Old 4th November 2012, 15:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

I've a query, in the rear, the middle portion of the rear seats is slightly elevated and sort of prevents 3 people from sitting comfortably. What is the purpose of this elevation and can it be gotten rid of? If so, where?
Old 20th November 2012, 12:18   #38
BHPian

Quote:
I've a query, in the rear, the middle portion of the rear seats is slightly elevated and sort of prevents 3 people from sitting comfortably. What is the purpose of this elevation and can it be gotten rid of? If so, where?
The purpose - i am not so sure. But i think rather than raising the middle portion, what they had intended was to carve a niche for 2 corner seats that raised the middle portion.
I dont think this cant be taken off - unless you can replace the complete seat with a custom seat. Jazz seats are different from others cars - Magic seats - both parts can be turned.
Old 20th November 2012, 16:33   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
The purpose - i am not so sure. But i think rather than raising the middle portion, what they had intended was to carve a niche for 2 corner seats that raised the middle portion.
I dont think this cant be taken off - unless you can replace the complete seat with a custom seat. Jazz seats are different from others cars - Magic seats - both parts can be turned.
The whole seat? Wouldn't it be possible to go to some upholstery place, get them to remove the seat covers and just slice off the extra portion?
Old 20th November 2012, 17:53   #40
BHPian

Congrats ashwin. Great choice and great write up.
I had called up Dakshin Honda for a TD last weekend, but no response!

Can you let me know the total cost of the car including taxes and insurance? Also, how was the dealership experience? As stated by many, I also want a premium hatch rather than a compromised sedan. One thing that turns me off is there is absolutely no discount available on Jazz anywhere!
Also what is your opinion about the Bluetooth kit and reverse parking sensors?
Old 21st November 2012, 11:35   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post

Can you let me know the total cost of the car including taxes and insurance? Also, how was the dealership experience? As stated by many, I also want a premium hatch rather than a compromised sedan. One thing that turns me off is there is absolutely no discount available on Jazz anywhere!
Call up Magnum Honda(@Kanakpura Road) if you want a TD! Dakshin can be a pain in the behind and they wont respond at all if you call them up. All you will get is call backs from them asking if you had the TD and if you reply No then their response will be like "OK sir i will ask my sales executive to call you" and boom no calls after that!!!

Regarding costs, well Honda have increased the prices recently so there might be discounts for all you know !!!
shadows123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 22:22   #42

Ashwin, congrats on your baby! It looks amazing. Guess Jazz is the only car I've ever tried to see from all angles other than the fine ladies in Bangalore! So it's Jazz all the way, baby! I booked my UT from Magnum on Sep 15, 2012. And, sigggh, I'm yet to hear any good news. The only not-so-good news I heard was the 15k hike...bummer! I've booked a UT Select as I didn't really mind the beige interiors in a rather dark looking car. I'll definitely get in touch with you so I can polish off my write-up and make it look as jazzy as my new car! Cheers, man, and happy driving!
Old 14th January 2013, 17:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks! And sorry for the delay, I seem to have missed your post unfortunately.
Dakshin Honda was very obliging when I called them. They were even ready to get the car to my house for a Test Drive. I suggest you try once more.
The car cost us around 8.05L I think. We opted for the Bumper-to-Bumper insurance so that cost us around 4k extra. Dealership experience was very good, we were handled by Mr. Harish from the Hosur Road Dakshin Honda branch, a very nice chap. Was always obliging and never threw a fit. Don't even think about a discount on the Jazz, you will never find one!
The Bluetooth kit is average at best, the person on the other end sometimes can't hear us. But we don't use it much to be honest. Me and my brother are sticklers for road rules.
I suggest you drop by at their showroom once to show that you're genuinely interested. I'm not suggesting you aren't, but you know how some people can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Call up Magnum Honda(@Kanakpura Road) if you want a TD! Dakshin can be a pain in the behind and they wont respond at all if you call them up. All you will get is call backs from them asking if you had the TD and if you reply No then their response will be like "OK sir i will ask my sales executive to call you" and boom no calls after that!!!

Regarding costs, well Honda have increased the prices recently so there might be discounts for all you know !!!
I do doubt Honda will offer discounts on the Jazz. I'm not sure if ours was a one off incident with Dakshin Honda then, where we were treated really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithurao View Post
Ashwin, congrats on your baby! It looks amazing. Guess Jazz is the only car I've ever tried to see from all angles other than the fine ladies in Bangalore! So it's Jazz all the way, baby! I booked my UT from Magnum on Sep 15, 2012. And, sigggh, I'm yet to hear any good news. The only not-so-good news I heard was the 15k hike...bummer! I've booked a UT Select as I didn't really mind the beige interiors in a rather dark looking car. I'll definitely get in touch with you so I can polish off my write-up and make it look as jazzy as my new car! Cheers, man, and happy driving!
Haha, Jazz on wheels and women on heels eh? September 15th and still no show? I hope you're persisting with the Showroom then. It's been quite a while. By the looks of things, it seems like I had a delightful experience while buying my car! Haha, yes, always happy to help!

An update: The car hasn't even completed 1000km yet. It's just been sitting around at home for the most part. The mileage shows as 11.5km with AC on and off. No issues cropping up yet.
Old 16th January 2013, 12:30   #44
BHPian

Quote:
The whole seat? Wouldn't it be possible to go to some upholstery place, get them to remove the seat covers and just slice off the extra portion?
if you notice the cushioning in the middle portion itself is minimal.. so i guess possibility of scrapping it goes down. But yes - you could consider improving the cushioning of the side wells. But from advice i have received, its not good to put on these items unless they come in one piece - otherwise any differential movement between different parts have an effect on the passengers as well.
Unless you are a person with regular 5 passenger user, this shouldnt be so much of a concern.
Old 19th January 2013, 08:24   #45
BHPian

Quote:
It's been a while since I last visited this thread and hence apologies for a late response on this one.

I have a car kit installed (Motorola T325) and have been using it for 6 months now. It works just as it is supposed to and I won't feel comfortable driving without one because of the convenience it offers.the sound clarity and volume are top notch given the fact that I drive both on highways and the chaotic lanes of Bombay.

Most Viewed