Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2012, 14:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Vermillion Red BMW 320D

Did a Bangalore Tirupati trip in my friends new Audi Q3. Amazing machine, enjoyed the drive. Uploading some snaps. Detailed comments and more snaps are at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-14.html

Jr. Loved it

My Vermillion Red BMW 320D-imag0292.jpg

My Vermillion Red BMW 320D-imag0296.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
My Vermillion Red BMW 320D-imag0295.jpg  

Old 8th October 2012, 14:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Filled 32ps on all 4 wheels, ride I feel is smother than earlier. BTW I am always getting mileage less (around 1 km) than what is shown by the on-board computer, is this normal?
Old 8th October 2012, 15:03   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Filled 32ps on all 4 wheels, ride I feel is smother than earlier. BTW I am always getting mileage less (around 1 km) than what is shown by the on-board computer, is this normal?
I'm pretty sure that the difference of 1 kmpl is well within range of acceptability. My ANHC is generally off by about 1.5 KMPL i.e. MID shows 15.5 kmpl when actually calculations show 14 kmpl.
abs182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 15:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
I'm pretty sure that the difference of 1 kmpl is well within range of acceptability. My ANHC is generally off by about 1.5 KMPL i.e. MID shows 15.5 kmpl when actually calculations show 14 kmpl.
Agree that an offset of 1 to 1.5 kms is acceptable limit, but if all are having this issue, why don’t BM change the calibration accordingly OR do they want us to have the feeling of having a higher FE
Old 14th January 2013, 17:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a wheel allignment guy for Beemer in Bangalore (preferable in South Bangalore), Navanit is quoting 7K plus for the job which I thought is expensive..
Old 14th January 2013, 17:25   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looking for a wheel allignment guy for Beemer in Bangalore (preferable in South Bangalore), Navanit is quoting 7K plus for the job which I thought is expensive..
Madhus has a jaynagar branch or drop into Langford road branch. They will be your best option.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 17:37   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

At the risk of sounding stupid, Is wheel alignment different for a BMW? 7k for wheel alignment is daylight robbery even for BMW.
Old 14th January 2013, 17:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Madhus has a jaynagar branch or drop into Langford road branch. They will be your best option.
Many thanks, trying to locate the Jayanagar branch, will be great if you can provide pointers and contacts if any
Old 14th January 2013, 20:26   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Many thanks, trying to locate the Jayanagar branch, will be great if you can provide pointers and contacts if any
Would suggest you go to the Langford road showroom since you see more high end cars there. Jaynagar may not be as proficient as the Langford road ones.

Also, I believe Langford road has the first road force balancing machine to wheel balancing.

Langford road showroom is just below the Richmond road flyover when you go towards Double road on the left side. You can't miss it.
Old 14th January 2013, 20:37   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest you head to Madhus on Langford road. They are your best bet.Cost will be 250 bucks for alignment.Service is top notch.Also you can try out their new Road force balancer machine to get your wheels balanced. I am sure Alignment+Balancing wont cost you more than 1000 bucks including weights!
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 12:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
At the risk of sounding stupid, Is wheel alignment different for a BMW? 7k for wheel alignment is daylight robbery even for BMW.
Yes, it is.. That's why I am looking for alternate option. You know, even with these rates, Navanet motors have a 2 week waiting list for allignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Would suggest you go to the Langford road showroom since you see more high end cars there. Jaynagar may not be as proficient as the Langford road ones.

Also, I believe Langford road has the first road force balancing machine to wheel balancing.

Langford road showroom is just below the Richmond road flyover when you go towards Double road on the left side. You can't miss it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I would suggest you head to Madhus on Langford road. They are your best bet.Cost will be 250 bucks for alignment.Service is top notch.Also you can try out their new Road force balancer machine to get your wheels balanced. I am sure Alignment+Balancing wont cost you more than 1000 bucks including weights!
Many thanks, that is going to save me around 6K , will go to Langford, please let me know if there is any specifc person to be contacted and the # if I need to do a advance booking
Old 15th January 2013, 18:05   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it is.. That's why I am looking for alternate option. You know, even with these rates, Navanet motors have a 2 week waiting list for allignment

Many thanks, that is going to save me around 6K , will go to Langford, please let me know if there is any specifc person to be contacted and the # if I need to do a advance booking

If you are going on a weekend then suggest you call them up for appointment. Contact BHPian Nikhilb2008 . He is the owner of the place. PM him if you have any queries.He will be more than happy to help you
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 06:22   #43
BHPian

Beautiful car! Congrats! I love that red color. Safe and happy motoring!

If you don't mind, would you be able to tell me the On Road Price that you paid and break-up (ex-showroom, discounts, tax etc.) if possible?
Old 6th April 2013, 11:29   #44
BHPian

No updates after owning a fantastic driving machine!! very bad also you are missing in action from a long time!
Old 6th April 2013, 13:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
No updates after owning a fantastic driving machine!! very bad also you are missing in action from a long time!
Raj...Now in Coorg, waiting for some Coorg cuisine. Completed 15k and 1 year in Beemer yesterday, will post an update soon..

Name:  ForumRunner_20130406_183754.png
Views: 1530
Size:  585.9 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks