Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2014, 10:02   #436
BHPian

Re: Used Civic AT (2006) - My First Automatic

Attaching a few pictures of the car. This is after the bumper repainting.

3M continues to disappoint - though the paint job looks decent, they have managed to put color marks on the inside door frame and fog lamp keys (did not notice in the dark yesterday) and also on the windshield. Went to them last evening and got it all wiped clean. He has offered to also paint alloys to mat black for 2.2k per wheel !

Just received my key chains and stickers from team-bhp, will paste them within a day or two and post more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Frankmehta's Practical Workhorse: Honda Civic AT CNG. EDIT: Sold!-image1.jpeg  

Frankmehta's Practical Workhorse: Honda Civic AT CNG. EDIT: Sold!-image.jpeg  

Frankmehta's Practical Workhorse: Honda Civic AT CNG. EDIT: Sold!-photo.jpg  

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 27th May 2014 at 10:02.
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 10:49   #437
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic car Vizz. The front grill makes a whole lot of difference and the skirts further enhance the sporty look of this car. I have always liked the Civic with minimal mods. Your car has nothing over-the-top and looks elegant.

A small suggestion, if you like, then go in for removal of monograms from the boot except for the Honda logo and gloss black finish on the roof. I was also suggested by my friends here to do the same on my City I-vtec and it really looked good.

Thanks.
Old 26th May 2014, 10:50   #438
BHPian

congratulations on the purchase.
The car looks to be in good condition.
Wishing you many miles of trouble free drives.
Old 26th May 2014, 12:20   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Fantastic car Vizz. The front grill makes a whole lot of difference and the skirts further enhance the sporty look of this car. I have always liked the Civic with minimal mods. Your car has nothing over-the-top and looks elegant.

A small suggestion, if you like, then go in for removal of monograms from the boot except for the Honda logo and gloss black finish on the roof. I was also suggested by my friends here to do the same on my City I-vtec and it really looked good.

Thanks.
Thanks !
I do plan on removing monograms , but will do that when I am going for an exterior detailing / polish job. The roof I am slightly skeptical about, since cops in Mumbai are known for pulling out cars and laying fines for anything that does not look stock (for the front grill my excuse is that someone stole the logo )

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 26th May 2014 at 15:07.
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 12:27   #440
Senior - BHPian

That is a lot of car for the money paid. If I was you I would have taken the plung myself purely on impulse. Congrats!
Old 26th May 2014, 12:29   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Thanks !
The roof I am slightly skeptical about, since cops in Mumbai are known for pulling out cars and laying fines for anything that does not look stock (for the front grill my excuse is that someone stole the logo)
Funny!! You may put across a logic in the case of roof too i.e tell them Black Vinyl on the roof protects the paint from fading away (to a good extent it is logical in reality too) and protects the roof from getting scratched by bird claws.

Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 17:50   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Funny!! You may put across a logic in the case of roof too i.e tell them Black Vinyl on the roof protects the paint from fading away (to a good extent it is logical in reality too) and protects the roof from getting scratched by bird claws.

Thanks

I will definitely try to do that

Any tips on alloy wheels, is it ok to re-paint at 9k or just replace at 18-20k?
Old 28th May 2014, 19:14   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Any tips on alloy wheels, is it ok to re-paint at 9k or just replace at 18-20k?
Vizz, In my opinion there is no point spending 20k on new alloys as the present set looks in good shape and the design also looks good. I would recommend to paint them in smoke Black or in Matte Black.

Also, if possible then bargain on the cost of painting the alloys. I think painting 4 alloys should not cost more than 7.5 to 8k.

Thanks.
Old 20th August 2014, 12:12   #444
BHPian

re: Frankmehta's Practical Workhorse: Honda Civic AT CNG. EDIT: Sold!

What all is done in tuning of sequential kit? As it's ECU based I feel only plugs and air filter is cleaned as other parameters are ECU based and will not be changed in driving in. If laptop or any other device is connected to ecu to re-program it then which all settings should be checked?
Old 20th August 2014, 21:55   #445
BHPian

re: Frankmehta's Practical Workhorse: Honda Civic AT CNG. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Average on earlier map was about 11-15 km/kg. Going up to 20 km/kg in long, traffic free drives.
Now, she's driven primarily by my wife (I just got married a month ago) who doesn't like to rev the nuts off her so the average will be much better. She drives 75-80 km a day and yesterday was her first day with it alone. She did 80 km before the 2nd light went out. So, I should count the new tune up and her sedate driving responsible for a respectable average of about 14-16 km/kg on a daily basis. Works out to a paltry Rs. 2.2-3 per km everyday.
I am still amazed at your mileage returns, I have never gotten as much as that, still think there must be something I am doing wrong. I look forward to your guidance and inputs. Mr. Jain said your car is superb when it comes to adjustments with the CNG kit and that some cars just outperform others.

Also, and I feel like a total git for saying this right at the end, but many congratulations on your wedding, have a great life ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derezzed View Post
I am now confused whether to go for a Manual or an Automatic transmission. I request bhpians inputs on helping me decide.
I do plan to install the CNG kit and am clueless about its performance on AT vs MT.
As someone who has a Civic AT with CNG, I say that despite a few niggles, you should absolutely go for it. It is a beautiful car to drive, and the automatic is much more relaxing than a manual.
Powerwise I have not noticed much difference pre Cng and post.
Transmission fluid is an issue I have not had much to do with thus far. I will take it up with Honda this time around and see if it is something that needs to be dealt with.

If you want comfortable, affordable driving in the crowded streets of Mumbai, AT Civic-Cng is the way to go I think. And if you can get somehow get Frank's amazing mileage, that would be even better.
Anghammarad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 21:44   #446
BHPian

Re: Frankmehta's Practical Workhorse: Honda Civic AT CNG. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghammarad View Post
I am still amazed at your mileage returns, I have never gotten as much as that, still think there must be something I am doing wrong. I look forward to your guidance and inputs. Mr. Jain said your car is superb when it comes to adjustments with the CNG kit and that some cars just outperform others.

Also, and I feel like a total git for saying this right at the end, but many congratulations on your wedding, have a great life ahead.

As someone who has a Civic AT with CNG, I say that despite a few niggles, you should absolutely go for it. It is a beautiful car to drive, and the automatic is much more relaxing than a manual.
Powerwise I have not noticed much difference pre Cng and post.
Transmission fluid is an issue I have not had much to do with thus far. I will take it up with Honda this time around and see if it is something that needs to be dealt with.

If you want comfortable, affordable driving in the crowded streets of Mumbai, AT Civic-Cng is the way to go I think. And if you can get somehow get Frank's amazing mileage, that would be even better.
I am contemplating going for a sequential CNG kit soon for cheaper daily drives but am still skeptical about any engine/transmission issues that may creep up.

Mod Note: Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.
We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th October 2014 at 07:57.
Old 20th September 2014, 20:06   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Spark plugs is something that makes a huge difference to the performance of the car when it is on a alternate fuel like cng. Don't bother about the iridium part. We used normal ngk spark plugs and she drove just fine. I changed them every 10000 km.

She's gone..... The car's sold. To a very happy owner. We miss her atleast once a day. Lion hearted, super fun and bulletproof she was. One of the best things to happen to us. Sadly, she's now settled with her new owner. Hope he takes as good care of her as we did.
Thank you so much for this blog. The question remains pending for those considering CNG conversion: why did you sell your Civic when it was in such good condition? Were there any issues you faced as it doesn't make sense to downgrade to a Swift diesel from a Civic?
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 09:22   #448
Senior - BHPian

It was a 2007 Civic. After a few years of use, the suspension does sag and the amount of travelling I did, forced a lot of suspension components to wear faster than I would have liked. Engine and CNG conversion wise, TOUCHWOOD!
The Swift is a year old. Expect it on the classifieds in the next 2 or 3 days. I am taking delivery of a new angel on Thursday. Watch this space for more details :-)
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 07:40   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was a 2007 Civic. After a few years of use, the suspension does sag and the amount of travelling I did, forced a lot of suspension components to wear faster than I would have liked. Engine and CNG conversion wise, TOUCHWOOD!
The Swift is a year old. Expect it on the classifieds in the next 2 or 3 days. I am taking delivery of a new angel on Thursday. Watch this space for more details :-)
Awaiting details on your new car . I wonder what it would be now. From a lay man and common Indian perspective after driving a sedan one would not really be happy driving a hatch back but then we are bhpians aren't we.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 12th October 2014 at 07:41.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 10:07   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Awaiting details on your new car . I wonder what it would be now. From a lay man and common Indian perspective after driving a sedan one would not really be happy driving a hatch back but then we are bhpians aren't we.
I don't know but i missed your Avatar and i now know what it is..? You chosen to Cruze haven't you...:-)

But a question on the Civic. Didn't you get the suspension overhauled since you cited suspension components wear and tear as one of the reasons for you to consider selling it off.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 12th October 2014 at 10:17.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks