Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2013, 22:55   #301
BHPian

re: Frankmehta's Practical Workhorse: Honda Civic AT CNG. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghammarad View Post
Don't know how to go about sending Private messages on here but you can send me one with a contact and ill call you back :-p
Other than that I will be posting the details once it's done.
I'm unable to find a way to contact you as both email and pm are not showing for your id. Just try and check if you can mail or pm me.
Old 29th January 2013, 23:01   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I'm unable to find a way to contact you as both email and pm are not showing for your id. Just try and check if you can mail or pm me.
If the moderator seeing this could refrain from posting my number publically and pass it on to saurabhkum that would be appreciated tyvm. I am unable to pm him so far

PS: Please just pm him this if it is not too much of a bother, I am not sure if my account is on probation of some kind, but I am unable to send private messages.
Thanks very much.
Old 30th January 2013, 01:32   #303
Senior - BHPian

See these photos. Kind of goes with what I am talking about.. Except for the part about efficiency. The high output cam torque wave begins from 3500 RPM but the economy zone is from 1000-3500 RPM
Attached Thumbnails
Frankmehta's Practical Workhorse: Honda Civic AT CNG. EDIT: Sold!-ivtec2.jpg  

Frankmehta's Practical Workhorse: Honda Civic AT CNG. EDIT: Sold!-ivtec3.jpg  

Last edited by frankmehta : 30th January 2013 at 01:34.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 12:57   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
See these photos. Kind of goes with what I am talking about.. Except for the part about efficiency. The high output cam torque wave begins from 3500 RPM but the economy zone is from 1000-3500 RPM
Yup, these were the exact same graphs I had in mind when I read your post. So the "efficient" band when the iVtec kicks in is 1k - 3.5k rpm range also taking into account throttle input.
BTW, i'll be calling up Suraj Autogas soon to book an appointment for CNG kit servicing.
Old 30th January 2013, 20:20   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Yup, these were the exact same graphs I had in mind when I read your post. So the "efficient" band when the iVtec kicks in is 1k - 3.5k rpm range also taking into account throttle input.
BTW, i'll be calling up Suraj Autogas soon to book an appointment for CNG kit servicing.
I will be picking up my vehicle from them tommorow.
The price has dropped to 57 now, apparently the CNG Cylinder is cheaper ( As I was informed, but do ask Mr. Jain for confirmation)
All in all, they seem to be very helpful and efficient. Will know more once I get the vehicle back.
Old 30th January 2013, 22:54   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will be picking up my vehicle from them tommorow.
The price has dropped to 57 now, apparently the CNG Cylinder is cheaper ( As I was informed, but do ask Mr. Jain for confirmation)
All in all, they seem to be very helpful and efficient. Will know more once I get the vehicle back.
Was at Suraj for a while today. Getting a checkup. Saw your white Civic today. 2011 model right? Looks a million bucks. Hopefully you'll enjoy driving it tomorrow.
Anyway, I went there for a checkup today and they diagnosed that I have a small leak in one of the hoses. They took half an hour to replace it and didn't charge for it at all. The installers there are pros and I didn't even think twice before allowing them to open up the air box, uninstall it, and then check for any other leaks around the injectors. Highly professional and quite effective as well.
They cleaned up my spark plugs, blew some compressed air onto my air filter and tightened all hoses and nuts.
Drove away and reallized how effective a simple air filter and spark plug clean up can be, in making the car more responsive and sound very healthy. The guy who replaced the hose also told me the new hose (the one going to the CNG map sensor) had the leak, hence the car will drive better and run a more efficient Gas-Air mixture.
Old 31st January 2013, 03:45   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Was at Suraj for a while today. Getting a checkup. Saw your white Civic today. 2011 model right? Looks a million bucks. Hopefully you'll enjoy driving it tomorrow.
Heh, yes that's the one. And thank you, it cost a wee bit more than a million bucks, i'm going to go with depreciation
I'm rather excited about getting it back tomorrow actually, I was supposed to head there today, but had a meeting so couldn't.

A demain.
Old 31st January 2013, 09:53   #308
BHPian

Frank,

I believe in your setup TAP ( Timing Advance Processor) is not installed, I've read in few reviews that Sequential Kit with TAP works as good as running on Petrol in terms of performance, any idea on this?
Old 31st January 2013, 10:48   #309
Senior - BHPian

From what I was told by Mr jain, a TAP is used only in cars that are already underpowered while running on petrol. For a car like a civic or an accord, a tap was not required, esp when they are running on Sequential kits
Old 7th February 2013, 11:27   #310
Senior - BHPian

Hello Frank,

Just a quick question, though a little off-topic to this thread.

The Civic you have bought is 2007 model & the registration number of your Car is MH 02 BD 1XXX. Now to the best of my knowledge MH 02 BD series was issued by RTO Andheri some time during January to April 2010. I know this because my bike of August 2010 has number - MH 02 BU XXXX & my Car of September 2010 has registration number - MH 02 BV XXXX.

How come your Car of year 2007 has registration number as MH 02 BD XXXX was it originally registered in some other state & then transferred to Mumbai in 2010?

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 12:24   #311
BHPian

Finally I've send my car today for cng conversion. Frank, I should really thank you for showing us or leading the path on cng conversion for Civic. I'm getting exactly the same kit and other stuff as used by you. Will keep everyone posted on this. Mostly will be getting the car back on Saturday.
saurabhkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 13:13   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Frank,

Just a quick question, though a little off-topic to this thread.

The Civic you have bought is 2007 model & the registration number of your Car is MH 02 BD 1XXX. Now to the best of my knowledge MH 02 BD series was issued by RTO Andheri some time during January to April 2010. I know this because my bike of August 2010 has number - MH 02 BU XXXX & my Car of September 2010 has registration number - MH 02 BV XXXX.

How come your Car of year 2007 has registration number as MH 02 BD XXXX was it originally registered in some other state & then transferred to Mumbai in 2010?

Thanks,
I have a Nov 2007 Spark with MH02 BD series.
In early 2010 the series was BJ/BM/BP. Somewhere in between the JP series also came.

Cheers.

Last edited by StrangeWizard : 7th February 2013 at 13:14.
Old 8th February 2013, 11:47   #313
BHPian

Frank, There is one plate which is issued by RTO for CNG cars, this is done after endorsement of CNG is done on your RC book. Has this process completed for you? I believe without that plate it's difficult to get CNG filled in the vehicle
Old 11th February 2013, 23:50   #314
BHPian

Hello Frank,

Can your setup be replicated on a 2005 Honda Accord Vti-L AT
Jimmy_u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 20:05   #315
BHPian

Bro,

Hope you got your car back with the CNG kit .plz let us know ur reviews, u may start a new thread as well,as i guess i am one of the long list of Civic owners in line for a CNG conversion

Quote:
Heh, yes that's the one. And thank you, it cost a wee bit more than a million bucks, i'm going to go with depreciation
I'm rather excited about getting it back tomorrow actually, I was supposed to head there today, but had a meeting so couldn't.

A demain.
lancer_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks