Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2013, 14:10   #31
BHPian

Re: 9700 km up and 10k service done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Glad to read that the car is treating you well so far. How has been the customer experience at Toyota dealership/service center so far? Is it as legendary as its known to be?

Haha AJ: See the confidence. We always re-confirm on the dealer and not even think on the Jap cars. If you read the review, its not do good with DSK this time :(
Old 7th May 2013, 14:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rare-one View Post
Haha AJ: See the confidence. We always re-confirm on the dealer and not even think on the Jap cars. If you read the review, its not do good with DSK this time :(
Most of the times, it is THE main factor. For instance, in my case, Vista is a fabulous product and I have not spend a single rupee outside of normal servicing in all of the 40k KMs on the odo. But, Pandit Auto sucks at CRM. Similarly, even though the products such as Vento and Duster are damn good, the overall experience is screwed by the dealership at most places in India. Hence, the question.
Old 7th May 2013, 15:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
4. While I was looking for getting the shocks/springs changed under warranty, they confirmed with ref to lot numbers about my car having the newer setup already. There is some front shock recoil noise if I go fast on the speed breakers, but that probably is normal. For the rear shocks, the right one had small leak and was changed under warranty. The entire suspension setup was re-looked at and confirmed all ok. The car definately felt tighter on the road.
Front shock re-coil should TOTALLY GO if you have the new front suspension setup. I bought my Liva during end Nov, 2012. And the car did not come with the new suspension setup. If you have bought the vehicle before that, its for sure that the car does not have the new front suspension. So, please check and get it replaced under warranty. I got my suspension changed already and its a pleasure to drive over speed breakers now with the relatively stiffer suspension and no noise.

I am yet to do my 10K service in DSK. My general experience has been very good so far with them.
sups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 00:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Front shock re-coil should TOTALLY GO if you have the new front suspension setup. I bought my Liva during end Nov, 2012. And the car did not come with the new suspension setup.
Yes, true. There would not be any recoil noise. Just insist.
subratasenn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 11:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
Yes, true. There would not be any recoil noise. Just insist.
@Sups / Subratansenn : Thanks for the input. Will definitely push this. I bought the Liva in Sep 2012 and it makes the case.
Old 8th May 2013, 12:18   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Sups / Subratansenn : Thanks for the input. Will definitely push this. I bought the Liva in Sep 2012 and it makes the case.
There is no noise with the new suspension. The service center may be pulling a fast one!
Speaking of dashboard rattle, I had it too, and guess what I found, a coin had found its way to the small gap in front of the speedometer. I wonder why Toyota made such a glaring mistake where small objects can get lodged in the area just ahead of the speedometer.
Just check if there is no foreign object lodged there.
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 11:31   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
There is no noise with the new suspension. The service center may be pulling a fast one!
Speaking of dashboard rattle, I had it too, and guess what I found, a coin had found its way to the small gap in front of the speedometer. I wonder why Toyota made such a glaring mistake where small objects can get lodged in the area just ahead of the speedometer.
Just check if there is no foreign object lodged there.
Thanks tsk: I did a slow/fast test drive over varied speed breakers and even some bumps today and found out the noise I had complained about is not all gone. Its muted to certain level but not off which is how I would like it. Definite TO DO.

Have checked for "things" inside and the rattle is with the head unit brackets / cables inside. If the service center is not able to fix that, I will get it done outside from a friend who runs an accessories shop. Also I have a doubt if they really opened the entire dash and fixed it back. Its possible to do it in a day for sure, but even then the rattle is still there :(
Old 13th May 2013, 12:40   #38
BHPian

re: My Toyota Liva GD SP (2012 Refresh model)

update 13/May/2013:

I called up DSK Toyota for a feedback on the 10k service and the customer care was extremely helpful and apologised for the problems not being solved as I had mentioned.

They offered to pick up the car on 16th May, but I decided to go there myself today (cannot take a chance as I am travelling this weekend and I need the car) and the experience was as expected, true Toyota Happy again.

The SA was helpful in noting down the issues which did not get resolved last time and put me with a technician for an extensive test drive. Following has been reported and acknowledged:

1. Front suspension recoil noise - they are replacing both shocks in warranty.
2. Dash board front facia / music system unit rattle - they had not removed the entire dash last time. Aparently there is the meter console area which can be opened and refitted without having to remove the airbags and front facia / music system and that was done last time. They are going to remove the music system and the front panel and refit it with packing.
3. Disable reverse horn - This will be fixed as needed. So I will have the chirps and siren ON again. Only the reverse horn will be disabled.
4. The rear middle seat and rear left seat have the seat belt locks of different sizes. Middle seat belt lock is of smaller size and hence it wont fit into the other one. SA demonstrated and it worked like charm. (My kiddo will be happy too)

Hope that this time all things work out. Will update once I get back the car today evening (less likely) or tomorrow.

Thank you all for you inputs. TBHP/TBHPians Rocks !
the-rare-one is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 19:47   #39
BHPian

re: My Toyota Liva GD SP (2012 Refresh model)

update 15th May:

I got the car delivered to my office on 14th May afternoon. I have driven it about 50 kms after that and it feels MUTED

The front suspension noise is all vanished. The difference is evident in handling. Its improved by a good margin. But this is at the cost of little bumpy ride in slow speed on not so good roads. But I am loving it !

The dashboard noise is gone too. Feels so much better and new car like now. Did not have this feel inside cabin as the dasboard/music system rattle was there from day one. Hope this remains muted now.

Reverse horn is disabled as needed. There is a connection with the reverse light which the SA told has been disconneted to do this. Chirps (lock/unlock) and siren remains ON.

Zero charges for all the work done. Did not even need to give smile pack coupon for free drop or for dash board rattle removal labor. All taken care by the Customer Care at DSK Toyota as grievance redress. I like it.

Last edited by the-rare-one : 15th May 2013 at 19:50. Reason: Added Reverse horn update
the-rare-one is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 14:39   #40
BHPian

Re: My Toyota Liva GD SP (2012 Refresh model)

update 28th May 2013:

Had been to Kalyan/Dombivali over the last week. The car felt silent on the expressway. No rattles anymore.

The new front suspension setup definately has much better tuning and the handling of the car has improved by a big margin. Its noticable even to a non petrol head like me

Its now time to take her to 3M for underbody coat inspection. Maybe will do the wash and clean too. This or the next weekend.
Old 9th December 2013, 12:52   #41
BHPian

update 9/Dec:

Again late for this :(

Got the car serviced in Nov 2013 at 19700 kms at DSK Bavdhan.

1. Switched to fully synthetic oil (Toyota brand - Rs. 3.x k + taxes, got movie tickets free)
2. Had front right wheel vibrations (had hit a pothole at high speed) - car had to be re-sent for alignment as they did not do it correctly at service - DSK arranged for pick-up n drop
3. the rear parcel tray rattle - it still does, DSK accessories guy could not help - will need to find time to get it done outside
4. I did not renew the smiles package - have really not used the one I got in the first year.

Otherwise its been a consistent (boringly) 17.5 to 18 km/lit mileage and absolute trouble free ride so far
the-rare-one is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 22:06   #42
BHPian

Quote:
update 9/Dec:

Otherwise its been a consistent (boringly) 17.5 to 18 km/lit mileage and absolute trouble free ride so far
I agree with you here. Liva is such an incident-free boring car. I too have similar experience of boringly 17.5 to 18.5 km/lit in city traffic at 22.7 K on my odo.
Old 20th June 2014, 13:08   #43
BHPian

Update as on 16th June - 30k service (Cost Rs.4332 only)

Work done:
1. Regular 30k service (AC filter replaced, rest all clean and refit)
2. Wiper blade rubber change only
3. Wheel alignment and balancing (4 tyre rotation)
4. Rear left speaker had rattle (fixed)

When I went to drop the car at DSK Toyota, I was offered a guided tour of the service station. It was amazing to see the cars get that QUALITY treatment. To add to all this, when I took the delivery I was gifted a Toyota branded Laptop Bag.

My car "the-new-one" has hold up its T badge expectations of being utterly reliable and predictable car. I am really happy to have chosen the Liva.

This time the 10k kms came up in 8 months. Car is still to complete 2 years. And I am somehow happy that I have put 30k kms already on this car in such a short time. Ofcourse its nothing compared to the Petrol heads on TBHP

Getting the same mileage figures of 17-18 kms/lit in Pune traffic. The highway runs though are 20+ @ 100 km/hour drives. And drop down to 17-18 if I push it to 120 km/hour speeds. Pushing the car to high speeds is RARE for me.

Last edited by the-rare-one : 20th June 2014 at 13:11. Reason: forgot to mention the gift
Old 2nd July 2014, 15:43   #44
BHPian

Accident Story:

I met with an accident in the the-new-one yesterday (1st July 2014) in Hinjewadi at Mindtree crossing while going from Phase 1 to Phase 2.

I was waiting on the divider side at the crossing for signal (no actual signal there, traffic cops man it at rush hours). There was a Maruti Eco taxi waiting behind me at safe distance. A Tata Sumo taxi behind it was unable to brake in time and bumped into the Eco which inturn bumped into my car.

After hearing the bang, I switched off my car and got out and saw the damage. The guy driving the Sumo taxi was alone and was very apologetic about what had happened. The Eco taxi had passengers (some company drop) and one of the person was wearing a neck belt. As usual none of the passengers were weating seat belts in the Eco taxi and hence this guy with neck belt suffered with a jolt and was almost crying in pain.

By the time we (me, both other drivers) had realised what had happened, the traffic cops from the junction walked over and asked us to take our vehicles on the side which we did immediately. The traffic cops then asked us to discuss what we wanted to do and were there giving suggestions to go the nearest Police Station at Hinjewadi Chowk if we wanted help. I was amazed at the polite behaviour and was surprised that none of them was pastering any of us for anything.

The Sumo taxi driver could not reach the owner in sometime and then I decided to take matters to the Police. 3 cops accompanied in each vehicle and we came down to the Hinjewadi Police Station.

The duty Hawaldar took our licenses after a quick narrative session from the traffic cop who had witnessed the situation. The Hawaldar then asked all 3 of us the standard questions (Name, Add, Cell no, Occupation) and noted it down on his paper pad. He then told that he will withhold our licenses till we either compromise or decide to file a case.

The 3 of us came out and the Sumo taxi driver told he was able to reach the owner and the owner is on his way to help resolve the situation and has requested not to file any case.

The accident took place at 11.30 am and by the time the Sumo owner arrived (arrived and how - a White Tavera with special registration number, full of 8 people all in white with loads of GOLD and RAYBANS) at about 12.20 pm. These people instead of talking to their driver came to me directly and asked what happened. I told them the story and then they looked at both my car and the other Eco taxi.

One of the guy then requested me to not file any case and settle it by taking my car to some known garage. I told them that my car is under warranty and it would cause issues on my warranty if I do repairs outside authorised service station. The same offer was made to the Eco taxi and he accepted as the owner of the Eco taxi was ready for that settlement. The actual owner of the Sumo taxi (simple guy, nothing like those sofisticated goons from Tavera) came to me and told that he would accompany me to the service station and we can get the estimate for repairs and he will pay the difference on the insurance claim. This meant I was to claim and loose my NCB.

Aftermath:

We then went inside the police station and told the Hawaldar that we have reach a compromise and dont want to file any case. The Hawaldar asked us to sit down on the chairs and noted all the details previously captured on his notepad onto the main case register. He then took our signatures and told that we will not be able to come in and file any complaint again against anyone on this case. He also returned our licenses.

The Sumo taxi owner and driver came in the Sumo behind my car to DSK Toyota service station in bavdhan. It was already 1.40pm by then. I filled in the form and one lady service advisor from insurance claims team gave us a rough estimate of about 25-30k for replacing the tail gate and bumper. The insurance being Zero-Dep, there was very miniscule amount to be paid (roughly 1500 bucks as own contri - yet to get details - surveyor or SA has not called yet).

The Sumo taxi owner and I had a quick discussion and he agreed to pay me 5k towards the entire case. He did not have that much on him and he gave 2.5k and told he will give the rest after calling me in sometime. I told him that I am taking this amount only to payout the extra money I need to contribute to the insurance & I will refund him any extra cash. The guy did not call me back as promised to give me the remaining 2.5k yet. I have not bothered to call him either as I do not see the estimate going beyond the already discussed numbers.

FAQ (For surely asked questions by all TBHPians ):

Q1. Why did I not ask the Sumo taxi owner to bear the entire cost to repair ?
Ans. I am of the opinion that insurance is for these kind of things called accident. The driver realised his mistake and apologised. The driver and owner did not shy away from coming to the service station and paying out more than the estimated own contri amount.

Q2. Do I feel bad about the NCB ?
Ans. Not at all. I treat NCB as a discount on insurance amount. I would not get it at this renewal. Thats all !

Q3. Car repair time ?
Ans. The SA told that the tail gate and bumper will be replaced. I have not yet got the call from insurance team or SA on the details. Insurance survey, claim process and parts order (as this is replacement) will take 3-4 days. And another 3-4 days for the coloring and refit. So total 8 days.

Q4. How am I commuting now ?
Ans. Today was first day when I got my Activa so far into Hinjewadi Phase 2 at my office. I have driven it till Phase 1 when our office was there. It was back breaking journey of 1 hour 30 mins from my place on Sinhagad Road. I am unsure if I can do this for next 8 days. And yes I did think about staking a claim of this amount from the Sumo owner. Some how could not .

Q5. What I feel I did right and wrong ?
Ans. The right - I did not loose my composure and was ready to work in the given situation to come to a mutually agreeable deal. The wrong - Am not sure, not thought about this. This is where I need all my fellow TBHPians help. Let me know.

Now the pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
My Toyota Liva GD SP (2012 Refresh model)-img137.jpg  

My Toyota Liva GD SP (2012 Refresh model)-img138.jpg  

Last edited by the-rare-one : 2nd July 2014 at 15:53.
the-rare-one is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 18:29   #45
BHPian

Sad to know about your experience. I think you did the right thing.

8 days is a bit too much for this kind of repair + insurance claim. You should push for a much faster process from DSK. Few years back my Getz with a much more damage was repaired within 3 days including insurance claim.

Last Saturday I also got my Liva GD serviced for 30K km in DSK Bawdhan. I renewed the smile package for 7.2K and that would include both the 30K service + 40K service. I also got a laptop bag free and a free interior cleaning. Excellent job from DSK guys.
sups is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks