Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2012, 12:15   #16
BHPian

re: My Toyota Liva GD SP (2012 Refresh model)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats on the new buy, the beige color interior sure looks better than the older one. But I am surprised that you feel the road noise inside the cabin is less. recently I travelled for 100kms on a Liva Gd and while it was going on 80kph, I though it was doing 100 due to the road and wind noise. Maybe there has been some changes to the NVH.

Also, how much was the JVC double din? Does it have 3 RCA preout?
Thanks motomaverick: I understand what you mean by the noise at high speed. With just over 300 kms and I feel it is little bit more noisier than my Indica. When I am listening to the music it definately needs to be turned up.

Here is the link to the JVC systems: http://www.jvc.co.in/car/av_receiver/kw-av50/index.html

It was for 19990 with JVC CS-V6937 co-axials rear pair thrown in for free.
=================
For all: The ex showroom is wrong in the main post. The correct price is Rs. 608884 /-
Old 24th September 2012, 14:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations !

Good choice there mate. With the new interiors, the LIVA suddenly has moved one notch higher in terms of fit & finish of interiors IMO. Interiors was one of the most common grudge people had while checking out the LIVA. I think the new 2 tone interiors will revive LIVA's fortune a bit.

Lovely photos. The car looks beautiful in this shade. Wishing you a long and safe journey with the car.

Drive safe.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 21:18   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on your New "White Fairy". Toyota had made few sensible changes to the interirors which has worked. Enjoy driving !
Travelocity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 14:35   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Heartiest Congratulations !

Good choice there mate. With the new interiors, the LIVA suddenly has moved one notch higher in terms of fit & finish of interiors IMO. Interiors was one of the most common grudge people had while checking out the LIVA. I think the new 2 tone interiors will revive LIVA's fortune a bit.

Lovely photos. The car looks beautiful in this shade. Wishing you a long and safe journey with the car.

Drive safe.
Thank you Ajay: If it was not for your push on the other thread, I would not have been so fast in putting this thread up. Got a lot of flack for pounding my laptop keys in the midnight.

Yes Liva does feel so much live with the new interiors. And I am loving the white color more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelocity View Post
Congratulations on your New "White Fairy". Toyota had made few sensible changes to the interirors which has worked. Enjoy driving !
Thanks Travelocity: Indeed a White Fairy. Since the day she has been home, its become the talk of the town sort. Every known or unknown person has stopped and asked me about it. There is only one silver Etios in my complex and so the attention to my Liva is definately bringing joy !
the-rare-one is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 14:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Thread moved to Test Drives section. Thanks for sharing
Dear tsk1979: I owe you big thank you for 2 reasons:
a. you have moved the thread to the blogs and
b. I have got a lot of inspiration from your Liva shortlisting and ownership threads.
Old 27th September 2012, 18:16   #21
BHPian

Update time:
Just about 500kms on the ODO.
The first tankfull still shows up 5 bars out of 8 on the digital fuel guage. Having covered 400+ kms on 3 bars is definately waku-doki.

Plan:
Getting a 3M underbody coat (3120+ taxes/5yr warranty).
Evaluated Opulent Waxoyl (2500+ taxes/3yr warranty) and dont recall the name but a Toyota Genuine (they stopped 3M) for 3496+ taxes/3yr warranty.

Also seeking seat covers. Toyota Genuine still has not got the beige options. Any inputs for art leather custom options in Pune ?
Old 27th September 2012, 19:30   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rare-one View Post
...Plan:
Getting a 3M underbody coat (3120+ taxes/5yr warranty).
Evaluated Opulent Waxoyl (2500+ taxes/3yr warranty) and dont recall the name but a Toyota Genuine (they stopped 3M) for 3496+ taxes/3yr warranty....
Have you checked the rates of these with 3M directly? You can save a decent amount if you get it from them? When Toyota is getting these done thru 3M for a higher quote, why don't you get it done directly?

Edit::

You also might want to check on "smiles package" which will save you some amount on servicing costs [labor].

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 27th September 2012 at 19:33.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 11:49   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Have you checked the rates of these with 3M directly? You can save a decent amount if you get it from them? When Toyota is getting these done thru 3M for a higher quote, why don't you get it done directly?

Edit::

You also might want to check on "smiles package" which will save you some amount on servicing costs [labor].
Thank you swiftnfurious: I am going with 3M from outside. I meant I evaluated all the available options. The 3M cost is as told by the Baner Car Care Centre. Will get TBHP discount - hope to go there tomorrow.

I also have opted in for smiles pack. Yet to get the documents though.
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:40   #24
BHPian

update: Just nearing 700 kms on the ODO.

The digital fuel gauge shows the last 2 bars now with about 600+ kms on the first tank. Looks like it will go another 100 odd kms before needing a fill up when the last bar starts to BLINK.

Overall 20 km/lit mileage, so I am happy.

Just one rattle in the dash board - probably some light loose inside the console or something loose inside the DVD area. Havent really been able to catch the culprit yet.

Got the 3M underbody coat with 5 year warranty and the new car paint protection with 1 year warranty for Rs. 6955 - tax included. Got this done at the Baner Car Care center. Tapas Kumar was great help ! Got the engine dressing and interiors polished, plus a 3M lint free cloth FREE.

Went around looking for seat covers and have finalised something. Hope to get it done in a week - 10 days. Thats also the time to go for the 1000 km checkup at DSK.
Old 5th October 2012, 23:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
It was for 19990 with JVC CS-V6937 co-axials rear pair thrown in for free.
Quote:
Overall 20 km/lit mileage, so I am happy.

Just one rattle in the dash board - probably some light loose inside the console or something loose inside the DVD area. Havent really been able to catch the culprit yet.

Went around looking for seat covers and have finalised something. Hope to get it done in a week - 10 days. Thats also the time to go for the 1000 km checkup at DSK.
Hi the-rare-one, JVC worth 20k freebie is an awesome throw-in boss! You have reached a fantastic deal too!!

20 kmpl is mouth-watering mileage for a less than 2 months car! I am having my fingers crossed too in this aspect.

I have made complete biege seat covers through Pensee - Bangalore with few leather inserts. Will be posting my pictures in the respective thread this weekend. You can take a look at it, you may get some better ideas with that benchmark!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post2922097

Good Luck mate, Cheers!!
Old 8th October 2012, 12:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
Hi the-rare-one, JVC worth 20k freebie is an awesome throw-in boss! You have reached a fantastic deal too!!

20 kmpl is mouth-watering mileage for a less than 2 months car! I am having my fingers crossed too in this aspect.

I have made complete biege seat covers through Pensee - Bangalore with few leather inserts. Will be posting my pictures in the respective thread this weekend. You can take a look at it, you may get some better ideas with that benchmark!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post2922097

Good Luck mate, Cheers!!

Thanks Mister_M: The JVC speakers were the FREE items and not the entire system. So I got about 3k worth speakers on the system for free.

I had to tank up last friday (after about 3 weeks of pottering around in Pune traffic - full time AC on) and the mileage stands at 18 kms/lit. Will do an avergae of 2 more tanks to arrive at a overall figure.

I am waiting for the I-Grey (what we call beige is called I-Grey in Toyota terms) art leather from Autofoam in a specific design / pattern and would install them shortly.
Old 8th October 2012, 12:51   #27
BHPian

update - 08th Oct 2012

The liva underwent the first 1000 km service yesterday (checkup/tuneup actually) at DSK service and all is good. They definately did something and its all smoother and much better drive experience than that raw fresh out of the showroom car.

The rattle in the dashboard is identified as the JVC bracket and some loose wires. Will need to give the car for an entire day to resolve this as they want to ensure dashboard is fixed back properly and there is no other issue there after. (I quite liked the openness / being upfront approach of the service team who diagnosed it ) Will probably time this with the seat covers so I dont have to make 2 diff trips.

The IRVM which fell down 2 times in the past 1 month (did not break - lucky me) was fixed up properly.

ODO stands at 900kms. Mileage queen I must say - getting 18+ kms/lit for now. Hope this will increase with the engine freeing up over more kms.

Last edited by the-rare-one : 8th October 2012 at 12:53. Reason: spelling, wrong info
Old 5th December 2012, 10:23   #28
BHPian

Great review. Congrats on a great buy. I am on my Liva GD for the past three months (done 4500 km so far) and am sure you'll find the car great and real VFM.

The new beige interiors in your car surely looks great, though as a personal choice I always prefer black-grey interiors.

Loved your review, you've judged the car pretty well. Wishing you many happy miles.
subratasenn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 13:55   #29
BHPian

9700 km up and 10k service done

update 07 May 2013:

First of all, sorry for not being the regular update guy. There is nothing to update on a Liva Its so to the point in doing what it does and there is no fuss really about anything. So nothing to write as well ! Sincerely speaking, I have been busy at the office lately.

Story so far:

About 97xx kms today morning. Had given it for 10k service on the friday afternoon last week and got it yesterday afternoon from DSK Toyota at Bavdhan. (Sunday is off for them)

List of things done for 10k service:

1. Regular service for 10k, oil and oil filter change, oilsump gasket and some washers changed.
2. The rear co-axials had the screws coming off loose time n again and creating a rattle. Fixed for now. Hope it does not happen again.
3. Dash board rattle (from the music system head unit area) still there. They said they removed the dash board and fixed it back with some packing (which is why they took a day extra) but it has not helped. Any suggestions ?
4. While I was looking for getting the shocks/springs changed under warranty, they confirmed with ref to lot numbers about my car having the newer setup already. There is some front shock recoil noise if I go fast on the speed breakers, but that probably is normal. For the rear shocks, the right one had small leak and was changed under warranty. The entire suspension setup was re-looked at and confirmed all ok. The car definately felt tighter on the road.
5. Wheel alignment and balancing done. 4 tyre rotation only as my spare has multiple punctures.
6. I told them to disable the reverse horn, buggers detached the siren completely. (checked it today morning) Silence is good, but I want the chirps for lock unlock at least and siren to work when there is a break in.
7. I completely forgot (even after making a list of items to do) to tell them to fix/replace the rear seatbelt lock (middle one) which is not locking since day one. My kiddo sits in that seat and she always complains. Yes, not allowed to sit in my car w/o seat belts even at the rear.

Will do another round this weekend to get the item 6 and 7 fixed.

Rs. 106 only for all the work. All due to smile pack and warranty replacements. This 106 was also due to only 50% discount on balancing the wheels.

DSK Toyota experience:

Not so happy this time. When I went there on friday afternoon, it was crowded and most SA were busy. I was asked to wait for 10 mins and then a internal driver to the workshop came calling me. He was the one who did all the initial job card preparation (no doubt he knew the job) but asked me to tell other work to be done to the SA afterwards.

The SA whom my car was assigned had gone for a late lunch due to the workload and hence a newbie SA took the details of work to be done and logged the car into the system. (again he was aware and knew the job well)

I was told that the actual SA for me would contact me and update on the work on saturday. He never called and when I tried to call him on the number provided on the job card it was out of service. I had to call DSK Customer Care and take another number and that too did not work. My 2nd call to the Customer Care had them wake up and they told that the SA will call me back in 15 mins.

The SA did call in 20 mins and told work is underway and he would need time extension for delivery as the dashboad and suspension job will take time. I agreed. Yesterday though, when I was expecting a completion of work and billing call, I did not get any. After multiple calls to the SA, he finally told that the car is ready but awaiting the warranty process to get completed and that meant I will not get the delivery.

I finally got the delivery yesterday afternoon and the car is all good. Yes some bits amiss which I can live with (heck I lived with an Indica for 8 years before this and tolerated TASS) but DSK did not live upto the expectation this time. My buying experience and 1k service experience has been too good and in comparison this was no where near it.

Overall:

The car is now good for another 10k run and with my daily runs of 50 kms I will complete it in just 7-8 months. The car has been giving me a consistent 17-18kms / liter mileage (full time AC and mixed highway and traffic driving) I am told by the SA that the mileage would improve now and should settle at 20-22kms / liter. Though I am a sedate driver, with Hinjewadi drives becoming more clogged day after day, I will be surprised to get that figure.

I always wanted a simple and trouble free ride and the Liva does that to the T (literally in the T badge sense). Yes its a little unexiting sometimes, but I live with that for the peace of mind I have found with this car.

Last edited by the-rare-one : 7th May 2013 at 14:03. Reason: spellings correction and one sentence added
Old 7th May 2013, 14:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: 9700 km up and 10k service done

Quote:
update 07 May 2013:

First of all, sorry for not being the regular update guy. There is nothing to update on a Liva Its so to the point in doing what it does and there is no fuss really about anything. So nothing to write as well ! Sincerely speaking, I have been busy at the office lately.

Story so far:

About 97xx kms today morning. Had given it for 10k service on the friday afternoon last week and got it yesterday afternoon from DSK Toyota at Bavdhan. (Sunday is off for them)
Glad to read that the car is treating you well so far. How has been the customer experience at Toyota dealership/service center so far? Is it as legendary as its known to be?
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed