Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2012, 13:39   #16
BHPian

re: The Siberian begins his expedition - Hyundai i20 CRDi Sportz

Hey congrats on your new i20! One of the best comfortable hatches on Indian roads. And I have to say it looks bloody gorgeous! There is a guy in an office in my neighboring building who has a white i20. I can't take my eyes off it every time I see it!

I've seen the blue color for the first time. Looks pretty nice!

And post pics of your favourite interiors too!!! Cheers. Wish you many happy miles!
Old 25th September 2012, 13:46   #17
BHPian

I wanted white too, but mom and fiance were all about "white looks like a cab" nagging. So I had to give up. I was miffed to see that black is not available. I mean, who releases a car without black!

Also guys one doubt. What is the tyre pressure i should maintain? The rating says 30 psi on normal load and 33 psi on full load. I don't have any experience with a diesel engine.
Old 25th September 2012, 18:20   #18
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride !!!

I am a proud owner of the Hyundai i20 CRDi Sportz ( old version) and the fluidic i10 1.2 Magna as well. Both have a fantastic engine.

Happy Mile crunching!
Old 25th September 2012, 18:54   #19
BHPian

I'm facing a very irritating thing. Every time I press the clutch pedal, I hear a "tick" noise, very similar to the sound the indicator makes when it is blinking. Aditya, faced anything like this?
Old 25th September 2012, 20:09   #20
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Bharat congrats - good selection.

Love the colour and as you say the tyres - you could change them right away while new for a bit and move to a better brand to remove one of your compromises.

Liked the honest admission that you tested the Swift after the selection was done but then anyways it would not be available in time.

You did narrow down to what are I guess the best in the segment Punto, i20 and in someways swift (but for the booking period) and yet have selected the most sensible option among these in my view as well.

b.t.w Since you did check out the Diesel and Petrol i20 both did you notice a difference in the Stopping distance. There is a reported 30% longer braking distance for the Diesel? Or have then improved upon it in the current version - have not kept a tab on the changes in the newere refreshed version.

Wish you many Happy and Safe Miles.
Old 25th September 2012, 21:06   #21
BHPian

Dont break your head over it!! I have broken mine and everyone at the service center.

That noise is standard! Nothing wrong!! Are you getting any weird sound from the rear suspension? Also, try listening to any weird engine sound when you cold start it while sitting inside the cabin with the door and windows closed. A mild metallic rubbing sound!! Is what I'm looking for!!

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
I'm facing a very irritating thing. Every time I press the clutch pedal, I hear a "tick" noise, very similar to the sound the indicator makes when it is blinking. Aditya, faced anything like this?
Old 25th September 2012, 21:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM
There is a reported 30% longer braking distance for the Diesel?

Wish you many Happy and Safe Miles.
Thanks ACM. I don't have any regrets with this car, and given a choice again, I'd still go for it. Thanks for the wishes, hopefully she and I will see many good days together.

Regarding the braking distance, I am really not sure. But compared to my i10, I didn't find much of a difference. I didn't have any shock situations. But you really can't compare considering all 4 wheels get disc brakes on the Diesel.
Old 26th September 2012, 10:27   #23
BHPian

Congrats mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Vertical vents have a disadvantage. No way to direct the air towards your face.
It has a mix of vertical and horizontal (inside). And the think pad/slide in one of the vertical vent is the adjuster for both. up/down + left/right.

Unless I am missing your point.
Vizay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 10:32   #24
BHPian

Oh the slider can move up and down? I didn't know that. I'll try it out today! Thanks.
Old 26th September 2012, 11:03   #25
BHPian

Hi Bharat, pls describe the way to connect mobile to Bluetooth.
Old 26th September 2012, 11:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
Hi Bharat, pls describe the way to connect mobile to Bluetooth.
Ok here goes.

1. Switch on the car, but don't start the ignition.
2. Switch on the HUD, doesn't matter if it's playing FM, or USB or anything.
3. Click on Setup button, and select "Phone" option by clicking the right knob.
4. Select "Pair".
5. On your phone, search for nearby devices, and select 'i20'.
6. enter passcode as '0000'.
7. Make sure to approve the HUD's request to access your phonebook.

I think if you follow this, the setup should be done, and the HUD will display 'Connection Complete'.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 17:23   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Siberian begins his expedition - Hyundai i20 CRDi Sportz

Mod Note : Added all your photos & captions to the 1st page itself. The first page is always the most viewed of any thread.

Thanks for sharing! This is the diesel hatch to buy. I thoroughly enjoyed reviewing it.
Old 26th September 2012, 18:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Bharat on your new purchase. Good you didnt try Figo since it doesnt have rear power windows, your 1st set of requirements would have failed then and there itself . I used to consider i20 diesel overpriced but the new model with all features sure is worth every penny and value for money.
Old 26th September 2012, 20:04   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Congrats Bharat on your new purchase. Good you didnt try Figo since it doesnt have rear power windows
I was in more for the Fiesta Classic. I've always had a soft spot for that car. But the showroom's complete lack of response bugged me off. They called me two days back and said you have requested for a test drive! You should have heard verbal beating I gave them. Imagine the cheek, calling after 1 month almost.
Old 27th September 2012, 10:20   #30
BHPian

Guys a couple of doubts.

During a cold start I observe that the engine takes a bit longer than usual to kick into life. I know that's normal for a diesel engine, but it also reminds me of the nightmares we used to have with my dad's amby back in the day. Frozen diesel, engine not starting at all, dead battery etc.

Now I've been out of touch with diesel engined cars since then. How do the modern engines function? Will they definitely kick into life even if they take time? The Amby used to have a heater to heat the Diesel. Modern cars don't have it. How does it work. Sorry for seeming like a newbie, but as I said I've not been abreast with the advances on the Diesel side of things.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks