Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2012, 19:55   #31
BHPian

Re: The Siberian begins his expedition - Hyundai i20 CRDi Sportz

Congrats on your new ride.. I'm also a proud owner of i20 CRDi asta, pre-facelift version.. And guess what, my baby's gonna turn an year old coming Oct 6th..
The car's got a gem of an engine, and I'm sure you'll enjoy every mile driving it..
Old 27th September 2012, 22:40   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post

Now I've been out of touch with diesel engined cars since then. How do the modern engines function? Will they definitely kick into life even if they take time? The Amby used to have a heater to heat the Diesel. Modern cars don't have it. How does it work. Sorry for seeming like a newbie, but as I said I've not been abreast with the advances on the Diesel side of things.
You are mistaken bharat4ever. Modern diesel cars are equipped with much sophisticated system to heat the engine and fuel line during cold starts through a device called glowplug. The amount of heating and duration of heating is controlled by means of a microcontroller which reads several sensor inputs to decide.
Old 29th September 2012, 10:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition Bharath. I own the previous gen crdi and have clocked 30K km in 1 year. Just loving each and every mile with it. The engine is a gem. You'll definitely enjoy driving this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever
Also guys one doubt. What is the tyre pressure i should maintain? The rating says 30 psi on normal load and 33 psi on full load. I don't have any experience with a diesel engine.
I usually maintain 30 psi as I'll be driving alone most of the time. 33 psi makes the ride more bouncy. I maintain 33 psi only during winter (as suggested by my SA) and during long drives with family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101
Hi Bharat, pls describe the way to connect mobile to Bluetooth.
If you want to stream music from your phone to HU using Bluetooth A2DP, select the mode to MP3 play on the HU, start the music on your phone and press the AUX button on the HU.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 29th September 2012 at 10:44.
Old 29th September 2012, 12:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats @bharat4ever on your new car! The car does look elegant in that colour.

I'm curious to know the ex-showroom and OTR price of your model. Addition of a 6th gear is a great thing Hyundai has done. Really helps in F.E. on long highway runs.

I wonder if Hyundai has tweaked the new version to make it more linear in acceleration. My pal's i-20 of 2009 make does suffer from turbo-lag below 2000 rmp. To be precise, it comes to life to some extent post 1700 rpm, but springs after 2000 rpm
Old 29th September 2012, 17:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition Bharath. I own the previous gen crdi and have clocked 30K km in 1 year. Just loving each and every mile with it. The engine is a gem. You'll definitely enjoy driving this car.

I usually maintain 30 psi as I'll be driving alone most of the time. 33 psi makes the ride more bouncy. I maintain 33 psi only during winter (as suggested by my SA) and during long drives with family.

If you want to stream music from your phone to HU using Bluetooth A2DP, select the mode to MP3 play on the HU, start the music on your phone and press the AUX button on the HU.
I agree it's an amazing car. I assert again, that I have made the right choice.

By the way, just playing the music on the phone and selecting MP3 play is enough. I hear music even without pressing the AUX button. Why is that required?

And thanks for the PSI values. I've currently held it at 32 PSI, but i was wondering if the values would change since it's a diesel engine and it's heavier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congrats @bharat4ever on your new car! The car does look elegant in that colour.

I'm curious to know the ex-showroom and OTR price of your model. Addition of a 6th gear is a great thing Hyundai has done. Really helps in F.E. on long highway runs.

I wonder if Hyundai has tweaked the new version to make it more linear in acceleration. My pal's i-20 of 2009 make does suffer from turbo-lag below 2000 rmp. To be precise, it comes to life to some extent post 1700 rpm, but springs after 2000 rpm
Ex showroom is 7,10,000 and OTR is 8,20,000. And the new car's acceleration is very linear. Only in the 2nd gear the turbo rush is noticeable after 2k rpm.

Also

Took the i20 out for a spin on the Nice road today. Touched 145-150 with ease. I didn't want to push further though. Amazing amazing vehicle. And yes even at this speed I didn't have any uncomfortable steering issues. The car and me were confident through it all. And the best part is, she maintains 115-120 kmph easily at 1900 rpm on 6th gear! Very impressive.

WHAT A MACHINE! (say it like how Jeremy Clarkson would say it.)

But I am hearing a little of the steering rattle :( very mild, but it is there.
bharat4ever is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2012, 11:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way, just playing the music on the phone and selecting MP3 play is enough. I hear music even without pressing the AUX button. Why is that required?
When I tried to stream music last year, I couldn't hear any sound from the speakers. I then read in the manual or Wildon's thread that the AUX button needs to be pressed. Then it started streaming. Maybe its changed in the new HU.

Quote:
Ex showroom is 7,10,000 and OTR is 8,20,000
Has the taxes come down? My car's ex-showroom price was around 6.87L and the OTR was 8.15L last year.

Quote:
But I am hearing a little of the steering rattle :( very mild, but it is there.
I thought they have re-designed the steering coloumn in the new model. Are you sure its steering rattling?
Old 30th September 2012, 15:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Ex showroom is 7,10,000 and OTR is 8,20,000.

Have Hyundai reduced the prices?? Because when I went to enquire about the CRDi Sportz version, I got a a quote for 8.59 L (on-road Bangalore) from Advaith Hyundai.

However, nice choice of color. Even I liked the Twilight Blue along with the Embry Grey and Maharaja Red.

I loved the light feel of the car and its powerhouse under the hood during the TD. Unfortunately, deferred the decision to change my car since Advaith valued my existing car way below my expectations.

Good luck with your iGen drive and keep all bhpians updated on the ownership front along with mileage, handling and service aspects.

Cheers
Old 30th September 2012, 20:19   #38
BHPian

Congrats, Bharat on your hot-looking hatch!

Even though I really liked the front look of the previous gen i20, I believe the current i-gen's front look has its own distinct appeal.

I may have missed it in your post, but can you clarify what was the total waiting period for you from the date of booking to date of delivery? Do all variants/colors have the same waiting period or are they different for each (if you did find out)?
Old 1st October 2012, 11:25   #39
BHPian

I like the front end now a bit more than the previous model. This looks more European.

And the waiting period was 2 weeks from the time of booking. And it's the same for all the colours, and variants, but the SA did mention that the my blue was a rare colour. Dunno why she mentioned that.

Also filled up my second tank of diesel sooner than expected due to the freeze on Diesel and Petrol buying by the Bangalore bunk owners.
The first tank gave me 458 km for 37.2 litres of fuel, which comes to 12.29 kmpl. Seems a tad on the lower side, but looks good saying that ACC was on the whole time, and had a few stretches of Bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic. Now for the second tank I've used BP Diesel. Let's see the mileage now. The first tank was on IndianOil. I am craving for Shell Diesel, but can't tolerate that I'll have to pay so much more.

Last edited by bharat4ever : 1st October 2012 at 11:55.
Old 3rd October 2012, 10:04   #40
BHPian

There a bit of seepage of outside air into the cabin even when the ACC, fans etc are switched off. I am able to smell the pollution, or stink if I am crossing a big drain. The issue goes away if the ACC is on. Anyone else has faced this?
Old 6th October 2012, 08:22   #41
BHPian

Took this photo yesterday. Car looks extremely stylish!

The Siberian begins his expedition - Hyundai i20 CRDi Sportz-syny3ynu.jpg
Old 6th October 2012, 08:48   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Took this photo yesterday. Car looks extremely stylish!

Attachment 996242
Was this near Mahadevapura flyover?
Old 6th October 2012, 09:21   #43
BHPian

Nope, Electronic City. Trident Hyundai showroom.
Old 8th October 2012, 17:54   #44
BHPian

Odd thing happening today. Every time I depress the clutch, I feel a metallic rubbing on the clutch pedal? What could it be?
Old 9th October 2012, 10:13   #45
BHPian

And just 5-10 back as I was entering office, the right back suspension was thudding even for a normal sized speed breaker. I don't know whether it will persist in the evening also. I will let you know.

Also, will there be a benefit if I change from the OEM air filter to the K&N one? Any specific model number?

Btw, someone please reply :( my thread feels deserted.

Last edited by bharat4ever : 9th October 2012 at 10:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks