Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:48   #16
BHPian

Re: My first car, the German beauty - New VW Polo - First impressions

Congrats on you new Polo. The silver with the smoking headlamps & new alloys makes it a very good looking car. Kind of sinister looking

Wish you a many safe miles in your Polo and a hassle free ownership.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:17   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on the refreshed Polo Envy. And true to your name, your new ride is indeed "enviable".

I love those new 10-spoke alloys buddy - lends a very 'premium sedan-esque' look to the new Polo. Although not a big admirer of smoked headlamps, I think yours compliment the car color nicely. Give it a kinda menacing look which is nice. The bluetooth kit is a handy touch too.

Wish you many miles of happiness with the 1.2

Last edited by Omtoatom : 3rd October 2012 at 13:20.
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 14:18   #18
BHPian

Congratulations Envy.
Silver Polo/Ventos are the best looking colors & those smoked headlamps are looking stunning, giving it very aggressive looks.

Saw a new silver polo yesterday, it was looking stunning & was wondering what's new.

Wishing you many happy miles ahead.

Cheers.
Old 3rd October 2012, 15:39   #19
BHPian

Hearty congratulations on the newly acquired German chic. Although I really wish they upgraded from the 3-pot instead of the cosmetic changes alone. And probably throw in some VVT?

Few things I observed:
1. The blackened headlamps add to the masculine appeal of the Polo. I'm am beginning to think how the Fabia would respond to this upgrade. Maybe plug-in the Monte Carlo's headlamps? I so wish!!

2. That meaty stick and wheel clad in leather does contribute immensely to the plush look of the interiors. Oops, I forgot to check whether the inetriors have a beige/black combination like the Fabia does. That would have added to the luxury feel.

3. I like these new alloys better.

Wish you kilometres and kilometres of smile while you drive experiences!
Old 3rd October 2012, 17:29   #20
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy mate!! Its for sure is a lovely color and love the new headlamp treatment. Guess its given the car a much meaner look!

Off Topic - Did you by any chance take those pictures using a iphone 5? see a lot of purple tint (have been reading about the same about the new iphone camera) in the pics
Old 3rd October 2012, 21:10   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Did you by any chance take those pictures using a iphone 5?
Nope, Xperia Arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Oops, I forgot to check whether the inetriors have a beige/black combination like the Fabia does. That would have added to the luxury feel.
Yes, the interiors are black and beige.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
Just wanted to know, does the Bluetooth work with the steering mounted controls.
Na,.. that device can be used in any car.. The centre button with the phone sign is just a dummy for now, it is basically a provision for factory fitted bluetooth phone device support, which is not available in India yet.
I have to explore more on it, might be possible to hook up the existing device with the car stereo with some tweaks, since the sterero has BT-Audio mode setting.

The manual says that there is an optional booklet 'Provision for a mobile telephone' which is not given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay9252 View Post
I am still disturbed by the reports on vapor that is seen on the outside of the windshield due to engine room heat waves - apparently, this is due to poor insulation and only in Petrol Polo. I read about this in Autocar. Do let us know if you face any issues around the same.
Haven't faced any such issue yet, will let you know If I do.
envy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 22:20   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by envy View Post

Na,.. that device can be used in any car.. The centre button with the phone sign is just a dummy for now, it is basically a provision for factory fitted bluetooth phone device support, which is not available in India yet.
I have to explore more on it, might be possible to hook up the existing device with the car stereo with some tweaks, since the sterero has BT-Audio mode setting.

The manual says that there is an optional booklet 'Provision for a mobile telephone' which is not given.
In Volkswagen group cars OEM car audio systems need a 9w7 Bluetooth Module to integrate phone functionality.( For RCD 310, RCD 510 and RNS 510) Its available online for USD 300

or you could use another module from Dension, it cost Rs 20,000 and is available at some dealers in New Delhi.

Last edited by agambhandari : 3rd October 2012 at 22:32.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 23:02   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your new POLO

The headlamps & the new alloys look great.

Also the new gear knob is well deserved for VW's fantastic shift quality
Old 4th October 2012, 10:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Envy on your purchase. The alloys and the new headlamps look sharp and good. Hows the quality of the audio, any upgrades planned?
Old 4th October 2012, 21:33   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on your new Polo. The premium feel of this hatch is like none other. I've booked a Polo Highline (P) scheduled for delivery later this month. The new smoked headlamps totally give it the mean, head-turning look Congratulations once again and wishing you many happy miles crunching ahead.
Old 3rd November 2012, 23:18   #26
BHPian

1500km Update

I must admit, I bought the 1.2 Petrol when I couldn't get my hands on the discontinued 1.6. Initially I was a bit skeptical that I might not like it after having driven an agile Honda iVtec for long.

But I'm happy to say that I proved myself wrong.

For starters, the looks of the car, just make me admire it every morning when I take it to office. I just love the alloys and nothing makes me happier cleaning them shiny every weekend.

The seating of the car is on the lower side, despite maxxing out the height adjustment, I'm a short guy (5'4''), but I never felt that I needed to peek ahead on road, and keeping the steering adjustment depressed to max, there is an airy feeling in the cabin and I find a perfect cruising position for my long drives to office (about 1-1.5hrs one side).

The gear stick is just perfect, the company fitted leather adds a premium and good feel to it. Despite the long clutch travel, my feet have never hurt or felt that It needed too much effort, the clutch is pretty smooth.

The gear transitions from engine are super smooth, havent seen anything like it, there is no jerkiness, and it even compensates for your follies in shifting. That being said there is no rush of power when you shift gears at typical rpms, but then again I don't find it to be a sore point, since this car begets a slick and mature driving experience.

The engine sound of the 3 pot took me some time to get used to, it is not noticeable when car stereo is on. But it doesn't sound that bad either, it's a healthy growl of an eager to work engine.

The best part apart the whole driving experience of this car is the suspension, it's so sublime yet solid for our roads, It feels like I'm sailing across the roads more often than not. The absence of tyre noise helps to the cause. The stock 15'' ers are perfect.

Another great part about the suspensions is that the car seems to love large curved roads and underpasses.
In Delhi there are plenty of clover leaf flyovers and underpasses, the car just loves to speed on them, it sticks to the road, with no noticeable body roll. It gives a lot of confidence on such sections.

The A/C is superb, I barely keep it on the chilliest setting even at slowest fan speed, only when temp is at 35+. Most of the times I keep it lower or off.

The stereo is nice, matches perfectly with the cabin, good display, standard options for sound, radio, USB. The output is pretty good, (I dont drive w/o music) bass sounds much better and the car interiors are well insulated to handle high levels of sound with out any unnecessary resonance and vibration.

Now the most important Indian car question (apparently, not according to me though). 'Kitna deti hai?'

I measured 2 tank full runs, and I'm getting a respectable 14kmpl.
My daily drive involves 60% highway and 40% city roads.
And I have the A/C on for about 50% of the time.

I have noticed that running averages by my calculation show that city mileage is 11-12kmpl, but smooth 4-5th gear morning drives, where I don't speed beyond 80kmph yields 17+ kmpl easily.

Rest assured I just did the FE calculations out of curiosity wont be checking the indicators again (the current trip display is a pretty useful feature to explore this), the generous 45L fuel tank means that I can last 1.5 weeks on a single tank.

Now It's time to get seat covers for my ride.
I have been going through a lot of posts and discussions but haven't made up my mind yet.
envy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 12:27   #27
BHPian

Have they started rolling out the *New Polo* with bluetooth devices? Also, is the bluetooth company fitted or a custom one done by the dealer?

I am in conversation with B U Bhandari (VW dealer in Pune) about the *New Polo* but they said bluetooth is not a company fitted accessory until recently. The dealer used to fit the bluetooth device and they are still not receiving any cars with company fitted kits.

Something sounds fishy, not sure if it's only this dealer in Pune or a real issue with production? Also, how would you rate the ICE in new polo?
Old 4th February 2013, 21:28   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
Have they started rolling out the *New Polo* with bluetooth devices? Also, is the bluetooth company fitted or a custom one done by the dealer?

I am in conversation with B U Bhandari (VW dealer in Pune) about the *New Polo* but they said bluetooth is not a company fitted accessory until recently. The dealer used to fit the bluetooth device and they are still not receiving any cars with company fitted kits.

Something sounds fishy, not sure if it's only this dealer in Pune or a real issue with production? Also, how would you rate the ICE in new polo?
He is correct, the 2012 refreshed Polo versions do not come with any company fitted Bluetooth device, they sell/offer Parrot company's device, which has nothing to do with the car stereo, it's a standalone gadget, nevertheless a good one.

Hence you'll notice that the phone symbol on steering controls is a dummy, even in Jetta.

The ICE is pretty good imo, RCD310, it's functional, not very fancy, but goes perfectly well with the car interiors, USB access is flawless, no issue till date, except the fact I wished it had mix/shuffle option based on artist/album, current options are based on folder/all.
Equaliser is missing, but not needed in my opinion.

Although look out for even newer versions of Polo, which might be coming in with RCD320 ICE as reported on few threads in the forum, but that's in the cars with increased prices.
Old 5th February 2013, 13:36   #29
BHPian

Congrats envy! Well compiled report. Great color and the new alloys look smart.
pc73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 18:22   #30
BHPian

Link to a post on the leather seat cover job..
I thought it was better late than never, to link this post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2997278
envy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks