Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2012, 10:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Time to reclaim my Life – 2012 Tata Safari Dicor (aka Beast)

Hey congrats on your purchase. Even I purchased my white Safari LX this year. Glad to know that you are enjoying your beast. Black colour looks macho on Safari. Wish you many happy and safe miles.
Old 18th October 2012, 00:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Got the engine check light again today while driving to work. Parked the car in office parking and expected it to go away once i started for home however that did not happen.

Called the TATA helpline and was transferred to different departments and they've eventually asked me to go to TASS for resolution.

The strange part was that the helpline guys asked me to call again in the morning if i needed help in towing the vehicle to TASS or being driven till there , even after me insisting multiple times. Currently i'm left with no option but to call the helpline again and do the needful or alternatively escalate this issue to the higher authorities.

Here's the message I got after my call there "Thank you for calling 24x7 breakdown assistance.Our service provider will assist you soon.Complaint ref no: 1-17278718732. "

@ 13899 kms when the light came up today morning
Time to reclaim my Life – 2012 Tata Safari Dicor (aka Beast)-img2012101700166.jpg

@ 13928 kms when i reached home
Time to reclaim my Life – 2012 Tata Safari Dicor (aka Beast)-69559_10151253939056276_1399939766_n.jpg
Old 18th October 2012, 01:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Got the engine check light again today while driving to work. Parked the car in office parking and expected it to go away once i started for home however that did not happen.

@ 13899 kms when the light came up today morning

@ 13928 kms when i reached home
Hey Harish, did you experience any loss of power or white smoke when the engine light came on? I've had the light coming on quite a few times but it goes off after a couple of restarts. Have gotten this checked at the service center 2-3 times but they were unable to reproduce the situation. What they told me was that it could be a loose contact on any of the sensors and that I shouldn't worry if there isn't any loss in power or white/excessive smoke etc. The first time I was a bit skeptical of their advise and got it checked but the light never came on while at the service center, the SA did a test drive and confirmed that everything was fine.

I must have had this issue intermittently for about 25-30k kms of the 50k+ kms, and so far nothing has gone wrong. I believe this is one of those things which you just have to live with the Safari. Anyways, get all the sensors checked/reseated at the service center once to be on the safer side.
amolpol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 10:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
Hey Harish, did you experience any loss of power or white smoke when the engine light came on? I've had the light coming on quite a few times but it goes off after a couple of restarts. Have gotten this checked at the service center 2-3 times but they were unable to reproduce the situation. What they told me was that it could be a loose contact on any of the sensors and that I shouldn't worry if there isn't any loss in power or white/excessive smoke etc. The first time I was a bit skeptical of their advise and got it checked but the light never came on while at the service center, the SA did a test drive and confirmed that everything was fine.

I must have had this issue intermittently for about 25-30k kms of the 50k+ kms, and so far nothing has gone wrong. I believe this is one of those things which you just have to live with the Safari. Anyways, get all the sensors checked/reseated at the service center once to be on the safer side.
I did not notice any loss in power or any white smoke as mentioend by you and the response i got when i called the helpline was the same that you mentioned above

Last time when i got it checked on their computer it was a EGR ( Exhaust gas recirculation ) error for which he opened the bonnet and adjusted something on a pipe and it got fixed. I had got this same EGR error on my spark as well and had to change the entire EGR unit but that ws not the case in safari..I've called the helpline guys again today. I'm sure they wouldnt have a laptop and would ask me to either tow or drive it to TASS , i don't think i would be able to accompany them as i've to go to work so is it advisable that i take it to TASS on weekend or should i let them take it to TASS?

Here's the SMS that i got from the call i made just now "Thank you for calling 24x7 breakdown assistance.Our service provider will assist you soon.Complaint ref no: 1-17279658071"

Waiting for the helpline guys to come and check it. I've told them clearly that i'm not going to move the car till the time they come and check it thoroughly. I guess i'll have to take my other car to work today :(.
Old 18th October 2012, 11:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Firstly - Congrats on your Drive. Not sure how i missed this earlier. Wishing you many miles of safe and happy driving the beast.

I had similar issues and after several frustrating and paranoid drives (when the engine failure light comes on) and several visits to the TASS and multiple so called "permanent" fixes, the final issue seemed to be with the Display unit. They changed this once and all such issues were resolved - atleast thus far. I havent got this problem for almost 18 months now.

BTW, my experience with the toll free number was quite great, especially, with the break down service. They call you back in quick time, get the service person on a conference, take address and make sure you are attended to very quickly. I have experienced this twice in the last one year and had a very pleasant and surprising experience.
Old 18th October 2012, 14:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
I did not notice any loss in power or any white smoke as mentioend by you and the response i got when i called the helpline was the same that you mentioned above

Last time when i got it checked on their computer it was a EGR ( Exhaust gas recirculation ) error for which he opened the bonnet and adjusted something on a pipe and it got fixed. I had got this same EGR error on my spark as well and had to change the entire EGR unit but that ws not the case in safari..I've called the helpline guys again today. I'm sure they wouldnt have a laptop and would ask me to either tow or drive it to TASS , i don't think i would be able to accompany them as i've to go to work so is it advisable that i take it to TASS on weekend or should i let them take it to TASS?

Here's the SMS that i got from the call i made just now "Thank you for calling 24x7 breakdown assistance.Our service provider will assist you soon.Complaint ref no: 1-17279658071"

Waiting for the helpline guys to come and check it. I've told them clearly that i'm not going to move the car till the time they come and check it thoroughly. I guess i'll have to take my other car to work today :(.
UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE

I called the helpline guy at 10:07 am today and after all the conversations he was at my home @ 11:04 am which was pretty impressive and as expected and shared by many Safari owners the engine check light went off on it's own when he started it. We checked it multiple times but it did not come up so he suggested me to get it checked during the next service which is due in next 1000 kms.

The helpline van looked pretty impressive ( read new ) as compared to other paid road assistance vans which look like junk
Time to reclaim my Life – 2012 Tata Safari Dicor (aka Beast)-img2012101800170.jpg

The engine check light went off on it's own
Time to reclaim my Life – 2012 Tata Safari Dicor (aka Beast)-img2012101800169.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Firstly - Congrats on your Drive. Not sure how i missed this earlier. Wishing you many miles of safe and happy driving the beast.

I had similar issues and after several frustrating and paranoid drives (when the engine failure light comes on) and several visits to the TASS and multiple so called "permanent" fixes, the final issue seemed to be with the Display unit. They changed this once and all such issues were resolved - atleast thus far. I havent got this problem for almost 18 months now.

BTW, my experience with the toll free number was quite great, especially, with the break down service. They call you back in quick time, get the service person on a conference, take address and make sure you are attended to very quickly. I have experienced this twice in the last one year and had a very pleasant and surprising experience.
Yes the toll free guys sounded pretty friendly and i got prompt call backs to inform me about the status however was bounced quite a few times and my first call went on for about 22 mins which was a little long duration. Also see my above post for the outcome , it's on similar lines as to what happened with you so i guess we'll have to live with it.

BTW Thanks for your wishes. I bought this vehicle to reclaim my life and am doing it every moment
Old 18th October 2012, 18:20   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on your lovely car. She looks like my car's long lost sister. Hope you have an uneventful and fulfilling ownership lasting many many miles.
Old 18th October 2012, 19:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

Rewind - 2 weeks back

Someone banged my Safaris bumper in a Gurgaon mall parking in my absence and the front left side of the bumper had a big bump and was an eye sore for me. After checking with multiple safari owners in my circle i found a very simple solution.

I'll let the pictures do the talking

This is how the bump looked like
Time to reclaim my Life – 2012 Tata Safari Dicor (aka Beast)-img2012100500127.jpg

Softening the plastic by burning cardboard and moving it near the bump. I was like dude if something happens to the bumper then you're dead
Time to reclaim my Life – 2012 Tata Safari Dicor (aka Beast)-img2012100600129.jpg

Time to reclaim my Life – 2012 Tata Safari Dicor (aka Beast)-img2012100600130.jpg

Time to reclaim my Life – 2012 Tata Safari Dicor (aka Beast)-img2012100600132.jpg

Time to reclaim my Life – 2012 Tata Safari Dicor (aka Beast)-img2012100600133.jpg
Looks like he's doing aarti
Time to reclaim my Life – 2012 Tata Safari Dicor (aka Beast)-img2012100600134.jpg

The final product , almost perfect
Time to reclaim my Life – 2012 Tata Safari Dicor (aka Beast)-img2012100600135.jpg

Total damage - Rs 200.

This was the first expense that i made after about 13000 kms of ownership besides the accessories and diesel
harishnayak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2012, 23:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Update

Got the 3d Free service done today. I did not have any major issues so asked them to do regular service.

As i had burnt my hands with Autolinks so after some research i decided to go to CONCORDE motors ( Mathura road ) which is a company owned TASS

Here's my feedback from todays service -

My Experience with concorde motors -

Staff - Very friendly and helpful , good attitude and have been groomed well to handle tricky/irate customers like me :P

Facility - Good infra , nice Customer lounge with tea/coffee at regular intervals. Addition of wi-fi could have taken the experience to the next level considering the long hours that we need to spend at a very far location from Delhi

Bill - Very reasonable according to me Spending Rs 5655 for next 15000 kms is lesser than what i pay for my Small hatch Spark

Washing - Needed to guide them to look into nitigrities however acceptable

Test drive - Yes and very well explained

CUSTOMER DELIGHT - The doors were making squeaky noises , handbrake was loose and i din't even bother to ask them to fix it however they identified it themselves during the test drive and got it fixed. Now there's not even a single noise from my car. 5 star for this extra initiative

Recommended - HELL YA
harishnayak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2013, 08:42   #25
BHPian

Hi Harish,

You have maintained a decent ownership review so far. Congratulations.

Any current updates on the beast? how is she performing?

I am another safari fanatic and think to own one in near future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks