Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2012, 12:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3

Congrats on this awesome buy! Kizashi has got an amazing engine and that catchy design and you also get MSIL's reliability and best service back up as a bonus. I could very much relate to this statement of yours, "I have never been a fan of top-speed. I prefer acceleration." 130 kph @ 2200 RPM, now that's something! Enjoy your ride and post some interior pics of the dials and lighting.

Last edited by DerAlte : 11th November 2012 at 21:32. Reason: As requested by thread creator
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2012, 12:29   #17
BHPian

Congratulations, Bluu, on the Kizashi. Its indeed a very beautiful car.

Please post some pics detailing the interiors.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2012, 12:32   #18
BHPian

Awesome review Bluu. Your thread was so absorbing.Congratulations to you on the new bomb. Literally, it is.

Between, are you planning to put a Team-bhp sticker on the new car? With very few Kizhashis in Bangalore, you may be easily spotted even otherwise too.

Last edited by B103 : 11th November 2012 at 12:34.
B103 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2012, 12:45   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Blue on the Kizashi. Looks nice in White.

4 Lacs off makes it a good deal. I like the silver or the grey whatever is called.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the car.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2012, 12:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on buying such a fabulous car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
Not that it would be needed since the car was doing 130 kph at 1800 RPM with consummate ease.
This somehow doesn't sound right. Can you please check and confirm again? If 130 comes at 1800 rpm, what would be the rpm at 60 kmph and 100 kmph in the 5th gear? Or is it CVT specific behavior? In which case your car must deliver exceptional FE
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2012, 12:55   #21
BHPian

Thanks everyone! The thread became public earlier than I thought. Thanks noopster! I will definitely post more photos, especially of the interiors, once I return to Bangalore on the 13th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Congrats on the new car Bluu! Your thought process is very clear and it certainly seems the Kizashi is the best choice for you given your needs.

Apart from the superior ride quality, what else do you like about upgrading from the SX4? You mentioned safety features, can you please elaborate? Some interior pics added will really help.
The things I love are the Suzuki "house" characteristics that are common to the Swift, the SX4 and the Kizashi. All three handle well, are well planted and are tons of fun to drive. The Kizashi elevates the experience to a whole new level thanks to that sweet motor. The steering is an electric unit and feels great. It has the right amount of weight to keep you interested and gives spot-on feedback from the road. Not too heavy, not too light. The Kizashi is also lower than the SX4 so it rolls much lesser.

From a safety standpoint, my '07 SX4 had only seatbelts as safety features but the Kizzie has 6 airbags, ABS with EBD and ESP. With a baby in tow, I am much happier with the added safety blanket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
Awesome review Bluu. Your thread was so absorbing.Congratulations to you on the new bomb. Literally, it is.

Between, are you planning to put a Team-bhp sticker on the new car? With very few Kizhashis in Bangalore, you may be easily spotted even otherwise too.
Thank you for your kind words. I have already shortlisted two stickers for the car. It will be hard to spot the stickers since they are the thin white ones so being eagle eyed will help

@Guna - You are correct. 130kph is closer to 2,200 odd RPM and not 1,800 as I mentioned in the OP. I will request mods to change the number to 2,200 since it is misleading. Apologies. The FE (as claimed by Suzuki) is marginally better than the manual transmission which belies the norm. I am currently getting around 10kpl but I squarely blame the terrible traffic on the drive to Chennai for it. On the earlier long drive (in OP) I was getting 11kpl.

Last edited by Bluu : 11th November 2012 at 13:02.
Bluu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2012, 13:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Many many congratulations and hope that you will have loads of fun with your new car. Its a great looking car and with the discounts underway a great product to buy. Looking forward as well to more pictures especially of the interior!
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2012, 21:26   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the car. I have been reading about a 5L discount on Kizashi, but see you got only around 4.xx L! Am I missing something?
Old 11th November 2012, 23:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats on the car. I have been reading about a 5L discount on Kizashi, but see you got only around 4.xx L! Am I missing something?
Thanks! The 5L amount is a dealer discount. MSIL was offering approximately 3.2L as a manufacturer discount. I got 4L after Bimal reduced their dealer margin in order to complete the sale since their original deal to me was for 4L before that dealer car got sold. I could have pushed for more but I don't have that bargaining gene in me.
Bluu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 08:39   #25
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations! It is refreshing to see a petrol sedan with good performance making it to the Ownership Reports. A refreshing change I must add.

And going by what Samurai & Sudev have to say about Suzuki Cars (badged M-S), you are in for miles of happiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
130kph is closer to 2,200 odd RPM and not 1,800 as I mentioned in the OP. I will request mods to change the number to 2,200 since it is misleading. Apologies.
Please do click on report post and ask it to be edited. The mods would do the needful. This

Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 08:54   #26
BHPian

Congrats Bluu for the Kizashi. Its an amazing car and with the discounts pouring, it becomes all the more affordable. Well during my search for a new car, Maruti dealers here were not willing to offer me a newly indented car with such discounts so did not even test drive one. Please post interior pics and wish you many happy miles in your new ride.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 10:01   #27
BHPian

Congrats Bluu. Your choice certainly makes you stand out from the crowd. With the huge discount this makes a very good competitor in the 20L segment

Hope she serves you well for a long time. Do post a few interior pics.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 11:02   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Congratulations! It is refreshing to see a petrol sedan with good performance making it to the Ownership Reports. A refreshing change I must add.

And going by what Samurai & Sudev have to say about Suzuki Cars (badged M-S), you are in for miles of happiness.

Please do click on report post and ask it to be edited. The mods would do the needful. This

Thanks Sheel! I've always had an affinity for petrol sedans so the Kizashi made perfect sense.

The OP has already been edited by a mod to reflect the change.
Cheers!
Bluu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 12:13   #29
BHPian

Congratulations Bluu for acquiring the finest Maruti! Just forget the resale, this is truly an exotic, so go ahead and enjoy driving. One can imagine the market response if this car was assembled here and priced below 15 lakhs OTR, coupled with the legendary Maruti reliability. More pics, please.
Old 12th November 2012, 12:15   #30
BHPian

Congrats on the Kizashi Bluu.

A friend of mine was looking to go for it but eventually dropped out due to rising P prices. We had taken a test drive & it does feel completed planted at highway speeds.

BTW while I know it is still under running-in but "Kitna Deti Hai"

Happy Motoring

Most Viewed