Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2012, 14:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3

Congrats on the beautiful Kizashi, Bluu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
.... I am writing this update from Chennai and the plan is to use Old Madras Road to go back from Ranipet .....
Please watch out for the potholes/craters on the Palamner-Mulbagal stretch (closer towards Mulbagal). They appear all of a sudden on an otherwise good road.
Old 12th November 2012, 15:02   #32
BHPian

Congrats for the Kizzie bluu. So a petrolhead bought a Petrol car literally.
How was the steering feedback of car at curves and corner? The best way to test them is the Yercaud hill climb. Try them up and see how the car behave since you do frequent trips to chennai.

I guess the vibs in the steering is due to wobbling. You can try getting the wheels balanced (Tyre empire or Madhus). I had that issue in my Linea initially.
Old 12th November 2012, 17:55   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Congrats on the beautiful Kizashi, Bluu

Please watch out for the potholes/craters on the Palamner-Mulbagal stretch (closer towards Mulbagal). They appear all of a sudden on an otherwise good road.
This is why I love TBHP! Thanks for the heads up Blue Thunder! Will keep an eye out for those potholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Congrats for the Kizzie bluu. So a petrolhead bought a Petrol car literally.
How was the steering feedback of car at curves and corner? The best way to test them is the Yercaud hill climb. Try them up and see how the car behave since you do frequent trips to chennai.

I guess the vibs in the steering is due to wobbling. You can try getting the wheels balanced (Tyre empire or Madhus). I had that issue in my Linea initially.
Thanks, I am currently traveling with my entire family including my dog and baby so I cannot try what my wife calls "fancy moves". I will plan a trip to Elagiri to see how the car handles on curves. Whatever little I have cornered, the steering feel is good.

Nikhil also suspects that the wheels need balancing to eliminate the wobble. That is first on my list of things to do when I get back to Bangy. Will update the thread once I get the balancing and alignment done.
Bluu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2012, 11:29   #34
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Bluu. Great choice indeed!

This is one product from the Suzuki stable which I really liked. Looks very contemporary and elegant, and excellent build quality. IMO the car should have done really well if they pitted it against the likes of Laura, Jetta etc., instead of targeting the Passat, Accord category.

Drive safe!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2012, 20:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! a fellow Kizashi owner! you are certainly right about the power mine begs to be pushed and with those brakes, you sure are instilled with confidence to do so. Have you tried motorman's engine break-in technique? A friend of mine finally convinced me to do so with this car and I have to say I am getting pretty impressive results. The trick is to let the engine loose and try to stay atleast 500rpm below the red-line. my engine is now silky smooth and I get about 9-10 in the city and an easy 12 and sometimes 13kpl on the Outer ring road. Obviously those figures weren't achieved by letting the "engine loose" :P you ought to be able to manage a slightly better figure since the cvt is supposed to be more efficient than my manual. Of course this is my first car so I encourage you to try it with caution as I do not have the experience to highly recommend stuff like this. That being said I will stay glued to this thread and I hope to see a few more Kizashi owners in the future

Last edited by noopster : 14th November 2012 at 09:58. Reason: High speed reference removed
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2012, 20:55   #36
BHPian

Congats on your new drive. I had driven the car when it was launched and I came back very impressed. Maruti Suzuki should assemble the car in India and bring the car for abt 15 lakhs thus competting with the corolla altis, elantra, laura & jetta rather than go head to head with the passat and superb.

Enjoy each and every minute you have with the car. Its exclusive.
The Hurricane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 00:54   #37
BHPian

Congrats on your new Snow white Bluu. Wishing you miles of happy journeys .

That TD car with that Silver-Grey shade looks damn good, at-least to me. Feeling very bad to see such a good car being an absolute flop in India; simply let down by its price. Looking forward to more of your ownership reports and more pictures as well.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 23:28   #38
BHPian

Update - Return Leg Chennai - Bangalore

Diwali is my favorite festival. Why? Because the roads are empty. I have driven once before from Chennai to Bangalore during Diwali and you feel as if you own the highway. This time around, the traffic was not as thin as three years ago but it was still next to nothing and the drive was exactly what I was expecting: easy cruising at highway speeds with no fuss and a lot of comfort! Since I have already written a lot about the driving experience, here are some photos. Please pardon the quality. My beloved Golden Retriever, Scooter was part of the trip and his hair gets into EVERYTHING (a Black and Decker car vac is on order from Flipkart) plus these were shot with my Note.

Size comparison with a Nano:

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai001.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai002.jpg

Rear three quarters are the sexiest:

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai003.jpg

Scooter:

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai004.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai005.jpg

Notice the sign on right of the photo, above the biker's helmet:

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai006.jpg

Lot of flyovers being built. Notice diversion signage on screen-left:

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai007.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai008.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai009.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai010.jpg

Interiors:

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai011.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai012.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai013.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai014.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai015.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai016.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai018.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai019.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai020.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai021.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai022.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai023.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai024.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai025.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai026.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai027.jpg

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-chennai028.jpg

The interior switchgear back-lighting is all red and looks astounding in the dark. I will try and get some clear shots and update the thread soon. Thanks for reading!
Bluu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 00:34   #39
BHPian

Thanks for the pictures Bluu . Nice doggie you having there.

One doubt. The inner door handles and the the power window switches look exactly similar to the one in Swift/Dzire/SX4 . Are they same ?
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 00:51   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Thanks for the pictures Bluu . Nice doggie you having there.

One doubt. The inner door handles and the the power window switches look exactly similar to the one in Swift/Dzire/SX4 . Are they same ?
Not sure about the handles but the power window switches are the same as the sx4
Old 15th November 2012, 00:54   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Not sure about the handles but the power window switches are the same as the sx4
Okay. I mean, i have heard reports that material quality of door handle and power window switches is cheap on Swift. So, is there any such issues here, or , is it sorted out ?
Old 15th November 2012, 01:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover

Okay. I mean, i have heard reports that material quality of door handle and power window switches is cheap on Swift. So, is there any such issues here, or , is it sorted out ?
The door handle certainly seems to have a certain robust weight to it and as for the switches well they are good so far definitely doesnt feel flimsy like on the swift and they also have a more defined movement if that makes any sense :P quality is great you ought to try the car out maybe just ask them for a test drive, it doesn't hurt
Old 15th November 2012, 14:29   #43
BHPian

Re: A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
The door handle certainly seems to have a certain robust weight to it and as for the switches well they are good so far definitely doesnt feel flimsy like on the swift and they also have a more defined movement if that makes any sense :P quality is great you ought to try the car out maybe just ask them for a test drive, it doesn't hurt
Congrats on getting the manual Kizashi!

I agree with your answer. The switches are the same but the feel is completely different from my SX4. Even on the SX4, the switches never felt flimsy or cheap but they definitely could have been more upmarket on the Kizashi. The door handles are perfectly fine.

I have question for the gurus: Maruti want me to bring in the car for its first service at 1000km which is typical for other MSIL cars but when I checked the service interval as recommended by Suzuki, the first service only needs to be done at 12,500km or 7.5 months, whichever is earlier. When I spoke to the service advisor, he said they will check and change the oil if needed. When I told him that the car runs on synthetic oil and it doesn't need to be changed so soon, he didn't have a convincing reply. I don't want any warranty issues but at the same time I don't want to waste my time at the shop. I'm considering calling him and speaking about it. Anyone have any thoughts about it?
Bluu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 20:14   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
I have question for the gurus: Maruti want me to bring in the car for its first service at 1000km which is typical for other MSIL cars but when I checked the service interval as recommended by Suzuki, the first service only needs to be done at 12,500km or 7.5 months, whichever is earlier. When I spoke to the service advisor, he said they will check and change the oil if needed. When I told him that the car runs on synthetic oil and it doesn't need to be changed so soon, he didn't have a convincing reply. I don't want any warranty issues but at the same time I don't want to waste my time at the shop. I'm considering calling him and speaking about it. Anyone have any thoughts about it?
I have spoken to the service advisor and while he was reluctant to agree to not service the car at 1,000 km, he finally agreed to service it at 5,000 which is still 7,500 lesser than what Suzuki recommends. However, I am planning to take the car in at the 6 month mark since I'm certain I would not hit those numbers in that short a time period.

Flipkart delivered the Black and Decker DustBuster Auto vacuum cleaner. It's a neat package which I can recommend to anyone looking for similar kit. The vacuum comes with a couple of nozzles built into the main unit and also with an extension hose and some extra nozzles and brushes for when you want to undertake some deep cleaning. For 2,600 rupees, it's a really nice deal.
Bluu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:23   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats @Bluu.

How is the CVT overall? I mean can you post some details?
I read somewhere that the RPM to speed ratio (in any given gear) can change depending upon driving style. Is that true? Did you experience anything like that so far?

And how is the manual mode? Does it wait till redline for the driver to upshift? And if you downshift, if you are in the valid RPM range, does it downshift instantly?

Does it shift to neutral on it's own if you brake and come to a complete halt, say on a red signal?

Cheers!

Most Viewed