Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2013, 17:05   #61
BHPian

Re: 3000 km Update

- The average fuel consumption shows the volume of fuel consumed for the previous hundred kms. It is not the actual FE. I remember feeling all smug about that fact that the car gave ~10.5 in the city before I was disabused and disillusioned. So the actual FE = 100/ reading of average FE meter.
- The seats get really dirty, really fast. I had the car cleaned professionally a couple of weeks ago and this is what the seat looks like today. Have not found an effective seat cleaner yet. Do let me know if you know of a good one.

Hey Hooloovoo - about the FE part, you can change that display on the settings. It has both ltrs / 100 kms or direct avg fuel economy of kms / ltr. Go to display settings and that can be changed.

Yes. it does get dirty soon. specially sides of the driver seat and also sometimes the door pad where the shoe kicks in.

but yeah.. guess its an overall pleasure to drive me thinks..
Old 20th February 2013, 17:48   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3000 km Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
I live in Kadugodi which means I can drive on the highway almost all the way to my front door without having to deal with city traffic. The four lane stretch of 70-odd km to Hoskote is awesome!

My apartment has stilt parking and there is a massive monkey menace.
Wow, must be an awesome place to live - this Kadugodi.
Four lane highways, no traffic and monkeys!!! You need no special vacation, every day would be refreshing .

What's your highway FE?

Cheers!
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 21:16   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3

Since this seems to be a combined ownership report let me fill everyone in on my car too :P
Crossed the 5k mark last week no issues yet. I do share Hooloovoo's woes about the doors not locking and the seats getting very dirty very fast. Service has been excellent though. Some nut backed into my car in a parking lot and left it with a broken fog lamp and a damaged water pump for the wipers. I called the service person that I was supposed to and had the parts arrive in two days. They stock everything in Gurgaon but there is no delay on bringing them here. Had the oil filter and oil changed for free too (apparently the M.D. instructed them to do so) The oil filter was a SGP made in Japan and incidently the fog lights and their housing are made by Osram maybe a deal they made when working with Volkswagen I'm not really sure anyway the car is back now and it's running fine still getting an average of 11km to the liter.
Modifications so far, none really just had the car coated with some 3M thingamabob and it looks stunning. Huge dust collector though. Oh and also fitted genuine mudflaps which again had to be brought from Gurgaon for 6 thousand seemed pricey but oh well. All in all, still smiles
Here's a not so recent photo from my trip to the Muziris Biennale in Kochi
Attached Thumbnails
A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-537065_10151440700089171_2085742428_n.jpg  

Last edited by IshaanIan : 20th February 2013 at 21:20.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 10:23   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Here's a not so recent photo from my trip to the Muziris Biennale in Kochi
Wow, what a lake!
Yours is a CVT or MT?
Old 21st February 2013, 10:28   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

Wow, what a lake!
Yours is a CVT or MT?
It was a naturally aspirated petrol. I had to have the MT the lake and the roads were epic. Stretches of twisty mountain roads couldn't get enough of the car I could just throw it into any corner at any speed and it would simply grip

Last edited by IshaanIan : 21st February 2013 at 10:30.
Old 22nd February 2013, 19:08   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooloovoo View Post
- The doors don't auto-lock when the car starts/ picks up speed.
- The A/C defaults to fresh air in auto mode, I need to manually switch it back to recirculate.
- The car's slightly sluggish in the 40-60 range.
- The average fuel consumption shows the volume of fuel consumed for the previous hundred kms. It is not the actual FE. I remember feeling all smug about that fact that the car gave ~10.5 in the city before I was disabused and disillusioned. So the actual FE = 100/ reading of average FE meter.
- The seats get really dirty, really fast. I had the car cleaned professionally a couple of weeks ago and this is what the seat looks like today. Have not found an effective seat cleaner yet. Do let me know if you know of a good one.
1. Correct, doors don't auto-lock. One has to get used to manually locking before take-off.
2. The AC is completely wonky. Cools beautifully but has a mind of its own. Bangalore is cool in the winter and it was always being fiddly with the modes. The auto-fresh-air mode is ghastly for Indian conditions. It also gets engaged if you use the windshield defogger mode.
3. Use the paddles any time you need that power to come in quickly. The car is tuned towards economy so blipping down a gear (or two) can really help you speed away (be careful, as always). Afterthought: I didn't figure this out till 2,800kms (LOL!) but you don't need to be in M mode to use the paddles. That's needed only for using the actual gear-lever to change gears rally-style (+/-) so if you need to drop a gear, you don't need to kick-down since even that is slower than just blipping the paddle.
4. Forget about FE with this baby. Just enjoy the power and comfort
5. My seats are not terribly dirty. I have both ArmorAll and 3M dressers with me. Haven't tried the 3M yet but the ArmorAll did a good job of removing palm prints from the driver side door grab-handle. You can buy the combo pack from 3M and get the the best bang for your buck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzz View Post
- about the FE part, you can change that display on the settings. It has both ltrs / 100 kms or direct avg fuel economy of kms / ltr. Go to display settings and that can be changed.
How do I change this? Can't find anything about it unless you mean using the DISP button to change from historic FE to real-time which is also useless since I'd rather keep my eyes on the road.
Quote:
Wow, must be an awesome place to live - this Kadugodi.
Four lane highways, no traffic and monkeys!!! You need no special vacation, every day would be refreshing.

What's your highway FE?

Cheers!
LOL! Kadugodi is a little village but I'd choose it over the hustle-bustle of the city for day-to-day living. Combined FE reported by the car was 9.6L/100KM which comes to 10.4 which means highway FE must be in the range of 11.5 or so. I haven't bothered to accurately measure it.

Quote:
Since this seems to be a combined ownership report let me fill everyone in on my car too :P
Sorry to hear about the accident. Good to know that MSIL reacted as per promised (at least to me) within two days to source parts.

Last edited by Bluu : 22nd February 2013 at 19:10. Reason: Removed smilies in quoted text
Old 22nd February 2013, 19:15   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

3. Use the paddles any time you need that power to come in quickly. The car is tuned towards economy so blipping down a gear (or two) can really help you speed away (be careful, as always). Afterthought: I didn't figure this out till 2,800kms (LOL!) but you don't need to be in M mode to use the paddles. That's needed only for using the actual gear-lever to change gears rally-style (+/-) so if you need to drop a gear, you don't need to kick-down since even that is slower than just blipping the paddle.

Wow, so paddles are always available, even it auto mode? And the response is instant? That's amazing.

Quote:
LOL! Kadugodi is a little village but I'd choose it over the hustle-bustle of the city for day-to-day living.
+1.
Even I would do the same, given a choice.
Old 22nd February 2013, 20:32   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How do I change this? Can't find anything about it unless you mean using the DISP button to change from historic FE to real-time which is also useless since I'd rather keep my eyes on the road.
Keep the disp button held for a few seconds and you'll enter the settings menu I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out from there oh and yes knowing that Suzuki could deliver on their promise was a huge relief.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 14:54   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, so paddles are always available, even it auto mode? And the response is instant? That's amazing.
Yeah, I found out by accident Kick-down acceleration is good but even that takes half a second to drop a gear. With the paddles, the shift is instant!
Old 24th February 2013, 10:33   #70
Senior - BHPian

Just a note to those who might think of getting the genuine mudflaps fitted: Stick around to check how it is being done. Since it is quite complicated and the instructions provided are only in Japanese xD
Old 26th February 2013, 01:55   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Keep the disp button held for a few seconds and you'll enter the settings menu I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out from there oh and yes knowing that Suzuki could deliver on their promise was a huge relief.
[quote=Bluu;3048386]1.

Yup.. like Ishaan mentioned, its the same option on DISP to change setting by using long hold similar to the long hold on TRIP to reset the trip readings.
Puzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 16:17   #72
BHPian

Hey guys just got delivery of my snow white pearl kizashi MT today.
Will post pics soon.
Old 19th March 2013, 16:44   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Hey guys just got delivery of my snow white pearl kizashi MT today.
Will post pics soon.
Congratulations not only is it great to see another person committed to this car but it's cool to know you picked the manual too
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 19:33   #74
BHPian

Yeah no fun without the three pedals anyways these are the pictures as I promised.
Many parts to arrive in 15 days and to be fitted such as the cover in the bonnet that was eaten by rats in godown, the engine cover due to scratched suzuki naming, the four rubber points on the roof. Other than the three things the car is a gem to drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzz View Post

Hey Hooloovoo - about the FE part, you can change that display on the settings. It has both ltrs / 100 kms or direct avg fuel economy of kms / ltr. Go to display settings and that can be changed.

Yes. it does get dirty soon. specially sides of the driver seat and also sometimes the door pad where the shoe kicks in.

but yeah.. guess its an overall pleasure to drive me thinks..
Hey the solution to the l/100km is in the manual. You have to press and hold the DISP button for 5 seconds till the settings come up then press the trip button to go to fuel economy and select it by pressing disp. After entering the fuel economy setting go to KM/L and press disp and that does it press trip to go back.
Attached Thumbnails
A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-20130318_130341_800x600.jpg  

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-20130318_131357_800x600.jpg  

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-20130318_142432_800x600.jpg  

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-20130318_142735_800x600.jpg  

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-20130318_215822_800x600.jpg  

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-20130318_215839_800x600.jpg  

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-dsc_0025_800x600.jpg  

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-dsc_0026_800x600.jpg  

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-dsc_0027_800x600.jpg  

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-dsc_0028_800x600.jpg  

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-20130318_215704_800x600.jpg  

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-20130318_215713_800x600.jpg  

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-20130318_215722_800x600.jpg  

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-20130318_215739_800x600.jpg  

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-20130318_215747_800x600.jpg  

A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3-20130318_215806_800x600.jpg  

rockporiom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 23:46   #75
BHPian

Hey guys just wanted to ask a question, according to the manual the service is to be done like this:
1st Service - 7500 KM
2nd Service - 15000 KM
and every service after that at every 15000 KM

But the service center people say that it is to be done like this:
1st service - 1000 KM
2nd service - 5000 KM
3rd service - 10000 KM
and after that every 10000 KM

What should i follow the service center or the manual?

NOTE: i have to do the first service at 1000KM anyways because of the parts that have to be replaced that I mentioned in the previous post.

Most Viewed