Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2013, 23:54   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3

Why don't you ask this to the dealer (manual service intervals)? Yes manufactured specified interval is what is to be followed, hope the intervals mentioned are for india as a region (do check), ie if manual was printed for India. Is there any time duration upper limit mentioned along with the distance?

Service center intervals quoted are what they follow for other MUL vehicles, so it can be generalization also.

And you can fix the parts with a regular visit also, not necessarily a service.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th March 2013 at 23:56.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 00:16   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Why don't you ask this to the dealer (manual service intervals)? Yes manufactured specified interval is what is to be followed, hope the intervals mentioned are for india as a region (do check), ie if manual was printed for India. Is there any time duration upper limit mentioned along with the distance?

Service center intervals quoted are what they follow for other MUL vehicles, so it can be generalization also.

And you can fix the parts with a regular visit also, not necessarily a service.
According to the dealer I should follow the one stated by service center. The manual is not region specific as it has instructions for other countries also. Anyways does any one know if there is any cost to be paid for the three free services(I mean in terms of fluid top up and other expenses).
Old 20th March 2013, 01:41   #78
BHPian

One thing that confuses me is why does this car not have the provision for extended warranty. Doesn't Suzuki have confidence that their product can last longer than the two year warranty.
AFAIK every car in maruti suzuki has the option of 2+2 years extended warranty then why is their flagship sedan not having this option especially after the high price?

I would have liked the option of having extended warranty since the parts are quiet pricey. Just to name a few the xenon headlamps alone cost Rs.12000 a pair, alloy wheels cost Rs.60000 a set of 4. The best example is the parts that have been promised to me to be changed for free that i mentioned in the previous post(the engine cover, hood cover, RHS ORVM, roof mounts, boot carpet, Battery) alone cost a whopping Rs.65000/- that is without counting service charge and tax

But again I think that it is one of the disadvantages of having a CBU since parts have to also be imported

My car will be called pretty soon for fitting the parts and i think it will due for the 1st service by then will update you guys about the cost(if any) for the service. The boon is that there is only one technician who is allowed to touch the Kizashi and do any work on that so at least I know who is doing work on it and it is in safe and knowledgeable hands.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 07:15   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
One thing that confuses me is why does this car not have the provision for extended warranty. Doesn't Suzuki have confidence that their product can last longer than the two year warranty.
AFAIK every car in maruti suzuki has the option of 2+2 years extended warranty then why is their flagship sedan not having this option especially after the high price?

I would have liked the option of having extended warranty since the parts are quiet pricey. Just to name a few the xenon headlamps alone cost Rs.12000 a pair, alloy wheels cost Rs.60000 a set of 4. The best example is the parts that have been promised to me to be changed for free that i mentioned in the previous post(the engine cover, hood cover, RHS ORVM, roof mounts, boot carpet, Battery) alone cost a whopping Rs.65000/- that is without counting service charge and tax

But again I think that it is one of the disadvantages of having a CBU since parts have to also be imported

My car will be called pretty soon for fitting the parts and i think it will due for the 1st service by then will update you guys about the cost(if any) for the service. The boon is that there is only one technician who is allowed to touch the Kizashi and do any work on that so at least I know who is doing work on it and it is in safe and knowledgeable hands.
what I have learned in the brief 6000 km that I have covered is that the employees here in our country are simply not knowledgeable enough and frankly when we were told that we could not get an extended warranty, I was glad cause that meant I could give it to a garage of my choice. Don't you have an auto garage that you can trust?
As far as parts go, I think they are still comparable if not cheaper than the accord, teana, camry or other D+ segment cars.
Old 20th March 2013, 08:09   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Because there is no need. In my 5+ years of Grand Vitara Ownership, zero parts have failed. All the part changes so far were due to wear and tear, and it started only after 3 years.

Quote:
I would have liked the option of having extended warranty since the parts are quiet pricey. Just to name a few the xenon headlamps alone cost Rs.12000 a pair, alloy wheels cost Rs.60000 a set of 4.
Why are you expecting them to fail?

Quote:
The best example is the parts that have been promised to me to be changed for free that i mentioned in the previous post(the engine cover, hood cover, RHS ORVM, roof mounts, boot carpet, Battery) alone cost a whopping Rs.65000/- that is without counting service charge and tax
Those happened not because of manufacturer defect, but storage by dealer.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 08:26   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What should i follow the service center or the manual?
The Manual.

Maruti Suzuki India specify the same service intervals that apply for an Alto right up to the Kizashi. This is incorrect. Follow what is specified in the owners manual. Your warranty will not be void.

However; I would get a air filter clean up done every 10000km as the dust levels are too high. This is a 5 minute job at the service center.
Old 20th March 2013, 09:58   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
According to the dealer I should follow the one stated by service center. ===========Anyways does any one know if there is any cost to be paid for the three free services(I mean in terms of fluid top up and other expenses).
They might charge for the oil, if they do an oil change. Otherwise bill would be pretty much close to zero, to be paid.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 10:20   #83
BHPian

Mod team note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
what I have learned in the brief 6000 km that I have covered is that the employees here in our country are simply not knowledgeable enough and frankly when we were told that we could not get an extended warranty, I was glad cause that meant I could give it to a garage of my choice. Don't you have an auto garage that you can trust?
As far as parts go, I think they are still comparable if not cheaper than the accord, teana, camry or other D+ segment cars.
I had one trustworthy mechanic who use to take care of all the cars in our family right from HM ambassador to esteem to 118 NE but he recently passed away :( since then I have to rely on official service station. The technician of kiran motors is the only one who is trained for kizashi so I think he knows what he is doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

Why are you expecting them to fail?
I am expecting them to fail because the car was simply lying in the godown for two years where as I suppose that your GV was a fresh import is it correct?

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th March 2013 at 10:32. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 10:59   #84
BHPian

Does anyone Know a good workshop in Ahmedabad that can take care of imports like Kizashi because last time when I got some dent work done on my Dzire the guy messed up the whole job leaving the whole car with different shades of silver
Old 29th March 2013, 09:32   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone Know a good workshop in Ahmedabad that can take care of imports like Kizashi because last time when I got some dent work done on my Dzire the guy messed up the whole job leaving the whole car with different shades of silver
I think it's best if you stick with MSIL for the Kizashi. You can't afford to have just any mechanic poke around. Also, to my knowledge, repainting a car or it's parts must be done at the manufacturer's or at a dedicated paint shop in order to get close to the original factory color and even then I don't think the paint will match 100%.

Here's hoping you never have to repaint your Kiz or get dents removed.
Old 14th April 2013, 16:39   #86
BHPian

hey guys just posted my initial ownership review on

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ash-beast.html (Suzuki Kizashi - Unleash the Beast)

Last edited by Eddy : 14th April 2013 at 17:46. Reason: Corrected the link
Old 28th April 2013, 16:00   #87
BHPian

Hey guys
just had one query. I park my Kizashi in the house on kind of a slight slope and pull the hand brake.

Now the problem is that when I start reversing(after an hour or so) to remove the car out and release the handbrake a loud THUD sound comes from the rear brakes as though something has been banged. It comes from both sides of the car and it is quiet loud. (this is not a one time sound it comes everytime)

Is this normal for the Kizashi? also is this an issue with the rear discs?

Sorry if the question is stupid but this is our first car that has discs at the back. Need opinion from Kizashi owners

EDIT: also would like to add that this sound was not there when the car was new.

Last edited by rockporiom : 28th April 2013 at 16:07.
Old 28th April 2013, 16:46   #88
BHPian

Re: 3000 km Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooloovoo View Post

- The doors don't auto-lock when the car starts/ picks up speed.
Hey this issue can be solved please contact the anytime maruti number and tell them that the feature is listed in the brochure then why isn't it working. Ask them for regional office number and tell them the same, give them the necessary information they ask. Please mention in the anytime maruti that you don't have any problem with the dealer(i.e. if u don't) or else they will give a nice hearing to the dealer(this is what happened in my case and I had to call back maruti to clarify it is not the dealer's fault and my complaint is with maruti itself).

This did it for me.

The actual problem is that the key fob that comes from JAPAN is not made by NIPPON that makes all the keys for MSIL cars. Hence the code that is required to enable the feature is different since the key is made by a company known as CALSONIC KANSEI CORP.

visit this link and spot the similarity of your keyless system: http://www.calsonickansei.co.jp/engl...ke_system.html

My service executive assured me that it can be done and told that the car will have to be sent to maruti regional office and will at least take 2 days since they will do a conference with MSIL DELHI and Suzuki Japan. The coding will be done while on the conference.

Going to send the car in about 2 weeks. Let's see what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Oh and also fitted genuine mudflaps which again had to be brought from Gurgaon for 6 thousand seemed pricey but oh well. All in all, still smiles
Didn't you get the mudflaps as standard. Its even mentioned in the brochure that front and rear mudguards are standard why did you have to pay for them?

Last edited by rockporiom : 28th April 2013 at 16:56.
rockporiom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 09:29   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys
just had one query. I park my Kizashi in the house on kind of a slight slope and pull the hand brake.

Now the problem is that when I start reversing(after an hour or so) to remove the car out and release the handbrake a loud THUD sound comes from the rear brakes as though something has been banged. It comes from both sides of the car and it is quiet loud. (this is not a one time sound it comes everytime)

Sorry if the question is stupid but this is our first car that has discs at the back. Need opinion from Kizashi owners

EDIT: also would like to add that this sound was not there when the car was new.
The reverse gear isn't very slick but noises like that? No they are not normal at all.
Oh and I never knew that splash guards are a standard fitment eitherway all parts are paid for by the leasing company
Interesting what you mentioned about the key fob. So you're saying that once resolved the doors will automatically lock at speeds greater than 10kph? Do keep us posted on the outcome of this I would really like to know what Suzuki does to resolve this.
Old 29th April 2013, 10:47   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys

That's due to rust formation on the brake discs. When you apply the hand brake and park the car, rust starts to grow, forming a bond between the brake discs and pads. When you release the hand brake and start to reverse this bond breaks and causes this thud sound. This sound will be produced even if you put your car in first and move forward.

You would have observed that this phenomenon will be amplified when you park the car after driving in the rains or after giving your car a wash or if you tend to keep your car parked for very long durations. It will also be amplified if you apply the handbrake very tightly, due to parking on a steep gradient.

If your parking area is flat, apply the handbrake lightly and put the car in first. This will reduce the 'thud' sound and you will also preserve your rear discs.
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed