Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2012, 23:05   #61
Team-BHP Support

re: My Renault Duster 110 BHP RXL. EDIT: 25000 kms, Phase 2 accessories report

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Suchit - Spoke to my friends again and realised I was wrong, my bad!
The friend who bought the Duster doesn't have the 3D mats and the other friend who has the 3D mats bought a Scorpio in fact ! The confusion was because both mentioned they bought the accessories for their cars from the same shop
I did speak to a couple of contacts (Krishna Decor and Torque) and they mentioned that the 3D mats for Duster can be expected by end of December.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
Thanks for taking the time out for checking. Appreciate it. I wonder what is taking so long , and why am I getting a feeling 3D mats for XUV were available much earlier after it was launched.
An authorised dealer for Kagu mats in Bangalore I think is Hot Tracks.

http://www.hottracks.in

He is located in Vivek Nagar.

You can check with him too about this availability.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 23:27   #62
Senior - BHPian

A very detailed and a very nice review. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. You covered all possible angles. Congrats on the Duster! I have begun liking the car now that I am seeing more and more ownership reviews and photos. Earlier I was not impressed much when I had read the official review, but now I think it's time to re-read the reviews again!
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 02:45   #63
BHPian

Congratulations on your new Duster. Good luck for a great time with her. I glanced through your review. I can confirm a couple of things - I have the echo when making phone calls through the system. 2: The car is a looker for many. So many people have walked to me to ask about the car and complemented the looks. A stranger was a little "J" today. He was afraid about the 2 lakhs price increase rumor about Diesel cars few months back, went ahead and got a Liva instead of waiting for Duster. My after thought - it seems like the rumor was planted by car dealers to push sales!

In my opinion, the rear AC is a great trade-off compared to leg room compromise for the 5th person. It is only difficult till you sit, but once seated it's all fine. I was in the back seat of the car on a long drive on a sunny day. We *needed* the ac badly at the back seat especially since we didn't/can't have sun films. One short coming is that it has only one blower. We were two in the back seat, so you can't have it blow in 2 different directions! That's a compromise. Wish it came with two blowers.

Last edited by idofsuresh : 30th November 2012 at 02:48.
idofsuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 11:53   #64
BHPian

Excellent one! This is how superstars are born overnight!

I really enjoyed the way you have formulated the entire review with tinge of subtle humor at most unexpected places.

I am a big fan of Jeremy Clarkson style of review/shows. Possibly I found this lot more enjoyable reviews among the ones just filled with facts and figures.

Going forward, I guess this would be the format one should adopt - informative,fun,detailed and mixture of video/audio for things which seldom words can explain.

At the same time, It just makes me feel pity at those Auto shows played on major National channels, one where tall guy sits in and says headroom/leg room is sufficient, another one where he repeats the phrase "lots of chrome thrown around here" umpteen times and possibly in each episode.Get a life!

This is why I love this forum and fellow members who are so passionate,way to go Suchit!
Old 1st December 2012, 13:37   #65
Senior - BHPian

Wow! what details! it really took some time for me and some of the details I skipped too! I will come back to read the details I have skipped. One of the most comprehensive reviews so far.
Congratulations on your Dusty, I completely agree, this IS a practical vehicle to own. We decided on XUV, but I love this car and keep showing it to my wife whenever I spot it on road. Liked the way you have captured the details for comparision and rated each of the features and requirements, ultilmately it should come down to 'what you need' rather than what is on offer, you lived that man!
Congratulations again and wishing you many more happy miles with your Dusty
Drive safe!
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:12   #66
BHPian

Cant agree more, this is the only ownership review which I have read from beginning to end, just fantastic .

Duster proving to be a great war horse , my one car is due for replacement in a year and I am very sure , Dusty or its Nissan cousin will be in top 3 in my shopping bucket probably late next year.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Mod's Note: Thread moved to Initial ownership section from Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!

Suchit,

By far this is one of the most comprehensive ownership reports I have seen here on Team-BHP. Hats off to you for covering every possible detail. Your thread will go a long way in helping prospective buyers and current owners of the car.

ps: A very Happy Birthday to you as well.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2012, 19:26   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
An authorised dealer for Kagu mats in Bangalore I think is Hot Tracks.

http://www.hottracks.in

He is located in Vivek Nagar.

You can check with him too about this availability.
I believe Hottrack is an authorized dealer but my experience with them is very poor. First of all they game me a run around in getting the 3D mats and then very poor quality installation of horns which I bought from them. I ended up waiting 2.5 hours to get the mat which they had to source from elsewhere. If they were authorized, I wonder why they didn't have stock of it. I passed it off as "out of stock" but a couple of stuff I bought from them were poor quality and died out in less than a month. They were reluctant to get my issues redressed.

@ Suchit - Dude, I loved reading your review every bit. You paid great attention to detail and a couple of friends loved the info in your thread. My only feedback is that you didn't do justice with the alloys. A car of this caliber deserves better chunky looking alloys, thin ones don't look great with such good cars - check out any of them. But then this is just my personal opinion, alloys is a personal choice.
sudeepg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:15   #68
BHPian

Wow Suchit, at a loss for words buddy! Somehow missed your thread until now but that is some serious comprehensiveness you've managed to achieve there. What a superbly crafted piece! Unfortunately, you've raised the bar a tad too high for the rest of us!

Just outta curiosity, how much time did you take to compile all that? Oftentimes there is a tendency to get bored or lose interest midway and give up. Or even come up with an undercooked version just so you get it over with. You, however, have managed to keep up that searing momentum right up to the end. Hat's off to your dedication man.

Btw your ride looks sweet in red. Particularly cute is the Duster juxtaposed next to your little daughter's ride. Nice touch that
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 13:42   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
A very detailed and a very nice review. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. You covered all possible angles. Congrats on the Duster! I have begun liking the car now that I am seeing more and more ownership reviews and photos.
Thank you very much, thats good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofsuresh View Post
Congratulations on your new Duster. Good luck for a great time with her. My after thought - it seems like the rumor was planted by car dealers to push sales!
Thank you, I do not think that was a rumor. I am sure you must have heard they are again talking about it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Excellent one! This is how superstars are born overnight!

I really enjoyed the way you have formulated the entire review with tinge of subtle humor at most unexpected places.

I am a big fan of Jeremy Clarkson style of review/shows. Possibly I found this lot more enjoyable reviews among the ones just filled with facts and figures.

This is why I love this forum and fellow members who are so passionate,way to go Suchit!
Wow, thats a great compliment dude! Thank you very much! I am in cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Wow! what details! it really took some time for me and some of the details I skipped too!

Ultilmately it should come down to 'what you need' rather than what is on offer, you lived that man!
Thank you. Exactly you said it. We need what we need. Not just the best or the biggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Cant agree more, this is the only ownership review which I have read from beginning to end, just fantastic .
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
@ Suchit - Dude, I loved reading your review every bit. You paid great attention to detail and a couple of friends loved the info in your thread. My only feedback is that you didn't do justice with the alloys. A car of this caliber deserves better chunky looking alloys, thin ones don't look great with such good cars - check out any of them. But then this is just my personal opinion, alloys is a personal choice.
Thank you, yes allows can be so subjective, some designs one likes may be hated by others. I love what I have right now, will keep you suggestion for next change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Wow Suchit, at a loss for words buddy! Somehow missed your thread until now but that is some serious comprehensiveness you've managed to achieve there. What a superbly crafted piece! Unfortunately, you've raised the bar a tad too high for the rest of us!

Just outta curiosity, how much time did you take to compile all that?
Thank you so much! It took me 5 weeks to complete it, though in between for 2 weeks I was completely off the grid due to other priorities! I knew its going to take time so I had started early, just 1 month into my ownership.
Old 3rd December 2012, 13:58   #70
BHPian

O.T warning
Yesterday a friend of mine told me that Government plans to increase the cost of insurance of private Diesel cars, to collect the loss due to fuel subsidy.
Does any one have more info on this?
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:43   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
O.T warning
Yesterday a friend of mine told me that Government plans to increase the cost of insurance of private Diesel cars, to collect the loss due to fuel subsidy.
Does any one have more info on this?
Didnt hear that one. And how insane would that be? Would the insurance companies lobby allow such a thing?
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:57   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
Thank you so much! It took me 5 weeks to complete it, though in between for 2 weeks I was completely off the grid due to other priorities! I knew its going to take time so I had started early, just 1 month into my ownership.
5 weeks!! No wonder your account reflects every second of those 2 months! Quite literally.

Kudos mate and wish you loads of mile-crunching with your Dusty.

P.S. You might want to take a re-look at that nick btw.
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 16:47   #73
Senior - BHPian

Oh-my-God! Now that is one hell of a review! Rated the thread 5 *'s. Congratulations on your purchase and hope Dusty will never let you down

Your alloys are really looking great, and it complements the car nicely.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 18:06   #74
BHPian

Hi Suchit, indeed a very detailed , in the face review of Dusty, hats off to your patience and for the level of detail you have gone to. Going though this made me feel that I had owned a Duster for a year. Brilliant!!
gops2009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 18:08   #75
Senior - BHPian

Suchit,
This is a wonderful review, one of the best; detailed and well laid out that I have read in recent times. Congrats for your purchase and wishing you miles of smiles. Do keep them updated constantly.
A bit disappointed that we have only a 5 star rating and no 7 star for your thread. Probably you can look at a career in auto journalism over the years

And A big Thank You for putting in those Excel Sheets.

Last edited by ku69rd : 3rd December 2012 at 18:09.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks