Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2012, 14:44   #61
BHPian

Re: Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Would be grateful if you can post pictures of the music system of W6 and the fabric seats ?
debuda,
I second that request. W6 are almost never available in any showrooms other than the ones those are in queue for immediate delivery. So, its very difficult to find out how the infotainment systems looks like, what information it display etc etc.
Old 27th November 2012, 16:09   #62
Senior - BHPian

Actually was following your long trip thread all along till I came across this one. What a well written and insightful writeup on your latest set of wheels and a 5 * one for that and did you say this was your first thread in the forum?

Loved reading up all the big and little things such as -

Quote:
My insurance covers use of my car in Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Maldives. Many Indian car-owners who drive to neighboring countries tend to forget that their insurance cover does not extend beyond the boundaries of India unless they opt for ‘Geographical Area Extension’. This costs a mere Rs 500 or so extra and should always be done by those who intend driving to Nepal, Bhutan, etc.
The mileage figures quoted are also some thing simply superb, wonder what is it like with the other XUV owners in TBHP.

Also was not sure if I came across a section where you had penned down your decision process of zeroing in on a XUV (and the particular variant) and the other vehicles in consideration. That would be a good read as well.

Congratulations Debuda and wishing you many thousand miles of happy XUVing!
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 10:55   #63
BHPian

ODO : 3700 KM; Returned to Delhi from another trip to Nainital, etc.

We needed to kill a few days before attending a wedding in Delhi and so the old girl and I drove off to Kashipur, Nainital and Bhowali. Some observations :
  1. The XUV again behaved superbly but I came across one serious niggle -- downshifting to 2nd gear is becoming harder. On hill roads, I often need to shift down to 2nd and at times this is becoming a painful experience. So much so, that I find myself avoiding shifting down to 2nd and shift down to 1st instead after slowing down! I need to have this attended to by a service centre but I think that will be possible after my return to Jamshedpur.

2. In the recirculation mode, a not insignificant amount of outside air gets sucked in -- not a good thing.

3. This trip involved a lot of hill driving, hairpin bends, etc., and the handling and steering felt superb.

4. While returning to Delhi we were stuck in a few major jams as well as crawling bumper-to-bumper traffic and the clutch did not strain my left foot unduly. 2nd gear engagement was a pain, as mentioned earlier.

5. I passed a silver XUV a number of times while descending from the hills. It stopped somewhere and I too stopped and introduced myself to the driver who turned out to be an Army Officer. He has driven his XUV about 15,000 km and the brake grinding noise problem is the only one he has faced so far. He has no problems with his 2nd gear.

6. The DIS fuel average over the last 3400 km (since leaving Jamshedpur) is now 16.9 kmpl.

7. I did not find any problem of abnormal 'loss of power' while shifting up to 3rd from 2nd in the hills as reported by someone in this forum. My XUV pulls uphill nicely in 3rd even at 1100 RPM.

My beautiful XUV somewhere in the hills near Nainital.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv014.jpg

Some more pics may be seen in the travelogue section at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2975868
debuda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 12:24   #64
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that XUV is holding well. I am sure the 2nd gear shift problem will go away after some minor rectification at the SC.

Probably there is a leakage of air somewhere, that could be the reason for air entering in recirculation mode.

As some one brought out earlier, would like to see pics of your monochrome display.
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2012, 18:01   #65
BHPian

ODO : 5300 KM; Final report on first long (4900 KM) drive (Jamshedpur – Delhi – Amritsar – Kasauli – Delhi – Nainital – Delhi – Jamshedpur)

After attending a family wedding in Gurgaon, the old girl and I drove back to Jamshedpur over two days. Day 1 : Delhi to Varanasi (800 KM); Day 2 : Varanasi to Jampot (550 KM).

Sunrise at Agra (we left Delhi at 0430 hrs). More pictures of this trip are at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...hi-beyond.html
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-1.jpg

I have already reported my experience during most of this trip through earlier posts on this thread. Additionally, I’d like to share the following.

Overall experience : On the whole, the XUV behaved superbly throughout. Frankly, it exceeds my expectations in almost every department. Usually, I change my cars every 5 years or so but I have this feeling that the XUV may give me company for a longer duration.

People moving capacity : During the family wedding in Gurgaon, we were accommodated in a guest house along with other guests and we needed to travel frequently to the venues where the sehra bandi, marriage, reception and other formalities were conducted. My XUV came in very handy as up to 8 people (including me, the driver) could be transported over short (10-20 KM) distances. On a couple of occasions tall men sat in the 3rd row and they didn’t find the seats too uncomfortable (over the short distances).

Suspension : Felt quite good and solid throughout. Near Jamshedpur there is a very badly broken stretch on NH-33 and the front left suspension bottomed once while crossing a deep and wide crater at about 30 KMPH. The engine bottom guard scraped the ground.

Cruise control : Though we have some pretty good roads in India now, many of the road users are the same old junglees. Indian highways, therefore, are not quite suitable for frequent use of cruise control. Nevertheless, I tried out the XUV’s cruise control over about 100 KM (cumulatively) during this trip and found it quite good and reliable. On the superb Yamuna Expressway I could use Cruise Control uninterruptedly for 20-30 Km at a stretch.

Bluetooth connectivity for mobile phone and ICE : These worked flawlessly throughout. I tried all inputs for music (CD, USB, Bluetooth, Aux IN and AM / FM radio) and there were no issues. I used a 16 GB Transcend pen drive with multiple directories and there were no rude surprises.

Engine oil : Either there is something amazing about the oil, or the mHawk engine, or both. Even after 5300 KM the oil hasn’t turned completely black.

Engine oil is not fully black even after 5300 KM
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-3.jpg

Brake grinding noise : As I reported earlier, this has been conspicuous by its absence in my XUV. So I was greatly surprised when a shrill squeaking noise started coming from somewhere down below when I was about 100 KM short of Jamshedpur on the last day of my trip. Initially, I did not believe that it was coming from my car and thought it was coming from a nearby truck. Later, it became clear that it was coming from my XUV. The noise would increase with speed and would reduce whenever I applied brakes.

In order to identify the source of noise, my wife got down from the car and I drove around her at a suitable spot. She correctly identified the source to be the front LHS wheel. The noise was quite audible even at a speed of 5-10 KMPH. Thereafter, I parked the car and jacked up the front LHS wheel (this was my maiden use of the jack). A squeaking noise was heard when I rotated the wheel by hand, but the wheel was completely free to turn. It seemed that something small (a hard particle or a small piece of sheet metal) had got lodged between a moving part (brake disc or wheel) and a stationary part (brake pad or brake assembly).

I was contemplating removing the wheel to further investigate the matter but it had got dark by then and my wife was assisting me with a flash light. I reasoned that if some small thing has got stuck (which was not jamming the wheel) it may just get dislodged after some running. Nevertheless, I called up the Service Manager of my dealership in Jamshedpur, explained the situation and also made him hear the squeaking noise over the phone. He too opined that something may have got stuck and advised me to continue driving slowly.

I removed the jack and drove off. The noise kept waxing and waning and after 10 KM or so stopped suddenly, never to reappear. The problem had solved itself!

XUV being jacked up for the very first time.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-2.jpg

Diesel tank capacity : It is definitely more than the manufacturer specified 70 litres, probably around 75 litres. On three occasions, I brought my DIS indicated DTE (distance to empty) to almost zero before filling fuel. The amount of diesel filled on those occasions was 71.06, 71.5 and 74.26 litres respectively. It may be noted that on none of these three occasions I allowed filling to the brim (after shaking the car, etc.), so probably additional 1 litre or so could go in.

The last filling of the above three, i.e., 74.26 litres, was today at Jamshedpur. I found it difficult to believe that about 75 litres could go in the tank (especially because max 71.5 litres had gone in earlier) and asked the petrol pump manager to show me the quantity and density checks. He readily complied and I personally verified the quantity check with a HPCL certified 5-litre can. The density (corrected to 15 deg C) was 0.827.

Measuring density and temperature at a petrol pump in Jamshedpur.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-5.jpg

In light of the foregoing I am assuming that : (a) My diesel tank capacity is about 75 litres; (b) When the DIS shows zero DTE (distance to empty) about 1 litre is left in the tank.

I would request other XUV owners to share their experiences in this regard.

Distance-to-empty : I made a very interesting observation about DTE – whenever I filled up the fuel tank completely, the DTE always showed 771 KM regardless of the DIS calculated average. Logically, the DIS should multiply the amount of fuel with the average figure (available at that point of time), but this never happens whenever the tank is filled up. Subsequently, as I start driving and the fuel is expended, the DTE becomes more and more correct.

Mileage : The DIS calculated average was 16.8 KMPL when we left Delhi (on our return leg) and it gradually increased to 17.6 by the time we reached Jampot. I had reset the DIS average before starting this long drive and never reset it subsequently. So 17.6 KMPL is the DIS calculated average over the entire 4900 KM trip which includes about 4300 KM of highway driving and 600 KM of city driving.

Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-4.jpg

About 1300 KM was done with the car loaded with 6 adults plus lots of luggage but most of the drive (3600 KM) was with only 2 adults plus a couple of suitcases. The highway drive includes about 200 KM on hill roads and ascents to 6400 ft (Kasauli) and 7000 ft (Nainital). Being winter time, AC use was not more than 10-15%.

I started from Jamshedpur with a full tank (~ 75 litre) and filled additional 229.68 litres before returning to Jamshedpur. Upon return to Jamshedpur, distance-to-empty was showing 48 KM with 2 segments lit up in the fuel gauge. So we can conservatively assume that at least 4 litres were left in the tank. Thus the total fuel consumption adds up to 300.68 litres over a distance of 4902 KM, i.e., average works out to 16.30 KMPL over the entire trip.

It may be noted that on the return leg I started from Delhi with a full tank and filled 6.09 litres of diesel before reaching Jampot (1358 KM). Assuming that 4 litres were left in the tank, i.e., 77.09 litres were consumed, the average works out to a phenomenal 17.62 KMPL during the return trip from Delhi to Jamshedpur.

You may recall that while driving to Delhi (only 2 persons, 10-15% AC use) the DIS indicated average had gradually increased to 18 KMPL and had stopped increasing thereafter. It may thus be concluded that the DIS calculated average is not inaccurate. As a matter of fact, the DIS indicated average could arguably be more accurate than the tankful-to-tankful method, the reason being that in the tankful-to-tankful method we are assuming that the quantity of fuel delivered into the tank is the same as that indicated by the pump (the pumps could be tampered and getting less fuel than indicated is not unlikely) but the DIS measures the actual quantity flowing through the injectors.

In conclusion (regarding mileage):
  1. My XUV is giving an average of over 17 KMPL on highways in the plains during winter (10-15% AC use) with 2 adults and 40 kg luggage on board. This definitely exceeds my expectations.
  2. I have calculated the average carefully and conservatively over a distance of almost 5000 KM.
  3. The DIS calculated average appears to be reasonably accurate.
  4. I am confident that if I take part in a contest where the goal is to minimize the fuel consumption (only 1 person in car, no cargo, steady driving at 60-80 KMPH in 6th gear on good highways in the plains, low ambient temperature, no AC, fuel purchased from a reliable pump, etc.) I can easily get 19 KMPL in my XUV.

Kindly note that my personal driving style (no sudden acceleration / deceleration, minimal braking) is conducive to better mileage. In my Swift VDi I got up to 27 KMPL (without AC) and 22-25 KMPL (with AC) on highways was quite the usual thing.

As the car had completed over 5000 KM of running, I got my First Free Service carried out soon after returning home to Jamshedpur. A separate report on the same would be posted very soon.

Last edited by debuda : 9th December 2012 at 18:09.
debuda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2012, 21:01   #66
BHPian

ODO : 5320 KM; First Free Service

A day after returning to Jampot I took the XUV to the workshop (with prior appointment) for the first free service. Apart from change of engine fluid / filter, tightening of all underbody / suspension fasteners, general inspection and washing / cleaning, the following important work was done :
  1. Replacement of front torsion bar bushes (2 no.s) to rectify squeaking noise from suspension. I wanted this to be a free replacement under warranty, my rationale being that 5300 KM is too short a distance for the bushes to require replacement. But M&M’s stand was that rubber parts are not covered under warranty. Anyway, the set of 2 bushes cost only Rs 80.
  2. Replacement of 1 no. securing bolt of the engine bottom guard. The bolt had got sheared off consequent to scraping with the ground.
  3. Adjustment of gear shifting linkages and cables to rectify 2nd gear engagement problem.
  4. Inspection and cleaning of all 4 disc brake rotors and pads. Everything was found in good condition. No damage or scoring mark was found on the front LHS disc brake (from where a loud squeaking noise was heard for about 15 KM while returning to Jamshedpur).

The total amount payable by me for the service was Rs 1950 (6 litres of Mahindra Maximile Feo Engine Fluid costs Rs 1710).

General view of the workshop bay.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-1.jpg

235 mm tyre comes handy to clamber on to!
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-2.jpg

The more shiny bush on the left is the old one. Visually, I could not make out any deformation in the replaced old bushes for the front torsion bar.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-3.jpg

The flimsy plastic bottom guard damaged due to scraping. Securing bolt on the lower right side of the picture is not visible as it got sheared off.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-4.jpg

Threaded part of the broken bolt visible inside body member after removing plastic bottom guard.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-5.jpg

If a bolt head sticks out like a sore thumb under the car, it is bound to get sheared off on the wonderful roads of Jharkhand sooner or later. Bad design. Should have been recessed.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-6.jpg

Engine FLUID (not OIL, mind you) being drained.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-7.jpg

Engine fluid is manufactured by Indian Oil and comes in 6-litre packs. Note the word "Synthetic".
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-8.jpg

Gear linkages and cables accessible after removing the center console.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-9.jpg

There are 2 cables -- 'Select cable' and 'Shift cable'. They have provisions for adjustment.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-10.jpg

Front ventilated disc brake. What a beauty!
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-11.jpg

Rear disc brakes are not vented / ventilated. They are also much smaller. Hand brake actuates rear disc brakes.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-12.jpg

Rear disc brake pads have a single groove. Their surface area is about half of the front pads.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-13.jpg

The other side of rear brake pads.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-14.jpg

Check out the multilink rear independent suspension (with torsion bar).
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-15.jpg

My XUV badly needed this after the long drive.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-16.jpg
debuda is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 00:03   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
ODO : 5320 KM; First Free Service

The total amount payable by me for the service was Rs 1950 (6 litres of Mahindra Maximile Feo Engine Fluid costs Rs 1710).
Debuda, thanks for sharing the first service details of your XUV & glad to know that it costed you just Rs 1950. If I subtract Rs 1710 for the engine oil & Rs 80 for the bushes, does this mean that the oil filter costed you Rs 160 (as that was the only other part replaced & labor would have of course been free)? Is the engine oil change interval 10K kms?

It is very strange (but pleasing) to know that the Engine fluid, manufactured by Indian Oil & branded as "Synthetic" is costing a meagre Rs 285/- a litre. This is far far less that the 1000+ per litre charged by some premium oil brands for their synthetic oil. Do you have/know the specifications/rating of this "Feo"

Edit: Just now referred the Maintenance schedule of the XUV. There it has been listed The Maximile Exceeds APICH-4; SAE 15W-40. For other than Maximile brand, oil change interval has to be reduced to 10000 km if the oil meets minimum of API CH-4 SAE 15W-40 specification

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th July 2014 at 20:08.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 08:16   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Debuda, thanks for sharing the first service details of your XUV & glad to know that it costed you just Rs 1950. If I subtract Rs 1710 for the engine oil & Rs 80 for the bushes, does this mean that the oil filter costed you Rs 160 (as that was the only other part replaced & labor would have of course been free)? Is the engine oil change interval 10K kms?

It is very strange (but pleasing) to know that the Engine fluid, manufactured by Indian Oil & branded as "Synthetic" is costing a meagre Rs 285/- a litre. This is far far less that the 1000+ per litre charged by some premium oil brands for their synthetic oil. Do you have/know the specifications/rating of this "Feo"

Edit: Just now referred the Maintenance schedule of the XUV. There it has been listed The Maximile Exceeds APICH-4; SAE 1 5W-40. For other than Maximile brand, oil change interval has to be reduced to 10000 km if the oil meets minimum of API CH-4 SAE 15W-40 specification
1) Yes, the oil filter costs about Rs 160. Labour and washing are free.

Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv.jpg

2) The engine fluid has a really long change interval of 20,000 KM (first change at 5,000 KM, second after 15,000 KM of the first service and thereafter the change interval becomes 20,000 KM). As per the manual the fluid spec "Exceeds APICH-4".

It is indeed nice that M&M are using a very premium engine fluid manufactured by a Public Sector oil company and we are getting it at a 'non-premium' price.

BTW, while checking the manual just now I noticed that the recommended fluid is "Maximile Crown". I need to find out the difference between Maximile Crown and Maximile Feo.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 08:56   #69
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Debuda, fantastic updates as always.

Thanks for sharing detailed information about the long-drive and the first service.

I have downloaded 2 of your pictures and marked a area in red. There seems some rust formation there. I have the exact same symptoms. I spoke to a SA once about it, but he dismissed it as a normal phenomenon. What's your opinion?

Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-12.jpg

Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv-15.jpg

Also, one thing that I noticed while at the service center was that may be because of the rust on the surface where the wheel comes in contact with the disc assembly, a huge amount of manual effort was needed to dislodge the wheel even after removing all the nuts. Any views?

Last edited by SDP : 10th December 2012 at 08:57.
Old 10th December 2012, 09:13   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I have downloaded 2 of your pictures and marked a area in red. There seems some rust formation there. I have the exact same symptoms. I spoke to a SA once about it, but he dismissed it as a normal phenomenon. What's your opinion?
Hi SDP, the SA's dismissal about the rust formation on the brake disc is quite natural. If I am not wrong the brake discs are most probably made from cast iron. Due to the tremendous heat generated on applying brakes, rapid oxidation of the brake disc takes place & we see it in the form of rusting. That area of the disc where the brake pads rub appears shiny/glazed, but the area that you have encircled remains out of contact from the brake pads (I believe this clearance might be a purposeful one so as to avoid the brake calipers from rubbing the hub). Hence the rust is more prominent in this area.

No need to worry at all about this & this is not just the XUV, but common across all the vehicle.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 09:37   #71
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hi SDP, the SA's dismissal about the rust formation on the brake disc is quite natural. If I am not wrong the brake discs are most probably made from cast iron. Due to the tremendous heat generated on applying brakes, rapid oxidation of the brake disc takes place & we see it in the form of rusting. That area of the disc where the brake pads rub appears shiny/glazed, but the area that you have encircled remains out of contact from the brake pads (I believe this clearance might be a purposeful one so as to avoid the brake calipers from rubbing the hub). Hence the rust is more prominent in this area.

No need to worry at all about this & this is not just the XUV, but common across all the vehicle.
Thanks for the reassurance AutoIndian. I am still not fully convinced. I am specifically talking about the silver area of the hub. The 'sliver' as per the SA is paint. So the rust showing in this area could mean bad paint. What do you say?
Old 10th December 2012, 11:09   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reassurance AutoIndian. I am still not fully convinced. I am specifically talking about the silver area of the hub. The 'sliver' as per the SA is paint. So the rust showing in this area could mean bad paint. What do you say?
Apologies Debuda for hijacking your thread for this discussion.

The paint on the hub, calipers etc is just for decorative purposes. If you can recollect some high end cars (Porsche, Ferrari etc) have their calipers colored bright red, yellow etc. Similarly M&M might have tried a silver paint. The purpose here is not to protect from rusting, but just decorative, look good, unlike the body paint whose purpose besides looking good is also protection especially from rusting. This silver paint won't be a DuPont or PPG quality used for body paint (just guessing). Moreover this area getting very hot, each time you drive accelerates the oxidation & makes it more susceptible for rusting.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 12:12   #73
BHPian

Congrats debuda on your wonderful sojourn. Glad to see XUV scoring high marks all through the journey.

Just one thing - Did you get the second gear hard shifting rectified in your first. What was the cause.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 12:54   #74
BHPian

Quote:

Also, one thing that I noticed while at the service center was that may be because of the rust on the surface where the wheel comes in contact with the disc assembly, a huge amount of manual effort was needed to dislodge the wheel even after removing all the nuts. Any views?
Rust formation : This is quite normal and Auto Indian has correctly explained it. In brand new cars which have been transported by lorries over many days or which are lying in the dealer's yard for a long time, one may see rusting even on the friction surface of the brake rotor. Similarly, if you do not use your car for a few weeks, especially in a humid climate, you'll observe rusting on the friction surface. But the rust will come off once the car is driven and the brakes applied a few times.

Wheel getting stuck to disc assembly due to rusting: Now, this could be problematic, especially in a W6 with steel wheels which could also rust in the long run. When my wheels were removed during servicing I was not paying attention and so I did not notice whether any extra effort was required to dislodge them. But I must observe this carefully next time. As it is the wheels are quite big and heavy and if they tend to get stuck, changing one on the road may become a daunting task, especially for oldies like me.

I have come across this wheel-getting-stuck problem in my earlier cars. Once I had a flat in my Maruti Esteem on the road and the wheel simply refused to come off after removing the nuts. I had to find a large stone and hit the tyre repeatedly with it to loosen it.

XUV wheels have to be mandatorily removed every 10,000 KM for rotation. In all my earlier cars the tyre rotation periodicity used to be 5,000 KM. It may be a good idea to get the wheels removed and fitted back (even when tyre rotation is not due) every 5,000 KM just to ensure they don't get stuck.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 07:52   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
XUV wheels have to be mandatorily removed every 10,000 KM for rotation. In all my earlier cars the tyre rotation periodicity used to be 5,000 KM. It may be a good idea to get the wheels removed and fitted back (even when tyre rotation is not due) every 5,000 KM just to ensure they don't get stuck.
That is indeed a good idea. The wheel nuts/bolts are prone to get stuck due to rust formation if they are not removed periodically. I have been following the tyre rotation policy at every 10K kms religiously & have never faced this problem even once in the last 1.2 lac kms.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed