Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2012, 13:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio - Found someone to love me back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain View Post

Mr. Dharanipathi took charge and explained the car in detail. I was offered massive discounts (in line with Honda's September discount). I was initially eyeing the mid variant - S. I then decided to go for S(O) as it had airbags and ABS. But then Mr. D pointed out that if I opted for V MT, I would only be paying an extra Rs. 10,000.
Hi msnarain, I thought the price difference between S(O) and V is Around 30 K?

S(O) MT : Rs. 509,000 [ Ex showroom, Chennai ]
V MT : Rs. 536,000 [ Ex showroom, Chennai ]

If you dont mind, can you please give the details about the offer?
Old 25th October 2012, 13:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithi View Post
Hi msnarain, I thought the price difference between S(O) and V is Around 30 K?

S(O) MT : Rs. 509,000 [ Ex showroom, Chennai ]
V MT : Rs. 536,000 [ Ex showroom, Chennai ]

If you dont mind, can you please give the details about the offer?
Nithi, It was in line with Honda's September offer. Rs. 35000 flat off. Plus Rs. 20000 worth insurance. I don't remember the exact details, but the on road price of S(O) MT and V MT came to Rs. 5.52L and Rs. 5.62L respectively. Now that the September offer is over, I guess the prices are back to what you mentioned. However, there is some festival season offer going on now. So I don't know the current prices exactly.
msnarain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 13:52   #18
BHPian

Congrats msnarain on your Brio. Good thing you went in for the V-trim. Couple of points

a) Gear Shift will remain a bit notchy until 2nd service. First service is simply to replenish fluids, more like a quick dash. But the shifts will start getting better

b) Power comes in post 1.8k all the way to redline, though the lower end torque is low.

c) Good thing MRF worked for you. I've already got two side walls cut in my MRF's. See if you can switch over to a better patch.

d) If you do a lot of night driving or highway driving upgrade stock lamps to Philips X-treme vision.

Enjoy you vtec.
Old 25th October 2012, 23:31   #19
BHPian

Have a blast riding the Brio. I went in to buy a Jazz, but ended up buying the Brio instead. I've done more than 6000 Kms and I absolutely love the car. A rear defroster can be added as a DIY. Its available in US for $50. Somebody in TeamBHP post was mentioning about it.
Old 26th October 2012, 10:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Congrats msnarain on your Brio. Good thing you went in for the V-trim. Couple of points

a) Gear Shift will remain a bit notchy until 2nd service. First service is simply to replenish fluids, more like a quick dash. But the shifts will start getting better

b) Power comes in post 1.8k all the way to redline, though the lower end torque is low.

c) Good thing MRF worked for you. I've already got two side walls cut in my MRF's. See if you can switch over to a better patch.

d) If you do a lot of night driving or highway driving upgrade stock lamps to Philips X-treme vision.

Enjoy you vtec.
Thanks Arup. Noted. Can you please elaborate on the "two side walls cut in" part? What exactly do you mean by that? Sounds a bit scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Have a blast riding the Brio. I went in to buy a Jazz, but ended up buying the Brio instead. I've done more than 6000 Kms and I absolutely love the car. A rear defroster can be added as a DIY. Its available in US for $50. Somebody in TeamBHP post was mentioning about it.
Thanks Whencut86. I remember seeing a rear defogger kit too. But I also remember reading that it might not be possible for the Brio because of the full glass hatch. Need to do some more reading. Also, did you get a PUC certificate for your Brio?
Old 26th October 2012, 11:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Whencut86. I remember seeing a rear defogger kit too. But I also remember reading that it might not be possible for the Brio because of the full glass hatch. Need to do some more reading. Also, did you get a PUC certificate for your Brio?
There should be some way out. I guess after market accessory will be available for Defroster if not now atleast in a few months time. I did not get a PUC. I read in some forum (I think AutoCar India) that for the first 1 or 2 years PUC is not required for a car which already confirms to BS emission standards and then after that period we have to get every 3 or 6 months. Not sure about this though. Will have to check with people.
Old 26th October 2012, 12:00   #22
BHPian

This is from TN RTO website:

265[(7) After the expiry of a period of one year from the date on which the motor vehicle
was first registered, every such vehicle shall carry a valid "Pollution under control"
certificate issued by an agency authorised for this purpose by the State Government.
The validity of the certificate shall be for 266[six months] and the certificate shall always
be carried in the vehicle and produced on demand by the officers referred to in sub-rule
(1) of rule 116.
(8) The certificate issued under sub-rule (7) shall, while it remains effective, be valid
throughout India.]
Old 26th October 2012, 12:06   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Arup. Noted. Can you please elaborate on the "two side walls cut in" part? What exactly do you mean by that? Sounds a bit scary.
The MRF tyre is the most lousiest of the tyre that I've used throughout my driving term. Heck my 2005 Indica ran OEM Bridgestone tyres ran over 40k over bad roads / no roads / craters / boulders before losing treads. Barring 2 punctures in its entire life it was a gem.

I travel on the same road 5 days a week in city traffic throughout the year. While I used my City (equiped with Michelins XM1) on the same road for over a year, my wife's Brio (shodded with MRF) suffered two side wall punctures on two different tyres in a matter of 15 days.

I do accept there could be some amount of bad luck involved here but 2 side wall's in less than 15 days in a brand new car is not acceptable at all.

Hence I would suggest swapping them for better tyres asap. Again this is purely based on my own experience. Others have had MRF lasting them for years.
Old 27th October 2012, 09:48   #24
BHPian

Quote:
There should be some way out. I guess after market accessory will be available for Defroster if not now atleast in a few months time. I did not get a PUC. I read in some forum (I think AutoCar India) that for the first 1 or 2 years PUC is not required for a car which already confirms to BS emission standards and then after that period we have to get every 3 or 6 months. Not sure about this though. Will have to check with people.
Quote:
This is from TN RTO website:

265[(7) After the expiry of a period of one year from the date on which the motor vehicle
was first registered, every such vehicle shall carry a valid "Pollution under control"
certificate issued by an agency authorised for this purpose by the State Government.
The validity of the certificate shall be for 266[six months] and the certificate shall always
be carried in the vehicle and produced on demand by the officers referred to in sub-rule
(1) of rule 116.
(8) The certificate issued under sub-rule (7) shall, while it remains effective, be valid
throughout India.]
Thanks for that. I guess we don't have to worry about PUC now in that case.

As for the defogger, I guess running the heater inside the car for a couple of minutes will help for the time being.

Quote:
The MRF tyre is the most lousiest of the tyre that I've used throughout my driving term. Heck my 2005 Indica ran OEM Bridgestone tyres ran over 40k over bad roads / no roads / craters / boulders before losing treads. Barring 2 punctures in its entire life it was a gem.

I travel on the same road 5 days a week in city traffic throughout the year. While I used my City (equiped with Michelins XM1) on the same road for over a year, my wife's Brio (shodded with MRF) suffered two side wall punctures on two different tyres in a matter of 15 days.

I do accept there could be some amount of bad luck involved here but 2 side wall's in less than 15 days in a brand new car is not acceptable at all.

Hence I would suggest swapping them for better tyres asap. Again this is purely based on my own experience. Others have had MRF lasting them for years.
Interesting. Let me see. I plan to ride the MRFs for at least the first 10000 km. Thanks for that.
Old 26th December 2012, 21:14   #25
BHPian

Hey msnarain. Finally gonna book my own Brio tomorrow! Your was one of the 2 threads that made me finalize the decision.

As you havn't posted any further, I just wanted to ask you what were your service costs for the little puppy! I just want to be sure cos no one has posted the service costs etc. Would really love to be prepared.

Thanks man. Cheers
Old 27th December 2012, 09:48   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
I just want to be sure cos no one has posted the service costs etc. Would really love to be prepared.
Congrats thumpingheart. First Service costs are nil. I'm due for my second service today. Apart from engine oil costs (approx 1200 - 1500) nothing else should be due. Will update you once I'm back.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 10:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats thumpingheart. First Service costs are nil. I'm due for my second service today. Apart from engine oil costs (approx 1200 - 1500) nothing else should be due. Will update you once I'm back.
Thanks Anup. Will update about my progress as well.

Cheers.
Old 28th December 2012, 10:53   #28
BHPian

@thumping heart as promised got back from the second free service

Total cost - Rs 1400 inclusive of Vat

Engine oil - 1176

Oil filter cartridge - 202

Hope this helps
Old 30th December 2012, 12:54   #29
BHPian

Quote:
@thumping heart as promised got back from the second free service

Total cost - Rs 1400 inclusive of Vat

Engine oil - 1176

Oil filter cartridge - 202

Hope this helps
@arup.misra, a bit OT, where in Mumbai do you have your Brio serviced? Any good/bad experiences up until now (2nd service)?
Old 30th December 2012, 13:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
@arup.misra, a bit OT, where in Mumbai do you have your Brio serviced? Any good/bad experiences up until now (2nd service)?
So far I've got my Honda's serviced at Apex Honda at Worli.

Positives

a) Pretty professional no unnecessary waiting.

b) Time bound

c) SA will first explain what is being done in the free service, what will be chargeable and what would be the total amount. Pretty accurate

d) Final billing too explains each item. Haven't noticed any silly charges yet.

e) Will ask you if you want tyre rotation alignment done. I've refused always.

f) Even for paid service - the labor cost is specified on the job rate before even you begin.

Negatives

a) Not interested in unselling. The reason I say this as a negative is because I wanted to upsize why Brio to alloys and the SA simply was not interested in selling.

b) Watch out and don't let them clean the interiors with any polish whatsoever. It'll make the interiors sticky and shiny. I've always made it very clear with the SA not washing or no cleaning. Don't want them to make swirl marks all over my car with their dirty rag.

c) They do try and upsell - AMC pack for brio since it has only two free services. I refused.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks