Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2012, 13:14   #16
BHPian

re: A new family member: Range Rover Evoque! EDIT: Battery Issues

A wonderful car it is! Spotted couple of them here in Bangalore and yes, these do have immense road presence!

This color reminds me of the Xylo that used to come with a similar shade and god!! I just used to love the Xylo in green!!!
Old 29th October 2012, 13:48   #17
BHPian

Congrats on your buy. The best crossover money can buy. The shade is so refreshing to see in the sea of white and black. The red too would have looked awesome but as you said its too long a wait.

Wish you many miles of hassle free ownership. What's the standard warranty like and where is it serviced?

If you do plan to sell off your fortuner let me know.
Old 29th October 2012, 14:08   #18
BHPian

Hey congrats on your Evoque buddy! It is one of the most beautiful car in the world this. The baby Rangie is definitely a dream car for me. I somehow don't like its bigger bulkier siblings. I love the color too man! Looks very fresh especially with the rain drops on it! If someone would have told me to buy an Evoque in Lime green color I would have laughed, but, it really looks very pretty!

Congrats again, wish you many wonderful miles with your latest toy! Keep us posted!
Cheers!
Old 29th October 2012, 14:54   #19
BHPian

Wow! So finally your Evoque is home. I remember you specifying in one of your posts that you have booked your Evoque and expecting delivery of your vehicle. That was I guess about three months ago and I was expecting your ownership report from quiet some time.
Congrats and brilliant colour choice. Happy riding.
Old 29th October 2012, 15:17   #20
lsp
BHPian

Congrats on the beauty (somehow doesnt feel right to call this one a beast). Please keep the thread up to date with your driving impressions and lots of pics.

I saw an evoque at a south delhi petrol pump from close quarters and the lady in red was a head turner for sure. I think there were some young chaps driving it and from what I saw, the handling/parking looks nimble for a car of its size n weight. Those horses sure are thoroughbred.
Old 29th October 2012, 15:49   #21
BHPian

This is a British car made in a British factory, so why does it have the headlight and wiper controls on the "wrong" side, ie., LHD set up? I can understand if the car was made in a country that was drove on the right but did not expect this from a car that along with Jaguar is the epitome of British car manufacturing.

Or do we in India get leftover JLRs from the made-for-USA batches?

Last edited by Pacifica : 29th October 2012 at 15:52. Reason: Reworded "switches" with "controls".
Old 29th October 2012, 15:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Great looking car and and really unique colour that stand out. Is there a manual override to the gear lever popping out in case it doesn't stand up by itself?
Old 29th October 2012, 16:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! She's such a beauty and the color is also unique. How good and effective is the four wheel drive?
Old 29th October 2012, 17:13   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats buddy on your purchase. Though pricey, but I would say the most cute & classy mini-SUV one can buy today and is perfect for our congested cities. At 4.3m in length is is not much larger than most sedans we have.

As far as space is concerned, as you mentioned it is a 4 seater at best and 5 would be a struggle for long journeys. One thing I missed when I drove these in UK was the absence of grab handles in rear seat -- especially obvious while offroading.

For offroad, they don't have the low range gearbox but the intelligent terrain response, hill descent etc do a decent enough job to make it a good soft roader.

Here is a report on how the Evoque fared compared to its bigger cousins. There is a video also that shows how it tackles the terrain and wheel spins.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...castle-uk.html

Few pictures of Evoque doing offroading:

A new family member: Range Rover Evoque! EDIT: Battery Issues-23.jpg

A new family member: Range Rover Evoque! EDIT: Battery Issues-32.jpg

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th October 2012 at 17:15.
khan_sultan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 17:45   #25
BHPian

Brilliant ! Aww the Hotness ! Exquisite. Congratulations Buddy.
The color though as you said definitely stands out .
On a serious note , the pic with the rain drops on it is simply mindblowing!
Old 29th October 2012, 18:46   #26
BHPian

Dude congrats on your purchase! This color is cool if not awesome like fiery red. This awesome machine definitely has the road presence! You'll be hard time juggling between your 530D, S60 and this one. Enjoy your machines and drive safe!
Old 29th October 2012, 21:24   #27
BHPian

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. It is because of you guys, we get more pumped up and are excited to tell more with respect to the vehicle

I will do one thing, I will upload an HD video of the Evoque walkthrough, including the exteriors and the interior. It will explain better than what i can type
kau_therock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 22:36   #28
BHPian

Congrats on the Rangey!! A bit pricey in our country but also one of the best SUVs around. Surely a head turner!! Wish you tons of happy miles ahead... Cheers!!
Old 29th October 2012, 22:52   #29
Team-BHP Support

It's pouring Range Rover Evoques in Bangalore. There is one in every colour! I see a handful of them every day and every single time, it makes my jaw drop. Even though its small, it's perfect for our city's congested roads and traffic issues.

Congratulations, by the way! Waiting for more updates, preferably some pictures!

Subscribed!
Old 29th October 2012, 23:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on a very cool automobile. Reasoning be damned when something can look so gorgeous. I bet you go to the garage from time to time to just look at the machine.

Nice colour as well.

I was following a Baltic Blue Evoque here in heavy rain and traffic the other day. It looked amazing but the rear was missing something. Then, I realized it was the rear wiper that I was looking for.

I see a line quite different above the left fog light in the first picture. Is it the showroom lights playing tricks?

Last edited by deetjohn : 29th October 2012 at 23:32. Reason: typo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks