Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2013, 19:08   #61
BHPian

Re: A new family member: Range Rover Evoque! EDIT: Battery Issues

I will try and get some details of someone senior. But seriously, this is simply ridiculous. How can a big brand like JLR not have a single battery in stock. And he mentions "back-order" I really wonder what time frame it will take to get the battery. And even if I accept to take the car, I will have to travel 120 kms to Pune, cross the whole of Pune to get to the workshop and collect the car ( with a service battery, which will last a couple of moments, lol) and then do the same when the original battery arrives?

I should have bought another Volvo or a BMW.
kau_therock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 19:51   #62
BHPian

I guess it's just plain bad luck and the JLR service centre you seem to be in touch with seem quite useless. The JLR service centre in Chennai have some very knowledgeable staff and they are very friendly too. Had a XF-S and now have same spec as yours but white in colour Evoque.
My guess with the no battery being available is down to the fact that the car is a CBU and isn't JLRs primarily seller compared to the FreeLander and the XF 2.2, so they haven't stocked a whole lot of Evoque parts. But then again that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.
IMO, just ride out this bad phase because once all the issues are sorted and you're back behind that steering wheel and cruising, it'll bring back that smile which now isn't there.

P.S. Range Rovers were notorius for their reliability under Ford, It's a whole load better since Tata took over.
Old 1st September 2014, 20:56   #63
BHPian

Hi

How's the car doing after the battery issue and the door rattle ? Any further niggles ? How has your experience with the dealer been regards maintenance ?
Old 23rd November 2014, 14:01   #64
Senior - BHPian

I had been following this thread, from the start. Can you give us an update about the situation? One of my friend is interested in the Evoque but I've told him to wait till there's some clarity over this battery issue in a 7-8 months old machine
Old 23rd November 2014, 14:20   #65
Senior - BHPian

There is a famous saying - If you want to GO AANYWHERE by a JLR Land Rover and If you then want to get home as well then buy Toyota Land Cruiser. Any Luxury brand in India is a Pain in the neck when it comes to post failure fixes by Authorised service folks. be it JLR/BMW/Volvo/Audi/Merc. The list goes on. One of the reasons why these luxury cars depreciate so fast in India.
DieselFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 17:23   #66
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This Pistachio Green is such a delicious colour.
There's one near my house. One day, when I first saw it, I was turning out of my lane and was supposed to turn right on the way somewhere. I saw this vehicle whizzing past in the opposite direction.
In the blink of an eye I turned left and followed it for a bit, because it was so good looking! The chap was driving very quickly and it took me a while to catch up with him to admire the vehicle at close quarters.
To me, this is easily the best colour for the RR Evoque. I love that vehicle and shall aspire to something similar one day!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks