Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2013, 19:25   #31
BHPian

Re: My New Honda City - A Hate..Love Story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
So the Baleno had completed 12 years. Although the way she looked and moved belied her age, over a decade of ownership meant it was time for a new set of wheels.
City is a fantastic car for that price. I loved it till I owned it (CityZX i-DSI) for 6 years. Cheap to maintain, frugal on fuel - 14+ kmpl with AC consistently, very comfortable to drive and amazingly manoeuvrable around corners. Rear seat is the most comfortable place to be in, in terms of lower back & thigh support.

I still have the Baleno. Its a rocket the way it takes off and its a lizard the way it sticks to the ground. Rear seat is painfully uncomfortable in terms of lower back support. AC chills in no time!
Old 13th July 2013, 10:27   #32
BHPian

@ bp the car looks simply amazing mate!!! I think even I should get it done on my beauty... And I think, it would look good with sunroof. what say
Old 13th July 2013, 12:09   #33
BHPian

@balenopower.
Hi!. Many congrats on the honda city. Looks beautiful in white. Loved it very much. Good to know you are getting such a fantastic FE!. The CF work looks awesome. It would be great if you share the cost of the CF wrap as I too am looking forward to get it done on my i20.

I have a doubt, as far as I know the S variant does not come with the fog lamps, right?. So, did you get it fixed separately or it came as standard?. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks in advance!

Cheers! And here's wishing you happy miles with the beauty!
Old 15th July 2013, 13:38   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
@ bp the car looks simply amazing mate!!! I think even I should get it done on my beauty... And I think, it would look good with sunroof. what say
should look fab with the sunroof buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyAsta View Post
@balenopower.
Hi!. Many congrats on the honda city. Looks beautiful in white. Loved it very much. Good to know you are getting such a fantastic FE!. The CF work looks awesome. It would be great if you share the cost of the CF wrap as I too am looking forward to get it done on my i20.

I have a doubt, as far as I know the S variant does not come with the fog lamps, right?. So, did you get it fixed separately or it came as standard?. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks in advance!

Cheers! And here's wishing you happy miles with the beauty!
just wrapping the roof at 3M cost about 7k. And yes your are right. The S variant does not come with foglamps. I managed to squeeze it from the dealer as free accessory.
Old 15th July 2013, 21:58   #35
BHPian

Quote:
should look fab with the sunroof buddy!

just wrapping the roof at 3M cost about 7k. And yes your are right. The S variant does not come with foglamps. I managed to squeeze it from the dealer as free accessory.
Hey, thanks for the info.

Was surprised to know that you got the fog lamps as a free accessory. By the way do you how much do they cost otherwise?

Thanks in advance. Cheers!
Old 15th July 2013, 22:40   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Third service done with as well and this time i got antirust treatment done as well. Did it at Honda and it cost me about 3.5k. Again service at Linkway Honda, Chandivili was top notch. Car is barely run any km since i just picked up a Getz diesel recently as well.

A few things added though. The roof is white no more. A visit at 3M meant the roof got a carbon fibre wrap. The wheels are next and i am planning to make it the same grey shade that you get in the Jazz X. Here are some pics.
Hey BP, your City has elegance. I booked mine a week back and expecting delivery this week from Linkway. Guess what, mine is white too. That was out of sheer availability rather than choice. But now the white is growing slowly on me. It's ageless colour.

Wish you many more happy miles.
Old 16th July 2013, 09:02   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyAsta View Post

Hey, thanks for the info.

Was surprised to know that you got the fog lamps as a free accessory. By the way do you how much do they cost otherwise?

Thanks in advance. Cheers!
I was surprised too considering the official price was 22k..but I guess knowing the sales guy personally helped.
balenopower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 09:12   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post

Hey BP, your City has elegance. I booked mine a week back and expecting delivery this week from Linkway. Guess what, mine is white too. That was out of sheer availability rather than choice. But now the white is growing slowly on me. It's ageless colour.

Wish you many more happy miles.
Congratulations firebird..welcome to the iVTEC club. The reason I chose white was because its easiest for getting rid of scratches and there is no problem in the colors not matching. Apart from that white also easily blends with any kind of customisation easily(my cf roof for eg). Btw I loved the carnelian red but stuck to white.

We are a bunch of city owners here from Mumbai. Lets meet up once you get delivery. Btw which link way are you taking delivery from?
Old 16th July 2013, 09:36   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I was surprised too considering the official price was 22k..but I guess knowing the sales guy personally helped.
Wow that's cool. I must say, knowing a sales guy personally really helps to squeeze out a fair amount of freebies/discounts!

22k for a set of fog lamps is a bit on the higher side. But then, its worth because its an OEM accessory and you feel assured about it.

Anyways, it was a great deal by the way.

Most Viewed