Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2012, 14:55   #16
BHPian

Re: My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBlue View Post
Here's wishing you many happy miles of driving .. and very few trips to the service center

The electricals of the Linea are a bit picky about what you put in. Any replacement of any bulb usually leads to error mesaages. I recently got projectors installed and the experience has not been the smoothest.

I would suggest you get lights/LED's done from someone who is specially familiar with the Linea's circuitry.
I agree with the circuitry bit, it took the installer about an hour just to remove the 4 stock bulbs and put them back in. That is one big reason I am not looking for a bulbs and relay upgrade and will go for a retro-fit projector setup.

Thanks for the tips.
Old 9th November 2012, 15:05   #17
BHPian

Great decision to ditch the god-awful Goodyears and trade them for the Yokos. Give you a much balanced, not to mention a quiet, ride.

Btw would you mind sharing the specifics of your deal? I have a colleague who's in the process of buying one.
Old 9th November 2012, 15:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Great decision to ditch the god-awful Goodyears and trade them for the Yokos. Give you a much balanced, not to mention a quiet, ride.

Btw would you mind sharing the specifics of your deal? I have a colleague who's in the process of buying one.
Sent the numbers via PM assuming that you are referring to the TJet deal and not just the tyres
Old 9th November 2012, 15:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Zenster on possesing the best driver's car available.

Wishing you many happy miles of niggle free service from the jet. At 8.5L it is really VFM considering that the come comes fully loaded.

I thought that all Tjets were sold off even from the factory. You are really lucky to get one in your choise colour.

Enjoy the beauty and pleasure of the jet.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 15:44   #20
BHPian

Ok friends, here comes the first Hiccup in the ownership expirience. Not with the car as such, but with the RC Card. I just received the RC Card by post, and my name is spelt incorrectly :( . The last letter of my first name is incorrect. Should I take this up with the dealer or approach the RTO directly?
Old 9th November 2012, 15:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Sent the numbers via PM assuming that you are referring to the TJet deal and not just the tyres
Hahaha! I'll come back to you separately for the tires, my friend. I promise! Right now though, I'll just make do with the TJ+ figures!

Glad you got that right though!

And got 'em figures, thanks a ton!!
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 16:22   #22
BHPian

Dealer. As they are the guys who charge you what they are not supposed to charge in terms of "incidental expenses".
Ford5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 16:41   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Dealer. As they are the guys who charge you what they are not supposed to charge in terms of "incidental expenses".
Thanks for prompt reponse. After posting here, I have spoken to the Sales-rep at the dealership and he is more than glad to get this sorted. Will hand the RC over to him on Monday for the Change in spelling. Any idea on how long would it take for correction? I was told that new RC would come in a month or two but it actually got delivered in 2 weeks!
Old 9th November 2012, 22:26   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Zenster on getting the Jet.

Looks superb in Tuscan Wine, however, its difficult to keep sparklingly clean.

Do not meddle with the wiring, it can give you nightmares.

Enjoy many more happy miles flying the Jet.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 23:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

Nice report.

As your previous car was a Fiat Punto 1.2l, did you notice that the 1.2l has a heavier steering and this is after having narrow profile tires.

You are babying the car too much. Better efficiency can be achieved at speeds of 100-120kmph and with the rpm a little under 3000rpm's. Stop trying to drive at 1500rpm. There is no fun driving this car at such low speeds and engine speeds. Besides; driving like this make take longer for the engine to free up.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2012, 00:37   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Nice report.

As your previous car was a Fiat Punto 1.2l, did you notice that the 1.2l has a heavier steering and this is after having narrow profile tires.

You are babying the car too much. Better efficiency can be achieved at speeds of 100-120kmph and with the rpm a little under 3000rpm's. Stop trying to drive at 1500rpm. There is no fun driving this car at such low speeds and engine speeds. Besides; driving like this make take longer for the engine to free up.
Hi Sandeep,

Yes, even with 175mm wide tyres the Punto 1.2 Emotion had a heavier steering compared all hatches I have driven. Since it has a hydraulic power steering it was expected. And It was not necessarily a bad thing, it took more effort while parking but I'm not complaining as I dont like arcade-like light steering.

I am babying the car since it very new. Like I mentioned in the thread earlier, I'm just trying to use the proven run-in principles till I reach about 1500kms atleast. And to add to that, the traffic conditions during my daily driving do not allow me to go past 50-60kmph, so I dont see the need to strain the new engine to a high rpm only to come to a halt within meters. Trust me I am not looking forward to great mileage, so sticking to lower RPM is not for FE either. But thanks for the pointers, I cant wait to rip her in all gears on a safe open stretch of road soon!

Last edited by Zenster : 10th November 2012 at 00:47.
Old 11th November 2012, 20:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea on how long would it take for correction? I was told that new RC would come in a month or two but it actually got delivered in 2 weeks!
Might take a week to ten days. After the RC book is back, check if they've simply used a whitener to cover the mistake. If they have done this, then check if the officials signature is present on that page with the date along with the RTO seal. That's the norm.

If they however issue a new booklet then re-check if the computer records have the updated info or not.

Oh, and have fun with the jet
Ford5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2012, 23:46   #28
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 27th November 2012 at 16:40.
parimal_g is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th November 2012, 19:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am babying the car since it very new. Like I mentioned in the thread earlier, I'm just trying to use the proven run-in principles till I reach about 1500kms atleast.
You don't need to. Not on a modern car. Your engine needs to spin up a bit to free up. With the way you are doing it, it will take longer than normal. Do not red line the engine. The T Jet engine is spinning at around 2800rpm at 110kmph in fifth gear. It is far from stressed. I set up a speed buzzer at 110kmph and did the running in for the first 1000km. The car went for a 530km road trip just a week after delivery and this is after having just 200km on the odometer.

How you wish to run in your car is still down to you. All I am saying is, you do not need to drive so slow to bed in the car. You can start enjoying the car right away.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 19:35   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
You don't need to. Not on a modern car. Your engine needs to spin up a bit to free up. With the way you are doing it, it will take longer than normal. Do not red line the engine. The T Jet engine is spinning at around 2800rpm at 110kmph in fifth gear. It is far from stressed. I set up a speed buzzer at 110kmph and did the running in for the first 1000km. The car went for a 530km road trip just a week after delivery and this is after having just 200km on the odometer.

How you wish to run in your car is still down to you. All I am saying is, you do not need to drive so slow to bed in the car. You can start enjoying the car right away.
Got your point Sandeep, thanks for taking the time to explain. I am nearing about 1200kms now and have started to open her up slowly. Just wish we had better roads and lesser traffic in Mumbai to enjoi her further, but its still fun to see people's faced when the Jet can pull away harder from their rides . A quick trip to Surat is being planned for next week so will get to enjoi her cruising potential then.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Yeah, by the way, Wish you all a Very Happy and Prosperous Diwali!
Zenster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed