Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2012, 01:07   #46
BHPian

Re: My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+

My colleague returned from UK and Christmas came early for my TJ+. Check the keychains I bought from ebay.co.uk (wasn't sure of delivery to India). The TEAM-BHP key chains will follow soon.

My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-img_0029.jpg

My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-img_0030.jpg

My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-img_0031.jpg

My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-img_0033.jpg

My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-img_0034.jpg

My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-img_0037.jpg

My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-img_0039.jpg
Zenster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 15:08   #47
BHPian

The First Accident!!!

My TJ met with her first accident today. TJ and I were standing still at a junction (no sudden braking) on SV Road, Goregaon (Mumbai) and a Maruti Van banged into TJ's rear. I got down in horror to see that front crash guard of the Maruti Van was in the bumper. The crash-guard had pushed the bumper inward causing a huge crater. This was right at the point of impact without either vehicles moving at all.

I got down and blasted the driver (private operator) and his excuse was "mera pair slip ho gaya" (my foot slipped). The Kids in the back of the Van saved him today. I asked him to step out of the van and gimme all the details, to which he asked me to move my car forward so that he can release the brakes (which he slammed late, i guess). I moved forward to see a crowd gathered by now. I moved a couple of inches to ensure he doesn't get a chance to get away. I got out and went to confront him again, only to see that the Bumper had sorted itself out without any signs of damage. I swear the bumper was completely dented with the guard embedded into it, but it just sprung back like a sponge. The best part was that even the paint was unharmed.

The crowd was looking at me as if saying "why was this nut-case yelling". I heaved a sigh of relief, exclaimed that my cars build quality saved your A** (this was all in local hindi with some decorative words added) and drove away with a smile.

With this encounter I realised it again, that while taking the sweeping curves on the tarmac or on getting banged-up, "Fiats make you Smile".

Earlier I was happy that I bought a Fast, the most Fun to Drive to car in the market (under 15lacs) but today I am relieved to own one of the safest cars in the market.

P.S: 4300kms done to far in 2 months and 13 days. First service will be done soon (at 5k kms).
Zenster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 20:16   #48
BHPian

Re: My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+

Hello Friends,

My TJ has done over 5500kms and been through First Service. The First Service interval for TJets is 6months or 5K Kms.

Please see my post in this thread for complete details: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3035591

Regards,
Zenster.
Old 7th February 2013, 20:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

Re: The First Accident!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
I got out and went to confront him again, only to see that the Bumper had sorted itself out without any signs of damage.
This just goes to show the tough build quality of these Fiat cars. Considering that it looks good, is built tough and safe, is so much fun to drive and comes loaded with features, it is a real pity that the Linea isn't selling as much as it deserves to.

I experienced the exact same thing like you when I was owning my previous car, a Hyundai Santro. An Ikon came and banged my rear. Initially the bumper seemed to have went in. But, once I moved the car forward a couple of inches, the bumper sprang back to shape while the Ikon was leaking some fluids with its grille broken. I had to leave the place silently.
Old 24th April 2014, 10:22   #50
BHPian

Re: My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)

TJ has completed 22000kms. Mileage in city is close to 10kmpl and highway is close to 14.5kmpl consistently. Top speed achieved 180kmph and the car was rock steady. Following are some pictures clicked recently.

My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-img_46822.jpg

Installation Pics: Details of install http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ar-mumbai.html
My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-install1.jpg
My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-install2.jpg

Low Beam:
My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-low2.jpg

High Beam:
My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-high.jpg

Fogs:
My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-fogs.jpg

My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-img_47032.jpg
My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-img_46862.jpg
My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-img_46792.jpg
My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+... First Pit Stop Completed (5,500 kms)-img_46882.jpg

Last edited by Zenster : 24th April 2014 at 10:25.
Old 24th April 2014, 10:38   #51
Team-BHP Support

Re: The First Accident!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
only to see that the Bumper had sorted itself out without any signs of damage. I swear the bumper was completely dented with the guard embedded into it, but it just sprung back like a sponge. The best part was that even the paint was unharmed.
No. Not just because its a Fiat. Cars are designed that way. Precisely why crash guards or after market bumpers are asked to be avoided on Team BHP.

Bumpers are designed such, that on impact they will cave in & reduce the intensity of the impact & absorb it. Pedestrian safety is a part of it as well.

Yes, in general Fiat cars are solidly built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
This just goes to show the tough build quality of these Fiat cars. Considering that it looks good, is built tough and safe, is so much fun to drive and comes loaded with features, it is a real pity that the Linea isn't selling as much as it deserves to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks