Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2013, 00:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!

I own a 2009 December Vista Quadrajet ran only 36000kms which was detected with a Turbo failure(replaced by TASS) 2 weeks back. cannot understand why Tata motors have no solutions for niggling issues like front tyre alignment gone in under 1000kms of running, AC which cannot cool the passenger compartment. if it is not design issues, then what else to believe?
Here in my car's case also Tata engineer came and his ridiculous claim: "sir, our cars ac can only cool 10 degree less than outside temperature" while in reality Vista's AC fails to cool at all in between 12AM-3PM in Kerala summer. I have every reason to believe, that best of Tata Service centre can not fix many a issues with their cars.

Last edited by deepclutch : 29th March 2013 at 00:31. Reason: added quadrajet
deepclutch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 09:29   #62
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the current Indica (not Vista), I personally feel every TATA motorcar is a half baked product with the customer being the guinea pig. Not that the junkdica is perfect today. From the portfolio, this is the best. This is how it has been from the day they rolled out their first car. For a company thats been building cars for over 15 years, there is absolutely no change or improvement in the way they build their cars. The mentality is the same. I still remember a newspaper article highlighting the one lac and above bookings made when the Indica was launched. Over 70% dropped those booking in the course of the waiting period to receive their cars as most of them were falling apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I can't decide which car was the worst to join our family : The '92 Premier 118 NE or the '07 Tata Indigo.
Bet its the Indigo. If memory serves me right, the 118NE was a gem of a car. It was well made and the mechanicals were brilliant. I bet the engine on the NE is more refined than anything in the TATA stable today.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th March 2013 at 10:30. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 16:34   #63

re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!

Dear Bravo.
I bought a TATA Sumo Grande in 2009. From the day first problems started. Many days at their workshops...problems continues one by one...One of the service persons commented..it is a new car sir, wait some days, then there will not be any problems...
SO now I decided, any more TATA cars? Never, in my life...I think that is why TATA named for TATA bye bye customer, we got your money...TATA bye...

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th May 2013 at 09:16.
jaykoot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 15:04   #64
BHPian

Here is a short update about my Aria.
The car was last repaired and serviced in Dec 2012. The problem of engine warning lights was traced down to choked air filters. I was informed that the from choked filters through a series of events causes the car to go into 'limp home mode'. May be they diagnosed it right. Since then the car is sparingly used and mostly parked in my garage. 2 days back i thought of taking it for a stroll. And the very thought brought to light two new issues.
1. Reverse camera is non functional
2. CD player is stuck.

The speedo display error still persists despite part replacement thrice.

I dont have words to describe the quality of tata products. TASS will support in all possible ways, free pick up/ drop, replace parts etc etc. Every day something or the other fails. Why so many issues in a single car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykoot View Post
Dear Bravo.
SO now I decided, any more TATA cars? Never, in my life...I think that is why TATA named for TATA bye bye customer, we got your money...TATA bye...
Forget Tata Car i have stopped buying even Tata Ka Namak (Tata Salt), all tata products are prohibited in my family. My family have put up posters in their offices which reads my ordeal. At least 20 colleagues were dissuaded from buying a tata vehicle If i am unable to recover the money i lost buying Aria let the company (Tata sons) lose that amount over years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelravin View Post
This is unbelievable for a flagship product from Tata. The Aria looks so impressive on the road and on paper. I really hope you get things sorted out. How is it that there are no other such reviews in a public forum?
Aria looks impressive on papers but what about reliability?
Just to enlighten you here is the story of two more Arias
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ownership.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
I completely agree, the comfort of Aria is unbeatab \le. I test drove it few months ago and it was really amazing. Getting in/out was a breeze - my 7 month pregnant wife was able to manage without stressing herself out. I am planning to test drive the AT variant when it comes to the showroom.

But the biggest question I have is - will TATA give me the backup in terms of service quality and product quality after spending so much money.

TATA cars are build to last. Even the normal diesel mechanic at a village can decode the system (excluding the electronics).
Nothing beats the Tatas in terms of space and comfort right from nano to Aria, But the big question is reliability.

Tatas can give you support in terms of service quality. Atleast in NCR their backup is really really good. But the built quality is what really matters and something not in the hands of TASS.

I guess there is some time before local mechanics will master the art of tata electronics better than tata engineers. I remember an indigo with over heating problem which tata engineers were never able to diagnose but a local mechanic did it by simply changing a stupid sensor.
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 16:26   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Tatas can give you support in terms of service quality. Atleast in NCR their backup is really really good. But the built quality is what really matters and something not in the hands of TASS.
Well Tata's are masters at their business.
They will first lure the customer with good appealing advertisements.
Then pack in value(less) added products in the car, price it very well, to an
extent will cut down on profits. Ask me why?

They know once you buy the car, you have to visit the service station.
To be honest the quality of service station is better than the car itself but
it has a reason to it.

The more you visit the service station, more you add to the economy.
During the warranty phase, minimum two visits a month will see you buy fuel which adds to the govt taxes.
After the warranty, the Tatas and the service station guys are smiling again, direct profits as you visit.

For the past two years I have been saying (even to the Tata showroom guys that calls me for new purchases)
"I won't drive any Tata car even if given free of cost, my mental peace is too dear to me"
himadrimondal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 19:46   #66
BHPian

The biggest problem with TASS is getting them to note our complaints properly in the job card. If you get them to write down every point you tell them (once I even took the pad from the guy and wrote some lines myself) they will fix them for you. If its not fixed in the current visit they are happy to write a "prescription" which we can take to any mechanic and fix it.

After over 5 years of painful repairs and visits to their various shops I have a good running car. But yes the last fix and major one was by a local mechanic in Kerala. My car (Indigo Marina) has covered 1-lakh Kms in the last 6+ years.

I agree, TASS folks are not those glossy polished people we could meet in an airline counter, but if you can roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty with the details you can get 100% out of the TASS folks.

Another thing, never let them clean your interiors for free, they can end up ruining it.
srinih75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 22:22   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Forget Tata Car i have stopped buying even Tata Ka Namak (Tata Salt), all tata products are prohibited in my family.
Same here! I have not had a good experience with ANY Tata product or service since mid-2006. My favorite quote is that Tata is a 4-letter word. That's how strongly I feel about them. What was once a great organization, built by Jamshetji and then nurtured by JRD has gone to the dogs. Very disillusioning.
TheTeacher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 21:44   #68
BHPian

The car is finally back after 6 days.
They have checked the connections of reverse camera. Hopefully camera issue doesnt reoccur.
The stuck CD was removed.
There was some wobbling at 100-120 kmph. I thought it was some minor alignment/ balancing issue. Brought it to notice of Workshop. It just opened up a bag of worms. Five days of permutations and combinations, the issue was finally traced down to suspension. The wishbone assembly, assembly bushes, upper ball joints were replaced(under warranty).
Why cant they provide me with a new Aria, instead of replacing everything in bits and parts.

So the final count is

Days at workshop: 66
And 3 new issues to be added to the list.
Old 22nd May 2013, 22:42   #69
BHPian

Here is few more to the list:

1. Hydraulic jack malfunctioned (Replaced under warranty: TM has now replaced those hydraulic ones with manual jacks)
2. Rear door refuses to shut (lock/ latch replaced under warranty)
3. Bonnet is jammed (cable and lock needs to be replaced, parts awaited)

The only good thing is ASS attends with 30-60 mins, and parts are replaced immediately or as early as possible (no questions asked)

The issues without a solution:
1. Speedo display/ MID flickers on its own. Both stalks have been changed thrice but still the issue persists.

2. The navigator had lost its voice. Though with the 2012 upgrade, maps are much better, its voice guidance is missing. Even tried contacting Navtec and delphi but in vain. Even they seem clueless.

Last edited by bravo82in : 22nd May 2013 at 23:00.
Old 22nd May 2013, 22:48   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazed at your perseverance with the product after such an agonizing ownership experience. Why don't you get rid off the car and buy yourself something more reliable?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 23:12   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Amazed at your perseverance with the product after such an agonizing ownership experience. Why don't you get rid off the car and buy yourself something more reliable?
No one is ready to buy this junk even at half the price i paid of it. . Its difficult to find a fool like me. (It shelled 17 lacs plus for this car)

Thought of putting an ad on OLX.IN (The TVC inspired me to 'OLX par beech de' ) only to find over 100 arias waiting to be sold. I thinks its a huge number considering the dismal sale figures of Aria (And thats just one website)

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd May 2013 at 15:01. Reason: Only two smileys per post please.
Old 22nd May 2013, 23:33   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No one is ready to buy this junk even at half the price i paid of it. . Its difficult to find a fool like me. (It shelled 17 lacs plus for this car)

Thought of putting an ad on OLX.IN (The TVC inspired me to 'OLX par beech de' ) only to find over 100 arias waiting to be sold. I thinks its a huge number considering the dismal sale figures of Aria (And thats just one website)
Thats quite a nasty situation to be in. Why not exchange it with a slightly more reliable ride from Tata itself using one of those promotional exchange schemes? May be get the Tata Safari storme. Or just book a loss and sell it at whatever price it manages. I mean losing some cash is better than losing cash, sleep and time everyday in the service centres. Plus once the car comes out of warranty the cost of these visits would also increase. Have you written to Tata regarding your vehicle and the long list of problems it has? Just replacing parts and then more parts every time is not a solution.

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd May 2013 at 15:01.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 00:45   #73
BHPian

I have tweeted the link of this thread to Karl Slym for his comments. Eagerly awaiting his comments.
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 01:04   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Have you written to Tata regarding your vehicle and the long list of problems it has? Just replacing parts and then more parts every time is not a solution.
Written to Tata customer care every time an issue comes up. All they do is redirect the complaints to some workshop, and they will take my car away, repair/ replace the part, and wait for the next part to fail. I still have 27 months/ 1.1 lac kms of warranty left and by that time TM would have paid the price for another aria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
I have tweeted the link of this thread to Karl Slym for his comments. Eagerly awaiting his comments.
Thanks you, please update me about his comments. I tweeted Ratan tata some time back. Got a call from TM Mumbai, and again everything was redirected to a workshop for repairs. What can workshop people do when the products coming out of Tata factory are half baked.
Old 23rd May 2013, 10:11   #75
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks you, please update me about his comments. I tweeted Ratan tata some time back. Got a call from TM Mumbai, and again everything was redirected to a workshop for repairs. What can workshop people do when the products coming out of Tata factory are half baked.
This is the reply I got (from Tata Motors)
Hey ****, Saw your post. Really sorry about your experience. Give us some time to review. Will get back to you shortly

And my reply was
@TataMotors Those were not my experiences, please contact TeamBhp Admin to reach the affected parties

PS: Had tweeted link of Zappex's experiences too

Last edited by KINI : 23rd May 2013 at 10:12.
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks