Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2013, 10:23   #76
BHPian

re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!

Thank you for your efforts KINI. Hope somebody listens at TM, however chances are bleak.
Old 23rd May 2013, 10:24   #77
BHPian

re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
This is the reply I got (from Tata Motors)
Hey ****, Saw your post. Really sorry about your experience. Give us some time to review. Will get back to you shortly

And my reply was
@TataMotors Those were not my experiences, please contact TeamBhp Admin to reach the affected parties

PS: Had tweeted link of Zappex's experiences too
Very nice.. it will be remarkable if tata motors makes a visit to tbhp to see the threads and reach the affected parties and do make the customer happy ( in a sense that all the defects etc are ironed out in professional manner.)

Cheers
Old 23rd May 2013, 13:13   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Thank you for your efforts KINI. Hope somebody listens at TM, however chances are bleak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
Very nice.. it will be remarkable if tata motors makes a visit to tbhp to see the threads and reach the affected parties and do make the customer happy ( in a sense that all the defects etc are ironed out in professional manner.)

Cheers
You are welcome.I got a reply to that tweet stating that TATA Motors would contact the affected parties soon.Hope that is the case.

Last edited by KINI : 23rd May 2013 at 13:14.
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 13:24   #79
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

2. Rear door refuses to shut (lock/ latch replaced under warranty)

The only good thing is ASS attends with 30-60 mins, and parts are replaced immediately or as early as possible (no questions asked)

The issues without a solution:
1. Speedo display/ MID flickers on its own. Both stalks have been changed thrice but still the issue persists.

2. The navigator had lost its voice. Though with the 2012 upgrade, maps are much better, its voice guidance is missing. Even tried contacting Navtec and delphi but in vain. Even they seem clueless.
Have had my indicator stalks also replaced thrice - It works fine for a few days and then is back to it's old tricks.

My navigator though still has its voice even with 2012 map update. Yes the maps are much better.

Also I tend to break off the plastic side trim of drivers seat while getting off. Replaced thrice - Then finally the entire seat too was replaced since it was shaking big time. - Though this would more likely happen with my higher wt compared to others.

Also the Find the Front Seatbelts to be too small - length wise. Cannot select certain seat positions on account of that.

Rear door latch did develop an issue recently - in my case it would refuse to open at times. Then would again be back to normal after some time.

Last edited by ACM : 23rd May 2013 at 13:26.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 13:34   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Also I tend to break off the plastic side trim of drivers seat while getting off.
I haven't broken mine yet (maybe because my seats are still covered in the factory plastic waiting for the internal accesories fitting to be done and out of the way first - ditto for the all the strip away plastic coatings on the interior surfaces like dash, handles etc.).

But yes, they are not flush and are protruding and my trouser bottoms have snagged on them once earlier. I did not know they can be replaced separately. Will ask them to replace the offending corner protector.
Old 23rd May 2013, 23:13   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
My navigator though still has its voice even with 2012 map update. Yes the maps are much better.
Also the Find the Front Seatbelts to be too small - length wise. Cannot select certain seat positions on account of that.
Rear door latch did develop an issue recently - in my case it would refuse to open at times. Then would again be back to normal after some time.
With the navigator, to make it speak, is there some setting that i might be missing?
For the seatbelt problem, you can go for seatbelt extenders. Try ebay.in or amazon

Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!-seat-belt-extenders.jpg
Picture copyright respective website

Last edited by bravo82in : 23rd May 2013 at 23:14.
Old 24th May 2013, 09:32   #82
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With the navigator, to make it speak, is there some setting that i might be missing?
For the seatbelt problem, you can go for seatbelt extenders. Try ebay.in or amazon

Attachment 1086956
Picture copyright respective website
Yep there is a setting to have voice on or off in the settings. just browse through the various options, you should spot it soon enough.

The latch of these extenders may or may not fit a particular vehicle and one would never know till one tries it out. But thanks, though I probably will not go for them. I once broke the mechanism clicking mechanism of the rear seat belt of the Safari and went if for a machine from the after market and just used the clicking side of the mechanism and found that the it would not work at most times. Eventually had to change the entire seatbelt set for both sides to maintain consistency and safe operation.

The thing is that the Safari Storme has seatbelts that are much longer and very easy to fit and yet the Aria does not and that is inconsistency in design from the same company.

If one buys into a Honda then the logic for such matters will not vary from say the City to the civic to the Accord to the CRV. Infact most people will say that it all feels too familiar like say in the Innova and the Fortuner. But the consistency in interior or exterior design aspects is not seen.
Old 2nd August 2013, 09:35   #83
BHPian

Just putting my two cents worth ( which at times can go horribly wrong). But I had felt that the Storme will face alignment issues because when I read the tech specs it mentioned that the alignment is to be done by the screw type arrangement as against the shim type in the current Safari which though more time consuming to work with holds position better and longer,if this the same system in the Aria then I am not surprised that they suffer from alignment issues.
If my statement is wrong then please correct it .

Anosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thought only the Pure LX version was coming with single mass flywheel to reduce the cost. How is the NVH on this?

OT: Isn't Storme supposed to get dual mass fly wheel? Should we also expect the alignment problem as the chassis is same as Aria?
Old 23rd October 2013, 18:19   #84
BHPian

Its two years now and there is no stopping to issues with my aria.
Alignment issue has come up thrice. First it was at 10000 km (They replaced some small plastic part) Second time it was in may 2012 around 40000 kms (Swing arms were replaced with what they call a new design) Third time it was at 43000 kms, The ball/bush joint was blamed for it. I was informed that this joint has a life of 45000kms, so nothing wrong with it. One tyre gone half bald thanks to recurrent alignment issues. Who is going to compensate for the loss of tyre(~Rs 15000/-) Tata motors remains silent.

Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!-tyre.jpg

Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!-imag0233.jpg

There are other issues.
1.Rear camera works at will (Repaired twice),
2.Bonnet cable jammed (replaced),
3.steering volume control malfunctions (replaced)
4.Rt outer rear view mirror lost connect with it control switch (repaired).
5.MID display starts it dance again (Both stalks replaced for the fifth time, 6.Speedometer replaced ones)
7.CD stuck in cd player( Removed)
8.Dust seeping in from rear of car,
9.Voice Navigation not working (They say the issue is due to head unit and will be replaced when parts are available)
10.Hydraulic jack malfunctions(Replaced with a manual one)
On an average one issue comes up every 1000 kms of use. Even when parked inside my garage some issue or the other comes up.
I got a call from Tata motors asking my user experience. What a dare!!! I was enquired about the solution i was looking for. I asked them to refund my money or replace it with a new Aria or Buy it back, or swap it with another Tata product or compensate for my time and money or atleast extend the warranty to from current 4 yrs to 6 years. "sir thats not possible, all i can do is forward you response to my seniors." Those seniors are thick skinned people who i know have done nothing and will do nothing.
There is a shift in attitude. Earlier they used to offer Loaner cars, now they find excuses. Customer care in pune used to follow up my issues, now they even dont bother.
My experience with Dhingra motors, Gurgaon who has been doing all the repairs is not that bad. Its the quality of product that is horrible. The general attitude of the GM, workshop so far has been supportive. But what can he do when the support team at Pune is unable to find a solution to reoccurring issues.
In the mean while i got my vehicle serviced at 45000kms, Bill was ~rs 8000/- which i think is reasonable enough.

Last edited by bravo82in : 23rd October 2013 at 18:38.
bravo82in is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 11:59   #85
BHPian

The car met with a road traffic accident on yamuna expressway. It collided with a truck. There is extensive damage to the front end. The front passengers (My father who was driving and the driver) escaped without major injuries thanks to the air bags and seat belts. The middle row passenger (My mother) who seems to be asleep at the moment and was without seat belts had scalp avulsion and a spinal compression fracture. Thankfully there were no internal injuries head injuries or fractures.

I am thankful to the car that saved three precious lives.
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:11   #86
Senior - BHPian

@bravo, glad that your parents are safe after the collision. Praying for a speedy recovery.
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:12   #87
Senior - BHPian

Bravo, despite giving so many niggles, the car did what it is supposed to do; protect in case of a collision. thank god, your parents are safe and sound.

Replacing the car now?
amtak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:19   #88
BHPian

Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!-img20140502wa0016.jpg

Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!-img_20140502_121601.jpg

Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!-img_20140502_121546.jpg

Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!-img20140502wa0020.jpg

Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!-img20140502wa0017.jpg
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:32   #89
BHPian

Quote:
I am thankful to the car that saved three precious lives.
At the end of the day, safety that comes as part of the car is way beyond any niggle that may be there. Thank God that everyone is safe.
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:38   #90
BHPian

I am thankful to Tata motors for bringing up a vehicle safe enough. The car did what it is supposed to do. My 2 years of painful journey with tata motors seems minuscule to what might been a life long regrets sufferings and agony had it been some other car.
bravo82in is offline   (20) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks