Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:52   #91
BHPian

Looking at the pictures, I am now quite convinced that TML is making cars thay are safe. The way the front crumples determines how much impact gets transferred to the passengers. I observed a similar situation in the case of a forum member's Storme (though that was just a minor collision). So, they are in fact, building safe cars.
sasi405 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:52   #92
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!

Just curious to know, at what speed did this accident happened?
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 13:43   #93
BHPian

re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!

Phew!!! some crash this one. Good to know your family is safe.

I agree, the way front has crumpled really showcase how much impact gets transferred to the cabin, yes TATA does make safe cars.

This reminds me of the running joke we had in our engineering college when TATA was about to launch the INDICA - "TATA will have the safest cars, truck ka steel use karenge to koi kya ukhaad lega".
garyag79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 16:18   #94
Senior - BHPian

Good god, that's a terrible looking crash. I'm glad everyone's fine. The car might have been problematic, but it didn't fail you the one time that truly mattered, and I think that is the most important thing.
iliketurtles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 17:15   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Just curious to know, at what speed did this accident happened?
Must be doing 80-100kmph. The truck was following them at a distance suddenly decided to overtake from left side. The truck driver probably lost control brushed long the left side of Aria took a left turn and slammed brakes. The Aria reared the truck. The relative speed shouldnt be much.

One thing worth mentioning is the quick response from the toll plaza rescue team. The team was there within 15 mins with an ambulance 4 paramedics and a tow crane. In less than 30 mins of mishap they shifted my parents and driver to a hospital. My mom was bleeding profusely from head. The quick response of rescue team was life saving. They called up 4 of our friends and relatives with details of hospital, rescue teams contact numbers and treating doctors' contact number. Local police was also informed. I visited their office after 7 days to pick up the Aria. They had prepared a report of the accident with snaps of the vehicle , location time etc of mishap, list of injured, name of the police personnel informed. Never expect such things in India, where accident victims are at the mercy of passerby or till the time police arrives.
bravo82in is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 18:20   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey, shocking pictures. Very very relieved to know all 3 occupants are safe. Must applaud the people present at the time who did all the right things at the right time. God bless them. And god bless the car. I guess the car did its bit to prove its worth after all the troubles you had. I can certainly vouch for the safety standards of TML cars. Having personally been involved in a very dangerous accident that involved ditching the car 6 feet off the road, taking off from the ditch like a ski jump to be airborne for a few feet and slamming back to earth nose first in my own Vista after an SX4 lost control and threw me off the road.

I walked out without a single scratch. Only my sunglasses had fallen off my nose. At the time I had assumed the car was totaled. However, Concorde motors did some magic with it and I've since done more than 10000kms with it. Infact now it feels better to drive than original!! I'll be sticking with the lifesaver forever. Whats your plan? Attempting to salvage it?

Once again, glad to know all are safe. I hope they all fully recover in no time. Take care.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 19:39   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Attempting to salvage it?
When i was finalizing the Aria i was inclined at buying the mid variant. The sales executive insisted for going with the top variant. His logic was for a lac extra you are getting loads of safety features. His advise really paid back. During the phase of frequent visits to workshops i used to mock him ' you wasted my lac Rupee, with such a high failure rate i doubt the air bags of TML will ever deploy'

Its good to hear that with extensive damages your car was repaired to perfection
The estimated cost of repair is close to 10 lacs with insurance company's' liability of around 8.5 lacs. The declared IDV is 11.6 lacs. The workshop manager says this case goes for repairs than total loss. I wont mind it being repaired as long as the repair quality is good. i dont want to spent another year ironing out the imperfections. The car is with Dhingra Motors Gurgaon with whom my experience off late has been good.
Only thing my family wants is to change the color from black.
Any inputs/suggestion for color options, dual color, cost involved, RTO issues, etc would be of great help.

Last edited by bravo82in : 2nd May 2014 at 19:46.
bravo82in is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 20:02   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

You can leave the car in its original shade and just have a gold band starting from the bottom of the doors and running across the length of the car.

This could be as follows from the bottom of the doors

1/2 inch no band

1/2 inch thick band

1/2 inch no band

2 inch thick band

1/2 inch no band

1/2 inch thick band

Rather than painting I may suggest installing some vinyl/stickers from a number plate shop as a trial to see if that works ; and if you like the pattern you could have the band painted.

Or simply duplicate the gold and black colour scheme of the Scorpio

Last edited by vigsom : 2nd May 2014 at 20:05. Reason: addition
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 20:35   #99
BHPian

Thanks for the input, Dual shade with gold must look good.
I was considering complete change of color to Bronze the shade of safari storme or may be white with smoked head lamps tail lamps and front grill.

Last edited by bravo82in : 2nd May 2014 at 20:46.
Old 2nd May 2014, 21:02   #100
Senior - BHPian

Glad you're all are safe. Looking at the pic, I don't think an Innova could've held-up this well. Structurally, Aria is a solid car and IIRC fared rather well when crash tested. Hope you're proud of your purchase.

You'll get just 11.6L from insurance if you take it as a total loss, considering the New Aria 4x4 costs 15x1.2=18L OTR, you should definitely get yours repaired.

IMO White mostly looks elegant for large cars. And scratches too can easily be covered up in white. You'll surely need to get the colour changed in RTO records - but I dunno the exact paperwork required. Maybe just a letter with a request to inspect the colour change.

P.S. : O.T. I guess Aria's safety trumps Innova's 'reliability'.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 21:30   #101
BHPian

I am really proud of my purchase. Aria has 4 star euro-NCAP rating, not sure of the innova. I guess innova wont have survived the blow. A sedan would have ducked under the rear of truck.
With the information i gathered from this forum after color change i need to apply to the RTO pay a nominal fee and get it changed on records.
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 22:56   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
I am really proud of my purchase. Aria has 4 star euro-NCAP rating, not sure of the innova. I guess innova wont have survived the blow. A sedan would have ducked under the rear of truck.
With the information i gathered from this forum after color change i need to apply to the RTO pay a nominal fee and get it changed on records.
Thank to god for saving the life of your parents. Pray for their speedy recovery. Imagine an Innova or XUV500 in this scenario. I personally dont pay much attention to euro-NCAP rating. The reason, the manufacturers know exactly how the test is conducted and they engineer to match that. Real life situation will be entirely different. Additional weight/steel of Aria was a big factor in absorbing the impact.
Once the structure absorbs the heavy impact like yours, i am not sure whether it can do the same one more time. Considering this, if you can afford to do it, it may be a better option to total this and buy the 2014 Aria with the insurance money.

Last edited by teamveevee : 2nd May 2014 at 22:58.
teamveevee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 06:32   #103
BHPian

Will it be if all the damaged parts are replaced and not repaired??
Old 3rd May 2014, 09:40   #104
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to the Almighty your parents and driver are ok! The car has to be appreciated for the safety features.
I would go along with Teamveevee and recommend that you get a new Aria with the insurance money and write this one off. I can understand the sentimental attachment to a car that has served you so well at a most critical juncture but I think a new car is the way to go.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 10:14   #105
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT, do Airbags have any link with seat belt?

If seat belt is not used, air bags do not deploy?

Why iam asking is recently a prominent female politician from AP met an accident in a ford endeavour. the car turned turtle three time after an head on collision and skidded in to nearby fields. She is not wearing seat belts. She was thrown out through front windshield and expired next day in care hospital Hyderabad.

Airbags did not deploy in this case
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!-accidentphoto.jpg  

Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident!-accident.jpg  

rkg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks