Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2013, 13:32   #16
BHPian

Peace of Mind extended

Finally, after much deliberation bought the Extended Warranty on Saturday (06-Jul) for 2 more years at a cost of Rs. 11776/- and since this was supposed to be provided only if insurance taken from Bajaj Allianz via the A.S.S the same has been renewed for Rs.31259/- (Drive Assure). Had to drive from RM Nagar to their Okalipuram service centre to get this accomplished. This is inspite of me dropping in a note about this whole "buying insurance only then EW provided" fleecing to Skoda Customer Care who promptly responded saying my query has been sent to Vinayak Cars for further resolution who inspite of a week have chosen not to respond.

And today, even a goat could not keep itself away from my car. Out of the blue while I was waiting at a junction near my house i hear two loud bangs on my passenger door. I lowered the front passenger window and saw a goat hitting its head on my door . After shooing it away and parking it on the road side, i find a black color mark about 5 inches long. Tried wiping it away but did not go. Used some water and rubbed it a bit and it kind of faded away. May be all this is a sign for the "lady in red" to be taken to 3M or another detailing centre to get her waxed & polished.

She is due for the 1st annual service in 7 days.
Old 8th July 2013, 16:43   #17
BHPian

Annual Fuel cost

The lady in red has completed exactly a year as of yesterday and overall FE has been at 15kmpl. The best part - cost of fuel till date has been approx Rs. 47000/= ONLY.

Attached is a detailed report with odo & fuel cost as & when the refill has happened. This was done thru an app for iphone called "Gas Logger".
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Gas Logger.pdf (38.3 KB, 440 views)
Old 9th July 2013, 14:42   #18
BHPian

Re: From a Skoda Octavia to a Skoda Rapid

Hi RedRapid - I believe you live close to BTM/Banerghatta road. I have seen your car (I guess) and admired the leather upholstery with red stitching as well as touchscreen HU. Last Sunday, I think I parked my car beside yours at Shoppers Stop on Banerghatta Rd. Must say that the car looks fab!! Maybe a rear spoiler would've been great as well.
Old 10th July 2013, 10:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Hi RedRapid - I believe you live close to BTM/Banerghatta road. I have seen your car (I guess) and admired the leather upholstery with red stitching as well as touchscreen HU. Last Sunday, I think I parked my car beside yours at Shoppers Stop on Banerghatta Rd. Must say that the car looks fab!! Maybe a rear spoiler would've been great as well.
Hello, sorry i stay near KR Puram and havent been to that side of the city in a while. May be a similar looking car is what you would have spotted.
Old 10th July 2013, 11:31   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRapid View Post
Hello, sorry i stay near KR Puram and havent been to that side of the city in a while. May be a similar looking car is what you would have spotted.
Ah, I have actually seen an exact car which matches the photos posted by you!
Old 1st August 2013, 14:21   #21
BHPian

Re: Peace of Mind extended

Quote:
Finally, after much deliberation bought the Extended Warranty on Saturday (06-Jul) for 2 more years at a cost of Rs. 11776/- and since this was supposed to be provided only if insurance taken from Bajaj Allianz via the A.S.S the same has been renewed for Rs.31259/- (Drive Assure).
======
She is due for the 1st annual service in 7 days.
Its been four weeks after payment and I have not received any manual / log / receipt that shows the car is covered through Extended Warranty (EW). My consistent follow-up never yielded any result, except for a standard response that there is some problem at VW's end and I should be able to get the soft copy by End of Day. Today morning, after much thought i finally wrote an email to Skoda Customer Care along with copies to the local Vinayak guys. I receive a call within an hour from the SA saying that VW is not ready to provide the EW coverage since I had opted for it after 365 days. After much of back & forth discussions, I made it clear to them that I am not looking for a refund and neither was the EW opted after 365 days, when the same was done couple of days before completing 1 year, which is based on what the SA had advised during my prior conversations. And that I don't care if she has to escalate or do whatever, that I WILL NEED to get the EW now.

This is now pending for resolution. I just fail to understand why VW Group is thinking so much to provide EW for a car which is just a year old. Hope to get a favourable response.

Not sure if I can explore any other options to ensure I get EW coverage.
Old 8th August 2013, 18:02   #22
BHPian

Hi, Have been reading your detailed report and impressed. Thanks. Probably you need to shift to better tyres which could give you better roadholding. Shifting to Bridgestones Turanzas from the original Goodyears made a world of difference in case of my Octavia.

I have a question. The Rapid has a longer wheelbase than the Octavia though the overall length is shorter. Is the Rapid therefore more spacious than the Octavia as far as legroom is concerned ?

Last edited by rxpaul : 8th August 2013 at 18:11.
Old 23rd January 2014, 17:23   #23
BHPian

An unfortunate incident happened today, thanks to BWSSB. They had dug up the road in front of my apartment for underground sewage pipe. In the process they had not closed the pits completely. Today morning, when I was trying to come out of my apartment, I heard scraping sound from the front. Ignoring this, I took it out when a creaking noise was heard and I knew that was not the regular mud flaps sound. I stopped immediately by the side and upon inspection found that the front bumper had caved in. Although no leaks or anything, the SA from Vinayak Service centre (which is just 3 to 4 kms away from my apartment) advised that we might have to replace the Intercooler, bumper and check the radiator and other things - approx quote was for 30K....Attached pic should show the extent of damage.

This really makes me want to out of BWSSB & BBMP. I mean are they so dumb that they don't even know to close a pothole properly. I am saddened beyond words can express, given the amount of pain I go through on a daily basis to upkeep her properly. Add to this woes, I need to wait for minimum a week's time since the service centre has already about 80 cars in line for service & body shop work.

Note from Support - Post edited. Please refrain from using abusive language in your posts. We need your support to maintain the quality of this forum.
Attached Thumbnails
From a Skoda Octavia to a Skoda Rapid-rapid-001.jpg  

From a Skoda Octavia to a Skoda Rapid-rapid-002.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 1st July 2014 at 13:41.
Old 29th May 2014, 18:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
An unfortunate incident happened today, thanks to BWSSB....I need to wait for minimum a week's time since the service centre has already about 80 cars in line for service & body shop work.
Was wondering if you had this sorted out, what parts were replaced and what the cost of repairs were.
Old 1st July 2014, 13:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
Was wondering if you had this sorted out, what parts were replaced and what the cost of repairs were.
Hi,

Apologies for the delay in responding. Yes, this was done. Fortunately only front bumper needed a replacement and since I had bumper 2 bumper cover, i had to pay for only about 4k while the balance about 12k was covered by insurance
Old 1st July 2014, 13:31   #26
BHPian

A new incident once again. Last Friday (27th June), I had parked my car outside my in-law's place for a short while (2 hours max). The drive back to my home & saturday outing was normal. However, on sunday while I turned on the ignition the "coil" indicator kept flashing. I checked the manual and it did not say anything drastic. Called up the 24x7 assistance line and was connected to the KR Puram roadside assistance guy who said since the workshop is closed, we cannot do anything and so long as the vehicle cranks and no jerks during driving it should be fine. Took the car to a movie and no difference in performance, came back from the movie and was enroute to home when the EGR (the pipe like symbol) light stayed on all the time. So decided to take it up on Monday to Vinayak Cars.

Car was visually inspected and they found that it could be rat bit due to which power to sensors are being disrupted and hence the lights. Was advised to leave the car for a thorough check. At about 2 PM i get a call saying that even though the wiring was replaced there is a recurrent fault code from ECM and hence the ECM needs to be changed.

Now this is something I am unheard of. What's more frightening is that the SA advised that he can give the car back clearing the error however, he is not responsible if the car stalls midway somewhere or if there is a short circuit later.

I need advice from fellow bhp'ians to confirm if this could actually happen and hence its good to go ahead with the ECU replacement (SA seems like a nice chap since he said he will not quote it as a rat bite & try to replace it in warranty) or if I should just take the risk and get the car out & drive about going my business.

Appreciate if you all could respond at the latest.
Old 1st July 2014, 13:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
since I had bumper 2 bumper cover, i had to pay for only about 4k while the balance about 12k was covered by insurance
Thanks for the update mate, i have scratched the lower front bumper nothing you can see unless you look carefully, I don't think its something i need to replace and more over no bumper to bumper
Old 8th July 2014, 12:35   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Apologies for the delay in responding. Yes, this was done. Fortunately only front bumper needed a replacement and since I had bumper 2 bumper cover, i had to pay for only about 4k while the balance about 12k was covered by insurance
Hi,
Can you share the breakup of 4K.
I have not heard of anyone paying more than 2K in case of a Bumper to Bumper insurance.
Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 11:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Hi,
Can you share the breakup of 4K.
I have not heard of anyone paying more than 2K in case of a Bumper to Bumper insurance.
Thanks
Hi,

Apologies for not responding earlier. Unfortunately due to hectic work schedule I have not been able to catchup on the forum topics and hence missed out. I believe its too late to respond now.

Quick Update on the car -
  • Kms on the odo as on date - 40300
  • Baring general & timely servicing, nothing much to report
  • Front disc brakes trimmed (dunno the technical term) from Bosch instead of replacing brake pads

Items requiring check during upcoming service in July 2015 -
  • Front LH struts / suspension change - Oil leakage noticed
  • Front Brake Pads change

Not sure if the A.S.C will be ready to change only one side's Strut / suspension since I am told that generally it comes as a set of two. Also, given that my car will be out of extended warranty post July 2015, I might go in for a relay based headlight change, outside A.S.C. still figuring out which relay & bulb to go for.

Last edited by RedRapid : 17th March 2015 at 11:27.

Most Viewed