Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2013, 23:47   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. EDIT : First service completed at 5000

Looking great

Now time to smoke the muffler tip too to gloss black ( i guess thats the only bit of chrome left on the car )
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 01:06   #227
BHPian

Re: The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. EDIT : First service completed at 5000

Amazing job with the car Karthik, creativity does give results and i must add that your car should be one of the "tastefully modded cars" in India. The italian babe does have her charms!
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 09:19   #228
Senior - BHPian

Though I've been an occasional lurker, I don't think I've congratulated you yet. So, please accept my Congrats, though late. To be frank, I got too lazy to go through the vast review in its entirety. Some day, I got to read it fully at leisure.

About the recent CF-ing. I'm just wondering whether the Audi inspired 'toothless grin' alone would have been better or not? Can you also put a long shot bang from the front, and at an angle - how others view your car from their car.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 09:57   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

KarthikK,

You've done a good thing removing those OEM graphics.
The side profile looks very good now.
the black CF handles also gel well with the overall theme.

Now for the front...
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-capture.jpg
This portion is looking too starightish compared to the smooth lines everywhere else on the car.
I don't know if its just me, but this portion lacks that oomph factor which the other mods on your car possess.

As thoma mentioned, please post a long shot of the front.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 25th February 2013 at 10:14.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 10:05   #230
Senior - BHPian

Whoa ! What a stunning looking Punto.

I think all those 1000 kms on the odo must have been done traveling between your place and 3M center.

Have you done any mods inside of the car? Whatever I have read or seen, is all on the exterior.

Cheers,
Ajay
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 11:22   #231
BHPian

Hey Kartik,
The car looks stunning now !! I just couldn't hold back looking at the pics.

You need to give some tips to the FIAT folks, this is how the sports model should look like.

Next, If you can just change the alloys to some thing other than the original and matching that would completely transform the car.

Congrats on having a stunning car and Kudos to your attention to detail.

Have fun !!

Cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 13:10   #232
BHPian

karthikk,

I noticed your vehicle today morning at 10:30 PM on the way to Agara junction, you car was gleaming , how does your car hold up in slow moving heavy traffic?

I dread the idea of driving a car to office, saps my energy badly. My baleno used to give me backache after driving in heavy traffic. Looking to buy an automatic car this month.

I was driving a TN Reg TVS Wego if you happened to notice me.

Vinod
Mr_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 14:02   #233
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenttismo View Post
+1

@ KarthikK Ahhh! Good job mate!

And here is some good news to you, google search for fiat punto red yields your car's images!

http://www.google.co.in/search?q=fiat+punto+red&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=rYspUafk KYisrAev74BY&biw=1366&bih=677&sei=sIspUZykLczyrQfe-IH4Dw
Whoa! my car is now famous, eh?? Thanks for sharing this piece of info with me, hehe. Interesting discovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Looking great

Now time to smoke the muffler tip too to gloss black ( i guess thats the only bit of chrome left on the car )
I'm thinking of double barrel exhaust tip from the UK spec Abarth. Need to see when I can get hold of one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Amazing job with the car Karthik, creativity does give results and i must add that your car should be one of the "tastefully modded cars" in India. The italian babe does have her charms!
Thanks a lot for the compliments Arch-Angel, glad you liked the art-work attempt *smiles*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Though I've been an occasional lurker, I don't think I've congratulated you yet. So, please accept my Congrats, though late. To be frank, I got too lazy to go through the vast review in its entirety. Some day, I got to read it fully at leisure.
Thanks a lot thoma, really glad to know you liked it, and hope your mobile/tablet browser didn't hang due to the number of pictures (200+ I think).

Quote:
About the recent CF-ing. I'm just wondering whether the Audi inspired 'toothless grin' alone would have been better or not? Can you also put a long shot bang from the front, and at an angle - how others view your car from their car.
I'll put up these pictures when I manage to take it from those angles. Probably will come up here in a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Now for the front...
Attachment 1055428
This portion is looking too starightish compared to the smooth lines everywhere else on the car.
I don't know if its just me, but this portion lacks that oomph factor which the other mods on your car possess.

Hmm.. I don't think anything else can be done for that. The best way to get an all black theme on the centre is by completing the trapezoid between the grills. Anything else will look like a Veerappan moustache on the front bumper. Do you have any specific ideas in mind? Do share if you have, will be glad to try out. I'm not too much of an artist with things like these, sadly. I only tried to fill in the gaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Hey Kartik,
The car looks stunning now !! I just couldn't hold back looking at the pics.

You need to give some tips to the FIAT folks, this is how the sports model should look like.

Next, If you can just change the alloys to some thing other than the original and matching that would completely transform the car.

Congrats on having a stunning car and Kudos to your attention to detail.
Thanks a lot MKP, glad to know you liked the beautification attempt. I agree with you - the alloy wheels need to be changed. I am not for painting the alloys to black, so the only options for me are to look for a alloy wheel black vinyl which can be pasted on the alloys, or else I need to look for aftermarket alloys. But 98 PCD is a cursed size in the aftermarket arena. Looks like I will have a tough time attending to this feature next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
karthikk,

I noticed your vehicle today morning at 10:30 PM on the way to Agara junction, you car was gleaming , how does your car hold up in slow moving heavy traffic?

I dread the idea of driving a car to office, saps my energy badly. My baleno used to give me backache after driving in heavy traffic. Looking to buy an automatic car this month.

I was driving a TN Reg TVS Wego if you happened to notice me.

Vinod
Mr_Bean, you got me today morning, but I missed noticing you. You should have waved or something, we could have stopped for a quick chat. Where near Agara did you spot me? There was heavy traffic near the IOC pump at HSR due to some trucks, so I was a bit wary of other vehicles, especially cabbies cutting across me. Was your Wego stickered??

Last edited by KarthikK : 25th February 2013 at 14:09.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 15:50   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Do you have any specific ideas in mind? Do share if you have, will be glad to try out.
This was what I meant.

The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-tbhp.jpg

Last edited by thoma : 25th February 2013 at 15:52.
thoma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 16:26   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
KarthikK,

You've done a good thing removing those OEM graphics.
The side profile looks very good now.
the black CF handles also gel well with the overall theme.

Now for the front...
Attachment 1055428

Quote:

++1, Was thinking the same, but I suppose KarthikK just did an experiment. As said my thoma, it looks very sharp at the grill, fog intersection.

Also, the Left fog grill intersection seems cross>
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0551.jpg

No offense, but the CF theme at it's max(IMO). Let's think of getting some other things done?
Eminenttismo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 16:35   #236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This was what I meant.

Attachment 1055554
Quote:
++1, Was thinking the same, but I suppose KarthikK just did an experiment.
Yup, it was more of an experimental thing, so I can modify it after a few months of letting it be (for more paisa vasool of the cf wraps). The picture you gave also is good, but I was feeling that the fog lamps are somewhat isolated and the bumpers are looking too bald. Is it just me who thinks like this? *lol*

Quote:
As said my thoma, it looks very sharp at the grill, fog intersection.

Attachment 1055582
Point noted, we'll see how we can alter / correct this in my next iteration. Thanks to both of you for pointing it out.

By the way, what is cross in the left fog intersection? Sorry I didn't get what that meant. It could be because the photo itself was taken at an angle, my bad in that case. The car was also not on 100% flat surface, so maybe that was the reason for it appearing slightly crooked. I remember having cross checked for straightness and symmetry before leaving the 3M place, but if you find any errors, do point it out so I can get them corrected, I'd be grateful *thumbs up*

Quote:
No offense, but the CF theme at it's max(IMO). Let's think of getting some other things done?
No offense taken at all , feedback is always welcome. I am not doing any more CF wraps anyway. It has reached saturation, and I don't think I am left with any part to apply CF either *lol*. This job last Sunday terminates the CF work totally.

My next target would be the headlamps, taillamps and DRLs, followed by Stanley full leather interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Whoa ! What a stunning looking Punto.

I think all those 1000 kms on the odo must have been done traveling between your place and 3M center.
thanks a lot Ajay!

Quote:
Have you done any mods inside of the car? Whatever I have read or seen, is all on the exterior.
Yup, everything was external until now. The interiors are untouched as of now, but I am planning on Stanley full leather interiors very soon - theme being black seats with red sport stitching, something like the bmw 320d sport interiors. I'll need to pay them a visit, have a look at their brochure and see what sporty seat designs they can offer me. Until then, I need to save up some cash for that and wait. Maybe it will take me 2 months from now *cries*.

Last edited by KarthikK : 25th February 2013 at 16:45.
Old 25th February 2013, 17:04   #237
BHPian

Quote:
++1, Was thinking the same, but I suppose KarthikK just did an experiment. As said my thoma, it looks very sharp at the grill, fog intersection.

Attachment 1055582

Point taken back, again referred to some other pics, it's flawless.

Is the CF wrap a single piece wrapped carefully? Or is it parts(like for fogs section, lower grill surrounding section) cut and pasted neatly. I don't notice it from the pictures just asking, anyway!
Eminenttismo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 17:12   #238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is the CF wrap a single piece wrapped carefully? Or is it parts(like for fogs section, lower grill surrounding section) cut and pasted neatly. I don't notice it from the pictures just asking, anyway!
Oh no, they did the trapezium gap first (the rectangle between the 2 grills). That was one piece. Then they dragged one more long strip from one fog to the centre (below the logo), pasting extra, slightly more than required to allow some margin for errors, and then cut to the desired shape and curve. Same thing was repeated on the opposite side as well. Totally 3 strips for the main area, plus some small bits and pieces here and there. At some points, there are 1-2 layers where the multiple strips overlap. These are carefully merged one on top of the other to avoid any difference in the CF pattern lines/angles.

Last edited by KarthikK : 25th February 2013 at 17:19.
Old 25th February 2013, 17:47   #239
BHPian

Absolutely delicious is what your car is. No other words. I have always hated that chrome door handles. Whoever thinks chrome is sporty huh ? But the irony is the door handles now look they have come off the active model. I thought you might just go ahead and buy 4 red door handles and maintain that smooth flow of red throughout.

cheers!
sai.

PS: Not a believer in the "burre nazar" thing, but your car is definitely getting a lot of "nazars". keep her safe bro!
Old 25th February 2013, 18:59   #240
Senior - BHPian

re: The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Debadged & Rebadged to Abarth

Ah! so now I know where all the 3M CF's went Just kidding. Nice outcome there Karthik.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks