Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2012, 15:52   #16
BHPian

re: The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. EDIT: Abarth vinyls & black roof added

The best "non official" T-BHP review yet. A perfect mix of emotional and objective judgement on your part Karthik. I really loved the way you have made the it very clear on numerous points why you liked/disliked a particular feature and how it will appeal/repel a certain set of buyers. Takes a lot of research and awareness to think from another customers point of view. A well deserved 5 stars!!
dgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 15:55   #17
BHPian

re: The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. EDIT: Abarth vinyls & black roof added

Wooow.. love the last line

"Turbo Diesel for weekdays, Turbo Petrol for weekends. "
vijaycool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 16:22   #18
BHPian

Congrats Dude, this might be just one review that is easily among GTO's class ones, The photos are compiled in such a detailed and nice fashion, and though you claim to not being a fiat fanboy, i think the contrary!
Given you owned the Tjet, anything less would have felt flimsy, think this will be a big problem for current owners when they upgrade. Sad to see poorly aligned plastics still. Looking forward to your tasty mods, i think debadging your hatch is essential.
Drive safe.
aditya116 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 16:44   #19
BHPian

One heck of a review thread I say!!!! Not undermining the effort of Mods that goes into the official reviews or their knowledge, I would like to say that this could well serve as an official review for a Punto 90HP Sport/Punto 90HP(Save for the cosmetic changes)

What I liked:
  • The write up
  • Quality of pictures
  • Attention to detail (As in covering almost every aspect!)
  • Your patience in doing all these
  • Last, but not the least, you giving FIAT a Repeat business! They should have offered a loyalty bonus like others do. Errrr... Wait a minute, have they??

What I did not:
Nothing except for the fact that you're thinking of plonking a RD kit. Well, to each his own

Rating it a well deserved 5 stars!
Thank you for acknowledging many other threads in here.
Driving_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 17:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

HI KarthikK,

Congrats for the beautiful car.May it serve you well.And great review too.
I have a doubt regarding the spoiler , it looks to me like the aftermarket spoiler available on JC road.The OEM spoiler i have seen on many cars looks a bit different http://www.fiat-india.com/fiat-accessories.aspx.

Has the OEM spoiler been changed to a different type for sport model ?
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 18:06   #21
h14
BHPian

Awesome review there Karthikk! Amazing pictures and attention to detail. Rated a well deserved 5 stars.

A worthy companion for your jet. Many congratulations on the Punto and wishing you loads of miles and smiles!

Last edited by h14 : 20th November 2012 at 18:10.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 18:13   #22
BHPian

You turned my boring evening to a fun-filled one, bud. Absolutely, loved your witty narration and some deep review of the red beauty. The only thing you missed is to dismantle the car and put it back

I have never been a fan of Fiat, till I saw your Black beauty and with this I'm floored. You must be made an ambassador of some sought.

Did you even bother taking the car to a temple to perform Pooja or did you drive it straight to the 3M workshop

Congrats again and Wish you miles of happiness. Hope to see your cherry in the next meet.

Cheers

Last edited by aviorp : 20th November 2012 at 18:15.
aviorp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 18:16   #23
BHPian

Fabulous Write-up Karthik. Congratulations. This is indeed one of the best hatchbacks.
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 18:48   #24
BANNED

Loads of pictures covering every view. Great review
sivadeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 19:28   #25
BHPian

Hey KarthiK, congrats for the hot hatch buddy. What a comprehensive review it is. Deserves more than 5 stars.

Any reason why you didn't go for the 'Absolute Edition'. May be it was more than a 'make up' edition right ??

However, a perfect feast for all Fiat Fans like me. Enjoy the drive and please keep updating the thread (which you will anyways do)

Cheers !
Abhi_abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 20:27   #26
Team-BHP Support

Hi!

I don't think initial impressions can get as detailed as this. Need to learn a thing or two on being patient & writing down my thoughts on paper.

Few might agree to disagree, but this is the diesel hatch to buy in India. Period.

And hey, with all those mods, won't it be injustice to pick the T over this on weekends & drive this on weekdays.

Well, would I be super confused? Maybe not. Would have retained the T-Jet & would have got something like KTM 390 for myself.

I know you would keep updating this & I would be looking forward to the updates.

Thanks for penning this comprehensive impressions. Deserves 5 *****

OT: The page got too heavy & the system slowed down somewhat :P
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 22:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

After a hiatus from the forum, I logged in today to see this review! What a review man,brilliant! Your attention to detail is simply fantastic.

Congrats on your car and wish you a enjoyable ownership with your rocket.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 23:24   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Firstly congrats on the red rocket and secondly thanks for sharing such a detailed review. Man you got some patience.

A well deserved 5 star rating for the review. The mods can move the opening posts to the official review section.

Your opening statement sums up what the market thinks about Fiat. Its an uphill task for Fiat to get this eroded.

Quote:
Turbo Diesel for weekdays, Turbo Petrol for weekends
What more can you ask. I want it the other way round. MJD Linea for daily use and Tjet Punto for weekend fun. I know I am dreaming about the Tjet Punto.

PS: I am still waiting to see your Red Rocket after you got it delivered. How long you gonna keep me waiting
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 23:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the 90. Very detailed review, is T-BHP recruiting?

I own a 75HP and a friend + BHPian bought a BNW 90HP Sports recently.

I could feel the punch from the VGT post 120kmph, which is kinda subdued and lazy in the 75. And the FE was also marginally better than the 75. Otherwise, the fit and finish were similar to the 75. And oh, the difference is 17PS between the two and not 18BHP.

One difference you did not highlight, or probably I missed is that the 75HP 2012 models come with a grey fabric trim on the door-pads while the Sports uses the black, as in the pre-2012 models.

And am sorry to say that the spoiler fitted onto your car is not the OEM one. The OEM spoiler has an MRP of 4900INR (without paint) and can be fitted only by drilling the body, unless you shave the screws and holders off, and stick it on with a heavy dose of 3M double-sided tape, like I did.

The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_0656.jpg

The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-photo-121112-3-09-06-pm.jpg

This is a common practice with many dealers. The guy from KHT's accessories division tried to con me with a similar after-market spoiler while I had specifically asked for an OEM one. Politely refused his offer.

Go back to Prerana and demand for the OEM one, if you will.

Enjoy the 90, most FTD diesel hatch out there in this country yet.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 21st November 2012 at 00:09.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 23:58   #30
BHPian

Stupendo-fantabulously-fantastical review Karthik!!!

Loved reading every word of it. Now, I really miss being part of your PDI. I could have felt this beauty even closer (not that this review is no better).

Rating this 5 stars for sure.

Keep this thread alive with your experiences and various drives. Hope to catch you on one of the upcoming Bangalore meets.

Will keep a watch out for TBhp sticker as well.

Cheers and best wishes!!

Srinath
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed