Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2012, 09:03   #76
Team-BHP Support

re: The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. EDIT: Abarth vinyls & black roof added

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I may be mistaken about the sticker, I just remember to be a TBhp sticker. But isn't your car's reg.no 1176? Also as far as I remember probably you were in a green tee and had your shades on. Was that you or am I mistaken? If so then I am sorry.
That was me then . First official spotting of my car in public. Thanks! Next time, lets hope I do the spotting on the office commute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
I read your entire review for the second time. It's so intriguing. The pics are super cool as well. Would really love to see your car in person. Unfortunately I cannot make it to the meet tomorrow but there's always a next time.

Keep it spooling (don't think revving is an apt word for diesels) buddy!!!
I might go to 3M for a basic wash next saturday. Perhaps we can catch up there if you also live somewhere closeby? You can take a test drive on HSR layout's swanky roads too, since you mentioned you are also looking to upgrade from the Getz to the Punto/i20.
Old 25th November 2012, 10:09   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK

I might go to 3M for a basic wash next saturday. Perhaps we can catch up there if you also live somewhere closeby? You can take a test drive on HSR layout's swanky roads too, since you mentioned you are also looking to upgrade from the Getz to the Punto/i20.
Sounds good. I have your number. So I shall text or PM you to confirm about next week. I can also check out the 3M services. Never seen them in action before.

Cheers
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 11:03   #78
BHPian

re: The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. EDIT: Abarth vinyls & black roof added

@Karthikk, who said that you are not good at writing? amazing writeup and fun to read. After so long I am reading some good things about the best handler in the segment.
The car looks stonker and I always wanted to have one in my garage as well.
But if I were you, I would have damned the VFM, bad built quality etc. and gone for the thar, simply bcoz it solves the bad road problem in bangalore. My T-Jet+, no matter how much fun it is to drive, but bangalore roads are NOT AT ALL welcoming.
I am not sure how soft is Punto on the potholes, also how much the GC helps...
But yes, these cars are literal fun to drive if you are an outlier among other drivers (read enthusiast) . .
The other day we had a team party and the only reason I did not drink was bcoz I WANTED to drive and not bcoz I HAD to drive . So driving fiat is a healthy and safe option in all respect. LOL! ..

Have a very safe and happy miles ahead.. A photo shoot can be done again.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 18:27   #79
BHPian

OMG, what a review Karthik, Superb

Detailing you have done and your thoughtful writeup plus excellent pictures is amazing. Haven't seen such details in any of the reviews, official or ownership.

Liked your 3M paint protection coating on OVRMs.

Although chrome exhaust tip is supposed to lend sporty look, but to me it looks more like a bad aftermarket thought.

Many congratulation on your second beauty from Fiat & wish you many-many happy miles.

And yes, Red looks awesomely hot.
Don't know why I chose this color (75hp, Emotion, Feb12).
Attached Thumbnails
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-punto94.jpg  

S.MJet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 18:47   #80
BHPian

Amazing review KarthikK. You have captured the premium hatch back segment in India in outstanding detail. I am going to cite some reasoning from your review to my peers on why I bought the allegedly expensive i20 asta crdi, thanks to you and tbhp. One of the major reasons on me not buying the punto sport was the interior fit and finish. I need your views on interiors of i20 diesel vis a vis the linea t-jet. I know they are not in the same segment but cant really compare i20 with the punto as you rightly pointed out in your review. Thanks and kudos once again on the well written review of your punto sport buying experience.
wordsworth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 20:22   #81
BHPian

KarthikK, your review is comprehensiveness, redefined. It is a testament to the kind of emotions only a Fiat can evoke .

To top it off, it's in a red Italian flavor. Too. Much. Droolworthy!!

My Punto, albeit the 75bhp sibling, seems from a different world in comparison to this red stunner. But once inside, it's all the same: I could understand why the whole world seems apart when driving it and for you to ditch the other contenders.

Thanks for your inputs on the Sport version, one does feel proud with each new review for Punto. And makes one think: what do other people see that makes them completely ignore the best drivers' car out there (<12 lacs)?

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts: majority of the people buying cars in India have driving dynamics/safety as the last thing on their mind. I guess service will always be a paramount factor for most.
PremjitS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 22:47   #82
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant !! Absolutely brilliant review!! Congrats and thanks for putting up such a detailed review. A true FIAT enthusiast's review and now you own two of the best cars available in India ! Seeing the pictures @ the 3M car care, I have a query. How do they put on the protective sheet on the mirror? Do they pull it hard till it stretches on the mirror outer surface? And why is it wet, do they wet the sheet before applying it on the mirror?

The only thing which sticks out like a sore thumb is the exhaust tip. Get rid of it asap.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 03:53   #83
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant review Karthik. It is by far one of the best reviews I have ever read in Team-BHP. And yes, Congratulations on owning another Fiat. I don't know anyone else who own both Linea and Punto.

Congrats again.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 14:44   #84
BHPian

Somehow missed your thread until know but boy, did I miss something or what?! Wow Karthik! This is right up there in the hallowed list of one of the best unofficial reviews on T-BHP. Brilliantly compiled and thoroughly entertaining.

Someone also mentioned that your piece resides perilously close to GTO's class of writing and detailing. That in itself is mighty huh. Need I even say more??

Congrats on your own "prancing horse" and wish you many many more months of mile crunching with her.
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 16:35   #85
BHPian

Karthik, this is probably the best piece on Fiat Punto sport. Fiat should surely acknowledge your effort for this fantastic review! Keep it up!

Red colour looks damn good, slightly *LOL* better than my Palio sports!
kkstile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 18:42   #86
RGK
Senior - BHPian

One of the greatest initial ownership reviews. This review would have created great interest even for people who do not like Fiat in the first place.

Great and detailed presentation.

Happy and Safe motoring.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 18:49   #87
BHPian

Excellent thread. This is how Fiat should've explained their products to customers rather than single page brochures that throw the jargon but don't explain it. Highly recommended thread for people looking for a Punto as a prospect.
NutsNBolts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 23:53   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
in that case my bashing holds good, considering its mentioned as a compartment in the owner's manual.
One of my Non-TBHPian friend saw our discussion and told me one good use that he has put this oddment compartment in his punto.

I took his suggestion and I must say it was a good one.
I put my wallet in there during the weekend and drove over some rough roads.
it didn't move an inch but at the same time it was not difficult to take it out.
I was able to access my wallet faster when I needed to pay a toll

Here is the photo I took

The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-dsc_1230.jpg

So can we rename this oddment compartment as wallet holder?
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 00:14   #89
BHPian

Amazing review KarthikK, it seems that the non-official reviews are now at par with the official ones. Excellent work !!

The Punto is an amazing car, drop dead gorgeous looks, amazing handling, great presence and it is a car that connects directly to your heart and soul. This might be a very weird image for many but for me it is like the Safari of the SUV segment. Something that you know has its own share of problems and yet you take the dive for it .

Although I have not driven the 90Hp version, the 75Hp version was good as well. My BIL had one and when his elder brother was in the market for a new hatchback, nothing could beat the Punto and hence he bought one as well !

One again congratulation's and can we have a pic of the T-jet and the V-jet(Please don't mind the silly acronym and hope you get the connection with the VGT) together ??

Last edited by Enigmatic : 27th November 2012 at 00:15.
Enigmatic is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 00:44   #90
Senior - BHPian

firsty Hearty congratulations on buying the baby you love so MUCH! this is an invigorating thread from/for a fellow fiat-an.

let me tell you the reason, why i bought this baby too, here it is...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ml#post2690484

back then the name of the thread used to be the ultimate hatchback in India or something similar i dont remember the correct name now, it was so back when i posted my take.

P.S. look at the dates when i last posted on this thread on the same page and the next post there is a whopping 3months difference, and the next person who posted after my last post doesnt simply seem to have read the previous discussion in my honest opinion.

well not exactly!

i used to have an Accent Viva Crdi, and boy o boy what a car it was, thats the only car i have driven till date, with which i can drive on a line drawn on road, by even chimps (meaning zig zag and which ever way) and still keep pace and ControL. the only other car below 10 lacs that came close this this baby!

if one wants to check out for yourself, try and find a low run accent crdi (2005-2007 made) and see for yourself. it has been long since i was missing that chemistry i had with my gal, this car was the only replacement that came close!

believe me i had 195/60R15 mxv8 tires installed and it still dint complain! and i even hit 196kmph with those over sized tyres!

i did finally manage to find one close to but, definitely not as good a car in terms of dynamics of STEERING Wheel Precision!

i wanted to experience the same with this one so i went a head and set the budget to make this car every bit closer to the steering precision of accent viva crdi and my journey has just begun here is what did for starters, and for more you would have to wait for my owner ship experience reports!

happy milecrunching mate!
Attached Thumbnails
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-16-inch.jpg  

rider60 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks