Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2012, 11:20   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. EDIT: Abarth vinyls & black roof added

How much did you end up paying for 16 inch alloys. I guess 12500*5 = 62500 + 45000 (9000 per tyre) minus the amount recovered by selling the OEM wheels and tyres

But whatever the amount is, the alloys simply looks good.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 13:10   #92
BHPian

re: The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. EDIT: Abarth vinyls & black roof added

Hot damn! This is by far one of the best reviews on the internet of the FP90. I had to take two water breaks to wade through it and boy was it worth it. By virtue of the pains taken, you are perfectly within your rights to flay anyone/thing that blemishes that gorgeous body. Is your wife/girlfriend jealous yet?

And also, that is a SPECTACULAR machine. It shouldn't really come in any other colour.
Nitronium is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 13:56   #93
BHPian

Awesome write up and a great review. The 16 inch wheels look great and now its looking like european version of punto.
Man you have the best engine options available on both your jets.
I too own both linea mjd and punto 75 hp and i am totally satisfied by my decision to go for both fiats.
Arkesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 15:46   #94
BHPian

Karthik - what do I say. No words to express the wonderfully detailed review that you have posted. Your one, the one on the Xylo and another one on the Duster - really happy to see such quality reviews.

Well, congratulations on the punto sport. IMHO it looks best without those body graphics (decals). I just love those aluminium pedals - wish I could get them in my car. Also, I wish if fiat can give different set of alloys as well on the sports edition. Punto is an underrated car, one of the best diesel hatch options for an enthusiast. And you now own two of the best drivers' car this side of 10 L. Wishing you many years of happiness with your FIAT stable.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 17:08   #95
BHPian

Karthik - absolutely wonderful review mate. Your passion for cars comes across in every line and this has be amongst the best reviews on TBHP. Very spirited like your car !
rganeshiyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 23:14   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
@Karthikk, who said that you are not good at writing? amazing writeup and fun to read. After so long I am reading some good things about the best handler in the segment.
The car looks stonker and I always wanted to have one in my garage as well.
Thanks speed Pujari. Amazing fun it is to drive this pocket rocket. Second only to the T-Jet in terms of drive experience.

Quote:
But if I were you, I would have damned the VFM, bad built quality etc. and gone for the thar, simply bcoz it solves the bad road problem in bangalore. My T-Jet+, no matter how much fun it is to drive, but bangalore roads are NOT AT ALL welcoming.
Thar sounds good, but then that thing is not very suited for city commuting. It has absolutely no creature comforts. Best suited for weekend jaunts and offroading escapades, eh?

Quote:
I am not sure how soft is Punto on the potholes, also how much the GC helps...
It absorbs potholes well. The crossover-like GC of 185mm really miles ahead of the T-Jet in this department. You can take deep potholes without worrying much about bottoming out. Even if you do bottom out, there is that engine guard plate.

Quote:
But yes, these cars are literal fun to drive if you are an outlier among other drivers (read enthusiast) . .
The other day we had a team party and the only reason I did not drink was bcoz I WANTED to drive and not bcoz I HAD to drive . So driving fiat is a healthy and safe option in all respect. LOL! ..

Quote:
Have a very safe and happy miles ahead.. A photo shoot can be done again.
Thanks again! You have some seriously amazing photography skills from what I'd seen earlier. I'm going to need your help for some photoshoots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
OMG, what a review Karthik, Superb

Detailing you have done and your thoughtful writeup plus excellent pictures is amazing. Haven't seen such details in any of the reviews, official or ownership.
Thanks S.MJet! Your review thread of the Punto helped me in this purchase too, so thanks for your thread also!

Quote:
Although chrome exhaust tip is supposed to lend sporty look, but to me it looks more like a bad aftermarket thought.
True. I don't like it either. I might switch to the double barrel exhaust which is given on Europe spec Puntos. It is available as a genuine accessory on some website.

Quote:
Many congratulation on your second beauty from Fiat & wish you many-many happy miles.

And yes, Red looks awesomely hot.
Don't know why I chose this color (75hp, Emotion, Feb12).
Silver has its own charm man. Trust me, if T-Jet came in silver, I might have gone for silver or medium grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsworth View Post
Amazing review KarthikK. You have captured the premium hatch back segment in India in outstanding detail. I am going to cite some reasoning from your review to my peers on why I bought the allegedly expensive i20 asta crdi, thanks to you and tbhp. One of the major reasons on me not buying the punto sport was the interior fit and finish.
Thanks a lot wordsworth! The i20 is a real good VFM car. Sadly the perception in India is a hatchback doesn't deserve more than say 5 or 6 lacs. i20 Asta with its feature kit and interiors can put even some sedans to shame. Good choice, and at the end of the day it all boils down to what matches our specific requirements, rather than some reviewer's perceptions and expectations, isn't it?

That said, yes the Punto Sport needs a lot of work on the fit and finish. The interiors are nice, but that grey color plastic has to go and make way for a better looking all-black dash theme, or at least be fitted properly first! The way it is now, it looks like a schoolchild's work of a jigsaw puzzle!

Quote:
I need your views on interiors of i20 diesel vis a vis the linea t-jet. I know they are not in the same segment but cant really compare i20 with the punto as you rightly pointed out in your review.
I thought you meant comparison with Linea? This time I would favour the Linea T-Jet for the interiors if I do a head to head comparo with i20. The black and beige dash seems a lot more premium, italian perforated leather upholstery comes standard and it does make you feel like you have paid a ton of cash for it when you sit inside. The keyhole assembly is a bit badly put together, but that's the only sore point I can spot. The overall fit and finish, full leather seats of the T-Jet and the interior cabin feels quite expensive. In most areas T-Jet is better than the rest of the competition in the 10+ lac C-segment sedan space (read as SX4, City and Vento).

To answer your question directly, yes the Linea T-Jet wins hands down if you compare it with an i20, but again this is an unfair comparo (11L car with 8L car) so don't place too much emphasis on it. If the i20 is pitted against the Punto (its rightful competition), it wins hands down in the interiors and features department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremjitS View Post
KarthikK, your review is comprehensiveness, redefined. It is a testament to the kind of emotions only a Fiat can evoke .

To top it off, it's in a red Italian flavor. Too. Much. Droolworthy!!

My Punto, albeit the 75bhp sibling, seems from a different world in comparison to this red stunner. But once inside, it's all the same: I could understand why the whole world seems apart when driving it and for you to ditch the other contenders.
Couldn't agree with you more PremijtS! Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Thanks for your inputs on the Sport version, one does feel proud with each new review for Punto. And makes one think: what do other people see that makes them completely ignore the best drivers' car out there (<12 lacs)?

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts: majority of the people buying cars in India have driving dynamics/safety as the last thing on their mind. I guess service will always be a paramount factor for most.
True. I guess it will take a lot of years for people to start thinking of driver's cars as daily drive cars. Most people are risk-averse and if point A to point B transportation is what they are looking for, they will steer clear of any cars which the society perceives to be troublesome (with servicing I mean), even if they don't have first-hand experience of it. Lets hope this changes for European driver's cars in the years to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Brilliant !! Absolutely brilliant review!! Congrats and thanks for putting up such a detailed review. A true FIAT enthusiast's review and now you own two of the best cars available in India ! Seeing the pictures @ the 3M car care, I have a query. How do they put on the protective sheet on the mirror? Do they pull it hard till it stretches on the mirror outer surface? And why is it wet, do they wet the sheet before applying it on the mirror?

The only thing which sticks out like a sore thumb is the exhaust tip. Get rid of it asap.
Thanks W.A.G.7 for your wishes!
The protective sheet (Paint protection film is the right name actually) is applied in pretty much the same way that a sunfilm is applied, which is why you see it is wet in those pictures. The shampoo like solution is sprayed and the sheet is spread across the surface. They then remove the air bubbles and allow the adhesive to dry up. Mirrors are quite hard to do since they have a high degree of curvature. The most common and easy parts that people do up are bumpers, bonnet and doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Brilliant review Karthik. It is by far one of the best reviews I have ever read in Team-BHP. And yes, Congratulations on owning another Fiat. I don't know anyone else who own both Linea and Punto.

Congrats again.
Thanks a lot for your wishes rameshnanda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Somehow missed your thread until know but boy, did I miss something or what?! Wow Karthik! This is right up there in the hallowed list of one of the best unofficial reviews on T-BHP. Brilliantly compiled and thoroughly entertaining.

Someone also mentioned that your piece resides perilously close to GTO's class of writing and detailing. That in itself is mighty huh. Need I even say more??

Congrats on your own "prancing horse" and wish you many many more months of mile crunching with her.
Thanks a lot Omtoatom, really elated to hear the compliments. Glad to know you enjoyed reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
One of the greatest initial ownership reviews. This review would have created great interest even for people who do not like Fiat in the first place.

Great and detailed presentation.

Happy and Safe motoring.
Thanks a lot RGK! I'd be happy if it helped prospective owners in any manner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Excellent thread. This is how Fiat should've explained their products to customers rather than single page brochures that throw the jargon but don't explain it. Highly recommended thread for people looking for a Punto as a prospect.
Thanks a lot NutsNBolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
One of my Non-TBHPian friend saw our discussion and told me one good use that he has put this oddment compartment in his punto.

I took his suggestion and I must say it was a good one.
I put my wallet in there during the weekend and drove over some rough roads.
it didn't move an inch but at the same time it was not difficult to take it out.
I was able to access my wallet faster when I needed to pay a toll

Here is the photo I took

Attachment 1018964

So can we rename this oddment compartment as wallet holder?
Perfecto! So the next Punto brochure can now increase the item list by 1 more by adding "wallet holder" in addition to the other storage spaces. Knowing these car companies here, they might list it as a 'feature' also *lol*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Amazing review KarthikK, it seems that the non-official reviews are now at par with the official ones. Excellent work !!

The Punto is an amazing car, drop dead gorgeous looks, amazing handling, great presence and it is a car that connects directly to your heart and soul. This might be a very weird image for many but for me it is like the Safari of the SUV segment. Something that you know has its own share of problems and yet you take the dive for it .
Thanks Enigmatic. Glad to know you enjoyed going through it.
I wouldn't agree with the Safari thing though, since this is the same ultra-reliable national diesel engine doing duty in most of the Japanese diesels in the country. Hehe. The 'problems' are also largely blown out of proportion on most forums, mostly caused by incapable service centres / staff goofing up something. Fortunately Bangalore is blessed with a good dealer and service network.
Quote:
Although I have not driven the 90Hp version, the 75Hp version was good as well. My BIL had one and when his elder brother was in the market for a new hatchback, nothing could beat the Punto and hence he bought one as well !
So very true here. As a driver's car it is unbeatable and would be the pick of today without much competition. I would still have liked a Polo GTD with the Vento's 105bhp engine *lol*.

Quote:
One again congratulation's and can we have a pic of the T-jet and the V-jet(Please don't mind the silly acronym and hope you get the connection with the VGT) together ??
I'll try to get a shot of them together. The problem is I am the only guy who drives both the cars, and getting them both out together means I have to catch hold of a friend for this. I'll try going to some nice photoshoot location and get some pictures to upload here in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
firsty Hearty congratulations on buying the baby you love so MUCH! this is an invigorating thread from/for a fellow fiat-an.

let me tell you the reason, why i bought this baby too, here it is...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ml#post2690484

back then the name of the thread used to be the ultimate hatchback in India or something similar i dont remember the correct name now, it was so back when i posted my take.
Very informative post, and echoes my thoughts during my comparo shootout during purchase time.

Quote:
i used to have an Accent Viva Crdi, and boy o boy what a car it was, thats the only car i have driven till date, with which i can drive on a line drawn on road, by even chimps (meaning zig zag and which ever way) and still keep pace and ControL. the only other car below 10 lacs that came close this this baby!
I had an Accent too prior to the T-Jet. It was a relic 2004 1.6 GLS. The steering feedback was pretty good in that, since it was a hydraulic setup. The handling though, was way off mark and I had to live with it until I could afford something better (which ended up being the T-Jet). Not sure how good a handler the Viva version was, since I have never driven it. Was it a souped up suspension?

Quote:
believe me i had 195/60R15 mxv8 tires installed and it still dint complain! and i even hit 196kmph with those over sized tyres!

i did finally manage to find one close to but, definitely not as good a car in terms of dynamics of STEERING Wheel Precision!
Try test driving the T-Jet or Fiesta 1.6S. Both of these are better in every manner. In fact, I expect even the Punto to trump the Accent in steering feel. Surprised to know you feel otherwise.

Quote:
i wanted to experience the same with this one so i went a head and set the budget to make this car every bit closer to the steering precision of accent viva crdi and my journey has just begun here is what did for starters, and for more you would have to wait for my owner ship experience reports!

happy milecrunching mate!
Congratulations to a fellow Punto 90hp owner mate! Please do bring out your ownership review. Will be eagerly awaiting it. Suddenly I thought for a minute that I was hallucinating when I saw the turbine blade alloys on a Punto! It is nice to see the Punto with the 16" T-Jet alloys man! I am still having that awkward feeling because I am so used to seeing these on my T-Jet. Do I recall correctly, if I say I saw one of your ads on team-bhp classifieds where you wanted to sell away your brand new Punto alloys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
Hot damn! This is by far one of the best reviews on the internet of the FP90. I had to take two water breaks to wade through it and boy was it worth it. By virtue of the pains taken, you are perfectly within your rights to flay anyone/thing that blemishes that gorgeous body.
Thanks a ton Nitronium! Glad to know you enjoyed reading it!
Quote:
Is your wife/girlfriend jealous yet?
Fortunately, currently single and unmarried *lol*. Or else I doubt the worse half would have allowed me to splurge on another enthusiast car
Quote:
And also, that is a SPECTACULAR machine. It shouldn't really come in any other colour.
The legions of white Punto fans won't be happy with this statement. Hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
Awesome write up and a great review. The 16 inch wheels look great and now its looking like european version of punto.
Man you have the best engine options available on both your jets.
I too own both linea mjd and punto 75 hp and i am totally satisfied by my decision to go for both fiats.
Thanks a lot Arkesh! Happy mile crunching with your Linea and Punto. Glad to know you have the same combination too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Karthik - what do I say. No words to express the wonderfully detailed review that you have posted. Your one, the one on the Xylo and another one on the Duster - really happy to see such quality reviews.
Thanks a lot Shreyas! Nice to know you enjoyed reading it. I've read the other 2 reviews and they are both very intriguing, detailed and superbly written. Hopefully these 3 long reviews were able to help people pass time in between office tasks? *smiles*

Quote:
Well, congratulations on the punto sport. IMHO it looks best without those body graphics (decals). I just love those aluminium pedals - wish I could get them in my car. Also, I wish if fiat can give different set of alloys as well on the sports edition. Punto is an underrated car, one of the best diesel hatch options for an enthusiast. And you now own two of the best drivers' car this side of 10 L. Wishing you many years of happiness with your FIAT stable.
I echo your thoughts completely on the different alloy wheel pattern they could have plonked on the sport variant. You can get the pedals as Fiat OE accessories for 11k a set. Shouldn't be a mean task. Why not give it a try at your nearest Fiat dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rganeshiyer View Post
Karthik - absolutely wonderful review mate. Your passion for cars comes across in every line and this has be amongst the best reviews on TBHP. Very spirited like your car !
Thanks a lot ganesh! Glad to know you enjoyed reading the review. I hope we're getting to see the T-Jet soon, perhaps sometime in the 3M detailing shop as planned *winks*

Last edited by KarthikK : 27th November 2012 at 23:23.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 09:22   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Hopefully these 3 long reviews were able to help people pass time in between office tasks? *smiles*
Or shall we say, these did not allow one to do any office tasks till the time one read through these.

Quote:
You can get the pedals as Fiat OE accessories for 11k a set. Shouldn't be a mean task. Why not give it a try at your nearest Fiat dealer?
I think my post was confusing. In fact, I will have to visit a Skoda showroom to get these, though when I checked them initially, they were more than 10k (don't remember the exact price) but will check about them again because I just love these.

Well what about accessorizing your rides - door sill plates, fiat branded tyre valves and such small things? You have already mentioned the big upgrades that you have planned but I think such small things to pimp you ride really makes the whole experience wonderful.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 10:23   #98
BHPian

Quote:
In summary, the differences are not very perceptible and both are very, very similar. You can only tell the difference if you drive a Punto and then drive a Linea immediately after that. The difference is there, but its very subtle and not considerable. At least not considerable enough to make you look up and take notice. If I give an overall rating of 10/10 for a Linea, Punto will end up getting a 9/10 on my scale.
Karthik, Thanks for your insight from a owner's perspective. My next upgrade is most likely going to be a Linea and hence I was tempted to know how different it is going to be. Thanks once again and have a blast with your twins over the next few years
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 11:42   #99
BHPian

Dear Karthik,

An amazing review indeed. Congratulations on adding another Fiat to your stable and wish you many many years of spirited and safe driving in both the rockets. You really make great contribution to the forum.

My T-Jet+ has completed 2 months and I have driven her just 900 km! The reason being the use of official car for daily commute. Really it's been a great experience whatever little I have driven the T-Jet. The ride, handling of the T-Jet is great and the features list is good. However I need your advice on two issues that I have noticed.

One is that if you are not in turbo zone(<2000rpm) and you need immediate acceleration to overtake, you need to downshift as the response is sluggish and rpm doesn't build up and reach turbo zone quick enough or at desired rate. Second issue is that I find the A pillars too thick and there is a blind spot especilly when you turn right. Would appreciate advice on these two issues as you have extensive experience on the T-Jet..
skm1967 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 13:08   #100
Team-BHP Support

A coincidence: post #100 for this thread in exactly 10 days of going live, and this is for the ownership update at 1000 kms! All 1s and 0s. Thanks once again to all the BHPians for the overwhelming response on my review thread, and for taking the time to read through it. Glad to know you guys enjoyed reading it.

1000 km update:

It has hardly been a month since delivery. I brought the car home on 31st October, and with just ~15 days of office commute this month (I was on leave during festival season), the odometer has still managed to hit 1000km in less than a month.

I don't have much to update here, except for a few observations over these 1000kms of ownership :

- no scratches after 1000km in horrible traffic jams, for which I need to thank my stars . I am taking longer to commute than earlier, since I am more careful and patient about how close other road users are to my car. If they try to squeeze into my lane to try and save 2 minutes of their 'oh so precious' time, I left them do that. For 2 wheelers and cabbies who try to squeeze into gaps between cars, I've blasted and quarreled with them for not riding /driving properly. I've also tried to avoid sudden braking wherever possible, for fear of tailgaters crashing into me. Result = car remains blemish-free amidst maniacs. Let us see how long before my luck runs out.

- Engine refinement has increased and it feels almost like a petrol engine now already. It also feels a little more rev-happy than earlier. I can only imagine how much more silent it can become after 5000 kms and post the first engine oil change.

- The Apollo tyres have started to produce more tyre noise as they have slowly settled into the job. I will be swapping to Michelin Primacy LCs in a week or two from now, so this problem should be taken care of soon.

- The brakes seem to have developed more bite and braking confidence has increased to higher levels.

Niggles : only 1 minor thing as of now

- the front driver's side power window, when it winds up, produces a faint click somewhere in between, audible if the music is low on volume. I suppose some dust has got into the winding motor or something of that sort, since that 'click' comes at only 1 particular position. Since it is not affecting the power window operations in any manner, I will suspend it for now and get it looked at during the first service (at 5000km)

Irritating Observations :

- the rear windshield accumulates a lot of dust, for some reason. I guess this has to do with the design of the rear windshield, or maybe I am whining because I was used to the Linea all these days?? On hindsight, it could even be the Spoiler which is preventing air flow (which is supposed to blow away dust in normal cases). Other Punto owners could chip in here with their 2 cents, please?

Overall ownership rating in the past month : 9/10.

Next update : at 2000 kms, or on the day I get the tyres upgraded, or the day I get DRLs fitted, whichever is earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skm1967 View Post
Dear Karthik,

An amazing review indeed. Congratulations on adding another Fiat to your stable and wish you many many years of spirited and safe driving in both the rockets. You really make great contribution to the forum.
Thanks a lot for the wishes skm1967. Glad to know you enjoyed reading it.

Quote:
However I need your advice on two issues that I have noticed.
We'll continue the T-Jet query on my T-Jet ownership review thread, if you don't mind?

Last edited by KarthikK : 28th November 2012 at 13:28.
Old 28th November 2012, 13:30   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
- the rear windshield accumulates a lot of dust, for some reason. I guess this has to do with the design of the rear windshield, or maybe I am whining because I was used to the Linea all these days?? On hindsight, it could even be the Spoiler which is preventing air flow (which is supposed to blow away dust in normal cases). Other Punto owners could chip in here with their 2 cents, please?
Which is the norm with all hatchbacks/ SUVs - ever noticed sedans with rear windscreen washers/ wipers (Except for maybe Skoda Octavia notchback)?

Spoiler or not, the airflow leaving the rear of a hatch/SUV has so much turbulence that it picks up a lot of dust. Sedans on the other hand ensure a much smoother flow of air at the rear.

EDIT:
(Pic source)
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-182594f2e8202a4ad8b07434a06598dc.jpg

The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-b4783f82b399b9679c74c217d189f2fa.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th November 2012 at 13:33.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 13:40   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Which is the norm with all hatchbacks/ SUVs - ever noticed sedans with rear windscreen washers/ wipers (Except for maybe Skoda Octavia notchback)?
True, this I agree with. I wasn't noticing this much dust with the Swift earlier, hence the rather noobish doubt . I was guessing my shelter-like spoiler shape is compounding the dust accumulation problem

Quote:
Spoiler or not, the airflow leaving the rear of a hatch/SUV has so much turbulence that it picks up a lot of dust. Sedans on the other hand ensure a much smoother flow of air at the rear.
Very informative pictures of the aerodynamic aspects. Thanks a lot CrAzY dRiVeR, really appreciate the time taken to post these for me.
Old 28th November 2012, 13:56   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

I should say that this is one of the best car reviews that I have ever come across here. Rated ***** .Giving a serious competition to the mods uh?
BTW, dust accumulating on the rear glass is quite common for hatchbacks as CD just described. I too face the same problem on my Swift.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 14:27   #104
BHPian

Nice review.
Pics are good too, impressive.

Wishing you many happy miles ahead Karthik.

Ques : Where did you get your High Security Number plates from? And how much did it cost?

Keep revving!
acroback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 14:40   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
I think my post was confusing. In fact, I will have to visit a Skoda showroom to get these, though when I checked them initially, they were more than 10k (don't remember the exact price) but will check about them again because I just love these.
Oh sorry. I thought you wanted this specific design of the foot pedals particularly, hence the suggestion. Could you post a picture of how the Skoda genuine accessory version of this pedal set looks like? Just curious to see.

Quote:
Well what about accessorizing your rides - door sill plates, fiat branded tyre valves and such small things? You have already mentioned the big upgrades that you have planned but I think such small things to pimp you ride really makes the whole experience wonderful.
Door sils have come standard on the sport. The Tyre valves I can get, but vandals in metropolitan cities will flick it sooner or later, hehe . I plan to visually soup up the car in a couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I should say that this is one of the best car reviews that I have ever come across here. Rated ***** .Giving a serious competition to the mods uh?
BTW, dust accumulating on the rear glass is quite common for hatchbacks as CD just described. I too face the same problem on my Swift.
Thanks a lot naveen.raju. Competition? What competition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Nice review.
Pics are good too, impressive.

Wishing you many happy miles ahead Karthik.

Ques : Where did you get your High Security Number plates from? And how much did it cost?

Keep revving!
Thanks a lot acroback, for the wishes!
The IND (HSRP) number plates were given by my dealer Prerana motors. I believe it costs 800 or 900 bucks if bought separately. For me, the HSRP plates were included in my freebies' package, so I didn't pay anything for it. It was ready and fitted on D-day for me.

If you are planning on a new car purchase, I suggest you get these plates fitted from your dealer prior to delivery. To get these done outside separately, I believe one has to supply photocopies of the RC book, tax paid challan, etc.

P.S - I don't think they are true HSRP plates yet. As far as I know, the govt. has still not started or even identified tenders on what type of scanners are going to be used for reading from these plates. They are dummy HSRP wherever you buy from right now, but they are RTO-approved, look good and provide good readability.

EDIT : I saw your post on the other HSRP thread. Since your dealer is asking for 1400 for these plates, try bargaining with them to give it as a freebie. I'm sure they'll agree. Either that, or else at least ask them to bring the rates down to the market value of 800-900 bucks. For a 12L car, this is a miniscule freebie they can provide out of goodwill, if not anything else.

Last edited by GTO : 17th December 2012 at 18:41. Reason: Quoted post deleted
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks