Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2013, 19:24   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda2k View Post
Hi guys.... Keenly waiting for this promising car from the Honda stables. Any latest market whispers lately about its pricing ? Hope that Honda guys give this some serious thought... if they try to launch it with their usual " It's a Honda, it deserves a premium" mindset like the earlier Jazz, its gonna blow up in their faces ! Cheers !
Fully agree. With Diesel price about to increase, Honda can't afford to go wrong with this. If they do, @GTO, v can continue Honda obituary in the Honda inn INDIA : Way Forward thread.
Old 24th January 2013, 19:54   #287
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Any idea when this would be out? every site or magazine has it as "middle of the year" , safe to think it'll be september - october till it reaches the customers?
Old 24th January 2013, 23:51   #288
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
[
Revv up though and there's no escaping the diesel clatter. The clutch is very light and extremely "un-diesel" like. The Amaze moves swiftly from a standstill with no throttle input at all. A gentle release of the clutch is enough. There's hardly any turbo lag, with the Amaze pulling easily from as low as 1,200 rpm. Post 1,500 rpm is when the engine is in its element and performance becomes stronger. Driveability is simply fantastic and the 1.5L diesel will be amazing to drive in urban traffic conditions. You'll seldom need to downshift, unlike the several other models running 1.3L MJD engines. The Amaze has very linear power delivery with no kick from the turbo (like the old Swift). This car can comfortably potter around town in 3rd gear @ 20 kph without undue vibrations or lugging.
Viddy,

So looks like this performance is congruent to Duster 85. Surely power/weight should be better for the Sedan and hence should give a quicker response.
Any statements on the highway performance? I refer to it as statement, because I understand, you were not allowed to go on to the open road.

How is sound insulation?
Old 25th January 2013, 00:14   #289
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Viddy,

So looks like this performance is congruent to Duster 85. Surely power/weight should be better for the Sedan and hence should give a quicker response.
Any statements on the highway performance? I refer to it as statement, because I understand, you were not allowed to go on to the open road.

How is sound insulation?
Performance will probably be on par with Duster 85PS if not better. I would say along with the Sunny.

Highway I can't say for sure but around the track it it felt soft with perceptible body roll. Won't match the Duster.

Handling and ride will be like all Honda's. Above average but not exemplary.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2013, 12:36   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Nishath View Post
Any idea when this would be out? every site or magazine has it as "middle of the year" , safe to think it'll be september - october till it reaches the customers?
Honda is sending out some marketing invites to some people whom thet think are their potential customers. Like I have owned all the generations of City and a Brio. So they sent me one. They say its due for April launch. So you could bet on that mate
rohit_dce is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2013, 22:54   #291
Senior - BHPian

Just read through this thread now.

1) Great write-up Vid6639!

2) I think the Amaze will be that ever important lifeline for Honda India. Entry level, compact sedans do well in India and the premium that brand Honda brings with it will ensure the Amaze does good numbers. Add a diesel to the recipe and you're looking at Honda India's second innings.

3) The Amaze looks a lot like the 'dolphin' shaped Honda City's spiritual successor. Much more so than the edgy, sharp City on sale today. The 'softness' that the Amaze seems to wade in might be just what the market wants. A comfortable, no-nonsense, sedan. (I think the Sunny is going to be in for trouble here.)

4) The diesel appears to be refined. And linear. I can't stress enough how much a new, relatively inexperienced driver will appreciate this linearity. Again, points scored with the target audience.

Good stuff Honda.

Last edited by anekho : 27th January 2013 at 22:56.
Old 28th January 2013, 13:22   #292
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to the Sales Manager in Sundaram Honda today. He claims the Amaze P will be launched in March end and Diesel in April end . There is some meeting happening in Hyderabad on Feb 4th , 5th. Pricing he said will surely have premium over Dzire.

We will have to wait and see on pricing front , but i would prefer if they try pricing aleast at par with Dzire as the Brio is priced below Swift.
Old 29th January 2013, 16:08   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Spoke to the Sales Manager in Sundaram Honda today. He claims the Amaze P will be launched in March end and Diesel in April end . There is some meeting happening in Hyderabad on Feb 4th , 5th. Pricing he said will surely have premium over Dzire.

We will have to wait and see on pricing front , but i would prefer if they try pricing aleast at par with Dzire as the Brio is priced below Swift.

Sales managers just say anything :P I have a thought that I would like to share. Tell me what d you think about it. Let's have a look at current CSs on offer and their hatchback versions. They have a price difference of some 70k if we see the case of Swift. I am not sure about Indigo but i think even that is the same case. So dont you thnk it would be priced less than Dzire, seeing than Brio is offered at a price lesser than Swift.
Old 30th January 2013, 10:29   #294
BHPian

Looks like Honda have caught the attention of everyone who is looking to buy a car in 7-8 lakhs range. I heard at least 6-7 people at my office talking about delaying their purchase to wait for Amaze. Now, Honda have to get the pricing right.
Anything priced more and they are stepping into Rapid/Vento territory. Once the interest settles down, people may prefer to get a full sized sedan vs a sub 4m sedan.
Maverift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 11:33   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_dce View Post
... So dont you thnk it would be priced less than Dzire, seeing than Brio is offered at a price lesser than Swift.
This was a discussion we had sometime back. When I pointed the same, a lot others feel that since Amaze D comes with a 1.5L supposedly more powerful engine (100 bhp estimated), more roomy and probably will be more fuel efficient, there could be a premium over Dzire.

But someone with insider contacts said, Honda wants to price Amaze at par with Dzire.
Old 31st January 2013, 19:55   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Amaze reaches ARAI!

Honda Brio Amaze has landed in India. Petrol and diesel avatars are sent to ARAI’s testing facility in Pune for the homologation process

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/01/h...#ixzz2JYyobZpD
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 20:52   #297
BHPian

Expect the bookings to start soon :-)

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-image2868451134.jpg
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 20:59   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Amaze reaches ARAI!

Honda Brio Amaze has landed in India. Petrol and diesel avatars are sent to ARAI’s testing facility in Pune for the homologation process..
Waiting for the numbers from ARAI - might send some shivers down the spine of the segment leader!
Old 31st January 2013, 21:52   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Waiting for the numbers from ARAI - might send some shivers down the spine of the segment leader!

Awesome! I expect the petrol to give atleast 16-18..or else it will break my heart :P It should not be much of an issue to see the spyshots since its reached our shores. Another point I would like to put forward that the diesel unit is going to give some real raw power according to some reports and who does not love power? :P
Old 31st January 2013, 23:07   #300
Senior - BHPian

Guess the wait is going to be over.
Honda Amaze to be launched on April 1, 2013, reports Oncars.in

http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...pril-2013/3595
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks