Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2013, 15:09   #376
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Honda is hugely relying on this launch to pull some lost ground largely due to difference in fuel prices.

It is also important to have the pricing spot on otherwise Honda will also have similar fate as some of the other competitors who had got it wrong in the pricing and is gasping for breath in an already crowded segment.

Amaze Looks like a very good package but only time will tell if its on course.
Old 7th March 2013, 15:28   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

With the combo of petrol, petrol + AT, diesel. Honda does have the arsenal up sleeve to shake the segment, namely the Dzire, Manza.

However, the key to success with high volumes will be pricing. It will be nice to see how Maruti responds to this launch.
Old 7th March 2013, 16:10   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Well, with the recent news, I am not sure whether Amaze will escape with a premium over Dzire?! I would have happily paid a pemium for a 100 bp engine with 25 kmpl FE. Now I would reconsider if the engine is ~85 bhp and FE ~ 23 kmpl. There is NOT much difference over Dzire save for the space. I believe Dzire may end up having better kit on the top variant though.
To be honest 25 kmpl from a 100 bhp diesel engine is bit optimistic.

85 bhp/23 kmpl is more realistic keeping competition in mind.

Car vs car the direct advantage that Amaze will have over dzire is the useful boot space. At 400 litres it is voluminous.
Other than that it will be a tough fight IMO. Honda needs to be smart with its pricing and they cannot price it too premium over the dzire. Dzire itself is priced high at 8.5 lakhs for ZDi variant. Anything around 9 lakhs means straight into Rapid/Sunny/Verna category. So the situation can be tricky.

Maruti might even come up with minor facelift adding few more value to the car. A vdi/vxi ABS model maybe . Or some more features to the ZDi like gps,reverse camera,auto folding mirrors bla bla.
Old 7th March 2013, 16:43   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
With the combo of petrol, petrol + AT, diesel. Honda does have the arsenal up sleeve to shake the segment, namely the Dzire, Manza.
What I'd like to see is a Diesel+AT option on the Amaze at a sweet price point. Now, that would REALLY shake the segment.
H3LIOS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 19:47   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yep, the car will be launched with the diesel engine, and the petrol + AT option.
Nice! The AT certainly has me interested. Hope they offer it in more than one trim.
Old 7th March 2013, 22:35   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
...Honda needs to be smart with its pricing and they cannot price it too premium over the dzire...
100 bhp / 25 kmpl is never my concern; the pricing is (exactly the way you put it). If Honda demands a premium, as a customer, what weight-age do I give to justify that premium? Things get to almost a level field with Dzire scoring on features while Amaze will score on space.

With this spec, I would rather expect a 20K lesser than Dzire; but we really need to wait & see. Good part is we don't have to wait much for it!

Edit:: If the segment needs to heat up, Honda has to price Amaze a bit lower. Maruti might jazz up Dzire then with even more features and make the car better VFM too. They also need to consider Ecosport joining the party in some time.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th March 2013 at 22:38. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 23:55   #382
BHPian

Scala / Sunny Diesel is 85 bhp / 200 NM / 22 kmpl ~ 8.1 lacs ex-delhi.
Fiesta Diesel is 90 bhp 200 NM / 23 kmpl ~ 9.3 l ex-delhi

Honda has a 1 segment up engine in my opinion on the Amaze. Poorer spec engines from Ford, Renault are selling at such a high price, and here we are bashing Honda - pioneers of refined engines - for a great i-DTEC mill they've managed to engineer at long last? Agreed they're late entrants, but the car/specs seems really promising on paper

Dzire Diesel is 74 bhp with 21 kmpl.

If Amaze gets ~90 bhp with 23+ kmpl, WHY NOT A PREMIUM? I'm in line, waiting to lap it up. All other MSIL fanatics can go buy the 3/4th of a car that DZire looks to be
spinfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 23:59   #383
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I doubt whether the Amaze will come with an AT option to start with. Even more so, I expect the D to be launched first with the P to follow.
Sir I was going through the automobile websites today and all have carried the story of Amaze getting an automatic version as a top of the line model so I believe that answers your doubt . Also I believe they'll launch them together because petrol gives you that lower initial pricing which attracts customers.
Old 8th March 2013, 08:41   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post

Honda has a 1 segment up engine in my opinion on the Amaze. Poorer spec engines from Ford, Renault are selling at such a high price, and here we are bashing Honda - pioneers of refined engines - for a great i-DTEC mill they've managed to engineer at long

Dzire Diesel is 74 bhp with 21 kmpl.

If Amaze gets ~90 bhp with 23+ kmpl, WHY NOT A PREMIUM?
The thing is cars like Scala and new Fiesta belong to a segment higher and are proper C segment cars unlike Dzire/Amaze which are entry level sedans. So a direct comparison is unfair.
For the engine part Scala is provided with a potent and time tested engine. Numbers dont exactly tell the real story as the lighter Scala is fast enough with its 85 odd horses.

Honda has pioneered the petrol engines. True. But idtec is an unknown animal. Mjds, TDCis and others are proven products.
So lets wait and see how the new engine performs in real life.

Amaze might even end up being a faster car than dzire but by what extend ? How much are you willing to pay for extra 10 horses ? Not more than 20Ks I guess .

With the recent price cut of Manza Tata has upped the vfm game for the segment. Maruti has got the margin to improve Dzire's value as well. Honda just cannot afford to get casual with Amaze's pricing.

Last edited by Turbokick : 8th March 2013 at 08:46.
Old 8th March 2013, 10:05   #385
BANNED

Re: Honda Brio (Automatic) : Official Review

@rohit_dce; I aslo saw the link. The petrol is coming at the same time with the AT. I do not think we will see the AT on the Diesel soon. Fingers crossed. As for cars being with the dealers, the bottom line is that you need a 'type approval' from the RTO before you can sell the car. So I guess one each has gone to the capitals.
Old 8th March 2013, 12:08   #386
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support: Post deleted. Please check your grammar/punctuation before posting. Also, please mention the source of information you provide here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th March 2013 at 15:14.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 12:53   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Honda has a 1 segment up engine in my opinion on the Amaze. Poorer spec engines from Ford, Renault are selling at such a high price,
So we should pay ONLY 9L for a Diesel Altis? Is power & torque figure of a car the price deciding factor?

Quote:
Dzire Diesel is 74 bhp with 21 kmpl...
Sorry, new Dzire diesel is rated at 23.4 kmpl; at par or better than the Amaze!

Quote:
...If Amaze gets ~90 bhp with 23+ kmpl, WHY NOT A PREMIUM? I'm in line, waiting to lap it up. All other MSIL fanatics can go buy the 3/4th of a car that DZire looks to be
Subjective thoughts, isn't it?! As a customer, I look at more parameters than the length & the looks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th March 2013 at 15:15. Reason: Removed quote and reply. Original post is removed too.
Old 8th March 2013, 13:06   #388
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support: Post deleted. Please check your grammar/punctuation before posting. Also, please mention the source of information you provide here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th March 2013 at 15:16.
Old 8th March 2013, 13:30   #389
BHPian

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th March 2013 at 15:17.
Old 8th March 2013, 13:50   #390
BHPian

I hope the above figures are not true. Else Honda can see a replay of Jazz! For Jazz, the premium price was because of the imported parts, but what is with Amaze? AFAIK, it is localized to a large extant and shares the platform with Brio. Together these two factors should really result in lower costs.
Their first diesel and if it turns out to be a market dud, then Honda can't think of penetrating the diesel market in future. Add to it the closing gap between petrol and diesel, this multiplies their woes.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks