Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2013, 17:58   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

OD have posted on Twitter that the Amaze will be launched on 11 Apr 13 (on the contrary of ACI's reports). Here is link to ICB's report (referring to OD's Twitter):

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/2...eady-on-68731/

... & the confusion prevails, though 16th isn't far away .
Old 13th March 2013, 21:47   #437
BHPian

While Amaze launch is just round the cornet, here comes another shocker from Honda,it may launch a Honda Brio based MPV as early as next month

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/06/h...v-in-indonesia

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/honda-...in-april-2013/

Honda Brio is 3.61 meter long so they can easily design an Ertiga like MPV in under 4 meters and still have 12% excise duty.

If they introduce Brio based MPV in both petrol and diesel variants and undercut Ertiga, Maruti will have a huge problem at hand and will find itself engulfed from all sides.

Last edited by rock75 : 13th March 2013 at 21:51.
Old 14th March 2013, 13:57   #438

As some one having owned 6 cars between these brands (3 each from Honda and Suzuki) during past 10 years and followed quite a lot more cars in close friend circles, Couldn't stop smiling at the statement that Dzire will trump Amaze in everything except space. Let me not elaborate any further as I could either be labeled as a Honda fan boy or risk deleted by mods as off topic. Only point I wanted to make is that I absolutely don't know any service advisors by name in Honda as I just give off the car to my driver while I know all of the Maruti service centers and personnel. Maruti scores here I guess

As Hormazd sorabjee wrote a couple months ago, Honda has traditionally been a incredibly Engineering led Company which tried to define what customer wants. This probably led to their current crisis. But with them now willing to come down and cater to what customers are asking for with the Brio based sedan, MPV etc (Diesel,<4m, lower pricing etc apart from their regular USPs on packaging, FE and Reliability) it will be interesting to see how they fare in the market. I am willing to bet on Amaze as they seem to have clicked all of what emerging markets need instead of just chasing a global buyer. I doubt whether it will be Dzire beater though in terms of sales.

Last edited by GTO : 14th March 2013 at 14:21. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 14th March 2013, 16:55   #439
BHPian

Rediff is running a story on the amaze and guess what their data source is Team-Bhp

http://www.rediff.com/business/slide...20130314.htm#5

Kudos (Traditionally they would source data from carwaale.com)
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 17:27   #440
Team-BHP Support

NDTV writes on how Honda is making an effort to ensure that the Amaze is a big success: Link.
moralfibre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 17:54   #441
BHPian

what can be the risks attached with buying a new Diesel engine which I believe is getting launched first for India customers and later for other emerging markets? Considering that Honda always made fantastic Petrol engines, wouldn't someone be risking quite a lot of money just paying for a untested market product?

I would like to buy a diesel version but can't still get my head around these doubts!
Old 14th March 2013, 22:50   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattandip View Post
what can be the risks attached with buying a new Diesel engine which I believe is getting launched first for India customers and later for other emerging markets? Considering that Honda always made fantastic Petrol engines, wouldn't someone be risking quite a lot of money just paying for a untested market product?

I would like to buy a diesel version but can't still get my head around these doubts!
The Honda diesels are present elsewhere and it is just that they are going to touch down on the Indian shores for the first time. Honda has been known for producing almost perfect engines so I doubt that the diesel engines would be something which need to be doubted. If I am in the market for buying a diesel car, I'd bet my money on Amaze.
rohit_dce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 21:15   #443
BHPian

[quote=JRAJE;3066033 Honda has traditionally been a incredibly Engineering led Company which tried to define what customer wants. This probably led to their current crisis. But with them now willing to come down and cater to what customers are asking for with the Brio based sedan, MPV etc (Diesel,<4m, lower pricing etc apart from their regular USPs on packaging, FE and Reliability) it will be interesting to see how they fare in the market. I am willing to bet on Amaze as they seem to have clicked all of what emerging markets need instead of just chasing a global buyer. I doubt whether it will be Dzire beater though in terms of sales.[/QUOTE]

Why not? The car has everything the Dzire has and has everything better than the Dzire as a matter of fact. And more over, it would have better engine quality and refinement than the Dzire so I do not see a reason as to why would it not sell.
rohit_dce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 21:29   #444
BHPian

Guys, sorry for asking OT question but is anyone aware of upcoming Honda Citi Diesel?
My uncle went to book Honda Amaze yesterday (in Patiala, Punjab) and the salesperson advised him to wait to Citi Diesel which is coming shortly.

I was just surprised when he told me that and hence posting the question here. He didnt book Amaze nevertheless on dealer's recommendation.
Old 15th March 2013, 21:35   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
Guys, sorry for asking OT question but is anyone aware of upcoming Honda Citi Diesel?
Well if you had read the review on the first page thorolly then its mentioned that the current gen city won't be gettin the diesel heart, only the next generation city will get it so it can be easily said that city diesel is a good 2-3 years away.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th March 2013 at 21:37. Reason: fixing quote
Old 15th March 2013, 21:57   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Well if you had read the review on the first page thorolly then its mentioned that the current gen city won't be gettin the diesel heart, only the next generation city will get it so it can be easily said that city diesel is a good 2-3 years away.
Since you insisted , i read the first page again, thoroughly.

In other points section , Mod has mentioned the next gen City will get same diesel engine and should be arriving early 2014, not 2-3 years away as you had suggested.

it might be in development and coming sooner (who knows), i dont see any other reason dealer encouraging not to book Amaze and wait for City. also, i never mentioned current gen city in my post.

A little politeness will be really appreciated when replying. Thanks!!
Old 16th March 2013, 07:04   #447
BHPian

^^ Well apologizes from my side I never meant to be rude to you, sorry if you found my post non polite.
I have just speculated the time frame it could come sooner and later too and the dealers can't be trusted just like that you see, anyhow it won't be launched any sooner than Amaze thats for sure.

Last edited by EFF-EIGHT-BEE : 16th March 2013 at 07:05. Reason: Typo error.
Old 16th March 2013, 12:21   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

Paid a visit to Shubh Honda to check out the Amaze which had arrived for RTO-registration and approval.

This VX variant will be the top-of-the-line offering from Honda for the Amaze, and it's a brand new variant. I am told that the Brio will also get the VX variant shortly after the Amaze's launch in mid-April.

Exclusive to Team-BHP, these following snaps include the interiors of the Amaze. Please pardon the quality of the following pics, as all of them were taken by my Galaxy Note.

Bulbous front, as the Brio.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-dsc07433.jpg

Front three-quarters. I personally have always liked the front looks.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-dsc07434.jpg

Side view. Notice the prominent rearward extending creases a-la the Brio. Door handles are of body-colored type. No chrome ones for the Amaze.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-dsc07435.jpg

The front grille. Mini-Cityish.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-dsc07432.jpg

The headlamp section. Similar to the Brio. Consistent panel gaps. Nice fit and finish, I must say.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-dsc07431.jpg

The rear. Tail lamp design cues taken from the pre-facelifted City, IMO. Looks too similar to the Sail.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-dsc07436.jpg

The boot and complete rear. It reminded me of the DZire's derriere. Note the very thick chrome strip extending all the way across the lid. Too garish, IMO.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-dsc07437.jpg

Integrated blinkers on ORVMs. Always a stylish touch.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-dsc07446.jpg

The alloys, shodded with MRF ZVTVs rubber.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-dsc07447.jpg

Speedo is the same as the Brio, with an inbuilt "ECO" indicator.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-dsc07440.jpg

Steering-mounted controls provided. Steering is nicely grippy. Keys come with lock/unlock buttons.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-dsc07439.jpg

Default Honda OEM HU on center console. No support for CDs. Notice the chrome rings around the air cons. Big glovebox provided.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-dsc07438.jpg

Front passenger area. Notice the prominent beige dual-tone interiors and the bottle holder provided on the door pocket.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-dsc07441.jpg

The front seats look typical of the Brio. Dual-textured fabric, similar to the one provided in the Brio.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-dsc07442.jpg

The rear bench. Has ample thigh support and is nicely soft. Best used with 2 passengers though. A 3rd might be a bit of a squeeze.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-dsc07444.jpg

Minimum/maximum legroom. Here I must mention that the rear legroom is better than the Brio, possibly due to a slightly longer wheelbase. Taller people won't be complaining, as long as there are 2 at the rear.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-dsc07445.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th March 2013 at 12:25.
RavenAvi is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 12:36   #449
BHPian

Thank you for the pictures RavenAvi, this is a massive scoop!

While everyone expected the Brio's interiors to be carried over directly on to the Amaze sedan, what I personally was waiting for with bated breath was a picture of the leg room on offer and the width of the rear seats. Honda seems to have done well for themselves in that regard and now pricing remains the final piece of the puzzle in determining whether this car is going to set the sales charts on fire.

The blue paint finish suits the car well and seems to be of an excellent quality. I wish they didn't tack on quite so much chrome though, the chrome garnish at the rear and the strips at the front could have bought the vehicle price down marginally and instead could have been offered as accessory fitments at the dealer to those who wish to purchase it. Unsparing use of chrome makes any car look positively gaudy.
Motored Mindset is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 12:44   #450
Senior - BHPian

^
Gosh, the car is one ugly duckling. The alloys are classy though.

It may be a important launch for Honda as its their diesel debut but the Indian car market is swelling with mid-sized/entry level diesel sedans. Honda needs to give one heck of a sweltering deal for this car to be a success. They must learn from Toyota Etios/Liva's mistakes where that model was not a runaway success even after promising a lot.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed