Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2013, 21:58   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motored Mindset View Post
Thank you for the pictures swiftdiesel, they came in right when the thread was discussing the new marooon shade

This is a question for both RavenAvi and you (and anyone else who has seen the production model of the Amaze) - has Honda covered up the ugly exposed metal door panels in the bottle storage areas on the door? I didn't like it at all in the Brio and even in the Brio Official Review and Viddy's Amaze review, the exposed metal inside the body (especially in bright colours like red) was criticised.
Sorry mate, couldn't check it as I wasn't looking for it. Moreover the car was locked and nobody was around.
Old 25th March 2013, 23:55   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Looks like the media TDs are over. As usual, there is an embargo till Apr 01, 2013. We will get to know the official specs on the same day I believe.
Did you see that the car will return 25.8 kmpl as per ARAI figures which will surely be a class leading figure, and coupled with class leading engine, the Dzire will surely be in the line of fire.
Old 26th March 2013, 01:21   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
....I can 100% confirm the engine specs (Diesel).

100 PS @ 3600 rpm
200 Nm @ 1750 rpm
Arai Rating - 25.8 kmpl
That's freakin awesome! Let's wait & see the pricing now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Was at Capital Honda, Chennai to service a friend's City. Tucked in a corner was this Amaze. Some pics and the model is petrol BTW.
That's a beautiful color. Liked it more than the blue in some of the spy shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_dce View Post
Did you see that the car will return 25.8 kmpl as per ARAI figures which will surely be a class leading figure, and coupled with class leading engine, the Dzire will surely be in the line of fire.
For sure! I will happily pay some premium for this car over Dzire. But now it will be interesting to see the price & response to the car at a time even the super hit Dzire is taking a blow. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th March 2013 at 01:22.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 10:21   #529
BHPian

swift loyalist converted!?!

I just hope the waiting periods aren't too long!
Old 26th March 2013, 10:59   #530

Hey guys,

Being the current owner of Brio i am super excited about the release of Amaze. I am looking for a second car for my family and the timing couldn't have been better. I am told that the official release date is 11th of April as most of you know already.

Here is an article from the economic times that confirms the mileage of Honda Amaze to be 26 KMPL

http://bit.ly/YvnnEn

Excerpts from the Article
1. The revolutionary i-DTEC technology-fired Amaze promises a 26-km run on every litre of diesel

2. Amaze's 1500cc engine would also deliver the highest power of around 100PS or 300Nm of torque, making it the fastest car in its segment, much higher than the 190Nm of torque churned out by the 1248cc Maruti DZire

I personally love Brio and so far had a pleasant experience with it. The only thing that worries me about Amaze is how the New Diesel Engine from Honda for the Indian market will stand the test of time. No doubt that Honda makes wonderful petrol engines but i seriously hope the new iDtec engine will be as good as the petrol counterpart.
Old 26th March 2013, 12:21   #531
BHPian

Hi All,

my house is near to dealership yard. there were few cars getting unloaded. the tail lamp design were very unusual, its not honda city. this was amaze in blue color and it had honda logo in boot.

i travel daily on this roads. will go tomorrow morning and try get some pics.
Old 26th March 2013, 12:23   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
swift loyalist converted!?! ...
Sorry, but I am NOT a loyalist to ANY brand!! I am a loyalist to GOOD cars, from any stable. I am more than happy that I am NOT blinded by brand love while choosing a car!

As a customer, I look at what each cars offer me for the price I give and nothing more matters. And to be clear, I am yet to decide on the "buy" factor, based on the final price and the VFM it offers!

Since Amaze offers better power / torque / FE figures than Dzire, I feel it can command a premium. At the same time, I expect them NOT to charge a huge premium as the interior "feel" is inferior to Dzire (by virtue of integrated head rests & a very basic console & lesser features too). Probably a 20K over Dzire is what I am looking at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxor87 View Post
...2. Amaze's 1500cc engine would also deliver the highest power of around 100PS or 300Nm of torque, making it the fastest car in its segment, much higher than the 190Nm of torque churned out by the 1248cc Maruti DZire...
300 Nm torque?!! They have messed up the specs royally.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th March 2013 at 12:29.
Old 26th March 2013, 13:05   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Was at Capital Honda, Chennai to service a friend's City. Tucked in a corner was this Amaze. Some pics and the model is petrol BTW.
Wow, good to see more(detailed) pics and especially after it has hit the indian soil. Everything looks quite nice. All the style elements etc. The only thing that bothers me is the ground clearance. Looks pretty much like that of the Honda city(or maybe less). Now this is car without passengers and luggage. If there were both in it, it will obviously go further down. I just hope these monster speedbreakers wont cause a lot of damage to the underbelly.

The ARAI rating is an amazing number . I am sure Honda can be trusted to deliver with consistency. I wish Honda luck with the diesel engine and I say this because it is the precursor to a lot of other things in the future. I am interested in the Brio based MPV if it makes it to India and I would love a diesel heart in there. The Ertiga is feeling quite lonely out there and I am sure competition will make it better.
teja484 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 15:23   #534
BHPian

A few snaps shared by my friend who had gone to the A** for service.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-image.jpeg  

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-image_1.jpeg  

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-image_2.jpeg  

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-image_3.jpeg  

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-image_4.jpeg  

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-image_5.jpeg  

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-photo.jpg  

anandtheleo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 16:44   #535
Senior - BHPian

Honda has a "corporate announcement" to make on April 2 in New Delhi - Amaze?
Old 26th March 2013, 21:31   #536
BHPian

At 25.8 kmpl iDtec seems to be a ridiculously good engine at fuel efficiency. I wonder how Honda has managed to get the numbers this good from a powerful engine in its first attempt when the seasoned diesel engine makers like Toyota,Fiat, Renault etc keep on trying to find the ideal balance between power and efficiency.
One factor I feel adds to the good efficiency is the light weight of the car.

I think Honda now has the room to plant the same engine in a detuned state for Brio instead of going the 3 cylinder way.
1500cc 70-75 bhp/170-180NM.
26+kmpl.
I think Brio diesel too can be a success even if priced at par with Swift D.
Old 26th March 2013, 22:21   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
I think Honda now has the room to plant the same engine in a detuned state for Brio instead of going the 3 cylinder way.
1500cc 70-75 bhp/170-180NM.
26+kmpl.
I think Brio diesel too can be a success even if priced at par with Swift D.
What happened to beat diesel? Indian car buyer mentality is complex. We dont just go by mileage like beat or Toyota quality liva. Even figo which looks vfm does not sell

It would be totally different if you consider jazz diesel.

Buyers interested in swift, ertiga or i20 all can just swing towards Honda dealership
Old 26th March 2013, 22:41   #538

Went to Pride Honda today to get my Brio serviced. They had two Amaze Petrol VX variants and both were AT models. I wasn't allowed to take photos but from the little time i had i am really impressed by the car. For a sub 4 meter car Honda has done a great job with the design.

My Observations (compared to Brio)
1. Seat height adjuster in Amaze (this feature is coming in the yet to be announced VX tim of Brio)
2. Rear seats felt a lot better than the ones i have in Brio
3. Rear log room is improved. I am 6 feet 3 Inch tall and can tell you that i had a very little problem sitting in the back with the front seat pulled all the way back.
4. OVRMS with Integrated blinkers
5. The much needed rear defogger in Brio is present in Amaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motored Mindset View Post
)
This is a question for both RavenAvi and you (and anyone else who has seen the production model of the Amaze) - has Honda covered up the ugly exposed metal door panels in the bottle storage areas on the door? I didn't like it at all in the Brio and even in the Brio Official Review and Viddy's Amaze review, the exposed metal inside the body (especially in bright colours like red) was criticised.

6. @ Motored Mindset: I have checked this twice and i can tell you that Honda has covered up the Metal Door panels in the bottle storage areas for Amaze

7. The back side of Brio with the all glass tail gate is a love or hate relationship. But with Amaze the average Indian buyer wont complain. Personally i liked it.

8. The boot space looked okay to me but fat better than that of Brio

Overall i am impressed with the Honda Amaze. I seriously hope Honda prices it right. They sure should have learnt a lesson from Jazz.

Let me know if any of you want to know anything is particular. I will try my best to answer your questions.
roxor87 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 22:50   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
What happened to beat diesel? Indian car buyer mentality is complex. We dont just go by mileage like beat or Toyota quality liva. Even figo which looks vfm does not sell

It would be totally different if you consider jazz diesel.

Buyers interested in swift, ertiga or i20 all can just swing towards Honda dealership
Every car that has got success or failure in our market isnot without any reason.

Beat Diesel is a decent success. Yes the 'most efficient car' didnt help this car to the extend it should be for the reason of its limited appeal. The reason being its 3 cylinder engine which scores low in terms of power and overall refinement.

Toyota Liva suffered for its cost cutting ways, lack of appeal and ofcourse that 'not so cheap' pricing.

Figo being a Ford is enjoying the success it deserved. Ford has limited appeal in our market.

Now coming back to Brio, I think its a nice little car and with a responsive and efficient diesel engine its appeal can be further enhanced. I dont find a real drawback with the combination (except maybe boot space) if the pricing is right.

Why a diesel Brio ?
- Class leading fuel efficiency with decent power.
- Honda Brand
- Compact and well engineered hatchback.

My words are more speculative though.

Last edited by Turbokick : 26th March 2013 at 22:53.
Old 26th March 2013, 23:12   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxor87 View Post
6. @ Motored Mindset: I have checked this twice and i can tell you that Honda has covered up the Metal Door panels in the bottle storage areas for Amaze
Thank roxor87, it's a relief to hear that Honda has aimed to give this car a bit more executive appeal than a colourful hippie interior by covering up the exposed door storage places.

Its hilarious how the Economic Times article has built their argument based on a typo in explaining that "300 Nm" of torque is significantly more than the Dzire's when actually its no more than 10 Nm

I can't wait to get the Amaze Official Review on TBhp!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks