Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2013, 14:31   #31
BHPian

Re: My Pre-Worshipped Honda Civic Ownership Experience

Looks like I am the third Vivek here who has the Silver Blue Civic. Is it due to something in our name that attracts us to this colour?
Old 25th September 2013, 17:49   #32

Hi Vivek,
Congrats on the buy.
I have this deal on hand : Honda Civic 1.8s AT, 2008 oct, 35k done. Price: 5l
This Civic is my uncle's friend's and I have been using it from around 15 days without closing the deal, intact. He looks to have maintained it well as he respects cars and he owning a Freelander and Porsche, somehow makes me believe that the Civic has been well maintained !

Civic has been my dream car ever since the launch. I have been using SKoda Fabia petrol from the last 2 years and am extremely happy with the ride quality. Worried about the stability of Civic compared to a German make.

I am experiencing a whistle noise when I accelerate and sense some unwanted vibes. I am due taking this for a check. Can you suggest what all aspects to focus while getting a test done.
Also, this being a 5 year used car, I am worried about the maintenance ahead especially , any major parts that might have worn out. Can you suggest if I will have to shell out any significant amounts for a 5 year old and 35k done.
Old 25th September 2013, 20:09   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravtejaj View Post
I have this deal on hand : Honda Civic 1.8s AT, 2008 oct, 35k done...

...Also, this being a 5 year used car, I am worried about the maintenance ahead especially , any major parts that might have worn out. Can you suggest if I will have to shell out any significant amounts for a 5 year old and 35k done.
As a Civic-AT owner for 6 years 4 months @1,30,000 kms (no driver I drove it all!), If it had been maintained/driven properly, you will get years and years of trouble-free run.

I just posted in this thread that I plan to hold my Civic for (hope to) 15+ years:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...rade-swap.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravtejaj View Post
I am experiencing a whistle noise when I accelerate...
I had a similiar problem once and it was due to low power-steering fluid. After it was topped up, the the noise vanished.

And if you had not already seen it, look up this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-must-dos.html
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 23:24   #34

I acquired a 2008 Civic AT last week (35K on odo), read through the experiences on this and many other threads on t-bhp and took the plunge. Currently I'm trying to unlearn my driving style, mastered over the years by zipping my Alto on mumbai roads and peaceful co-existence that I could establish with the fellow auto drivers doing a "temple run" in kandivali.
I bought the car from Mahindra FC and have opted for their 1 year warranty - any members has any idea on how is it ?
Old 8th November 2013, 12:38   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_08 View Post
I acquired a 2008 Civic AT last week
Congrats!

Once you get used to the AT you will start hating manual-shift cars!

Though the AT is a boon mainly in cities, I have always felt fully in control on highways and on hill roads too.

I assume you have gone through this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-must-dos.html

Last edited by manim : 8th November 2013 at 12:41.
Old 8th November 2013, 16:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

@ Vivek5870

Can you please tell me where you went for the brake pads, side step garnish? at the dealer itself? I go to Southend Honda Mathura road and they're a bunch of cheats.
Old 15th August 2018, 21:17   #37

I have a very similar issue, need to know the fix. i was asked to change the tranny. couldn't find any solution to my issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks