Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2012, 16:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited!

Great deal over drive! I think you really chose wisely on this one. I completely agree with your points on the depreciation of luxury cars and actually taking advantage of the dramatic fall in value over the first two years- IMHO the best deals occur on 2 yr old cars, especially in this price range as one can find low-mileage examples. The E60 has held its own in the looks dept, and its interiors are still quite up to date (except for that annoying i-drive). Wish you all the best!
Old 24th December 2012, 16:42   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun Venugopal View Post
The opinion on the web is divided on whether there is a long term adaptive learning of driving styles. Some say it is just the throttle maps readjusting and hat jappens each time the car moves from a standstill. How does this really help, I am still confused.
Well I'm inclined to believe that the car does adapt long term to the driving style. But what I've also read is that after a transmission reset the car learns for about 30 mins or so, and then long term changes happen slowly. Sure if you go for a highway drive you will find the car responding better in the city, but then it will go back to what it was earlier according to the usage. The transmission reset certainly does make a difference, and since there was a previous owner who probably drove in a different style it may make a difference to the way the car responds and shifts gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Congrats overdrive. You got yourself a gem.

Akshay, do they ship to India? How are the shipping costs / reliability?
They only do U.S shipping, but you can use a mail forwarding service to get it here.
Old 24th December 2012, 16:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats over.drive! You've got yourself one heck of a deal. Those are some lakhs well spent!

Do post more pictures of the car on better locations.
Old 24th December 2012, 17:10   #19
BHPian

Congratulation on acquiring the car I dream to own someday. Oh she is beautiful, isn't she?

Hey I have to say the previous owner has really nurtured this one well! She looks quite pristine for a 3 year old.

Akshay knows I have been eying the F30 3 for some time now. It was going to be our next purchase. Your post and that killer term "depreciation disaster" had added a whole new twist to that buddy! Literally thrown a spanner in the works now!
Old 24th December 2012, 19:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Congratulation on acquiring the car I dream to own someday. Oh she is beautiful, isn't she?

Hey I have to say the previous owner has really nurtured this one well! She looks quite pristine for a 3 year old.

Akshay knows I have been eying the F30 3 for some time now. It was going to be our next purchase. Your post and that killer term "depreciation disaster" had added a whole new twist to that buddy! Literally thrown a spanner in the works now!
Thanks Omtoatom. She is gorgeous indeed. The previous owner has taken very good care of the car. Even the interiors with the beige leather look like brand new. F30 is a good car. But I was really disappointed by the exorbitant prices and the lack of features especially in the luxury and sport line variants. I urge you to reconsider your options before you make a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Congrats over.drive! You've got yourself one heck of a deal. Those are some lakhs well spent!

Do post more pictures of the car on better locations.
Thanks clevermax. I definitely will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The transmission reset certainly does make a difference, and since there was a previous owner who probably drove in a different style it may make a difference to the way the car responds and shifts gears.
I'll give that a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
Great deal over drive! I think you really chose wisely on this one. I completely agree with your points on the depreciation of luxury cars and actually taking advantage of the dramatic fall in value over the first two years- IMHO the best deals occur on 2 yr old cars, especially in this price range as one can find low-mileage examples. The E60 has held its own in the looks dept, and its interiors are still quite up to date (except for that annoying i-drive). Wish you all the best!
Thanks nirav. BMW cars on the whole are pretty reliable and if you chose right, a pre-owned car can be great value for money. In fact, of around 35 cars we have owned in the last 20 years, only 1 (Fluidic Verna) was purchased new. All others were bought pre-owned. In fact, I am right now planning on selling my Laura off to get an Audi A4. I'm patiently waiting for a good deal to come my way.
Old 28th March 2013, 01:51   #21
BHPian

Stunning car buddy. I just brought a pre-owned BMW 535i with sports package in USA and loving every bit of the experience.

Few questions here:

1. Does BMW India offer extended warranties for used cars brought from their dealerships? Did you get any quote on the warranties?

2. Since your car is a 2009 model with less that 50K miles on the odo, should it not be still under warranty?
Old 28th March 2013, 18:59   #22
BHPian

Awesome vehicle! Used car prices down in Kerala are pretty steep given that new car prices are typically 10% more than up north. Lucky us I guess

My bro had a field day with me. He got a beautifully maintained 50k odo 320d Highline and paid 40% of what I paid for my same car last year (though his is pre-LCI model 2008 with the 1st gen i-drive).

His decision made me go for another pre-owned car for my wife - ownership thread to be readied once I get my hands on it
Old 28th March 2013, 23:42   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Missed this thread somehow! Anyway nice to read thru your experience. We would love some more pics!

I see that you did have an apprehension about the FE. Is there any improvement?

Congrats on sealing a good deal and wish you miles of happy & safe motoring!
Old 29th March 2013, 11:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipinbn View Post
Few questions here:

1. Does BMW India offer extended warranties for used cars brought from their dealerships? Did you get any quote on the warranties?

2. Since your car is a 2009 model with less that 50K miles on the odo, should it not be still under warranty?
Thanks bipinbn. Congrats to you for your 535i sports. Is it E60 or F10? Which year? More details and maybe an initial review thread would be great. To answer your questions, I am not sure on the extended warranty for used BMW cars. But I am aware of warranty on used cars sold through BMWs premium selection (their used cars division).

Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05 View Post
Awesome vehicle! Used car prices down in Kerala are pretty steep given that new car prices are typically 10% more than up north. Lucky us I guess

My bro had a field day with me. He got a beautifully maintained 50k odo 320d Highline and paid 40% of what I paid for my same car last year (though his is pre-LCI model 2008 with the 1st gen i-drive).

His decision made me go for another pre-owned car for my wife - ownership thread to be readied once I get my hands on it
Thanks elantracrdi05. You are correct. Used car prices in the north, especially Delhi are more realistic. The fact of the matter is, people ask exhorbitant prices and actually sell them for much lower. Need to bargain well. But still, I think used car prices are on the higher side here.

That isn't a bad deal that your bro got. Which car did you get for your wife? Looking forward to reading the ownership report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Missed this thread somehow! Anyway nice to read thru your experience. We would love some more pics!

I see that you did have an apprehension about the FE. Is there any improvement?

Congrats on sealing a good deal and wish you miles of happy & safe motoring!
Thanks swiftnfurious. I promise some good pics soon. Just waiting for my DSLR. FE is still the same. The best I have achieved so far is 12.5 Km/L with light footed driving. I get around 7-8 Km/L during spirited driving. But it is so much fun.
over.drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 22:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by over.drive View Post
That isn't a bad deal that your bro got. Which car did you get for your wife? Looking forward to reading the ownership report.
Still haven't really driven it to warrant an ownership report. Got a pre-owned 2010 model Toyota Camry W4 AT. She is extremely pleased with it though so paisa vasool
Old 1st December 2013, 23:11   #26
BHPian

Trying to revive this thread for all who are searching for a pre owned E60 530d, its price range etc.

But most importantly calling all existing owners of E60 530d to pour in their emotions about this fabulous car, and practical aspects of maintaining it (worshipping it).

@over.drive; we need your long term report of your 530d, I've seen that you have changed at least 4 rims and one you had put up for sale here in tbhp. Earnestly looking forward to your experience so far.
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:56   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
But most importantly calling all existing owners of E60 530d to pour in their emotions about this fabulous car, and practical aspects of maintaining it (worshipping it).
Hi All,

Its been quite a while since this thread was updated. Been really busy with work and other things. But I do make sure I check back on T-BHP everyday at least for a few minutes to keep myself updated on the latest automotive news, updates and reviews. I know it is very addictive!

As to my 530d, what can I say that hasn't been said before about this beautiful machine. She still has the same effect on me as she did the very first time I saw her. I think my english language skills would not be sufficient to accurately describe this masterpiece from Bavaria.

I really have had no trouble with the car so far. The only expense I had to incur was change of a couple of tyres. However, I must confess that I haven't driven the car as much as I would have liked to. I think I have clocked just around 6000kms in the last 1 year. A lot of my friends are of the opinion that it is a crime to not take these cars out for super long drives. As a lame excuse, I tell them its quality not quantity that matters. But I know I should take her out more often.

In my defense, I would add that most of my commute is within the city and this is really not car you would want to drive in Kerala city roads. Not that the single lane highways here with a 70km/h speed limit full of speed cameras are much different, but driving around in the city, I must warn you, is not for the faint-hearted. It is wicked crazy out there.

I therefore take her mostly for long drives only and she prefers it that way too. A clear highway strecth + Sports Mode + that hydraulic steering + 500Nm of torque + windows down to hear that stunning 3L engine roar = a state of pure motoring nirvana. Performance is surreal!

The car is 4 years old and BMW has launched a facelift to the F10 as well, but the E60 still looks good and easily manages to turn heads. The design is too loud some may say but there is no denying that it has great road presence and an individuality which I think some of the new BMWs lack.

The best thing is that these machines do not cost a bomb anymore. Prices have dropped greatly and I think a well maintained example could be found for 16-22L depending on where you are. Prices in Kerala are on the higher side.

It was a very wise decision indeed to go for a pre-worshipped car and the experience has been truly amazing. In fact, I picked up a 2005 Mercedes E220CDi too a few months back.

@zulfi_hansi I did not change the wheels. In fact I think the 18 inchers are too lovely. Do let me know if you want any other details. Are you planning on buying a 530d?

A few pictures for you.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited!-dsc_0053.png  

Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited!-dsc_0033.jpg  

Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited!-dsc_0054.png  

Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited!-bmw_01.png  

over.drive is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 13:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

That's a great looking car. I don't know much about D+ -segment cars (never driven them or sat in them) but from the pictures I can see that it is really a well maintained car. Congrats, on your new car and enjoy it; take the F.E factor out of the picture for a while This car is meant to be enjoyed and you've got yourself a very fine example. All the best with your new car !
Old 2nd December 2013, 14:12   #29
BHPian

Hey Over.Drive,

Huge congrats on a lovely car. The 530D is the engine to have, any day! and at 27 lakhs odd, it is one heck of a deal! A real case of being in the right place at the right time eh?

Have you had any issues with grounding out with a full load of people in the car at all? And this runs gen2 or gen3 of the idrive?

I can see you've been enjoying her wily charms!!! Cheers doh.

Last edited by bIte tHe bulLet : 2nd December 2013 at 14:15.
Old 2nd December 2013, 16:45   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by over.drive View Post
@zulfi_hansi I did not change the wheels. In fact I think the 18 inchers are too lovely. Do let me know if you want any other details. Are you planning on buying a 530d?
Ooops! my mistake mistook it for another 530d here on tbhp [of nirmalkrishnan, he's also from Kerala]. Your wheels look fab for sure, no need to change it, how is the thread wear so far, how much have you clocked till now? Would love to hear more in detail from you.

Yes, I am getting really courageous now, the urge is irresistible to own this beauty, as usual bottom line is money, even a pre-owned one is like buying a small property! even my budget is around the same as you have quoted, but in Bangalore the prices are a little more than Kerala, most expensive in India, a 2nd owner 2005 run 70K, owner is expecting 18L, even after negotiating may not come below 17, its plane crazy here. Also there are hardly a handful 530d's in Karnataka. But I am looking for anything from 2009 and after, will have to take a loan of upto 75% of the price [you must be thinking to do that, but that is the kind of crazy urge I have for this car]. Wanted to know if it is safe to look at a little high mileage cars like in the range of 70K+ kms, I have come across 2 of them, yet to see these cars, provided they are well maintained etc, also what is the optimum life of its turbo.

Most Viewed