Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2013, 14:43   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: 2012 Maruti Ritz VDI - Our new family workhorse! **EDIT: Now sold!**

They didn't change the engine oil during the 1st service ?
I thought that's mandatory for the MASS to do during the first service.
I will suggest get it done once your car crosses 1k mark on the odo.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 14:52   #62
Senior - BHPian

True, there is an oil change at 1000 kms. May it is different for the upgraded ritz. I would also suggest that you change the same.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 16:13   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I just noticed this, how can i miss it earlier? Can you paint the door handles and the mirror cladding to the body color of silky silver?
Yes, it is possible. Sucks to know that even in the VDi variant these are left unpainted to save cost.

When i started my hunt for a new car a few months ago, i decided on the LDi which was then upgraded to VDi, then VDi with ABS and now finally booked the ZDi and hope to get delivery in Feb end or so.

Have decided on the Breeze Blue color but i don't see this much on our roads. Any issues with this paint/color scheme?

I was thinking of white but it's way too common and the granite gray and bakers chocolate colors look good but only when spotless and clean.

I have a red M800 already so red it out. I hate silver so that is out too

Eagerly waiting for confirmation from the dealer so i can initiate the company lease program.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 17:38   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just noticed this, how can i miss it earlier? Can you paint the door handles and the mirror cladding to the body color of silky silver?
Yes you can. I was quoted Rs. 2000/- for the paint job of door handles, ORVM covers and mudflaps to body color. After some negotiations, they agreed to give me a discount of 50% of the total bill. But, my family said they rather liked the contrast of the black handles & mirrors with the silver body color, so I ditched it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post

Cheers
Nope. I checked the manual and it's not mandatory. Engine Oil and Oil Filter change are marked for the 3rd service at 12 months or 10,000 kms, whichever is earlier, and at the same intervals thereafter.

Took snapshots from my Ritz manual regarding the maintenance schedule and here they are :-

2012 Maruti Ritz VDI - Our new family workhorse! **EDIT: Now sold!**-20130125_171431.jpg

2012 Maruti Ritz VDI - Our new family workhorse! **EDIT: Now sold!**-20130125_171514.jpg

(Legend: I = Inspect/Correct/Replace if necessary, R = Mandatory Replace/Change , C = Clean, A = Adjust, L = Lubricate, T = Tighten to Specified Torque, O = Rotate)

But still, in order to clear this up, I shall call the A.S.S. center tomorrow and inquire about this.

Quote:
True, there is an oil change at 1000 kms. May it is different for the upgraded ritz. I would also suggest that you change the same.
The schedule could be different for the facelifted Ritz. They have retuned the facelifted Ritz's DDiS heart for improved mileage and lesser maintenance, so maybe that's the reason behind this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Yes, it is possible. Sucks to know that even in the VDi variant these are left unpainted to save cost.

When i started my hunt for a new car a few months ago, i decided on the LDi which was then upgraded to VDi, then VDi with ABS and now finally booked the ZDi and hope to get delivery in Feb end or so.

Have decided on the Breeze Blue color but i don't see this much on our roads. Any issues with this paint/color scheme?

I was thinking of white but it's way too common and the granite gray and bakers chocolate colors look good but only when spotless and clean.

I have a red M800 already so red it out. I hate silver so that is out too

Eagerly waiting for confirmation from the dealer so i can initiate the company lease program.
Indeed. Appalling, to say the least. We are paying close to 7L for a car and the least it could have is body-colored extensions.

Congratulations, Aditya! The ZDi makes sense considering it has full safety features and some other useful add-ons - steering mounted controls, driver seat-height adjust, etc. Good choice!

Breeze Blue was the advertised color for the Wagon-R facelift from 2011(?), the "blue-eyed boy". That was the reason why we didn't go for it, since it's a default color for another Maruti car already. Maybe that's the reason why not many are opting for this color for their Ritzys.

Granite Grey & Baker's Chocolate require some maintenance, plus scratches would be immediately visible on them. Sylver already has a small set of scratches near her left rear door, but it's hardly visible to the naked eye. You have to peer really hard to make out the marks. Silver color is very helpful here - stress-free and relatively maintenance-free.

Eagerly waiting to see your ownership report. All the best. Let us know how it goes!
Old 25th January 2013, 17:58   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Nope. I checked the manual and it's not mandatory. Engine Oil and Oil Filter change are marked for the 3rd service at 12 months or 10,000 kms, whichever is earlier, and at the same intervals thereafter.
Hmmm, that is interesting.
Can you also check if Maruti recommends synthetic oil for Ritz also like the new Swift.
But i will suggest , still go for an engine oil change after you car has completed 1000 kms.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 19:11   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

N_Aditya, I have got a Breeze Blue color Ritz VDI. The color looks good and to my taste, not to mention inherent lower maintenance being a light color. No issues with scheme as well, as it has grey fabric inserts and seat-covers on inside and contrasts nicely. Being a new color in Ritz, there will be a exclusivity factor for some time, which you will miss out on other colors.

And I agree that the door-handles and mirrors should have been body-colored. According to my SA, it was because the Spoiler is standard on VDI now. I have got them painted at showroom itself (~ Rs 3000), and I feel it looks much better now.
Caffeinated is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 22:27   #67
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, Raven_avi. I was certain that almost all the ritz owners had to change oil at 1000kms. Does the new ritz come with the synthetic oil from the factory? is it the recommended oil for ritz now?

@n_aditya, congratulations, Zdi is a great choice. Silver is an extremely maintenance free colour. blue may show scratches and the likes. I felt that blue has a high degree of shine and stands out at certain places. If Zdi comes with blue interiors, it may be a nice overall colour scheme.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2013, 08:58   #68
BHPian

Quote:

Hmmm, that is interesting.
Can you also check if Maruti recommends synthetic oil for Ritz also like the new Swift.
But i will suggest , still go for an engine oil change after you car has completed 1000 kms.

Cheers
It is the same story as with the new swift, Maruti refuses to state if(mineral) this affects warranty, but the MASS will agree that mineral is also Ok.
In addition and more importantly, replacement of the filter also to be considered?
Old 26th January 2013, 13:50   #69
BHPian

You have got yourself a great ride in the form of Ritz and we have a great ownership review which is very well narrated. You have some great writing skills. Kudos to your effort and the review must be helping a lot of prospective buyers of Ritz out there. :thumbs

Last edited by GTO : 27th January 2013 at 14:59. Reason: Fixing smilie
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2013, 20:33   #70
Senior - BHPian

RavenAvi, I'm humbled! Thanks a lot for recommending my review! And now, your comprehensive review easily betters mine!

Quote:

Cheers
No, first oil change is at 10K/third service for my Ritz as well, which is pre-facelift.
blue_pulsar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2013, 20:39   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
No, first oil change is at 10K/third service for my Ritz as well, which is pre-facelift.
Oh is it.
That is strange ,when i did my car's 1st service, the engine oil change was recommended by Maruti itself, not sure why they are moving away from it .

As during the initial days there could be some wear and tear and its always better to get the engine oil change during the 1st service.

Cheers
Old 28th January 2013, 13:07   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Eagerly waiting to see your ownership report. All the best. Let us know how it goes!
Thank you Sir. I have booked the car a couple of weeks back. Hope to get delivery in a month or two.

Hope i didn't hurt your feelings when i said i hate the silver color (I don't like it since it is a very common color)

Quote:
@n_aditya, congratulations, Zdi is a great choice. Silver is an extremely maintenance free colour. blue may show scratches and the likes. I felt that blue has a high degree of shine and stands out at certain places. If Zdi comes with blue interiors, it may be a nice overall colour scheme.
Thank you Sir. There are only 2 options for interior color - red/back and grey. I have chosen the grey since the red/black looks too loud. I'm yet to see a breeze blue Ritz on the road, hope to see your car soon
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 23:26   #73
BHPian

Hi all,

Got the First service done this Sunday (27th Jan). There is no oil change after 1000kms. Service Centre said not required for these new generation DDIS engines. Change oil only in 3rd Servce @ 10000kms. Use synthetic oil only.

Car washed, polished, all nuts & bolts tightened, interiors cleaned, etc. ... overall nice job done.

I started having fever halfway through the servicing. Returned home with 102F fever, swollen face and paining ears. Doctor confirmed mums. Have been confined to bed since then, and will be till next Saturday.

On the owners manual, a card was stapled of a service engineer. later saw, his details had nothing to do with the dealer, seems he is from MSIL directly. Earlier I had heard that MSIL have put auditors at every dealer point. Seems they have done so at service points too.

Overall feel of the car has changed. Waiting to enjoy the same once I get well.

Earlier, on Saturday had got ICE fitted. Went in for Sony Xplod (with iPod compatibility) player and 4 Sony door speakers. Also was suggested bumper guards (as I declined to put parking sensors).

Regards,
Saurav
sauravdc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 14:08   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravdc View Post
Hi all,

Got the First service done this Sunday (27th Jan). There is no oil change after 1000kms. Service Centre said not required for these new generation DDIS engines. Change oil only in 3rd Servce @ 10000kms. Use synthetic oil only.
@sauravdc, How many KMs had the car run and what was the overall cost?
And has gear-shift become any smoother?
My Ritz is also due for 1st service. I'm finding shifts harder than expected.
Old 31st January 2013, 21:35   #75
BHPian

My car had ODO reading of 1062 on the 29th day of ownership.
Cost of Service was zero -- First free service.
Gear shift has definitely become smoother. Infact, I even told the service engineer to adjust the cables a bit to get back the "click" feel. But he advised against it stating that soft and smoother gears are a pleasure shifting.
Regards,
Saurav
sauravdc is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks